Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos 13:36 - Aug 31 with 16197 viewsterryb

"Tbf they always sit down with me when I ask and I have got a date pencilled in with LH next week so I’ll start a thread asking for your points to raise once we get this game out the way."

Clive, as well as all the problems that you highlighted in the Coventy match preview, could you please ask him why tickets for away matches are not on sale earlier?

It is rare that this affects myself, but it is less than two weeks to the Reading game & still not a dickie bird on the club site. Hopefully, this will have quickened up by the time we reach Octoberas I'm interested in both Fulham & Peterborough!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 22:52 - Sep 1 with 3350 viewsdavman

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 21:08 - Sep 1 by Mistication92

This is a point I'd like raised too. If memberships give home and away benefits then more fans are likely to buy them!

That is the main reason I have memberships. Just imagine what the Play Off games will be like if this isn't sorted...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 22:53 - Sep 1 with 3360 viewsted_hendrix

Can I have my ashes spread over the floor in the lower loft toilets? if he says no then fair enough.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 07:51 - Sep 2 with 3142 viewsdistortR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 20:05 - Aug 31 by davman

My Q is a repeat of one from his last Q&A that really, really irked me. The strategy away from printed tickets is understood, but not offering an alternative for the technologically challenged because "online is the future" is plain wrong.

My in laws (80 and 85) and my dad (82) do not own ANY IT stuff and even if they did, they'd have no idea how to use them. However, my dad still travels the country watching Rugby, getting his train tickets and match tickets over the phone. If they need something that demands online booking, we help out where we can, but why should we have to?

I find it disgusting how he disregarded the Q he had on this topic in the club's QandA, just saying that the individual had to "get with the times". The club needs to respect all fans and help out where they can. So, what IS the alternative to these digital arrangements?

this davman, I really dislike iphones what have you, think they are addictive. I thought 'inclusivity' was the mantra.
Well, it should be
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 07:52 - Sep 2 with 3142 viewsdistortR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:12 - Aug 31 by rsonist

...Will he not just repeat the current provisions for non digital supporters to call the box office and have the season card sent through the post??

ahhhh......................
ok.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 7:57]
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:22 - Sep 2 with 3031 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 22:37 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Ticketing will be high on the agenda. Another shambles today.

IMHO, a badly worded article isn't really a shambles.

Even the Cup tie confusion, was just that, a confusion, based on a poorly worded initial communication.

Trying to look at the wider issue, I'm wondering if a lack of anyone overall responsible for the various operations is the problem.

Match coverage - Recast and QPR+. There are a lot of elements involved in getting live broadcasts on air - obviously 1 person doesn't do it all, but one person should be responsible for overseeing the whole operation and it would be down to him/her if anything went wrong. - same with ticketing and the matchday experience.

Its possible with DO have 3 'Heads of' but on current evidence it doesn't seem like it.

Could be barking up the wrong tree entirely of course, but my thoughts for what they are worth.

Clive - Ignore the first part, I see from your twitter that you are referring to the loyalty points/ Reading on sale, now sold out issues - yes that WAS a shambles! Apologies.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 9:27]
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:34 - Sep 2 with 3007 viewsNorthernr

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:22 - Sep 2 by PinnerPaul

IMHO, a badly worded article isn't really a shambles.

Even the Cup tie confusion, was just that, a confusion, based on a poorly worded initial communication.

Trying to look at the wider issue, I'm wondering if a lack of anyone overall responsible for the various operations is the problem.

Match coverage - Recast and QPR+. There are a lot of elements involved in getting live broadcasts on air - obviously 1 person doesn't do it all, but one person should be responsible for overseeing the whole operation and it would be down to him/her if anything went wrong. - same with ticketing and the matchday experience.

Its possible with DO have 3 'Heads of' but on current evidence it doesn't seem like it.

Could be barking up the wrong tree entirely of course, but my thoughts for what they are worth.

Clive - Ignore the first part, I see from your twitter that you are referring to the loyalty points/ Reading on sale, now sold out issues - yes that WAS a shambles! Apologies.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 9:27]

I'm not talking about a badly worded article at all. I'm talking about...

- having a game at Reading a week away, and like the away games before it tickets went on sale very late with no explanation.

- people emailing, phoning, and going into the box office in person and asking when Reading might go on sale, and getting bland brush offs like "in due course" and "information to follow" and "after the Bank Holiday".

- them then whacking the tickets on sale, with no notice, in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday when the majority of people at work.

- putting 2,000 tickets straight on general sale, with no weighting for loyalty points, when the game was obviously going to be oversubscribed at that allocation. Lots and lots of people who go to every away game, have 2000-odd loyalty points, refused refunds from the club during the pandemic, missed out on tickets because they were at work when they went on sale, meanwhile loads of people who are suddenly keen because the team is doing well and happened to be online at the right moment have steamed in and bought them.

