Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. 09:08 - Jan 4 with 38354 viewscyprusmel

That is the question, should we try to win and risk a backlog of fixtures and a possible derailment of our promotion campaign or play a weakened side and exit to concentrate on the remaining league fixtures.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 09:23 - Jan 4 with 5901 viewsgazza1

No question....win.

I am sure both sides will be playing 'fringe players' but we should still be playing a decent team because there are 7 days until our next fixture. May be a chance to play some players that are getting their fitness back after injury or lack of action as well.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 09:23 - Jan 4 with 5919 viewseasthertsr

Could be interesting on Saturday! I'm not sure Rotherham will be interested in a cup run given their league position. Both teams trying to lose could make for an unusual match!
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 09:25 - Jan 4 with 5901 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham will be mulling over the same questions.

Football cliche #124 - you try to win every game, plus not sure in the current times many clubs outside the top 4 in the PL have much choice about who they play atm.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 09:57 - Jan 4 with 5789 viewsRangersw12

Win,

We don't want 3 home defeats on the trot especially with West Brom our next league game
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:03 - Jan 4 with 5751 viewsdaveB

Win please, we're not good enough to pick and choose which games we want to win
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:10 - Jan 4 with 5720 viewsTheChef

WIN!

CUP RUN!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:15 - Jan 4 with 5698 viewsloftus77

Win, Cup Run and yes, absolutely at full strength as we can be.

Fantasy I know, but football's success actually lies in it simplicity as a beautiful game. What do we (have we ever) gained by complicating things?
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:18 - Jan 4 with 5682 viewsbollockchops

the problem i have with both cups is that only teams with the biggest squads can endure the stresses and strains and distractions of a cup run .
If we look at this weeks Rumbelows cup semi finalists its the four from the top six again.
Once a decade teams like Wigan or Portsmouth come up trumps but apart from that its business as usual for the top six.
As a kid i loved the cup but im trying to remember the last time Rangers really cared and im thinking when we lost to Man U at Old Trafford back in the day.
Login to get fewer ads

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:38 - Jan 4 with 5597 viewsEalingHoop81

Aside from the obvious benefit of a team that keeps winning building confidence etc, getting some fringe players a full game and hopefully a bit of match fitness wouldn’t the other potential benefit be kicking a champ game out of January (I.e. round 4) and into Feb/March when we’ll have the three AFCON players back?

Obviously there are drawbacks on fixture pile up and tired bodies too….
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:43 - Jan 4 with 5578 viewsdmm

We've got first team squad players who actually need games at the moment: Archer, Field, Ball, Wallace, Thomas, Gray and Odubajo if he's recovered.

Warburton said in his post match interview that some players needed to get back into the rhythm of playing games. I expect him to put out a pretty strong stating 11.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:49 - Jan 4 with 5559 viewsTheChef

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:43 - Jan 4 by dmm

We've got first team squad players who actually need games at the moment: Archer, Field, Ball, Wallace, Thomas, Gray and Odubajo if he's recovered.

Warburton said in his post match interview that some players needed to get back into the rhythm of playing games. I expect him to put out a pretty strong stating 11.

Dom Ball is keen for a game, apparently. Being the big over-excitable puppy that he is.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:58 - Jan 4 with 5519 viewsfrancisbowles

It will be interesting to see if any of the returning loanees NH, FB, CK or SA are involved. If we do manage to sign anyone this week then an opportunity for them as well
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:19 - Jan 4 with 5442 viewsHantsR

Win defo! Apart from other good reasons stated previoulsy, I'm taking 2 grandsons and their Dad!
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:22 - Jan 4 with 5417 viewsRed_Ranger

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:19 - Jan 4 by HantsR

Win defo! Apart from other good reasons stated previoulsy, I'm taking 2 grandsons and their Dad!

play-offs have got to be a priority.

we had our chance in the cup this year but unfortunately blew, it in my mind.

imagine Wembley - the play off route. Believe!

edit - sorry , meant to reply to OP.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 11:24]
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:26 - Jan 4 with 5393 viewsMick_S

Win. Pick a strong bench. Management is easy.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:29 - Jan 4 with 5359 viewsLazyFan

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:43 - Jan 4 by dmm

This.

Also, we may not need to win it to get into Europe, if we give it to Man City and then just hang out in the Final, that may be enough. Such are the ambitions of low teams these days.

Meanwhile back on planet Earth ...

zzzzzzzzzz

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:35 - Jan 4 with 5336 viewshantssi

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 10:49 - Jan 4 by TheChef

Dom Ball is keen for a game, apparently. Being the big over-excitable puppy that he is.

Didn’t we pick up Ball when he was released by Roth?
If so he’ll have a point to prove plus he can’t help himself anyway!
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:38 - Jan 4 with 5320 viewsdmm

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:35 - Jan 4 by hantssi

Didn’t we pick up Ball when he was released by Roth?
If so he’ll have a point to prove plus he can’t help himself anyway!

Nice point, hantssi. I'd definitely start him.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:41 - Jan 4 with 5309 viewsCamberleyR

Win. I do NOT want us adding to our record 50 FA Cup 3rd round defeats.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:51 - Jan 4 with 5266 viewsswisscottage

Win.

Cup run, and added benefit of shifting Millwall match until after DIeng and Chair are back from AFCON.

1 week to prepare either side of the mat, means play the best team you can whilst giving rest to players that need it.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:53 - Jan 4 with 5243 viewsgazza1

I keep hearing all this stuff about fitness and not playing so don't expect too much from returning players, etc, etc......well this is a chance to get them playing, the likes of Field & Dykes who are just coming back and apparently not doing too well because they are getting their match fitness to the right level. We will see.

Play a decent team with 2/3 fringe players imho and win the match - opportunities should not be wasted.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:58 - Jan 4 with 5240 viewsaston_hoop

I'd want to go strong and I reckon Warburton will to. Had 6 days to prepare and another 7 days after to prepare for Baggies. Rotherham this season are a better side than some of the dross we've played the last couple of games and this could be a really good game with both teams going for it.

Bring on a cup run

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 12:00 - Jan 4 with 5217 viewsgazza1

To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 11:58 - Jan 4 by aston_hoop

I'd want to go strong and I reckon Warburton will to. Had 6 days to prepare and another 7 days after to prepare for Baggies. Rotherham this season are a better side than some of the dross we've played the last couple of games and this could be a really good game with both teams going for it.

Bring on a cup run

Good chat......
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 12:01 - Jan 4 with 5224 viewsJuzzie

Although I'm not sure we are actually in a promotion campaign as such (yes, let's forge ahead from our consistent good position, of course, and get as high as we can and go from there) but a cup win would be great.

it's at home for starters and as good as Rotherham are, we should be able to get into round 4.
To win or not to win, Rotherham cup game. on 12:14 - Jan 4 with 5188 viewsLongsufferingR

I think an awful lot will depend on whether we score more goals than Rotherham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024