Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:36 - Nov 19 with 5734 viewsBlackCrowe

Great fun, good open match, end to end and Luton looked good up until our second goal.
Dozzell looked classy in the first half and faded a bit in the second whilst Chaz and Stef did the opposite. Willock, Chair and Dunne superb throughout and so good to Wallace back and looking as good as he did pre-injury.

Most satisfactory.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 22:39 - Nov 19 with 4432 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the report, BC.

Glad you had a ball. Always lovely to beat Luton.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 22:41 - Nov 19 with 4378 viewstraininvain

Definitely see a player in Dozzell. Works hard, gets stuck in and capable of playing a pass.

By no means the finished article but plenty to like and I can only see him getting better under Warburton.
Just back on 22:44 - Nov 19 with 4337 viewsbosh67

I think give Dozzell a few seasons and we may see a Faurlin style midfielder. Everything he does is elegant. He is getting tougher as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 22:59 - Nov 19 with 4155 viewsdannyblue

Just back on 22:44 - Nov 19 by bosh67

I think give Dozzell a few seasons and we may see a Faurlin style midfielder. Everything he does is elegant. He is getting tougher as well.

Yes I thought dozzell was looking more physical too.

Willock also got more and more physical in his first six months as he was introduced to the team. I think our staff know what they’re doing.

Only one bit up to recent heights today was Albert who’s delivery was off.

So strong in midfield now. Great to see Sam Field get minutes. Poor Dom Ball well down the pecking order now but always there when we need him.
Just back on 22:59 - Nov 19 with 4155 viewsqueensparker

Just back myself - shame it was on a Friday night IMO as a lot of familiar faces round me missing, would have been an electric atmosphere on a Saturday.

First half I really enjoyed could have been 5-5, second half thought we then defended and shithoused a lot better. Their lanky centre forward looked a proper player but Dickie and Dunne got to grips with him eventually. Johansen is looking like he’s slowing down all the time, thought we could have brought on Amos and Field a bit earlier as him and Dozzell faded. Props to Dunne for the assist for Charlie’s goal, laid it on a plate.

It’s all good fun at the moment but you have to say if we did get into the play offs and somehow won them this team would let in thousands of goals against top class teams.

Still one step at a time eh
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 23:25]
Just back on 23:01 - Nov 19 with 4116 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It does seem as if we’re taking off where Kevin Keegan left off at Newcastle when it comes to defending.

But it’s entertaining…

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just back on 23:11 - Nov 19 with 3991 viewsPaddyhoops

Enjoyed that. Thought they threatened at the start of each half and then did impressions of our old favourite Jordan Hugill by repeatedly attempting to fire the ball over the school end.
We look a far better side with Wallace in. Thought he had a fine game.
One last point. Any idea what Paddy Kenny said at half time. Being a lower lofter, none of us did!!
Just back on 23:15 - Nov 19 with 3947 viewsozranger

Agree with all that. Add that Wallace looked stuffed early on but then got his second wind after HT. Remember one break then where he sprinted down to support and almost got his cross in, the attempt blocked for a corner. His touch is still a bit on and off but that should come back with a few more games.

Overall, it was enjoyable after some of the games in the not so distant past.

not sure what will happen for Huddersfield with Dickie out. Back four?
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 23:17 - Nov 19 with 3931 viewsTacticalR

My thoughts on Dozell a couple of weeks ago:
Johansen or Dozzell by nix 4 Nov 2021 13:14
It's brilliant that we're going to have more choice in midfield now. When we bring someone on, it'll be a proper choice rather than makeshift. I think Stef looks better further forward, and he could play the Chair role when he's not available, with Dozzell and Field/Amos in defensive mid.

I agree that Stef has been asked to do impossible jobs sometimes, the Fulham match in particular.

We should be a bit less predictable as well, because Field has a bit more pace, so could cover for our defenders if they decided to press forward, as Dickie was earlier in the season.

The great thing is that we hopefully won't have to flog our players to death once everyone is back and match fit.

