Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City Match Thread. 23:42 - Apr 28 with 50333 viewsBoston

Hendrix is experiencing complex legal issues apparently

Stoke City 1. QPR1.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stoke City Match Thread. on 23:50 - Apr 28 with 9838 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Not sure if you are joking as normal Boston but I think we will actually win this game and make next weekend a nice warm fuzzy ocasion where everybody thanks everybody else
Stoke City 1 QPR 3 with Armstrong getting his first 2 goals for us
Stoke City Match Thread. on 01:36 - Apr 29 with 9724 viewsnumptydumpty

Stoke 3 QPR 0

Reading 6 Wigan 1

Last day nerves after the Kings Coronation !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Stoke City Match Thread. on 08:06 - Apr 29 with 9604 viewsMalintabuk

Just going to venture out of the exotic climes of the Travelodge into the even more exotic Stafford North services to have a coffee and decide if the Burger King is worth breaking of the healthy eating regime.... fear not
Against my better judgement I have dragged myself up here on the promise of that Burnley win and in the hope we don't now go and fcuk this up.... as we often do!!!
I'd take anything other than a defeat today... who will start for us...close to Captain Scarlett's Mysterons, a complete guess ..... praying for a win..... hoping for a draw.... dreading the obvious defeat.....

0-2 Stoke.... ahhhhh I hate myself for that but it is so QPR
Stoke City Match Thread. on 08:21 - Apr 29 with 9566 viewsDorse

QPR will win.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stoke City Match Thread. on 08:46 - Apr 29 with 9516 viewsjoe90

I’m confident we’ll stay up whatever the result today. There are too many results that have to go against us and the chances of that happening are the same as the chances of us beating Burnley were…
Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:02 - Apr 29 with 9477 viewsstowmarketrange

Big Lyndon to get the equaliser in the 96th minute as the result comes through that Reading have lost to wigan 2-1.
As I was getting my cuppa from the tea bar at stowmarket station the radio was playing Lyndon Dykes is the best on earth by Belinda Carlisle.It’s an omen I tell ya.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:04 - Apr 29 with 9470 viewscolinallcars

A libation to the gods of chance dear friends !
Another 2-1 win for us with fortune on our side.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:18 - Apr 29 with 9439 viewsdmm

I'm sticking with everybody's favourite away prediction - 1-1.

It'll quite possibly leave us with something to do v Brizzle but that'll do me.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:24 - Apr 29 with 9418 viewsE15Hoop

Stoke City Match Thread. on 01:36 - Apr 29 by numptydumpty

Stoke 3 QPR 0

Reading 6 Wigan 1

Last day nerves after the Kings Coronation !!!

You defiinitely need a hug Numpty, so here's one now..
I do not believe that God is that cruel and unjust, or that Andy Carroll is capable of scoring that many, plus Wigan are fighting for their pride and would love to keep the fight going for longer.
As for us, I think we'll have to overcome some jitters, but I'm going for a hard-earned point: 2-2. That might be enough for us to enjoy a day in the Bank Holiday sunshine next week..
Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:25 - Apr 29 with 9412 viewsdavman

They have raised that bstd hope through the last two results, but I do not trust this lot to follow that up and we all know what happens after we beat the best team.

It isn't about us anymore (was it ever?), it's all bout whether those below us can get the necessary points. Our best bet is a Reading defeat or a draw followed by a Huddersfield double game without winning v Cardiff and Sheff U. That way we will be safe before the final day.

Face it, that first half last week was the Alamo - we lose that 9 times out of 10. Play that way v Stoke and we'll get stuffed.

So, no, I do not trust that our players and management are good enough to win today. I want this to be done today as I don't trust them to get the job done next week either if we are still in this...

What an awful fckng season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 9401 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We're nearly evens to avoid defeat.