- restricting sales to six away tickets per transaction, whether you've got the loyalty points or not. I got on the tube for an hour yesterday and went and did it in person at the box office but if that option wasn't open to me than for my 9 for Reading and 8 for Bournemouth that would have been one transaction of six for Reading (£3.50), one transaction of three for Reading (£3.50), one transaction of six for Bournemouth (£3.50) and one trasaction of two for Bournemouth (£3.50) - £14 worth of booking fees, and then when we get there six of us are sitting in one place and the rest in another.

- and that's even if you could do multiple tickets on the new ticketing website, which is now very difficult. At one point yesterday it was letting you add one, and you went all the way through the process up to the payment page, then had to go back to the start to add a second one to your basket, go all the way through to the end again, then back to the start to add a third. I needed 17 tickets, I'd still be there now doing it.

That's a shambles, no other word for it. And so easy to get right.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 10:17 - Sep 2 with 2920 viewsParkRoyalR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:34 - Sep 2 by Northernr

- having a game at Reading a week away, and like the away games before it tickets went on sale very late with no explanation.

- people emailing, phoning, and going into the box office in person and asking when Reading might go on sale, and getting bland brush offs like "in due course" and "information to follow" and "after the Bank Holiday".

- them then whacking the tickets on sale, with no notice, in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday when the majority of people at work.

- putting 2,000 tickets straight on general sale, with no weighting for loyalty points, when the game was obviously going to be oversubscribed at that allocation. Lots and lots of people who go to every away game, have 2000-odd loyalty points, refused refunds from the club during the pandemic, missed out on tickets because they were at work when they went on sale, meanwhile loads of people who are suddenly keen because the team is doing well and happened to be online at the right moment have steamed in and bought them.

- restricting sales to six away tickets per transaction, whether you've got the loyalty points or not. I got on the tube for an hour yesterday and went and did it in person at the box office but if that option wasn't open to me than for my 9 for Reading and 8 for Bournemouth that would have been one transaction of six for Reading (£3.50), one transaction of three for Reading (£3.50), one transaction of six for Bournemouth (£3.50) and one trasaction of two for Bournemouth (£3.50) - £14 worth of booking fees, and then when we get there six of us are sitting in one place and the rest in another.

- and that's even if you could do multiple tickets on the new ticketing website, which is now very difficult. At one point yesterday it was letting you add one, and you went all the way through the process up to the payment page, then had to go back to the start to add a second one to your basket, go all the way through to the end again, then back to the start to add a third. I needed 17 tickets, I'd still be there now doing it.

Also I was able to buy 2 for Bournemouth on my Client Reference Number when it said only 1 ticket only per Client Reference Number on the webpage! Not good form I know, but I have a genuine decent reason why I had to. Lad who gave me the heads up thought you could buy 10 on a single Client reference Number!

And just who updates that page on our website - do they work a 1 day week - has anyone in our illustrious IT department ever heard the term 'real-time' as in instant or even daily updates?

And who thought we'd only sell 1500 for Reading given recent re-appearance of extra 2,000 odd for last game....other than Warburton, does anyone have any flair for business at the club? If Les ever does go to the FA, we have a perfect DoF in the waiting.

Things are going well on the pitch so fans are less focused / concerned on that side and start looking elsewhere and the website, communications, ticketing, seating, catering etc become more prominent and a bit c'mon lads, up your game as Warburton has done on the football-side.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:46 - Sep 2 with 2784 viewswombat

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 10:17 - Sep 2 by ParkRoyalR

Also I was able to buy 2 for Bournemouth on my Client Reference Number when it said only 1 ticket only per Client Reference Number on the webpage! Not good form I know, but I have a genuine decent reason why I had to. Lad who gave me the heads up thought you could buy 10 on a single Client reference Number!

And just who updates that page on our website - do they work a 1 day week - has anyone in our illustrious IT department ever heard the term 'real-time' as in instant or even daily updates?

And who thought we'd only sell 1500 for Reading given recent re-appearance of extra 2,000 odd for last game....other than Warburton, does anyone have any flair for business at the club? If Les ever does go to the FA, we have a perfect DoF in the waiting.

Things are going well on the pitch so fans are less focused / concerned on that side and start looking elsewhere and the website, communications, ticketing, seating, catering etc become more prominent and a bit c'mon lads, up your game as Warburton has done on the football-side.

defo no more tkts being issued for reading , utter madenss and i look forward to reading saying they are even more skint than they presently are

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:23 - Sep 2 with 2727 viewsTGRRRSSS

Why did we not ask for our full allocation for Reading from the get go.

