Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford Fans… 21:15 - Feb 3 with 8409 viewsBostonR

Asked for 6000 tickets and sold less than 2000. Everton now re-offering tickets to home fans they moved to accommodate the might Bees.
Brentford Fans… on 00:15 - Feb 4 with 5156 viewsTacticalR

Colony collapse disorder?

Air hostess clique

Brentford Fans… on 01:48 - Feb 4 with 5053 viewsSydneyRs

Why on earth would they ask for $6k?
Brentford Fans… on 02:00 - Feb 4 with 5041 viewsLoftgirl

Brentford Fans… on 01:48 - Feb 4 by SydneyRs

Why on earth would they ask for $6k?

Deluded?
Brentford Fans… on 07:59 - Feb 4 with 4745 viewsEsox_Lucius

Are Chelsea at home that day?

The grass is always greener.

Brentford Fans… on 08:04 - Feb 4 with 4722 viewsstevec

Was chatting with a Watford mate yesterday, it’s amazing how quickly the disillusionment sets in.
Brentford Fans… on 09:56 - Feb 4 with 4505 viewsNewBee

Brentford Fans… on 08:04 - Feb 4 by stevec

Was chatting with a Watford mate yesterday, it’s amazing how quickly the disillusionment sets in.

Agree its very disappointing, esp considering we took nearly as many to Port Vale in the last round!

I think it's partly down to timing - we played at Anfield 3 weeks ago, we're at Man City next week and then go to Everton again in the League later in the season. Plus being post-Xmas, there's not a lot of money around just now.

And I think the club greatly overestimated demand for this game, possibly influenced by good travelling numbers at other aways.

Anyhow, if there is "disillusionment", it might be with the FA Cup, but it's certainly not with the team or performances generally, since the home crowd (at least) is as enthusiastic as ever, win lose or draw. Besides which, our away form has actually been better than our home form recently.

I can certainly see why Watford fans must be hugely fed-up, mind!
Brentford Fans… on 10:14 - Feb 4 with 4432 viewsHayesender

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think 2000 to Everton is bad at all.

I remember the days we used to take a couple of hundred away

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Brentford Fans… on 10:47 - Feb 4 with 4295 viewsToast_R

Brentford Fans… on 09:56 - Feb 4 by NewBee

Agree its very disappointing, esp considering we took nearly as many to Port Vale in the last round!

I think it's partly down to timing - we played at Anfield 3 weeks ago, we're at Man City next week and then go to Everton again in the League later in the season. Plus being post-Xmas, there's not a lot of money around just now.

And I think the club greatly overestimated demand for this game, possibly influenced by good travelling numbers at other aways.

Anyhow, if there is "disillusionment", it might be with the FA Cup, but it's certainly not with the team or performances generally, since the home crowd (at least) is as enthusiastic as ever, win lose or draw. Besides which, our away form has actually been better than our home form recently.

2000 is a fine effort in my book. It's not cheap to get up to Liverpool and back and as you say, not even the novelty factor as you've still go to go there in the league and the FA Cup isn't where its at for Brentfart this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford Fans… on 10:49 - Feb 4 with 4286 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brentford Fans… on 00:15 - Feb 4 by TacticalR

Colony collapse disorder?

In three words you have two great Joy Division tracks there.
Brentford Fans… on 11:21 - Feb 4 with 4174 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brentford Fans… on 10:14 - Feb 4 by Hayesender

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think 2000 to Everton is bad at all.

I remember the days we used to take a couple of hundred away

My thoughts exactly.

Still a significant percentage of their real fanbase, and in these challenging times, fair-dos to them.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brentford Fans… on 11:21 - Feb 4 with 4172 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Awkward to get to from Heathrow
Brentford Fans… on 11:41 - Feb 4 with 4096 viewsJuzzie

Maybe it's just me but I think this obsession with away fans needs to stop.

It's absolutely frikkin' expensive these days...ticket prices / travelling costs / food & drink etc then combine this with potentially a bunch of long journeys all one after the other and the fact we're going through mental times in the world.
Brentford Fans… on 11:45 - Feb 4 with 4071 viewsLowerloftLad

I have two mates who supported united,and arsenal until 2015 when they suddenly became the world's biggest Brentford fans,neither have a clue who Martin Rowlands is, neither even knew that the home end they used to stand in was the old away end ect.

And both don't seem to want to chat football since Southampton away,"strange that".
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 11:47]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Brentford Fans… on 11:58 - Feb 4 with 3993 viewsNewBee

Brentford Fans… on 11:45 - Feb 4 by LowerloftLad

I have two mates who supported united,and arsenal until 2015 when they suddenly became the world's biggest Brentford fans,neither have a clue who Martin Rowlands is, neither even knew that the home end they used to stand in was the old away end ect.

And both don't seem to want to chat football since Southampton away,"strange that".
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 11:47]

I don't believe that.

You?

Two mates?
Brentford Fans… on 12:13 - Feb 4 with 3931 viewsMrSheen

Brentford Fans… on 11:41 - Feb 4 by Juzzie

Maybe it's just me but I think this obsession with away fans needs to stop.

It's absolutely frikkin' expensive these days...ticket prices / travelling costs / food & drink etc then combine this with potentially a bunch of long journeys all one after the other and the fact we're going through mental times in the world.

Quite. It’s not like they’re missing the chance of a lifetime, they’ll be back there in a couple of months. Strange call by the club though.
Brentford Fans… on 12:21 - Feb 4 with 3872 viewsJuzzie

I also think it should apply to home support too. Not everyone lives a couple of miles from the ground and a lot of people from all clubs often travel just as far for a home game as they would for an away game.

