Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farce A cup 17:30 - Jan 6 with 3183 viewsHayesender

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12180752/wayne-rooney-and-entire-d

Surley just cancel the cup, and try to get the season finished?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Farce A cup on 17:35 - Jan 6 with 3158 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Surely the bigger question is "How can a 35-year old man look that old?"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Farce A cup on 17:37 - Jan 6 with 3138 viewsstowmarketrange

The draw for the 4th and 5th rounds is on Monday night,so at least we’ll know who we’ll play in the 5th round early.
Farce A cup on 17:42 - Jan 6 with 3106 viewsNorthernr

Two things, possibly contradictory but...

1 - it is ridiculous that the EFL removed all its requirements for testing once the summer games were over. You've got HUll going to West Ham, being offered free tests by the home team, and turning them down, because it's not in their interest to have players isolating. Some teams have done four tests all season. It's not fair on footballers and the people they live with, their families etc. They've been deliberately not testing them to save cash and to keep the show on the road, spreading it to God know's who. Now suddenly, when it's too late, when it's already running riot through squads, they're bringing back twice weekly tests, and that with this current peak is going to decimate the fixture list over the next few weeks.

2 - Possibly being cynical here but... all of Derby have got it have they? I wonder, given how unworkable the fixture list is, how low down the priority list the FA Cup is, whether we might see a few teams that suddenly cannot possibly field a side this weekend. Do we think Derby, in a relegation scrap, want to go and play Chorley in the cup in the wind and the rain this weekend? Do they balls.
Farce A cup on 17:57 - Jan 6 with 3042 viewsdavman

Farce A cup on 17:42 - Jan 6 by Northernr

1 - it is ridiculous that the EFL removed all its requirements for testing once the summer games were over. You've got HUll going to West Ham, being offered free tests by the home team, and turning them down, because it's not in their interest to have players isolating. Some teams have done four tests all season. It's not fair on footballers and the people they live with, their families etc. They've been deliberately not testing them to save cash and to keep the show on the road, spreading it to God know's who. Now suddenly, when it's too late, when it's already running riot through squads, they're bringing back twice weekly tests, and that with this current peak is going to decimate the fixture list over the next few weeks.

2 - Possibly being cynical here but... all of Derby have got it have they? I wonder, given how unworkable the fixture list is, how low down the priority list the FA Cup is, whether we might see a few teams that suddenly cannot possibly field a side this weekend. Do we think Derby, in a relegation scrap, want to go and play Chorley in the cup in the wind and the rain this weekend? Do they balls.

Much more to the point, why can the FA expel Notts Co from the 4th Qualifying Round because they could not field a team due to COVID, but not Derby or any other team that claims this?

Pointless football continues.

At least we'll be able to blame COVID for ending up in League One next season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Farce A cup on 18:08 - Jan 6 with 3006 viewsdenhamhoop2

Farce A cup on 17:42 - Jan 6 by Northernr

As a key worker I have had to work throughout this pandemic with no PPE for the first 2 months to minimal since and mask wearing has only become compulsory since end of November. There are no temperature checks and unless you have symptoms and choose to get yourself tested then it's work carrying on as normal(Bar it being the busiest I have known in 25 years every day is like Christmas and Christmas was unbelievable) .I work in a windowless box with the only ventilation is if someone opens the door into the building.
So whilst I have sympathy for any footballers who feel they are risking their families health at least their at work mixing is in the open and they have access to health professionals at the club . Try getting to see your own GP just how easy it is for the General Public
Farce A cup on 18:13 - Jan 6 with 2987 viewsNorthernr

Farce A cup on 18:08 - Jan 6 by denhamhoop2

As a key worker I have had to work throughout this pandemic with no PPE for the first 2 months to minimal since and mask wearing has only become compulsory since end of November. There are no temperature checks and unless you have symptoms and choose to get yourself tested then it's work carrying on as normal(Bar it being the busiest I have known in 25 years every day is like Christmas and Christmas was unbelievable) .I work in a windowless box with the only ventilation is if someone opens the door into the building.
So whilst I have sympathy for any footballers who feel they are risking their families health at least their at work mixing is in the open and they have access to health professionals at the club . Try getting to see your own GP just how easy it is for the General Public

Oh yeh, footballers have it relatively good I'm not pretending otherwise.
I do think what they're attempting to do with this season is ridiculous though. All the same competitions, same games, same internationals, in less time, with no testing. Good luck with that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Farce A cup on 18:27 - Jan 6 with 2911 viewsted_hendrix

All employers have a legal 'duty of care' responsibility this actually filters up to the bloody EFL.

If I was a footballer I'd be perfectly within my rights to withdraw my labour on the grounds that I do not consider my workplace a safe place to carry out my duties due to the current COVID-19 pandemic threatening the health and safety of myself and my family.

I would expect/demand backing from what is loosely called the PFA.

Please don't mention Pounds-Shillings and Pence to me, or fixture lists or cup runs or SKY and their bastard ratings or MOTD.

Please refer instead to the unseen but deadly and I mean deadly Virus that's killing people in a horrific way.