So much going wrong on the operational side of the business, it's like they;'ve let the work experience kid play with it.

Reading away at 3pm in early September and QPR unbeaten Do these people understanding anything regarding the "fans" - or customers?

Expect to see most of Reading half full.

I thought they had 4K for away fans possibly 5.

Thats before I get onto my "lack of membership" issue?

I will be contacting the club in due course to ask exactly what I paid for - the tickets is one thing but this is another...

My think is making everything online/phone's has or is beginning to lead to a right mess for the club.... huhmmm only at QPR
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 17:33 - Sep 2 with 2570 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:34 - Sep 2 by Northernr

Yes agree, which I put in my edited post 7 minutes before you wrote all that!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 19:36 - Sep 2 with 2491 viewsCiderwithRsie

Incidentally, I'd just like to leave this here

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/pearl-jam-ticket
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:53 - Sep 2 with 2298 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,

There has been good progression since Lee Hoos joined us (much better than when Phillip Beard was CEO).

Few points
1. Do we have succession planning in place as quite a few of our key people off the field are getting close to 60 (Warburton (58), Ramsey (59) Hoos (? - Lee did mention his age in a recent video where he said he would not be here in 10 years)

2. Do we undertake any customer satisfaction surveys? as it would be interesting to see the results

3. Did we lose a lot of good people in the past 18 months as we seem to be having a lot more off the field (operational) issues since fans have returned this season?

4. Is safe standing coming back to Loftus Road?

5. Update on the training ground including how it is going to be funded?

6. Any update on a new stadium?

7. Over the past two seasons there has been a significant improvement in our recruiting on the field - can Lee explain why? (prior to that it was a shambles)

8. Any update from the owners? Is it fair to say they are happy to continue to invest in our club?

9. What can the club do to retain or attract interest in fans from overseas?

10. How many people watch the games on QPR+?
How many people watched the games last season when it was easier to do in the UK?

11. When do the club plan on upgrading the website as it is poor and difficult to navigate.

Thanks,

James
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 07:21 - Sep 3 with 2193 viewsNorthernr

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:53 - Sep 2 by superhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,

There has been good progression since Lee Hoos joined us (much better than when Phillip Beard was CEO).

Few points
1. Do we have succession planning in place as quite a few of our key people off the field are getting close to 60 (Warburton (58), Ramsey (59) Hoos (? - Lee did mention his age in a recent video where he said he would not be here in 10 years)

2. Do we undertake any customer satisfaction surveys? as it would be interesting to see the results

3. Did we lose a lot of good people in the past 18 months as we seem to be having a lot more off the field (operational) issues since fans have returned this season?

4. Is safe standing coming back to Loftus Road?

5. Update on the training ground including how it is going to be funded?

6. Any update on a new stadium?

7. Over the past two seasons there has been a significant improvement in our recruiting on the field - can Lee explain why? (prior to that it was a shambles)

8. Any update from the owners? Is it fair to say they are happy to continue to invest in our club?

9. What can the club do to retain or attract interest in fans from overseas?

10. How many people watch the games on QPR+?
How many people watched the games last season when it was easier to do in the UK?

11. When do the club plan on upgrading the website as it is poor and difficult to navigate.

Thanks,

James

Some good ones there mate thanks for taking the time.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:38 - Sep 3 with 2058 viewstoboboly

Also I just jumped on the shop website as the away Compaq looks the nuts and thought about getting it as a treat BUT it is £40 which is scandalous. Can they not do discounts for ST's/Members?

Also there is absolutely no info on the product - ie what is it made of (some are cotton and some are nylon and one I bought once is some sort of nip ripper material). Any other clothes website has far more info on the product itself, this should be easily rectified.

So I haven't bought one but I am sure I would if there was more info and the price wasn't as crippling.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:48 - Sep 3 with 2044 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:38 - Sep 3 by toboboly

Also I just jumped on the shop website as the away Compaq looks the nuts and thought about getting it as a treat BUT it is £40 which is scandalous. Can they not do discounts for ST's/Members?

Also there is absolutely no info on the product - ie what is it made of (some are cotton and some are nylon and one I bought once is some sort of nip ripper material). Any other clothes website has far more info on the product itself, this should be easily rectified.

So I haven't bought one but I am sure I would if there was more info and the price wasn't as crippling.

You should send an email to the shop for this.

I sent them one earlier in the season to see if they’d be making Seny’s purple and gold shirt for resale. The one he wore against Millwall. I got a helpful response back a few days later although unfortunately the answer was negative as it’s his third shirt and they “never make the goalkeepers third choice shirt”.