"Bantz"? No, it's just childish people IMO .

Maybe I'm just getting old......
Brentford Fans… on 12:36 - Feb 4 with 3804 viewsRangersw12

2k is decent numbers and it was madness asking for 6k tickets especially when they are in the same league

Some decent numbers traveling from W12, Middlesex and Sw6 this weekend - Rangers 4k, Bees 2k and Fulham 2.5k

👏👏👏👏
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 12:39]
Brentford Fans… on 12:42 - Feb 4 with 3767 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford Fans… on 12:36 - Feb 4 by Rangersw12

2k is decent numbers and it was madness asking for 6k tickets especially when they are in the same league

Some decent numbers traveling from W12, Middlesex and Sw6 this weekend - Rangers 4k, Bees 2k and Fulham 2.5k

👏👏👏👏

Can the wine bars of Manchester cope with 2.5k Fulham fans?
Brentford Fans… on 12:43 - Feb 4 with 3762 viewsdaveB

mad to ask for that amount but taking 2k away to Everton is a good effort really.
Brentford Fans… on 12:44 - Feb 4 with 3760 viewsslmrstid

Brentford Fans… on 12:21 - Feb 4 by Juzzie

I also think it should apply to home support too. Not everyone lives a couple of miles from the ground and a lot of people from all clubs often travel just as far for a home game as they would for an away game.

"Bantz"? No, it's just childish people IMO .

Maybe I'm just getting old......

I'm with you Juzzie. I keep getting Facebook showing me "Football Away Days" posts (not a page I like, or follow, but it seems to show me them anyway based on other groups I'm in) where people post a picture of fans in an away end and its full of comments of people talking about "poor support", "my club would take more", "rubbish fans" and other nonsense and its so boring and completely out of touch with the real world. Most of them I'd be willing to bet don't go to any games. Its almost like they've never heard of the current cost of living issue.

Anyone going to away games deserve credit, whether its 20 or 2000 of you. And as I frequently say to my running club captains when they talk about turnout at races, "celebrate those who are there, rather than lament those that aren't".
Brentford Fans… on 13:00 - Feb 4 with 3674 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford Fans… on 12:36 - Feb 4 by Rangersw12

👏👏👏👏

I’m not sure we asked for 6k but if we did I expect it will have financial consequences for us as these tickets are normally issued in blocks of 2000 and you have to pay for these up front but I stand to be corrected.The tickets are cheap at £15 but train tickets have gone up a considerable amount over the last year and still rising I’m going but we were only up at Liverpool a few weeks ago and we have City away on Wednesday I’ll be there as well but it does put a dent in your wallet.
Everton is a club we have never played in my long time supporting so it’s another ground to tick off so expect some older fans like me have chosen to go to the league game which is our last away game and maybe our last in PL
. Our away support has been good this season and so it should be and we have sold out our max 3000 allocations for most games remembering only a few years back we had a hard core 8000 fans.The constant change of fixture dates doesn’t help sometimes only a few weeks before hand is a pain I think most fans of clubs who go to away games are feeling the pinch.
Brentford Fans… on 13:09 - Feb 4 with 3614 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford Fans… on 12:44 - Feb 4 by slmrstid

I'm with you Juzzie. I keep getting Facebook showing me "Football Away Days" posts (not a page I like, or follow, but it seems to show me them anyway based on other groups I'm in) where people post a picture of fans in an away end and its full of comments of people talking about "poor support", "my club would take more", "rubbish fans" and other nonsense and its so boring and completely out of touch with the real world. Most of them I'd be willing to bet don't go to any games. Its almost like they've never heard of the current cost of living issue.

Anyone going to away games deserve credit, whether its 20 or 2000 of you. And as I frequently say to my running club captains when they talk about turnout at races, "celebrate those who are there, rather than lament those that aren't".

There are lots of different reasons why some clubs have more support at different games than others do.Would we have taken the same amount of fans to Blackpool if it had been played midweek?Or if Middlesbrough away had been in January instead of august?
But our away support has been impressive in numbers this season,although not always in behaviour.

Don’t forget to make sure you empty your bladder by 3.30 tomorrow because you’ll never get anywhere near the toilets at ht.
Brentford Fans… on 13:27 - Feb 4 with 3507 viewscolinallcars

Brentford Fans… on 12:42 - Feb 4 by stowmarketrange

Can the wine bars of Manchester cope with 2.5k Fulham fans?

The local delis are stocking up with more supplies of beetroot bread, kohlrabi, pomegranate seeds and fennel pesto.
Brentford Fans… on 13:51 - Feb 4 with 3411 viewsgolborne

Brentford Fans… on 09:56 - Feb 4 by NewBee

Fans get it so wrong - you'd have a cracking day out there win, lose, or draw. Whereas in the league it could be a whole different ball game. You're likely, but not definitely out of it, so throw in defeats at the other games you mention and a defeat at Everton in the league, and that could be the worse day out of the season
Brentford Fans… on 14:44 - Feb 4 with 3249 viewsthame_hoops

Brentford Fans… on 12:44 - Feb 4 by slmrstid

I used to follow that page, used to be decent, they posted a picture of the Rangers fans at Birmingham back in January, and it looked cool. However, now like most sites they just rely on click bait and it dilutes their product, which is a shame. It also can get very nasty on there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024