Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 18:04 - Mar 11 with 6436 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Boy did they dig deep for that!

Interesting formation 5-1-2-2, but everyone put a big shift in. Certainly going five at the back was the key, thought Sam Field was immense, he/the formation made better players of the other four. Big shout for Martin, really is a master of the dark arts, in their faces from the off. Missed that nous it seems to me.

Thought Uncs for Dykes was a gamble , but not a day to try pick holes. One thing for sure: we’ll see QPR deploy ‘tactics’ to waste time and disrupt play. Get used to late finishes.

Well done Rfosi too!

[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 18:08]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just Back on 18:09 - Mar 11 with 5328 viewsStanisgod

Albert for Dykes actually worked a treat as him and Martin had the experience to disrupt them at the back.
Whinger of the season deffo going to their no. 4, didnt stop the entire game.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just Back on 18:13 - Mar 11 with 5246 viewsLongsufferingR

Thought the first half display from Kakay was absolutely tremendous. Him and Field particularly good but great effort all round, on and off the field.
Just Back on 18:28 - Mar 11 with 5100 viewsTacticalR

My thoughts:

1. Thank God for that.
2. We looked mostly solid, and didn't fold, although I don't know how we would have reacted if we had gone behind.
3. I hate myself for saying this, but Chris Martin is to be commended for his hold up play and all round game. He might not be fast but that does not mean that he does not cover a lot of ground. He also saves time as a lot of his headers actually go to our players, and Dykes is not so isolated and can stay up front as he is more likely to get something coming his way.
4. I initially thought Watford would give us a lot of trouble as they had a lot of tall physical players. However, they looked short on confidence. The problem has been that we have been unable to beat the teams that are short on confidence.
5. Tim looks better farther forward where he can intercept and create something.
6. Ainsworth has put something in Kakay's tea.
7. Drewe seemed fine against much taller players, and his throw-in is pretty handy.
8. Was that a penalty at the end when Amos went in? It didn't look good from where I was sitting.

Finally, it is becoming evident how completely Beale has screwed up the club with the players he brought in (except for Tim). Of course one can't just criticise a confidence-man. He can't operate without willing marks who are taken in.

Ainsworth has done the only thing he can do...ignore Beale's intake and rally the remaining troops.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 18:34 - Mar 11 with 5033 viewsbenhurst

Just Back on 18:28 - Mar 11 by TacticalR

My thoughts:

1. Thank God for that.
2. We looked mostly solid, and didn't fold, although I don't know how we would have reacted if we had gone behind.
3. I hate myself for saying this, but Chris Martin is to be commended for his hold up play and all round game. He might not be fast but that does not mean that he does not cover a lot of ground. He also saves time as a lot of his headers actually go to our players, and Dykes is not so isolated and can stay up front as he is more likely to get something coming his way.
4. I initially thought Watford would give us a lot of trouble as they had a lot of tall physical players. However, they looked short on confidence. The problem has been that we have been unable to beat the teams that are short on confidence.
5. Tim looks better farther forward where he can intercept and create something.
6. Ainsworth has put something in Kakay's tea.
7. Drewe seemed fine against much taller players, and his throw-in is pretty handy.
8. Was that a penalty at the end when Amos went in? It didn't look good from where I was sitting.

Finally, it is becoming evident how completely Beale has screwed up the club with the players he brought in (except for Tim). Of course one can't just criticise a confidence-man. He can't operate without willing marks who are taken in.

Ainsworth has done the only thing he can do...ignore Beale's intake and rally the remaining troops.

I think having Field behind him was what had Kakay playing so well today, usually his big weakness is his defensive positioning but Field is one of (if not the) best at it in the league so could cover for him easily.
Just Back on 18:49 - Mar 11 with 4877 viewsbaz_qpr

Def pen in my view, change of formation, the organisation, the talking and leadership on the pitch was there for all to see
Just Back on 18:54 - Mar 11 with 4809 viewsHunterhoop

Kakay and Drewe were outstanding. For what he showed going forward Kakay was a clear MotM,

But a massive about out to Sam Field (again!) for slotting in at left centre half in a back 3 and just being superb positionally. This bloke is such a pro. Also saw a lot more shouting and pointing from him today. Would love to see him play his career out with us. Such a pro.
Just Back on 18:58 - Mar 11 with 4733 viewsDamo1962

