Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... 19:58 - Jul 20 with 5992 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Does anyone have any recommendations for non alcoholic beer or lager. I just tried a Brew Dog IPA, and it was meh.

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:06 - Jul 20 with 4447 viewsPunteR

Don't see the point of non alcoholic beer personally.
I'm back off the wagon now after a year or so on it but lime and soda was my drink of choice.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:06 - Jul 20 with 4447 viewsDoudou87

Erdinger do a good one, advertised as an isotonic drink!

Had a non alcoholic Moretti the other night as I was driving, also not bad.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:18 - Jul 20 with 4426 viewstonyQPR

Yeah don’t drink it mate. If you want a beer have a beer, just don’t pretend to have one. Your soul will be grateful.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:38 - Jul 20 with 4368 viewsARudd

Athletic Brewing, tried loads when had to be off the beer, still drink now to keep it healthy and tastes better than many alcoholic beers.

There’s a lager and IPA’s
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:39 - Jul 20 with 4358 viewsthame_hoops

I’ve been off all types of alcohol for the last 8 weeks as I’m getting gym fit again- 45 years old for what it’s worth. Effect on my body has been incredible. Lost weight, I’m not tired anymore, much more energy and my complexion has completely changed. There are sometimes I have missed it, especially being at the cricket. But I’m trying to go as long as I can without because the health benefits

Punk IPA alcohol free does not even taste like an IPA does it? To be honest, every one I’ve tried all tastes very similar. Very refreshing, almost like a very light beer. They’ve come a long way from the ones years ago that just had a burnt bitter taste to them

For this reason, I buy the cheapest ones that Aldi sell, it’s 0% alcohol, free lager, £2.50 for a pack of 6 x 330ML bottles.

I’ve also tried the Corona and Heineken, to be honest, they just taste identical.

Good luck
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:44 - Jul 20 with 4346 viewsChrisNW6

Guinness 0 is very nice but obviously not a summer drink. Brew Dog IPA 0.5% is rank but the Lost Lager effort isn't that bad.

Out of the mainstream stuff I think Heineken is the pick of a really bad bunch.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:46 - Jul 20 with 4333 viewshubble

There was a two-page thread on here about this very subject, only a week or so ago: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/299115/free-beer

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 21:46 - Jul 20 with 4242 viewsToast_R

I recommend not drinking it
Login to get fewer ads

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 21:57 - Jul 20 with 4230 viewsessextaxiboy

Ghost Ship 0.5% is the best IMO .

I did the Adnams brewery tour a couple of years ago . They reckon they sell more of it than the real stuff. You would have to drink 22 bottles an hour to get over the drink drive limit .
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 22:04 - Jul 20 with 4204 viewsBoston

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 21:57 - Jul 20 by essextaxiboy

I did the Adnams brewery tour a couple of years ago . They reckon they sell more of it than the real stuff. You would have to drink 22 bottles an hour to get over the drink drive limit .

Formidable research there essex, hope there was a convenient toilet.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 22:12 - Jul 20 with 4205 viewsessextaxiboy

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 22:04 - Jul 20 by Boston

Formidable research there essex, hope there was a convenient toilet.

I just asked the bloke .. I have a bladder the size of a small walnut
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:39 - Jul 21 with 4059 viewsloftboy

Have t tried it but Leffe 0% gets rave reviews.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:52 - Jul 21 with 4038 viewsandrew1302

Beer - Ghost ship
Lager - loads of choices. A bit depends on if you are concerned about purity, sugar content etc. For purity go with German ones. I like Bitburger. If you aren't so concerned things like Asahi are good. Sugar is worth considering as there is a lot of variance. Lower content obviously health wise is best and Bitburger ticks that box too.
I see people say don't drink it but if you prefer to avoid a lot of alcohol say during the week the taste now has been really improved and you don't notice a lot of difference. I would definitely avoid the Heineken and Budweiser etc brands. You can go to Booze Free or Dry Drinker and maybe get a taster box to see what you like the best.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:58 - Jul 21 with 4019 viewscolinallcars

Top tip - don't drink non-alcoholic beer after the Watford match.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 10:05 - Jul 21 with 4004 viewswestberksr

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 21:57 - Jul 20 by essextaxiboy

a mate was on this last night and quite likes it.

when i'm driving i'll often have a 0% and tend to go for brands I don't usually drink to remove the 'frame of reference'.

