Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos 13:36 - Aug 31 with 16194 viewsterryb

"Tbf they always sit down with me when I ask and I have got a date pencilled in with LH next week so I’ll start a thread asking for your points to raise once we get this game out the way."

Clive, as well as all the problems that you highlighted in the Coventy match preview, could you please ask him why tickets for away matches are not on sale earlier?

It is rare that this affects myself, but it is less than two weeks to the Reading game & still not a dickie bird on the club site. Hopefully, this will have quickened up by the time we reach Octoberas I'm interested in both Fulham & Peterborough!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 08:11 - Sep 1 with 2094 viewsstevec

Another vote for LH getting 3 six footers to sit in a line and test out a new range of seat backs.

As good a job as they’re doing on the pitch, we’re staying at LR for the foreseeable and questions need to be asked about the house that Jim built.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 08:18 - Sep 1 with 2080 viewstoboboly

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:38 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Yeh. As I've said in many years of fans forum coverage, it is an embarrassing waste of time getting the CEO of a professional football club in front of you for an hour, and asking him about the water pressure. There are some issues specific to the moment - state of the stadium, ticket sales, customer services etc - that I will be asking about. But I'm not going to waste the time with stuff that's could be answered by QPR Operations on Twitter.

Would it be possible to maybe do a bit more of a granula level meeting with the Operations team/manager? That way higher level stuff gets asked of Hoo's but things that are seen as low level but are actually incredibly important to the visiting fan can also be raised/remedied?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 08:38 - Sep 1 with 2062 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football needs serious restructuring and reform.

Would love to ask them in person what they think.

How do I get on the forum?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 8:53]
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:04 - Sep 1 with 2009 viewsstevec

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 08:38 - Sep 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Football needs serious restructuring and reform.

Would love to ask them in person what they think.

How do I get on the forum?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 8:53]

Let him work on restructuring and reforming the seat backs for now. After that we can tackle world domination.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 09:16 - Sep 1 with 1996 viewslondonscottish

Has Lee got any stats as to how the club is doing on social media?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 10:11 - Sep 1 with 1950 viewsGloryHunter

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 19:34 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

Well, I have sympathy with him, at that. But if so much of it comes back to "we don't have money for that" how does being sh*te at selling tickets help?

If there are teething problems, what is being done to fix them, and how fast? Are Ticketmaster responsive (or naive question, but what the hell, proactive?) to these problems - if not, is using them really bringing in money or is it costing the club through lost sales?

I think pretty much everyone recognises that Hoos is doing an outstanding job and we're seeing the rewards on the pitch, but these are specific feedback points that will help the club if fixed, not fans wanting the moon on a stick.

" Are Ticketmaster responsive . . . to these problems - if not, is using them really bringing in money or is it costing the club through lost sales?"

Same question should be asked about the bars and catering. They should be a good revenue stream for the club, that is currently just being squandered.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 1915 viewszicoshoops

Question for Hoos.

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:10 - Sep 1 with 1810 viewslosethedrum

How many season tickets have been sold for the current season ?

What are the chances of a slightly discounted season ticket for supporters with a long round trip to home games , say 180 miles or over ?
Login to get fewer ads

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:52 - Sep 1 with 1758 viewsFrankRightguard

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:10 - Sep 1 by losethedrum

How many season tickets have been sold for the current season ?

What are the chances of a slightly discounted season ticket for supporters with a long round trip to home games , say 180 miles or over ?

Good luck persuading the supporters who have to pay more than someone else because they live closer, to go for that…
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:23 - Sep 1 with 1719 viewscharmr

The ticket booking fee is a massive PR disaster regardless. The obsession of businesses taking every tech idea thrown at them is frankly absurd. Stop pandering.

I think it may have changed but the penny pinching saving and gaining rhetoric then not thinking like that when it’s anything to do with the first team, especially the financial waste on giving bang average players contracts.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:47 - Sep 1 with 1688 viewsrsonist

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:37 - Aug 31 by davman

I am fairly sure that he did not say anything of the sort in that club QandA piece before the start of the season; he effectively told those who couldn't cope with the online world needed to get with the programme because the whole world will be digital soon.

As I say, that might be true, but the club needs to do what it can to support all bits of the fanbase rather than only those who can operate tech.

Well I'm sorry but you've illustrated my earlier point perfectly. If you want the dialogue to have any shot at being productive, then be aware of/acknowledge the alternative options the club already offers, then demonstrate why they are insufficient (if so) and what else could be done instead. It is a fact that non digital fans are in a minority; your argument that they are being undervalued appears to rest solely on your interpretation of the tone of a throwaway remark. It's an easy question for him to answer.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:58 - Sep 1 with 1668 viewssoops

The question I’d always ask a CEO when you really want to know what is going on:
What’s the thing that is currently most likely to cause you a sleepless night?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 14:02]
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:07 - Sep 1 with 1650 viewsfrancisbowles

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:47 - Sep 1 by rsonist

Well I'm sorry but you've illustrated my earlier point perfectly. If you want the dialogue to have any shot at being productive, then be aware of/acknowledge the alternative options the club already offers, then demonstrate why they are insufficient (if so) and what else could be done instead. It is a fact that non digital fans are in a minority; your argument that they are being undervalued appears to rest solely on your interpretation of the tone of a throwaway remark. It's an easy question for him to answer.

