Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos 13:36 - Aug 31 with 16195 viewsterryb

"Tbf they always sit down with me when I ask and I have got a date pencilled in with LH next week so I’ll start a thread asking for your points to raise once we get this game out the way."

Clive, as well as all the problems that you highlighted in the Coventy match preview, could you please ask him why tickets for away matches are not on sale earlier?

It is rare that this affects myself, but it is less than two weeks to the Reading game & still not a dickie bird on the club site. Hopefully, this will have quickened up by the time we reach Octoberas I'm interested in both Fulham & Peterborough!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:35 - Aug 31 with 2300 viewskensalriser

Are we going up this year?

If not, why not?

And what are you going to do about it?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:49 - Aug 31 with 2250 viewsdanehoop

Thank you for doing an amazing job since you arrived just over 5 years ago. The club seems to be in a much better position now as a result of your work and there seems to be much better coherency between playing and finance/operational sides.

What do you see as your three largest challenges for you and the club over the next 5 years?

Never knowingly understood

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:07 - Aug 31 with 2195 viewsQPRMendoza

I'd be really interested to hear his thoughts on how QPR were treated under the FFP (a settlement which involved a 42 million pound fine - at least initially) and what other teams are currently getting away with. It seems beyond belief that we got skinned and yet no one else is.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:25 - Aug 31 with 2150 viewsozranger

What Clive intimated Lee will say seems pretty obvious. However, I think we need to add that we are in a stadium that has its life measured in years and not decades. It is unsustainable if we want to progress into the upper echelons of football. That he has stated time and again.

There is a need to weigh up the cost of maintenance and improvements. Do we keep stuffing money down the repair this and that hole on a continuous basis? And if so, how much and what percentage of our budget? We are not a rich club as revenue is small and thus expenditure has also to remain small. Many of the small maintenance suggestions sound all well and good and one may consider redesigning the loos, bars or even the seat backs as small in cost, but within the size of our budget, I rather fear that this is an underestimate on our part.

I am not speaking for Hoos, but just summarising what I believe his answers will be to such questions relating to the ground and I think Clive will agree.

If we can think of questions, and there have been some here, that can assist the club in gaining revenue - like the website redesign, home supporter stewards in the home stands, etc of which we can ourselves help - then I feel these are the questions that he would be happy to move forward on and investigate. In a previous session with questions, someone stated to him that they may be able to put in their time to work on the web site/ app or something similar for a small or no cost. While we are not a community club, financial realities for us mean that any way to help cut costs, and for Hoos that is the bottom line, is what he will be more than happy to deal with and answer to.

Perhaps prior to forwarding a question we need to consider how will this benefit the club both in the present and the future and not just openly complaining. The digital ticketing will stay and the poor webcasting will also stay. Both bring money into the club either through reducing expenses or by income generation. Eventually both will be normal business and, oh yes, work.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:34 - Aug 31 with 2128 viewsrsonist

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:51 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Almost certainly this.

To be clear, I'm not saying there's no point asking, just you (you in general not Norf) can't be shooting pearollers.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 16:35]
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:38 - Aug 31 with 2114 viewsNorthernr

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:34 - Aug 31 by rsonist

To be clear, I'm not saying there's no point asking, just you (you in general not Norf) can't be shooting pearollers.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 16:35]

Yeh. As I've said in many years of fans forum coverage, it is an embarrassing waste of time getting the CEO of a professional football club in front of you for an hour, and asking him about the water pressure. There are some issues specific to the moment - state of the stadium, ticket sales, customer services etc - that I will be asking about. But I'm not going to waste the time with stuff that's could be answered by QPR Operations on Twitter.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:51 - Aug 31 with 2075 viewsdmm

I don't think these two have been mentioned yet and I apologise as they've been done to death but, updates on the training ground with an expected completion date and LC stadium would be appreciated.

I too would love to see our club get ahead of the game and get supporter representation on the board. To do so would be a feather in our cap and reflect club values.

And, I'm another that wants Recast ditched, even if today's latest was the club's fault.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 17:22 - Aug 31 with 2003 viewsrsonist

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 16:38 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Yeh. As I've said in many years of fans forum coverage, it is an embarrassing waste of time getting the CEO of a professional football club in front of you for an hour, and asking him about the water pressure. There are some issues specific to the moment - state of the stadium, ticket sales, customer services etc - that I will be asking about. But I'm not going to waste the time with stuff that's could be answered by QPR Operations on Twitter.

Yeah unfortunately I guess the onus is kind of on you to set, uh, [checks analytics Twitter] pressing traps, so like for instance let him say "cater to the modern fan" but then ahhh if that is so why do we primarily emphasise the hereditary new fan but not have more ticketing initiatives for the local demographic our charity work serves ahhh. Or something.

Big up Mozza and Wandy reading this right now.
Login to get fewer ads

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 17:23 - Aug 31 with 2002 viewsTGRRRSSS

Lots on tickets and getting people into the ground, and why with only 10 days to go are Reading tickets still now up for sale?

Not many working days and todays already gone as after COB.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 18:02 - Aug 31 with 1932 viewsA40Bosh

In the event that QPR did achieve promotion to the Premier League this season, does Lee think that the board have truly learnt their lessons from the past and, importantly, does he think he will be fully supported by the board not abandoning the prudent financial approach enforced, albeit enforced by FFP, in a vain attempt to stay in the top tier at all costs.

