Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The case for Eustace 10:50 - Apr 28 with 14213 viewsHeadington

Well-regarded, promising young manager. Turned down two championship jobs to stay at QPR.

Knows squad and can continue to develop young players following excellent job by Warburton.

Aware of club's position and realistic about prospects.

Wouldn't cost a lot.
The case for Eustace on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 7965 viewsdaveB

if we're going with Eustace who has been involved in the collapse might as well stick with Warbs imo.

I don't think Assistants or coaches already at the club moving upto managers job often works. We saw that with Ramsey and has happened at many other clubs.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 10:56]
The case for Eustace on 10:57 - Apr 28 with 7930 viewsHeadington

The case for Eustace on 10:55 - Apr 28 by daveB

if we're going with Eustace who has been involved in the collapse might as well stick with Warbs imo.

I don't think Assistants or coaches already at the club moving upto managers job often works. We saw that with Ramsey and has happened at many other clubs.

Well I would stick with Warburton. But prefer Eustace to a 'rip it up and start again' candidate.
The case for Eustace on 11:23 - Apr 28 with 7821 viewsfrancisbowles

The case for Eustace on 10:55 - Apr 28 by daveB

He was also here with the McClaren collapse but managed to keep us up in his brief stint and, was reportedly, instrumental in helping MW overhaul the squad and turn the club around.

Yes I agree with you about MW but if he is leaving, we mustn't let a candidate like Eustace slip through our fingers, after four years at the club and turning down other offers. He still has his assistant from Kidderminster days here as well to help him.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:26]
The case for Eustace on 11:33 - Apr 28 with 7754 viewsozexile

I'd like to see some consistency so hope he's considered.
The case for Eustace on 14:40 - Apr 28 with 7459 viewsstainrods_elbow

If Warburton is the problem, how is Eustace not part of the problem? Even assuming he wanted to be, he shouldn't be considered if Mark is not renewed.

As for Banfield, what is he for again?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The case for Eustace on 14:50 - Apr 28 with 7453 viewsDixie_CT

High chance it will be Eustace and a case will be made.

Might not be a bad thing as long as he isn’t chosen purely to save costs and/or he is easier to influence and tell what to do than MW is.

Ramsey, Les and some of the owners will continue to want to input so whoever takes over will have to be ok with that and able to operate.

Some spineless and cowardly people involved at QPR!
The case for Eustace on 15:35 - Apr 28 with 7336 viewsfrancisbowles

The case for Eustace on 14:40 - Apr 28 by stainrods_elbow

If Warburton is the problem, how is Eustace not part of the problem? Even assuming he wanted to be, he shouldn't be considered if Mark is not renewed.

Why shouldn't he? He didn't come with Warburton.

Four years here, decent, albeit limited, coaching and management record and in demand by others. He deserves his chance and, if we are making a change, we would be foolish to let him go elsewhere when the opportunity is there.
The case for Eustace on 15:41 - Apr 28 with 7316 viewsHeadington

The case for Eustace on 15:35 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

Four years here, decent, albeit limited, coaching and management record and in demand by others. He deserves his chance and, if we are making a change, we would be foolish to let him go elsewhere when the opportunity is there.

Completely agree. Losing both Warburton and Eustace at this time would be a double whammy by the club. Won't do much for the exciting players they have developed either.
Login to get fewer ads

The case for Eustace on 15:42 - Apr 28 with 7306 viewsTheChef

No experience of being a number 1 elsewhere, and it can be tricky to transition to that having been a number 2; how do you earn the respect of the players, and so forth?

Happy for him to be given the chance, but I'm not sure it will work out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The case for Eustace on 15:56 - Apr 28 with 7254 viewsDixie_CT

The case for Eustace on 15:42 - Apr 28 by TheChef

No experience of being a number 1 elsewhere, and it can be tricky to transition to that having been a number 2; how do you earn the respect of the players, and so forth?

Happy for him to be given the chance, but I'm not sure it will work out.

Wasn't the gaffer at Kidderminster?
The case for Eustace on 16:02 - Apr 28 with 7231 viewsWestbourneR

John Eustace
Roy Hodgson
Michael O'Neill

In order of preference.

Can't we make Warbs technical director or something and at least keep him at the club? So sad to see him go.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

The case for Eustace on 16:02 - Apr 28 with 7227 viewsTheChef

The case for Eustace on 15:56 - Apr 28 by Dixie_CT

Wasn't the gaffer at Kidderminster?