The clean sheet will hopefully galvanize our much maligned defence. It showed today, that if you can get your noses in front, and are not conceding three goals every game...you are likely to pick up more points. Probably stating the bleedin obvious here 😉
Just Back on 19:00 - Mar 11 with 4737 viewsflynnbo

Started with a huddle. I like a huddle.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 19:29]
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 19:44 - Mar 11 with 4382 viewsstowmarketrange

Still not back thanks to our wonderful rail replacement buses.
So much better being fuct over getting home with 3 points in the bag.And still no defeat at home after walking to hq from Oxford Circus tube.
Just Back on 19:53 - Mar 11 with 4253 viewsHarbour

Great gritty performance we fought for every ball big shout to the defence Drew Field kakay Dickie and dunn all immense. And thought having Dykes back made a huge difference he really put a shift in. Goal was well taken by Tim and we earned that through hard work. Clearly Gareth quite apt to the dark arts several times out players went to ground which looked liked tactical. Atmosphere in the ground was great and really thought the crowd got behind the team from the off to the 97th minute. A fantastic afternoon I forgot what it was like to win well done My team well done Gareth..
Just Back on 20:01 - Mar 11 with 4189 viewsNorthantsHoop

I enjoyed all this in your face, mucking about stuff, we looked hard today and Martin is helping to get it going as well. Expecting us to develop into a much more physical team with Gareth at the helm once we have got rid of all the loanees and shirkers brought in by Beale. Drew and Kakay superb today, and Dykes put in a good shift coming back from illness. I like Chris Martin up front he works hard and puts himself about, hope he gets a new contract at the end of the season.
Just Back on 20:03 - Mar 11 with 4159 viewsEalingHoop81

Great performance today. Moved from the R block to the family stand on lower loft to take my son and he absolutely loved it. His first game against Blackburn wasn’t as successful!

You get a different perspective from almost pitch level, and whilst I thought Kakay and Field were brilliant today in particular, I’m surprised no one has mentioned Lowe. I thought his desire and pace was massive in breaking up play and provided a massive threat
Just Back on 20:06 - Mar 11 with 4119 viewsstevec

Loved the Crown versus the dog and duck comment on the match thread. Give me blood and thunder over square passing any day.

Thoroughly enjoyable game, all eleven playing their part.

However we play though, we physically struggle to get beyond 65 minutes in a number of areas. That’s something GA needs to correct in training and signings this summer.
Just Back on 20:12 - Mar 11 with 4061 viewsCateLeBonR

He got nice ovation in front of R block which he seemed to enjoy. More rewarding than anything he'd get on here I'd imagine.

Edit talking about Lowe.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 20:17]
Just Back on 20:13 - Mar 11 with 4044 viewsjoolsyp

Just Back on 19:00 - Mar 11 by flynnbo

Started with a huddle. I like a huddle.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 19:29]

Started with a huddle. Finished with a cuddle.
Just Back on 20:16 - Mar 11 with 3970 viewsdannyblue

Well done Gareth. The turnaround in intensity, commitment, togetherness witnessed today was simply astonishing.

More professionalism too...Field going down 'injured' straight after the goal, so the rest of the team could run to the bench and get reorganised.

Martin uses his body so well. Lowe effective and not overawed at all. Kakay wonderful going forward first half. Even Dozell looked up for it in his man-marking job on their 10.

I daydreamed a conversation between Ainsworth and the team...'lads, the last 20 games have proven you can't outplay the opposition, so stop fannying about and get it forward, we'll play from there'

Just looked at the other games and all went our way. 10 points and 5 GD better off than the bottom 3. Such a pressure relief. And belief for the team to build on. Stop Blackpool winning on Tuesday and I'll be feeling a lot more relaxed
Just Back on 21:09 - Mar 11 with 3715 viewsdavman

Tim had his best game by far today - all well and good having those tools, but with zero application, they're no use. He put a right shift in today.

Sam Field is just the best player we have - rarely does anything wrong and can play in a three at the back. Love him.

If Drewe carries on like that, I'd love to see Laird on the bench - you rest up there, precious one, don't want you tweaking anything else, do we?

Martin is great (did I tell you I him?) He rarely needs to jump and gets those flick ons. Shithouses perfectly and subtley and is a leader out there. Lasts 90 mins as well (unlike a younger striker who maybe should think about retiring...). Can see him getting another year with us.

...and Jamal Lowe applied himself well today - really effective performance.