Found the Corona to be ok as the slice of lime makes it feel like a normal drink and the Peroni is ok. Guinness is pretty good, but again not when switching from the real stuff. If I'm having a couple i'll go sparkling water of coffee rather than mix from booze to 0%
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 10:07 - Jul 21 with 4002 viewsstantheman10

Water
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 10:13 - Jul 21 with 3988 viewsAntti_Heinola

Big Drop ipa is really nice, best I've found.

Don't really understand people saying don't drink non-alcoholic beer. Sometimes I want a beer but don't want the alcohol and Big Drop is great for that. Ghost Ship as others have said is nice too.

Bare bones.

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 10:36 - Jul 21 with 3971 viewsE17hoop

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:39 - Jul 21 by loftboy

Have t tried it but Leffe 0% gets rave reviews.

Mentioned it on the other thread. I truly though I'd made a mistake and picked up a full fat one.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 13:37 - Jul 21 with 3885 viewsPunteR

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 10:13 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

Big Drop ipa is really nice, best I've found.

Don't really understand people saying don't drink non-alcoholic beer. Sometimes I want a beer but don't want the alcohol and Big Drop is great for that. Ghost Ship as others have said is nice too.

I can take the first couple of swigs of a cold alcohol free beer, its quite refreshing but after that it just tastes rank and doesn't get me buzzing so I think what's the point. Having said that I can't sit in a beer garden and drink a pint of coke either.
Lime and soda or a light ginger beer is my preference. Alcohol free beer actually gives me a headache. I don't think my brain can work out what's going on and thinks I should be pissed but I'm not and therefore I must be hung over so I get a headache.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 21:34 - Jul 24 with 3710 viewsitsbiga

Stella 0% is the best one ive tried so far.
Odd as i dont really care much for normal Stella

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 21:36 - Jul 24 with 3707 viewsitsbiga

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 13:37 - Jul 21 by PunteR

I can take the first couple of swigs of a cold alcohol free beer, its quite refreshing but after that it just tastes rank and doesn't get me buzzing so I think what's the point. Having said that I can't sit in a beer garden and drink a pint of coke either.
Lime and soda or a light ginger beer is my preference. Alcohol free beer actually gives me a headache. I don't think my brain can work out what's going on and thinks I should be pissed but I'm not and therefore I must be hung over so I get a headache.

0% seems to give me a headache too

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 23:13 - Jul 24 with 3624 viewsderbyhoop

Not sure of its availability in UK, but Affloigem 0% is decent.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 06:43 - Jul 25 with 3573 viewsHooparoo

Zero alcohol beer is like making love in a canoe - fcking close to water.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 07:22 - Jul 25 with 3547 viewskingsburyR

I've tried a few.

Worst is the 0.0 Peroni. It is chuffin foul.

Best is Rheinbacher Premium Pilsner 0% from Aldi. Actually tastes like lager. Although it don't half make you fart!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 08:51 - Feb 9 with 2054 viewsDiscodroids

Choosing a Non -alcoholic beer is like being dragged around Dunelm by the mrs to look at Pelmets, Curtain tie backs, PotPurri dishes , scented Candle storage boxes that some bestial fcuker has decorated with sea shells , and those satanic wooden Kitchen signs with inspirational quotes on them written by someone like by Paloma Faith .

And yet, May i recommend 'Brooklyn special effects' an amber hoppy lager and 'Staropramen 0.00'.
None of that caramel, biscuity, Saccharin, chemical mutated aftertaste that don't bloat you out like Orson Welles with an anti kink wonderhoze up his arse.

I've tried Bitburger, estrella Galacia, San Miguel, Heinken, Peroni, Krombacher, Hoffmeister, and stella non alcohol.. all crap.. oh and Asahi.. that was pure evil. tasted like a wimpey banana split.
[Post edited 9 Feb 9:01]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024