Don’t think they’ll be able to help out with the price though probably have to wait for a sale 🤨

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:29 - Sep 3 with 1925 viewsPinnerPaul

I see the club have apologised for the Reading tickets debacle and have also said that no away games will now go on general sale, until after Loyalty Points based sales.

That knocks a couple of questions on the head!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 12:44]
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:33 - Sep 3 with 1918 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Dear Mr Hoos,

I know these things are often confidential, but how much did we pay Coventry to take Todd Kane?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 22:45 - Sep 3 with 1756 viewsdaveB

I think a lot of the little things needed like basically tidying and cleaning the stadium, paint jobs etc will come down to cost so wonder if they have ever thought of asking fans to volunteer for these kinds of jobs. Volunteers were fantastic during the Olympics and you could get a small group willing to try and help out with these kind of things when needed. Simple rewards such as signed shirts, meet and greets with players, tour of training ground that kind of stuff could be used as an incentive. No idea if there is much interest from fans to do such a thing but might be worth asking
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 01:00 - Sep 4 with 1692 viewsbob566

Is 40 scandalous? I had to fork out 90ew on United's new jersey for my son. That's the adults small. God have mercy on him
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 1549 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:25 - Aug 31 by ozranger

What Clive intimated Lee will say seems pretty obvious. However, I think we need to add that we are in a stadium that has its life measured in years and not decades. It is unsustainable if we want to progress into the upper echelons of football. That he has stated time and again.

There is a need to weigh up the cost of maintenance and improvements. Do we keep stuffing money down the repair this and that hole on a continuous basis? And if so, how much and what percentage of our budget? We are not a rich club as revenue is small and thus expenditure has also to remain small. Many of the small maintenance suggestions sound all well and good and one may consider redesigning the loos, bars or even the seat backs as small in cost, but within the size of our budget, I rather fear that this is an underestimate on our part.

I am not speaking for Hoos, but just summarising what I believe his answers will be to such questions relating to the ground and I think Clive will agree.

If we can think of questions, and there have been some here, that can assist the club in gaining revenue - like the website redesign, home supporter stewards in the home stands, etc of which we can ourselves help - then I feel these are the questions that he would be happy to move forward on and investigate. In a previous session with questions, someone stated to him that they may be able to put in their time to work on the web site/ app or something similar for a small or no cost. While we are not a community club, financial realities for us mean that any way to help cut costs, and for Hoos that is the bottom line, is what he will be more than happy to deal with and answer to.

Perhaps prior to forwarding a question we need to consider how will this benefit the club both in the present and the future and not just openly complaining. The digital ticketing will stay and the poor webcasting will also stay. Both bring money into the club either through reducing expenses or by income generation. Eventually both will be normal business and, oh yes, work.

He wouldn't/couldn't of course, but would love to see how QR codes v barcodes saves money!

Same with Recast - say QPR could charge £5 for an Under 23s on QPR+, how much income per person does switching it to Recast bring in and are the numbers taking it up similar.

Think its bit simplistic to say - yep both will work fine and make us (more) money than the previous methods.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:27 - Sep 4 with 1486 viewsParkRoyalR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:29 - Sep 3 by PinnerPaul

I see the club have apologised for the Reading tickets debacle and have also said that no away games will now go on general sale, until after Loyalty Points based sales.

That knocks a couple of questions on the head!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 12:44]

I thought the wording of the 'apology' was a bit worrying as they tried to try to justify their error of judgement and did not seem to understand where they got it so wrong.

No-one likes criticizing 'their' own club but the common concerns here are a consistent lads you are fecking things up which should be easy - particularly evident now when Warburton, Ramsey etc are making the hard bit look easy'ier!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:06 - Sep 4 with 1402 viewsMedwayR

I was going to get the compaq away retro shirt too. However, when I looked at it in the shop I didn't like the material, it was 100% polyester and didn't feel particularly soft or forgiving so could be another 'nip ripper' as you called it

Poll: Who’s better?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:31 - Sep 4 with 1369 viewsgarrycoady

Hi Clive,

I'm curious to know how far ahead Lee and the club plan, no doubt meetings are held during each season with the following season the agenda (August 2022).
Scenario 1: Championship
Scenario 2: Premier League
Scenario 3: League 1

Scenario 2 for example, how well equipped are we if in August 2022 we are kicking off in the Premier League....how much would need to be invested into the stadium, staff recruitment etc...early release of 2022 kits?

@weareqpr

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:17 - Sep 4 with 1262 viewsconnell10

Can you mention my gloves...cheers mate

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:29 - Sep 4 with 1235 viewsNorthernr

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:17 - Sep 4 by connell10

Can you mention my gloves...cheers mate

They got an airing on the podcast
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024