Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley Excluded from Bench? 20:03 - Apr 24 with 7157 viewsextratimeR

Am I understanding Warbs correctly?

He sort of intimated that they had words yesterday, ( I might have misunderstood his comments, so apologies if I am wrong) but I am wondering if Lumley said " why are you playing an injured player ahead of me?"

A reasonable point after what happened to Lumley when he was seriously injured at Aston Villa a year or so ago,band played on.

We know what happened afterwards.

Surely thinking about Facial/Head injuries has changed?

I thought Lumley was excellent at Middlesbrough and Swansea , but would still have Senny as first choice, but would have rested him today, to allow full recovery, ( and to hide him from Arsenal).
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:06 - Apr 26 with 2190 viewsnumptydumpty

We missed a trick with Alex Mccarthy in the past and he gone on forwards to have a better career since he left than Smithies.

Dieng has been outstanding this season but one thing would say, he not played in front of a crowd.

Lumley on his day can be an excellent goalkeeper but I feel his form actually dipped because once he made few mistakes our fans were pretty ruthless tbf and myself saw that as reasons why he lost consistency.

As said Dieng been brilliant, but not ever had games in front of the Loft.

Not saying he won't still be very good when we come back but it's not a given that the odd Rick in front of the boo boys we sadly do have, it's not a given that he will maintain his consistency.

But if as likely we lose Joe, it could well be situation like with Mccarthy who did not get a look in at Rangers but proven himself in the Premier League since.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:11 - Apr 26 with 2161 viewsQPR_Jim

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 06:58 - Apr 26 by Ned_Kennedys

He’d be very lucky to get employment as a 1st choice at another Championship club, 2nd choice perhaps. Should be picked up for League One or Scottish Prem perhaps.

He could just want a fresh start and may feel he can have a better shot of fighting for 1st choice at a different club. His recent performances are a perfect example, at another club he'd have kept the No.1 spot but here his good performances are overshadowed by his poor form last season.

Matt Ingram is a good example, Lumley is better than him (at least for us) and he's going to be a championship player, so why people feel the need to say he's league 2 level I don't know.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:31 - Apr 26 with 2113 viewsWestbourneR

He should have played on Saturday simply based on form. He's been outstanding since he got the shirt back, pretty much won us the game at Swansea.

We all expect players to behave in exemplary fashion, Joe has done that since being dropped, and he deserved that respect in return. Dropping him for Seny is mask was not what he deserved and we're all human and he clearly couldn't help but challenge MW about it. Not clever but I don't blame him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:01 - Apr 26 with 2036 viewsterryb

Two questions.

1) Have the club offered Lumley a new contract since we signed Walsh?
2) Has Lumley turned down a new contract since we signed Walsh?

I suspect that Walsh was signed with being in the first team squad next season expected. I would also think that Lumley has a very good idea of which club he will be joining & what his salary will be.

Personally, I would have played him on Saturday & given Dieng another games rest, but that wouldn't have altered the position for next season.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:10 - Apr 26 with 2010 viewsBazzeR

Joe Lumley undoubtedly needs a fresh challenge at a different club to try to put his career back on track.

It would have been more classy of MW to have given a less provocative answer to the question posed.

The club have played some poor Keepers in my 50 odd years of watching but Joe certainly isn’t amongst them.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 12:34 - Apr 26 with 1845 viewsMyke

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 08:46 - Apr 26 by CamberleyR

" I can't really believe that someone is going to offer him more than we have for being a second choice goalie"

And given the economic picture generally below the Championship, I wager there won't be many if any L1 clubs that would match or better what we pay him currently, free transfer or not.

If I were him, I would sign a new deal and bide my time for a year, frustrating as that may be, and wait until Dieng inevitably leaves in the summer of 2022.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 8:48]

Why not? If - as has been well documented - we have the fifth lowest budget in the Championship, then by my (admittedly dodgy) calculations that is about 15 clubs (excluding the 3 going up) that could afford to pay Joe more than we can. And he would be well able to do a job for any of them.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 12:50 - Apr 26 with 1799 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:31 - Apr 26 by WestbourneR

He should have played on Saturday simply based on form. He's been outstanding since he got the shirt back, pretty much won us the game at Swansea.

We all expect players to behave in exemplary fashion, Joe has done that since being dropped, and he deserved that respect in return. Dropping him for Seny is mask was not what he deserved and we're all human and he clearly couldn't help but challenge MW about it. Not clever but I don't blame him.

If he was under contract past this summer, Warbs would've played him, no question, and probably kept him in the side until the end of the season. But he rejected the deal and wants to go on a free. Other players have been lambasted for doing this. I'm not saying there should be any lambast for Joe, i'm not a big one for lambasting, but i can see why, if our no.1 keeper is ok to play, Warbs would play him.
Form doesn't come into it when you're only at the club for 3 more games, i'm afraid. but I also don't blame him for being miffed, because he's played really well when called on recently and finding the form that we saw when he first got into the side.
not sure about Joe winning us the game at swansea, either. He played well, but the whole team did.

Bare bones.

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 13:33 - Apr 26 with 1727 viewsCamberleyR

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 12:34 - Apr 26 by Myke

Why not? If - as has been well documented - we have the fifth lowest budget in the Championship, then by my (admittedly dodgy) calculations that is about 15 clubs (excluding the 3 going up) that could afford to pay Joe more than we can. And he would be well able to do a job for any of them.

