Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fury vs Wilder 3 07:59 - Oct 8 with 6192 viewstraininvain

Predictions?

I think it’ll be tighter than the second fight and Wilder always has a punchers chance but I fancy Fury to edge it.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 02:43 - Oct 10 with 2334 viewsBoston

Well gents, I'm five hours behind you and unless I have to get up for a piss, I will not be watching.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 05:40 - Oct 10 with 2235 viewstraininvain

That was some fight! Nothing but respect for both of them.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 06:28 - Oct 10 with 2184 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Agreed, terrific fight.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 06:32 - Oct 10 with 2182 viewsSnipper

I listened to the fight on Talksport. Sounded like a great fight, but the commentary isn’t a patch on 5live. The action was going on, and they were talking about the previous round, so when you heard cheers or gasps from the crowd, you didn’t know who had hit who.

Also, at the end of the 8th or 9th round, the commentator asked the summariser if Fury had to knock Wilder out to win, and the summariser said that Fury was five rounds up on his scorecard.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 07:26 - Oct 10 with 2135 viewsDWQPR

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 06:32 - Oct 10 by Snipper

I listened to the fight on Talksport. Sounded like a great fight, but the commentary isn’t a patch on 5live. The action was going on, and they were talking about the previous round, so when you heard cheers or gasps from the crowd, you didn’t know who had hit who.

Also, at the end of the 8th or 9th round, the commentator asked the summariser if Fury had to knock Wilder out to win, and the summariser said that Fury was five rounds up on his scorecard.

TalkSPORT commentary in general is awful. I don’t even bother listening when they’ve won the overseas cricket rights. You are left 10 minutes at a time wondering what the score is. Football is just a backdrop to constant betting odds and apart from H&J, Simon Jordan and Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on a Sunday morning the rest is just total drivel.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 08:11 - Oct 10 with 2095 viewsKingstan

The commentary on Talksport was truly dreadful. Gareth A Davies makes my skin crawl! It ruined the fight for me.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 08:20 - Oct 10 with 2074 viewsBlackCrowe

full fight here - get it quick because it'll be taken down at some point. Amazing stuff.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 10:25 - Oct 10 with 1889 viewsbosh67

Jut watched the fight as I was working overnight. Extraordinary battle. Hats off to both of them. Wilder was in much better condition this time and I have no idea how he lasted as long as he did or come up with the flurry at the end of one of the later rounds.

But Fury for me is the best boxer on the planet by some distance now. Getting up twice in the 4th and then effectively bossing the rest of the fight with an opponent who is still landing hard until late into the fight is amazing. Fury just wore him down with technical skill and pure power. The longer it went on the more Fury was enjoying it.

Wilder is brave and showed a lot more skill this time but Wilder is on another planet. I can't see AJ getting anywhere near him now. Oleksandr Usyk is probably the best technical fighter Fury could now face and I think he would find Usyk a really good technical opponent but he's 6 inches shorter than Fury and I am not sure he has the endurance to cope with Fury's size and ability. I'm not sure there is a fighter out there who could cause Fury much trouble.

I haven't been a huge fan of some of Fury's comments, beliefs and antics over the years but he has matured hugely over the last 4-5 and technically I think he really is up there with the greats. It would have been amazing to see Fury go up against the heavy weight boxing kings of the 70s because they would have given him much better technical fights. Would he have beaten some or all of them? We'll never know but I suspect that since that period he really is the best there has been. I think only the likes of Lennox Lewis in his prime would have stood a chance.

Well done Fury and Wilder though. Wilder will have learnt so much from that fight that's positive despite the defeat. In terms of Fury who knows if there is a better opponent out there to take him on? I suspect not. If Usyk beats AJ in the rematch that perhaps is the best option and I think Usyk will beat AJ again because of his technical ability, much as I like AJ. There's no way for me that I can see AJ beating Fury. AJ v Wilder I guess could still happen. Style wise that could be an interesting contest.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 20:24]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 10:54 - Oct 10 with 1825 viewstraininvain

I don’t think anyone will dethrone Fury. He’s surely too big for Usyk and will use that to his advantage over 12 rounds. Wilder couldn’t live with the size difference as Fury was leaning on him throughout the fight, headlocks, rabbit punching etc.

