Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... 19:58 - Jul 20 with 6265 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Does anyone have any recommendations for non alcoholic beer or lager. I just tried a Brew Dog IPA, and it was meh.

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:01 - Feb 9 with 1566 viewsLimehouseR

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 08:51 - Feb 9 by Discodroids

Choosing a Non -alcoholic beer is like being dragged around Dunelm by the mrs to look at Pelmets, Curtain tie backs, PotPurri dishes , scented Candle storage boxes that some bestial fcuker has decorated with sea shells , and those satanic wooden Kitchen signs with inspirational quotes on them written by someone like by Paloma Faith .

And yet, May i recommend 'Brooklyn special effects' an amber hoppy lager and 'Staropramen 0.00'.
None of that caramel, biscuity, Saccharin, chemical mutated aftertaste that don't bloat you out like Orson Welles with an anti kink wonderhoze up his arse.

I've tried Bitburger, estrella Galacia, San Miguel, Heinken, Peroni, Krombacher, Hoffmeister, and stella non alcohol.. all crap.. oh and Asahi.. that was pure evil. tasted like a wimpey banana split.
[Post edited 9 Feb 9:01]

Seconded for Brooklyn Special Effects. Very decent and enjoyable.

I also like the Brulo - Lust for Life IPA which you can get in Morrisons.

Infinite IPA is also decent, think it can be found in Sainsbury's.

Most of the non-alcoholic mainstream 'largers' are pretty awful.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:16 - Feb 9 with 1536 viewsrobith

Yep, Special Effects is great. Would also recommend any of the beers from Big Drop and Nirvana Brewery. Doing interesting things in the low and no space
[Post edited 9 Feb 9:17]
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:51 - Feb 9 with 1462 viewsMrSheen

There's a chamber in hell where they only serve Leffe 0.0 - all the weird low-alcohol tang with extra syrup.

I need to cut my drinking and calorie intake, but instead of Frankenstein 0%s I'm changing my Friday night thank-god-it's-over tippling from beer to bitter cocktails. I love a G&T but it's gone in 10 minutes. A Negroni (with Cynar and Fernet-Branca please not Campari, too sweet for me) lasts me an hour.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:53 - Feb 9 with 1457 viewsWestonsuperR

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 20:06 - Jul 20 by PunteR

Don't see the point of non alcoholic beer personally.
I'm back off the wagon now after a year or so on it but lime and soda was my drink of choice.

I really like the taste of beer but don’t always want to drink alcohol for example driving.

Brewdog is very good if you like an IPA but seems really unfair how expensive it is, almost the same as actual beer.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 10:13 - Feb 9 with 1404 viewsthompsonridd

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 21:57 - Jul 20 by essextaxiboy

Ghost Ship 0.5% is the best IMO .

I did the Adnams brewery tour a couple of years ago . They reckon they sell more of it than the real stuff. You would have to drink 22 bottles an hour to get over the drink drive limit .

Agree 100%. It's very good beer
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 10:44 - Feb 9 with 1340 viewsHoopinEssex

Good thread this. Going off the beer for Lent soon.

Had long periods off Alcohol. I would say the best Ives tried is the Guinness one when I have been off.

Going to try some of the others mentioned in this thread.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 11:11 - Feb 9 with 1271 viewsSonofpugwash

I've developed an allergy to alcohol which is depressing in itself but to contemplate a non alcoholic beverage is even more so since it mocks your memory of happier times.It's like replacing a long lost lover with a blow -up doll.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 12:49 - Feb 9 with 1193 viewsTheChef

Finally got round to trying Guinness Zero - I thought it was awful.

Galactic Milk Stout far superior.

https://thealcoholfreeco.co.uk/product/big-drop-galactic-milk-stout/?gad_source=

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 12:56 - Feb 9 with 1185 viewsSuperhoops2808

Noughty Beer (Shepherd Neame) is really nice

I like Heineken zero too

And also tried a new one, Lucky Saint that was tasty
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 1145 viewsQPROslo

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 23:13 - Jul 24 by derbyhoop

Not sure of its availability in UK, but Affloigem 0% is decent.

Yes, I find Munkholm 0% OK when I got to drive in Norway, but don't know if it's available in the UK.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 1117 viewsHAYESBOY

Moretti do a good one.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 07:24 - Feb 10 with 925 viewsSpaceman_P

The Spanish non-alcoholic largers Mahou and Estrella tostada 0% are both pretty nice tasting non-alcoholic beers. Good to have a couple bottles in the sun around 12pm and then later you can transition to the actual beers and not feel too messed up for your Sunday Roast.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 13:48 - Feb 10 with 796 viewswelwynranger

Anything from the Blue and White club
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 19:37 - Feb 10 with 733 viewsDorse

Franziskaner Weissbeir 0% is a really good one. The whole wheatbeer taste works well and it goes for about £1.80 a bottle in most places. Well worth a go and it's my first choice if I'm driving.
[Post edited 10 Feb 20:01]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 19:58 - Feb 10 with 718 viewsCiderwithRsie

Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 19:37 - Feb 10 by Dorse

Franziskaner Weissbeir 0% is a really good one. The whole wheatbeer taste works well and it goes for about £1.80 a bottle in most places. Well worth a go and it's my first choice if I'm driving.
[Post edited 10 Feb 20:01]

The wheat beers are the ones that work best for me, I don't mind the Erdinger one either.

I'm also OK with Guiness 0.0 but might try that Milk Stout upthread if I can find it anywhere without having to b*gger about ordering online.

So far I've yet to find an ordinary lager that didn't taste watered down or an ale which didn't taste as if they were trying to hard on hops or sugar to make up for the lack of alcohol. I'm sorry but I thought the BrewDog Nanny State thing to be one of the most disgusting drinks I've ever tried - haven't yet had a go at Ghost Ship but maybe I should try it
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 22:42 - Feb 10 with 661 viewsbrad

guinness 00....very good
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 09:57 - Feb 11 with 605 viewsDraytonR

Drinking non alcoholic beer is like licking your sisters hoo Haa, it may taste the same but you know its just wrong , apparently.
Non alcoholic beer/lager...... on 11:53 - Feb 11 with 544 viewsTonto

I stopped drinking alcohol 4 years ago as my wife was breast feeding g and couldn't... and never restarted.

Non alcoholic beers have come a long way. There are still some shit ones about (Heineken) and a few taste soapy but there are good ones out there. My favourites are:

Freedam
San Miguel 0%
Ashai 0%

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024