To be fair they did keep the alternative very quiet especially in the early notifications.

Then it was contact the club if you can't do digital, not if you don't want to.🤔
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:08 - Sep 1 with 1634 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 00:19 - Sep 1 by CiderwithRsie

Cheese?

Just beat me to it!

Just echoing what others have said really.

Too many people of all ages and abilities are finding the digital and online systems unappealing. Perhaps it’s not the people needing to get with the times. Instead it’s the times needing to get with the people.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:22 - Sep 1 with 1629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd like to say "well done" to him and his staff.

I'd also like to ask if there was anything else that the supporters haven't asked about that he'd like to implement in the next five years.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:35 - Sep 1 with 1563 viewsed_83

Probably on your list already Clive, but:

We've spent a lot more money on players and wages this summer than I think most of us expected - not just Austin but Johansen too, plus Gray, plus a decent fee for Dozzell. Where are we in terms of keeping the club's finances sustainable? Are we spending now on the assumption that we can get promoted in the near future, and / or sell Dickie, Dieng, Willock, Chair etc for Eze-like money? What happens if we can't do either?

The idea of a new stadium is obviously a long-term project, but Lee said in March that we were waiting for H&F council to respond to our proposals for Linford Christie Stadium. Has there been any progress on that? Have H&F given us any information about when a substantive response might be forthcoming?

In terms of fan representation on the board, and the suggestion that he'll bat it away with reference to disputes over Stan's memorial, can you try to pin him down on exactly what his concerns are, and what the fanbase would need to do to allay them? 18,000 people aren't always going to agree on everything, and having fans properly represented in the direction of the club would be a huge forward step. What are the issue with this happening, and how does he see fans and club working together to fix them?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 15:36]
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:38 - Sep 1 with 1550 viewsericgen34

A little bit on QPR+ would be good for those of us abroad. I watch all of them and get quite pissed off when they arent available because they are shown on some obscure pay channels I cant get in France anyway. I realise this is all some contractual thing or other with the league or others but maybe there are some ways around that or at least start moaning to the powers that be?

I also love our commentaries but Andy Sinton's always cut off at half time. I wouldnt mind purchasing some higher QPR+ level for example for some more analysis at half time, before and after the game for example
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:46 - Sep 1 with 1548 viewsLythamR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 12:52 - Sep 1 by FrankRightguard

Good luck persuading the supporters who have to pay more than someone else because they live closer, to go for that…

They wouldnt have to pay more they would just pay the standard rate

I think its a fantastic idea and think it should be on a sliding scale pro rata to distance. it would have to be well over 180 miles round trip thought or too many would get it, sliding scale with maximum discount for round trips over 486 miles sounds about right to me :)
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:33 - Sep 1 with 1510 viewsNorthantsHoop

On large screens within the ground. Could something be done to place screens in the 4 corners of the ground not just rely on the antiquated screen on top of the school end. There must be a way with modern high tech screens to fit them in without obscuring seat views.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 19:29 - Sep 1 with 1390 viewsdenhamhoop2

If you get a chance can you ask Mr Hoos what is the point of Loyalty Points when our first 4 away games have gone straight to First Come First Served basis(General sale) so pity any poor soul who was actually working today and not available to buy Tickets for Reading away
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 20:27 - Sep 1 with 1361 viewsTGRRRSSS

The ticketing and memberships etc is an absolute mess, and should be his current top priority - Warburton and Les can fouc on the team, he needs to make it easy and simple to get the money into the business, and easy for fans to access all they've paid for.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 21:03 - Sep 1 with 1329 viewsStanisgod

Would be interested to know why the tickets are going from season ticket holders straight to general and missing members. Whats the point of membership.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 21:08 - Sep 1 with 1315 viewsMistication92

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 21:03 - Sep 1 by Stanisgod

Would be interested to know why the tickets are going from season ticket holders straight to general and missing members. Whats the point of membership.

This is a point I'd like raised too. If memberships give home and away benefits then more fans are likely to buy them!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 22:11 - Sep 1 with 1252 viewswombat

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 21:08 - Sep 1 by Mistication92

This is a point I'd like raised too. If memberships give home and away benefits then more fans are likely to buy them!

Is the club releasing tickets later home and away as they are concerned about further possible COVID lock down and don’t wan the hassle of refunding Tkts etc to fans , this is chaos at the moment home and away

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 22:37 - Sep 1 with 1216 viewsNorthernr

Ticketing will be high on the agenda. Another shambles today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024