And that’s before you consider Fury’s technical ability which is superior to all the other heavyweights with the possible exception of Usyk. But I just can’t see Usyk ko’ing Fury or living with his size over 12 rounds.

The mandatory challenger for Fury’s WBC title will be Whyte if he can beat Otto Wallin. That could be an interesting fight as Whyte’s closer in size to Fury (but still the smaller man in terms of height and weight) and would present a different set of challenges. But I very much doubt he has the skillset to beat Fury.

AJ is probably the final potential challenger in the mix and whilst he’s the closest to Fury in terms of both height and weight, I don’t think he has the stomach (stones?) to go toe to toe with Fury like Wilder has just done. And I think we can all agree that AJ wouldn’t beat Fury over 12 rounds.

It’s a shame that AJ seems to have lost his bottle to have a scrap as I would’ve paid good money to see the AJ who fought Klitschko have a go at beating Fury. He probably would’ve lost but I fancy he’d have a better chance than the more defensively minded AJ who fought Ruiz in the second fight and Usyk recently.

But maybe AJ will look at Wilder in 20/30 years and feel validated for becoming a more defensive boxer. I doubt Wilder will be the same after last night’s fight.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 11:07 - Oct 10 with 1809 viewspaulparker

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 10:54 - Oct 10 by traininvain

I don’t think anyone will dethrone Fury. He’s surely too big for Usyk and will use that to his advantage over 12 rounds. Wilder couldn’t live with the size difference as Fury was leaning on him throughout the fight, headlocks, rabbit punching etc.

And that’s before you consider Fury’s technical ability which is superior to all the other heavyweights with the possible exception of Usyk. But I just can’t see Usyk ko’ing Fury or living with his size over 12 rounds.

The mandatory challenger for Fury’s WBC title will be Whyte if he can beat Otto Wallin. That could be an interesting fight as Whyte’s closer in size to Fury (but still the smaller man in terms of height and weight) and would present a different set of challenges. But I very much doubt he has the skillset to beat Fury.

AJ is probably the final potential challenger in the mix and whilst he’s the closest to Fury in terms of both height and weight, I don’t think he has the stomach (stones?) to go toe to toe with Fury like Wilder has just done. And I think we can all agree that AJ wouldn’t beat Fury over 12 rounds.

It’s a shame that AJ seems to have lost his bottle to have a scrap as I would’ve paid good money to see the AJ who fought Klitschko have a go at beating Fury. He probably would’ve lost but I fancy he’d have a better chance than the more defensively minded AJ who fought Ruiz in the second fight and Usyk recently.

But maybe AJ will look at Wilder in 20/30 years and feel validated for becoming a more defensive boxer. I doubt Wilder will be the same after last night’s fight.

If AJ loses his rematch against Ursyk he will have no where to go , I agree he doesn’t have the stomach for a fight he is to robotic and to interested in a life outside boxing plus Fury would maul him to death before knocking him out
The fight that is the most interesting is Whyte vs Fury , this will be a slug fest and a lot closer than an AJ vs Fury fight imo
I also wouldn’t rule out Wilder at some point coming back , fair play to him he took the fight to Fury but came up short I can see him maybe fighting Ursyk and I would fancy Wilder

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 12:00 - Oct 10 with 1741 viewsthemodfather

firstly, what a great fight it is what fans want, 2 top fighters actually having it
secondly, i did not rate Wilder that highly but he was excellent last night,
my fury in 5 looked good in rd 3 when wilder was down and almost out, thinking rd 4 fury will end it, then wallop, down twice and fury on his knees! but fury got stronger from that, how many times did he stun wilder, out on his feet? 4, 5? but wilder kept at it but was well behind on the cards but he still kept going but fury was dominant at times, surely a GREAT now a GOAT contender ? fury ended so strongly and is the standout heavy now, AJ will need to somehow find his energy and a game plan to get anywhere near Uysk but i can't see either beating fury, but there's the wonder of it, one punch and it is over. great fight.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 1698 viewsDavieQPR