Lumley signed his last deal in 2018 when with Hair Island incoming I would think the budget was higher than it has been under Warburton's two seasons. Someone in the top half like Middlesbrough may pick up him up but he wouldn't be first choice as at his current level he's a lower half Championship keeper at best.

I also take with a massive pinch of salt this '5th lowest budget' line that gets trotted out. By my reckoning there are probably seven clubs currently in the division that have lower budgets namely: Wycombe, Rotherham, Coventry, PNE, Luton, Millwall and Barnsley. You could possibly add Blackburn into that list too.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 13:51 - Apr 26 with 1685 viewsderbyhoop

Lumley is on his way out. "Words" with Warbs just sealed his fate.

If Kelly goes as well (likely) and rumours about Dieng to the PL, do we really want to go into next season with Walsh and Barnes?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 13:57 - Apr 26 with 1675 viewsrsonist

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:58 - Apr 25 by paulhoop2

Where were these comments ?? Anyone got the actual quote from warbs?

Are you sure you want to see them mate? They're really provocative. You'll want to find a quiet place to sit and have the smelling salts at the ready they're so provocative. Alright, don't say I didn't warn you.

- Joe Lumley wasn't in the squad today, supporters will want to know what the thinking was behind that?

- No, I just used the squad. We had some words yesterday about what was the right thing to do and and that was my decision.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 14:56 - Apr 26 with 1582 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 13:51 - Apr 26 by derbyhoop

Lumley is on his way out. "Words" with Warbs just sealed his fate.

If Kelly goes as well (likely) and rumours about Dieng to the PL, do we really want to go into next season with Walsh and Barnes?

Dieng isn't leaving.

There. Panic over.

Bare bones.

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 15:07 - Apr 26 with 1557 viewskensalriser

If Lumley has declined a new deal the only logical reason can be that he has an equal or better one lined up elsewhere.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 19:32 - Apr 26 with 1325 viewsdavman

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 13:33 - Apr 26 by CamberleyR

Lumley signed his last deal in 2018 when with Hair Island incoming I would think the budget was higher than it has been under Warburton's two seasons. Someone in the top half like Middlesbrough may pick up him up but he wouldn't be first choice as at his current level he's a lower half Championship keeper at best.

I also take with a massive pinch of salt this '5th lowest budget' line that gets trotted out. By my reckoning there are probably seven clubs currently in the division that have lower budgets namely: Wycombe, Rotherham, Coventry, PNE, Luton, Millwall and Barnsley. You could possibly add Blackburn into that list too.

Really harsh. Lumley had a dip, sure, but he is going to be a top 'keeper. He is just a baby in keeper terms at the mo.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 19:42 - Apr 26 with 1288 viewsCamberleyR

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 19:32 - Apr 26 by davman

Really harsh. Lumley had a dip, sure, but he is going to be a top 'keeper. He is just a baby in keeper terms at the mo.

That's why I said "at his current level".

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:43 - Apr 26 with 1174 viewsNed_Kennedys

Some misguided loyalty on here to a player who is clearly leaving by his own choice in a few weeks. No way should he have kept our first choice keeper out of the side.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:52 - Apr 26 with 1150 viewsMyke

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:43 - Apr 26 by Ned_Kennedys

Some misguided loyalty on here to a player who is clearly leaving by his own choice in a few weeks. No way should he have kept our first choice keeper out of the side.

Except our 'first choice' keeper clearly wasn't fit. If he wanted to send a clear message to Lumley that he wasn't in his plans (3 days after describing him as a fantastic professional) then he should have started with Walsh.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 00:20 - Apr 27 with 1036 viewsSK_hoops

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 14:56 - Apr 26 by Antti_Heinola

Dieng isn't leaving.

There. Panic over.

Wish I shared your optimism.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 08:16 - Apr 27 with 919 viewsgazza1

Senny is first chioce keeper....simples. Joe must have understood that.

Be interesting what MW will do after Senny error on Saturday but I think Lumley has ruined any chance that he had.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 08:38 - Apr 27 with 868 viewsstevec

Worked a dream. Dieng comes back against the champions elect and drops the clanger of all clangers in a meaningless end of season game of football. I wouldn’t be surprised if MW had rubbed onions into the mask during the warm up.

By definition, he’ll still be our keeper next season, excellent piece of management.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 08:51 - Apr 27 with 830 viewsbosh67

I'm not sure we will really ever know what was said or what happened but I suspect we won't see Joe again. He's a good guy and a good keeper who had a very bad patch but essentially he is a good keeper.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:26 - Apr 27 with 778 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd have waited until Dieng was fully recovered.

I broke the thing that connects the thumb to the hand in goal badly one season but finished the game and the rest of the season with no medical treatment. (it's now a completely different shape to the other one)

I still caught stuff but it hurt and did effect me.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:36 - Apr 27 with 744 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:52 - Apr 26 by Myke

Except our 'first choice' keeper clearly wasn't fit. If he wanted to send a clear message to Lumley that he wasn't in his plans (3 days after describing him as a fantastic professional) then he should have started with Walsh.

That would have been an even bigger risk against the league leaders. A poor debut could have really damaged him before he got started.

Maybe next Saturday though!
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 726 viewsgazza1

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:52 - Apr 26 by Myke

Of course he was fit....he would not have played him if he wasn't. He made a mistake - it happens.

Lumley knows he isn't first choice but he probably thought he did enough to get chosen against Norwich......
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 9:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024