Come back to me when it is safe again to go out.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Farce A cup on 19:13 - Jan 6 with 2768 viewsHayesender

Farce A cup on 18:08 - Jan 6 by denhamhoop2

Likewise mate. The royal mail make all the right noises in the press etc, but the reality is they couldn't give a flying one about our health or well being.

We're easily replaceable

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Farce A cup on 19:23 - Jan 6 with 2717 viewsstowmarketrange

Farce A cup on 19:13 - Jan 6 by Hayesender

Likewise mate. The royal mail make all the right noises in the press etc, but the reality is they couldn't give a flying one about our health or well being.

We're easily replaceable

My firm is the same mate.They talk the talk,but they certainly don’t walk the walk.We have sanitiser machines that are always empty.They put us in different trucks each week,which increases the risk of catching the virus.
I was hoping to be furloughed again so that I can stay safe at home,but they say we’re too busy to furlough staff.
Roll on my turn for the vaccine.
Farce A cup on 19:43 - Jan 6 with 2656 viewsdenhamhoop2

We're easily replaceable

Hmm have a guess which company I work for? I also work with people who have been told by Government to isolate for underlying health issues and Royal Mail forces them to use their holidays or take unpaid leave. The Government advice is they should be allowed to work from home or furloughed the company refuses to adhere to Government advice still at least our former fuhrer Herr Back was able to isolate in his Swiss mansion before receiving his £ 1.5 million golden handshake
Farce A cup on 09:16 - Jan 7 with 2323 viewsthemodfather

whether or not the "cups" should have been played this season is one thing, i suggested that the lower leagues be made "northern/southern" sections to reduce travel and costs, have no relegation and maybe a play off?
this pandemic is taking a toll and should football be played at all? or any elite sport as so many failing covid tests? bah humbug
Farce A cup on 10:24 - Jan 7 with 2237 viewsjoe90

At what point will this season be cancelled? Can anyone honestly say their heart is in it this year? I know we're playing games, but none of it seems legit. Am I the only one that feels this way?
Farce A cup on 10:46 - Jan 7 with 2193 viewsizlingtonhoop

Farce A cup on 17:35 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I had a mate at uni who looked the spit of that. Obviously he was only in his twenties. What's more he was unbelievably successful with young women - even measured against the more traditionally good looking fellas. Not chatting them up, they would throw themselves at him.

He once told me he put it down to base animal attraction.

He's was, and is I presume, a fiercely intelligent bloke, but as I say, that's not gonna help just standing in a bar... I mention that cos I get the impression that the subject of the portrait is possibly less than fiercely intelligent...
Farce A cup on 10:46 - Jan 7 with 2189 viewsMyke

Farce A cup on 10:24 - Jan 7 by joe90

At what point will this season be cancelled? Can anyone honestly say their heart is in it this year? I know we're playing games, but none of it seems legit. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Season should have been paused after we played Forest, when we were top!
Farce A cup on 16:14 - Jan 7 with 2047 viewsstowmarketrange

The FA are looking into whether Shrewsbury should forfeit their tie against Southampton,but no such talk about Aston Villa yet.
Farce A cup on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 2007 viewsmarky67

We're easily replaceable

i`m also a postie and what you have said is 100% right.
Farce A cup on 17:04 - Jan 7 with 1933 viewsbollockchops

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/01/fa-tells-clubs-third-round-cup-t itll take a player to die then we can have a break
Farce A cup on 18:08 - Jan 7 with 1824 viewsNorthantsHoop

Farce A cup on 17:04 - Jan 7 by bollockchops

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/01/fa-tells-clubs-third-round-cup-t itll take a player to die then we can have a break

It is all starting to look a bit of a mess, not sure how long FA can hold this line about 14 fit players and forfeiting games. They seem oblivious that the country is fighting a virus and that all warks of life are being affected, and you cannot put people at risks because of rules that in my mind don't really cover what we are going through.
Farce A cup on 18:23 - Jan 7 with 1801 viewsmikeygunn

Boro + Wednesday have outbreaks now. God knows what they will have to do!
Farce A cup on 20:19 - Jan 8 with 1496 viewsdenhamhoop2

Just watching Villa v Liverpool most of the Villa team had to have their mums and dads drop them off at the ground as they aren't old enough to have a licence. Wonder if we can get Mahmadou Sylla on loan looks a real prospect of a midfielder
Farce A cup on 20:35 - Jan 8 with 1434 viewsWatford_Ranger

Villa U16s 1 - 1 Liverpool at half time.

The magic of the cup.
Farce A cup on 20:38 - Jan 8 with 1418 viewsNorthernr

Fair play to the Villa kids. I was hoping they'd get dicked and punish the TV company for once more putting a prem v prem game in the prime slot but they're smashing it atm.

I'm watching Smyth+Washington lose at home to Accrington on the other side
Farce A cup on 23:26 - Jan 8 with 1324 viewstimcocking

Farce A cup on 17:35 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Don't you mean how can a 35 man look like a two year old?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024