Sometimes you have to stop and think how tall 6'9'' really is. Put that with Tyson's overall mass and it's not someone you want to meet in a dark alley or even a light one come to that.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 1608 viewsdanehoop

I think its interesting that Whyte is one that most of the other heavyweight "names" have largely tried to avoid. Clear that Joshua doesn't fancy another go with him, but wonder if will ever get his chance against Fury? If wins against Wallin he has to be in the mix you'd have thought. But of course its boxing and normal rules/logic in matchmaking rarely apply....
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 14:08]

Never knowingly understood

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 14:10 - Oct 10 with 1602 viewstimcocking

One of the best fights ever. What a legend, thank God he’s British.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 14:16 - Oct 10 with 1588 viewstraininvain

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 14:08 - Oct 10 by danehoop

I think its interesting that Whyte is one that most of the other heavyweight "names" have largely tried to avoid. Clear that Joshua doesn't fancy another go with him, but wonder if will ever get his chance against Fury? If wins against Wallin he has to be in the mix you'd have thought. But of course its boxing and normal rules/logic in matchmaking rarely apply....
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 14:08]

Whyte’s the mandatory challenger for Fury’s WBC title IF he wins against Wallin later this month.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 14:21 - Oct 10 with 1579 viewsMick_S

Round two. My wife walks past as says she’ll be back for round eleven as that’s when Fury wins it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 15:41 - Oct 10 with 1492 viewsdaveB

was an incredible fight. Fury was well below his best but still outstanding. I thought he was done for in the 4th round, Wilder has so much power but his game plan seemed to go out of the window after that and really the ref should have stopped it in the 10th round, he was out on his feet

Would love to see AJ v Fury but agree with others that Whyte v Fury will be a better fight
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 18:23 - Oct 10 with 1362 viewsthemodfather

whyte has been number 1 wbc 5 yrs approx and no title shot? even with a drugs test mix up, which was all cleared he has waited too long .

even with aj, wilder and whyte in the mix, ruiz, povetkin joyce are in line
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 18:26 - Oct 10 with 1356 viewsBoston

Just watched the fight...WOW (wipe out Wilder).

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 20:13 - Oct 10 with 1263 viewsitsbiga

Pretty impressive chin on Wilder.
He was taking big shots for the whole fight. I bet his brain hurts today.
Tysons jab was like a battering ram.
I’d like to see Whyte v Fury. AJ is too much of a pretty boy, Fury would bash him.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 20:42 - Oct 10 with 1220 viewsToast_R

Entertaining but overall Fury made a meal of what should have been a cruise. 2 years is a long long time out of the ring and I think it showed.

Wilder looked too heavy for his frame, had a game plan but it all went out the window pretty soon and he was blowing through his arse. He literally cannot box. He's technique is shocking. That one punch has got him to were he is and I reckon 15-20 years ago he'd struggle to make the undercard let alone a main event. He's incredibly lucky really to have made the money he has.
Fury vs Wilder 3 on 10:15 - Oct 11 with 1035 viewsSonofpugwash

Fury's "bucket list" includes Whyte in December at Cardiff,then possibly two bouts with AJ in Saudi Arabia in 2022 and lastly a final pay day against Chisora.
Great fight at the weekend although a bit ponderous at times - thought there would be a load of holding.4th round and I could almost smell the winnings coming my way after Fury got floored.Never been more glad to lose a bet though.
Can't see where Fury could actually lay a glove on Usyk though,but since that contest won't ever happen we'll never know.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 10:17]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Fury vs Wilder 3 on 10:30 - Oct 11 with 1011 viewsPhildo

AJ got very upset a few years ago when Lennox Lewis publicly said he needed to change his trainer but it was so correct.

Fury has gone out and got the best to coach him and you see him learn as he goes along in a fight- after that knockdown Steward told him to ' hit that motherf£cker with your jab' and that was exactly what he did. Contrast to AJs awful footwork, weight decisions and tactics in the last fight and you see a massive difference. Great boxers lose fights- its how they learn and adapt that matters and for me AJ should have been listening to Lewis who is someone who knows what he is talking about.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024