I've no idea what Stoke are like except that they haven't won in five and have nothing to play for here. I know our form is awful too but we have played ok in small spells in the last few games so I'm hoping that a ten-minute spell might bring us a goal or two.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:35 - Apr 29 with 9366 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We should be able to beat them but one can't help thinking they'll prolong the agony until next week.

Of course, we could have gone down that season Washington scored a couple (😳) in the final game against Forest, so it's not unprecedented for us to still be in danger on the last day in recent years.

Hoping we get it done today though.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:36 - Apr 29 with 9378 viewsQPRSteve

We have to have faith. The players have started to show some guts in the last couple of games.

I'm wondering if JCS is available, whether Ainsworth will go with a back three and just one up front.

Anyway, a surprisingly comfortable 2-0 win.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:38 - Apr 29 with 9368 viewseastside_r

I am going ‘cold turkey’ again. For West Brom I was at home but turned off all comms. For Burnley I went out but still had my phone on me but managed to resist checking on the game until it had long finished.

Today, I am going out and not taking any device with me.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:44 - Apr 29 with 9333 viewsSonofpugwash

I'm almost hoping that results today will set up a pulsating finale at HQ.
I'll be checking the progress regularly while attempting to put a new deck belt on the Murray lawn tractor(bastard of a job)
1-1.
Sucking grazed knuckles and exacerbating hiatus hernia should add to the fun.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:45 - Apr 29 with 9338 viewsE15Hoop

Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:38 - Apr 29 by eastside_r

I am going ‘cold turkey’ again. For West Brom I was at home but turned off all comms. For Burnley I went out but still had my phone on me but managed to resist checking on the game until it had long finished.

Today, I am going out and not taking any device with me.

I admire your self-discipline Eastside!
I'll be amongst the thousnds living the agony with Messrs London and Sinton on QPR+!
After this season, I will never, ever mock anyone who spends their time watching soap operas again...
Stoke City Match Thread. on 10:00 - Apr 29 with 9282 viewseastside_r

Stoke City Match Thread. on 09:45 - Apr 29 by E15Hoop

I admire your self-discipline Eastside!
I'll be amongst the thousnds living the agony with Messrs London and Sinton on QPR+!
After this season, I will never, ever mock anyone who spends their time watching soap operas again...

Thing is that I am the least superstitious person but even QPR brings this out in me. It has now ‘worked’ twice so I am sticking with it.

If I was at the game then I can cope, but watching on-line or listening was sending my stress levels through the roof.

It’s currently a lovely day in east London so I will probably just go for a walk and laugh at some mallards (the perverts!)
Stoke City Match Thread. on 10:33 - Apr 29 with 9165 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There's a lot of similarities with 2012: Stoke penultimate game in a season where we started well but we're dragged into a relegation dog fight after managerial upheaval.

All I say/hope: we go into next week's game - also against a team with City in their name - safe having done what needs doing today.

Go well Rfosi.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stoke City Match Thread. on 10:35 - Apr 29 with 9155 viewspaulparker

1-0 Stoke

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stoke City Match Thread. on 10:50 - Apr 29 with 9102 viewsessextaxiboy

1-2 ....and relax
Stoke City Match Thread. on 11:24 - Apr 29 with 9009 viewsHarbour

Yes it’s a 1-0 defeat all over it fingers x I am wrong.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 11:27 - Apr 29 with 8998 viewsToast_R

The obvious acca today is to win
Stoke
Reading
Coventry
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 11:28]
Stoke City Match Thread. on 11:39 - Apr 29 with 8947 viewsizlingtonhoop

Yesterday, I passed a funeral - in Barnsbury, Islington - there was a 2ft Stoke City wreath on the coffin.

Make of this portent what you will.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 11:40 - Apr 29 with 8938 viewsGaryT

0-0 and Wigan scoring a 95th minute equaliser at Reading so, jobs a goodun.
Stoke City Match Thread. on 11:48 - Apr 29 with 8882 viewstraininvain

Had a dream last night that we lost 3-2 in the last minute but we were playing Huddersfield so make of that what you will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024