Now he's growing in confidence, is more involved in the game, and can make a good pass because he is less afraid of making a bad pass.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 23:53 - Nov 19 with 3682 viewsDWQPR

Adding to what already has been said I thought that Deing was back to his best. Commanded his box well, came and took crosses all evening and on the few occasions he needed to be there is stood strong.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back on 00:08 - Nov 20 with 3586 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 23:11 - Nov 19 by Paddyhoops

Enjoyed that. Thought they threatened at the start of each half and then did impressions of our old favourite Jordan Hugill by repeatedly attempting to fire the ball over the school end.
We look a far better side with Wallace in. Thought he had a fine game.
One last point. Any idea what Paddy Kenny said at half time. Being a lower lofter, none of us did!!

It was a good interview actually. He started off by apologising for his tweet 10 years ago and thanked us for having him back.

When asked about what made the promotion side special he said that they worked hard and fought for each other........."and then there was Adel"!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 00:09 - Nov 20 with 3566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back on 00:08 - Nov 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

It was a good interview actually. He started off by apologising for his tweet 10 years ago and thanked us for having him back.

When asked about what made the promotion side special he said that they worked hard and fought for each other........."and then there was Adel"!

Good.

Glad for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 00:21 - Nov 20 with 3470 viewsterryb

Just back on 23:15 - Nov 19 by ozranger

Agree with all that. Add that Wallace looked stuffed early on but then got his second wind after HT. Remember one break then where he sprinted down to support and almost got his cross in, the attempt blocked for a corner. His touch is still a bit on and off but that should come back with a few more games.

Kakay or de Wijs will be the third centre back I would have thought.
Just back on 04:16 - Nov 20 with 3166 viewskarlski

In the end a comfortable win that I never felt fully comfortable about until the final whistle. We were clinical, and scrapped hard. It did feel like if we’d just aimed to be that little bit more incisive or take a few risks we could have put a few more through them. Instead we kept possession ok at times but Luton looked more dangerous (without seriously threatening). An odd one. Overall very happy though, and surely none of us can argue about 5th.
Barbet great defensively and Dozzell is getting better and better. Some good combos with him Chair Willock and Jojo. As someone else said, he has the potential to develop into a Faurlin type. A lot of hard work and luck needed along the way, but he has the raw ingredients.
Just back on 08:02 - Nov 20 with 2854 viewstraininvain

Just back on 23:15 - Nov 19 by ozranger

According to Sky Sports it was Dickie’s 4th yellow card of the season. Isn’t it usually 5 yellows for a suspension?
Just back on 08:21 - Nov 20 with 2750 viewsnix

Just back on 04:16 - Nov 20 by karlski

In the end a comfortable win that I never felt fully comfortable about until the final whistle. We were clinical, and scrapped hard. It did feel like if we’d just aimed to be that little bit more incisive or take a few risks we could have put a few more through them. Instead we kept possession ok at times but Luton looked more dangerous (without seriously threatening). An odd one. Overall very happy though, and surely none of us can argue about 5th.
Barbet great defensively and Dozzell is getting better and better. Some good combos with him Chair Willock and Jojo. As someone else said, he has the potential to develop into a Faurlin type. A lot of hard work and luck needed along the way, but he has the raw ingredients.

I can understand why we didn't though. As you say, Luton were a handful. They'd got a lot of pace throughout the team, and would have been dangerous on the break. It seemed clear that Albert was tasked with staying back a lot of the time because there was no way he was going to outrun their number eleven in a race. It worked quite well as I think they swapped him to the other side for some of the second half. But it was hard to develop an overlap on that right hand side. I think Jojo was largely given the work of closing people down and mopping up lost possession, so he couldn't do his usual runs through midfield to support Chair and Willock.

It was an important game for us to win to stay in contention of the play offs so we couldn't really relax and play with any freedom. But it showed that with some time on the training pitch, Warburton can introduce strategies for difficult games. Luton are the kind of team we lose to, with pace and high press, so it was an effective, if not pretty performance, with some lovely moments of quality from Willock and Chair in particular.