You are indeed correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Eustace#Coaching_career

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The case for Eustace on 16:05 - Apr 28 with 7211 viewsHayesender

I'd much rather Eustace was given a chance than some of the old tried, tested, and failed names being put forward elsewhere

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The case for Eustace on 16:35 - Apr 28 with 7133 viewsdavman

The case for Eustace on 14:40 - Apr 28 by stainrods_elbow

If his legacy is solely to have bought Willock to the club, then that'd be enough for me!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The case for Eustace on 16:37 - Apr 28 with 7121 viewsdavman

As daveb says, no.2s becoming no.1s rarely works out.

I have no idea; I know that whoever we get will have to do something that never happens to QPR managers, which is to hit the ground running or we'll all be wasting energy slagging them off for being useless by September.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The case for Eustace on 16:59 - Apr 28 with 7042 viewsHarbour

The case for Eustace on 16:37 - Apr 28 by davman

As daveb says, no.2s becoming no.1s rarely works out.

I have no idea; I know that whoever we get will have to do something that never happens to QPR managers, which is to hit the ground running or we'll all be wasting energy slagging them off for being useless by September.

Yes generally does not work…that lot down the road made it work with that Frank fella. I guess the main thing is the new manager needs to understand and continue with the clubs strategy of finding cheap players with potential turn them into profitable assets as in Eze Willock Dieng Dickie Dunne and field. We cannot go back to the Hughes Rednapp years off buying old crap players out for a last payday. be interesting to see who comes in…Eustace a possibility but risky.
The case for Eustace on 17:17 - Apr 28 with 6996 viewsDieByYourSide

Corberan has got Huddersfield to the playoffs, he was a no.2.

Poll: And it's hi ho

The case for Eustace on 17:37 - Apr 28 with 6908 viewsstainrods_elbow

The case for Eustace on 15:35 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

True, but he was part of a failing squad with Hair island, and he's hardly covered himself in coaching glory in 2022, has he? It's entirely possible that Kidderminster is/was his natural level. I wouldn't want to see him taken over the mantle by default if Warbs gets his cards.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The case for Eustace on 17:42 - Apr 28 with 6901 viewsNorthantsHoop

The case for Eustace on 17:17 - Apr 28 by DieByYourSide

Corberan has got Huddersfield to the playoffs, he was a no.2.

Think Eustace should be given a chance, knows the structure both financially and on the playing side and probably relishes the chance to engineer improvement. Think he was close to leaving for Swansea last season and stayed on, so who knows it could all be about succession planning and Warburton had already made a decision if play offs not achieved.
The case for Eustace on 18:01 - Apr 28 with 6816 viewsT_Block

All Warb need is a striker with pace-this news is so so stupid .I am beginning to think Les is the problem-doesn't he want the club to do well?
The case for Eustace on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 6591 viewsLongsufferingR

The wording on the statement makes it sound like it won't be an appointment from within. Amongst all the dross being mentioned, I'm a bit surprised that Neil Critchley doesn't seem to be on many people's radar. Would seem to fit the bill for me.
The case for Eustace on 20:37 - Apr 28 with 6535 viewsPunteR

I really cant see Eustace hanging around. He'll be off for pasture new i'm sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The case for Eustace on 20:38 - Apr 28 with 6529 viewsLongsufferingR

The case for Eustace on 20:37 - Apr 28 by PunteR

I really cant see Eustace hanging around. He'll be off for pasture new i'm sure.

Shrewsbury? Oh sorry, that's New Meadow not New Pasture.
The case for Eustace on 20:44 - Apr 28 with 6503 viewsBeckenhamhoop

The case for Eustace on 20:29 - Apr 28 by LongsufferingR

The wording on the statement makes it sound like it won't be an appointment from within. Amongst all the dross being mentioned, I'm a bit surprised that Neil Critchley doesn't seem to be on many people's radar. Would seem to fit the bill for me.

He’s my preferred option but compensation would need paying as he’s got about 18 months of his contract left. If he could bring Bowler and Dujon Sterling I’d be even happier!
The case for Eustace on 20:48 - Apr 28 with 6477 viewsbaz_qpr

It would make sense, you have to ask why Eustace turned down Swansea to stay as AM and you wonder whether succession was discussed if MW failed to reach his target which would have given the automatic renewal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024