Great feeling a win gives you, eh?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just Back on 21:26 - Mar 11 with 3580 viewsdmm

I'm just back too after celebrating the win with several sherbets in the Flock. We were saying that given the full-blooded performance, the crowd would have applauded the team off at FT regardless of the result. It was a proper Gareth Ainsworth performance.
Just Back on 21:30 - Mar 11 with 3540 viewsNottsQPR

Just Back on 21:09 - Mar 11 by davman

Tim had his best game by far today - all well and good having those tools, but with zero application, they're no use. He put a right shift in today.

Sam Field is just the best player we have - rarely does anything wrong and can play in a three at the back. Love him.

If Drewe carries on like that, I'd love to see Laird on the bench - you rest up there, precious one, don't want you tweaking anything else, do we?

Martin is great (did I tell you I him?) He rarely needs to jump and gets those flick ons. Shithouses perfectly and subtley and is a leader out there. Lasts 90 mins as well (unlike a younger striker who maybe should think about retiring...). Can see him getting another year with us.

...and Jamal Lowe applied himself well today - really effective performance.

Great feeling a win gives you, eh?

Don’t get too attached. Many of these will have to be sold/let go in the summer. They’ve done their jobs today though.
Just Back on 21:57 - Mar 11 with 3335 viewsM40R

Wow, that was some match. I loved the fact that we cut out the playing out from the back and won so many second balls with two targets to aim at. Wonder though how Chair fits into this style when fit?
Just Back on 00:42 - Mar 12 with 2997 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just Back on 21:57 - Mar 11 by M40R

Wow, that was some match. I loved the fact that we cut out the playing out from the back and won so many second balls with two targets to aim at. Wonder though how Chair fits into this style when fit?

Good post and lost in our new system and brilliant victory is where Chair and Willock fit in once they come back.
I expect they will both be back after the International so hopefully we can blend the bunch into an unbeatable team proud to wear the QPR shirt .
Looking good tonight but a lot of tired bodies and some tight muscles with cramp and exhaustion .
Pity we have a game on Tuesday a week to recover would be better after todays battle
Just Back on 01:24 - Mar 12 with 2922 viewsLoyalitat

Just Back on 18:34 - Mar 11 by benhurst

I think having Field behind him was what had Kakay playing so well today, usually his big weakness is his defensive positioning but Field is one of (if not the) best at it in the league so could cover for him easily.

Field is the best in that position in this league and he will be playing for either a team that will finish in the lower reaches of the premier league, or be recruited by a newly promoted team into the premier league ahead of next season.

He is a very good player and for once credit should be given to Mark Warburton and Les for his permanent acquisition. The latter two aren't mutually exclusive.
Just Back on 05:39 - Mar 12 with 2678 viewsNorthLondonR

Just Back on 19:44 - Mar 11 by stowmarketrange

Still not back thanks to our wonderful rail replacement buses.
So much better being fuct over getting home with 3 points in the bag.And still no defeat at home after walking to hq from Oxford Circus tube.

If someone, anyone, ever sees this guy getting comfortable in his seat or catching a snooze as the tube creeps past Tottenham Court Road, wake the f@cker up by any means necessary... he shall walk each and every home game from Oxford Circus, in all weathers.
Just Back on 05:53 - Mar 12 with 2658 viewsswisscottage

Just Back on 20:03 - Mar 11 by EalingHoop81

Great performance today. Moved from the R block to the family stand on lower loft to take my son and he absolutely loved it. His first game against Blackburn wasn’t as successful!

You get a different perspective from almost pitch level, and whilst I thought Kakay and Field were brilliant today in particular, I’m surprised no one has mentioned Lowe. I thought his desire and pace was massive in breaking up play and provided a massive threat

By far Lowe's best game for us, which doesn't say much. I've been highly critical of him, as, up until yesterday he's always on his heels and slow to react.

But yesterday he really had a burr under his saddle as he was chasing back constantly and looked dangerous going forward. A few bad decisions and final balls still, but otherwise I can't fault him for his effort today, but that also goes for the rest of the team.
Just Back on 05:58 - Mar 12 with 2648 viewsswisscottage

Just Back on 05:39 - Mar 12 by NorthLondonR

If someone, anyone, ever sees this guy getting comfortable in his seat or catching a snooze as the tube creeps past Tottenham Court Road, wake the f@cker up by any means necessary... he shall walk each and every home game from Oxford Circus, in all weathers.

Well I walk to and from Marylebone every match, so Oxford Circus should be a about the same .. a brisk hour's walk:).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024