Barbet, Dunne and Dickie played well, Seny was excellent, and great to see Wallace back. He did a couple of fantastic tackles which kept us in the game as well as some overlaps in attack. Good to see Dozzell growing in confidence, and he put a couple of balls in that only just failed to beat their defence.
Just back on 08:35 - Nov 20 with 2702 viewsdmm

Just back on 08:21 - Nov 20 by nix

I can understand why we didn't though. As you say, Luton were a handful. They'd got a lot of pace throughout the team, and would have been dangerous on the break. It seemed clear that Albert was tasked with staying back a lot of the time because there was no way he was going to outrun their number eleven in a race. It worked quite well as I think they swapped him to the other side for some of the second half. But it was hard to develop an overlap on that right hand side. I think Jojo was largely given the work of closing people down and mopping up lost possession, so he couldn't do his usual runs through midfield to support Chair and Willock.

It was an important game for us to win to stay in contention of the play offs so we couldn't really relax and play with any freedom. But it showed that with some time on the training pitch, Warburton can introduce strategies for difficult games. Luton are the kind of team we lose to, with pace and high press, so it was an effective, if not pretty performance, with some lovely moments of quality from Willock and Chair in particular.

Barbet, Dunne and Dickie played well, Seny was excellent, and great to see Wallace back. He did a couple of fantastic tackles which kept us in the game as well as some overlaps in attack. Good to see Dozzell growing in confidence, and he put a couple of balls in that only just failed to beat their defence.

Agree with all that, Nix, and particularly about training time allowing the coaches to introduce effective tactics. It looked to me like, when in possession, we wanted to slow the pace and retain the ball which we did well in patches. This took some of the sting out of Luton's game.
Just back on 08:58 - Nov 20 with 2617 viewsCamberleyR

Just back on 08:02 - Nov 20 by traininvain

According to Sky Sports it was Dickie’s 4th yellow card of the season. Isn’t it usually 5 yellows for a suspension?

Correct. That was Dickie's fifth yellow card but one of those was against Everton in the League Cup. I believe the rules are that it is now only yellow cards accrued in the same competition that count for suspensions.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Just back on 09:17 - Nov 20 with 2517 viewsdmm

Just back on 08:58 - Nov 20 by CamberleyR

Correct. That was Dickie's fifth yellow card but one of those was against Everton in the League Cup. I believe the rules are that it is now only yellow cards accrued in the same competition that count for suspensions.

If the 2019/20 rule change is still in force, then you're right. Yellows count only in the competition in which they were issued. Reds, however, count across all competitions.
Just back on 09:48 - Nov 20 with 2385 viewsdavman

Ah, good if right. Ta!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just back on 10:04 - Nov 20 with 2310 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks CamberleyR. I didn't know that. Just needs to avoid one against Huddersfield now.
Just back on 11:13 - Nov 20 with 2094 viewsMyke

Just back on 00:21 - Nov 20 by terryb

Kakay or de Wijs will be the third centre back I would have thought.

I think Jorgi out for 'several weeks' according to MW
Just back on 15:04 - Nov 20 with 1774 viewsPinnerPaul

Quick shout out for the referee and the 2 ARs, didn't get much, if anything, wrong I didn't think.
Just back on 15:07 - Nov 20 with 1760 viewsDWQPR

Just back on 15:04 - Nov 20 by PinnerPaul

Quick shout out for the referee and the 2 ARs, didn't get much, if anything, wrong I didn't think.

Didn’t notice them so can’t comment!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back on 15:18 - Nov 20 with 1731 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 15:07 - Nov 20 by DWQPR

Didn’t notice them so can’t comment!

Did think that maybe we got a bit fortunate with the fk that led to the 2nd goal.

Both players at it, but very difficult for the AR with the players that close to be looking for any offside/ball in/out of play and any foul play.

From a long way away Charlie's yellow looked a bit soft, but he didn't moan, so must have been OK!

Did like the way the ref took his time over the cautions, allowing the heat out of the situations - text book refereeing.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 16:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024