Does the board accept that yoyoing between Premier League and Championship may be a more realistic proposition for the next few years rather than marching up the Premier League table year on year and therefore does the club base financial budget projections on being in the Championship more regularly than the Premier League?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 18:28 - Aug 31 with 1866 viewsDorse

Has he seen my keys? I've looked everywhere.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 19:13 - Aug 31 with 1774 viewsLunarJetman

That’s disappointing. I was hoping you could waste a good portion of your time with him talking about water pressure in the bogs and names on seats…
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 19:26 - Aug 31 with 1749 viewsGloryHunter

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 18:28 - Aug 31 by Dorse

Has he seen my keys? I've looked everywhere.

Have you tried praying to St Anthony?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 19:34 - Aug 31 with 1744 viewsCiderwithRsie

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:32 - Aug 31 by rsonist

Got to put yourselves in Hoos shoes when making these question suggestions, you should know who you're dealing with by now.

- Generic complaint: We don't have the money for that / ROI doesn't justify itself
- Recast: generate revenue from subsidiary content, see answer 1 if you're complaining, teething problems sorry
- LED boards: generate revenue, see answer 1 if you're complaining, teething problems sorry, we turned them down later
- Elected fans: you can't agree on the Stan thing for instance so dot dot dot nice idea happy to listen but how is it actually going to work, I'm busy here
- Ticketing: teething problems sorry, we improved later, move with the times daddio
- Hosting our own ticketing service, see answer 1

Well, I have sympathy with him, at that. But if so much of it comes back to "we don't have money for that" how does being sh*te at selling tickets help?

If there are teething problems, what is being done to fix them, and how fast? Are Ticketmaster responsive (or naive question, but what the hell, proactive?) to these problems - if not, is using them really bringing in money or is it costing the club through lost sales?

I think pretty much everyone recognises that Hoos is doing an outstanding job and we're seeing the rewards on the pitch, but these are specific feedback points that will help the club if fixed, not fans wanting the moon on a stick.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 20:05 - Aug 31 with 1678 viewsdavman

My Q is a repeat of one from his last Q&A that really, really irked me. The strategy away from printed tickets is understood, but not offering an alternative for the technologically challenged because "online is the future" is plain wrong.

My in laws (80 and 85) and my dad (82) do not own ANY IT stuff and even if they did, they'd have no idea how to use them. However, my dad still travels the country watching Rugby, getting his train tickets and match tickets over the phone. If they need something that demands online booking, we help out where we can, but why should we have to?

I find it disgusting how he disregarded the Q he had on this topic in the club's QandA, just saying that the individual had to "get with the times". The club needs to respect all fans and help out where they can. So, what IS the alternative to these digital arrangements?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 20:48 - Aug 31 with 1626 viewsAddinall

What is the average uptake for games on QPR+?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 21:46 - Aug 31 with 1550 viewsdanehoop

What is his favourite colour?

Never knowingly understood

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 22:33 - Aug 31 with 1473 viewsHastings_Hoops

A lot of complaints, so how about …well done on a brilliant job at the club - the product of which we’re seeing now!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 1417 viewsrsonist

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 20:05 - Aug 31 by davman

My Q is a repeat of one from his last Q&A that really, really irked me. The strategy away from printed tickets is understood, but not offering an alternative for the technologically challenged because "online is the future" is plain wrong.

My in laws (80 and 85) and my dad (82) do not own ANY IT stuff and even if they did, they'd have no idea how to use them. However, my dad still travels the country watching Rugby, getting his train tickets and match tickets over the phone. If they need something that demands online booking, we help out where we can, but why should we have to?

I find it disgusting how he disregarded the Q he had on this topic in the club's QandA, just saying that the individual had to "get with the times". The club needs to respect all fans and help out where they can. So, what IS the alternative to these digital arrangements?

...Will he not just repeat the current provisions for non digital supporters to call the box office and have the season card sent through the post??
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:16 - Aug 31 with 1412 viewsPeterHucker

Another vote for the "Why are tickets for away matches going on sale so close to the matchday?" question please.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:23 - Aug 31 with 1404 viewsDavieQPR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:16 - Aug 31 by PeterHucker

Another vote for the "Why are tickets for away matches going on sale so close to the matchday?" question please.

Is the ticketing problems down to us or Ticketmaster? Did the pandemic push us to digital ticketing before we were ready?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:37 - Aug 31 with 1383 viewsdavman

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 23:12 - Aug 31 by rsonist

...Will he not just repeat the current provisions for non digital supporters to call the box office and have the season card sent through the post??

I am fairly sure that he did not say anything of the sort in that club QandA piece before the start of the season; he effectively told those who couldn't cope with the online world needed to get with the programme because the whole world will be digital soon.

As I say, that might be true, but the club needs to do what it can to support all bits of the fanbase rather than only those who can operate tech.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 00:14 - Sep 1 with 1360 viewsstainrods_elbow

Given that you're privileged with the role of CEO of our club, and that we're clearly at LR for the foreseeable, what exactly are your commitments to improving the stadium/facilities as far as possible. as I have the strong impression your main commitment is to talking these down every time I've heard you speak?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 00:19 - Sep 1 with 1361 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cheese?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 06:46 - Sep 1 with 1274 viewsHAYESBOY

Is Dickie on a goal bonus?

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024