Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? 22:05 - Sep 16 with 4079 viewsToast_R

Stuck in the worst traffic I've ever had the misfortune to endure in over 26 years of driving. Manor Road roundabout on A316 next to North Sheen Station. Roadworks causing chaos. Gridlocked, there were Box Junctions to navigate, drivers getting stuck inside, trying their best not to for fear of a £60 fine but if you simply didn't take a chance, you weren't ever going to move. There was also a level crossing to risk your life on by trying not to get stuck on it when the traffic edged forwards, about 2 cars worth every 8 minutes. There were arseholes deciding they shouldn't have to wait so over taking the queue while going head to head with oncoming traffic going the other way before trying to force their way back in the queue further up. Roadrage unfolding as they went about it. Cars, vans and trucks bumper to bumber trying to force them back out again. Someone behind me so much so that she rolled into my car, luckily no damage.

Left Molesey at 12pm, arrived in Shepherds Bush at 2:45pm. 12 miles.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 22:08 - Sep 16 with 3495 viewsThe_Beast1976

A3 also has major roadworks around Roehampton. This country is fcuked. Roadworks literally everywhere, and public transport terrible to non existent
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 22:21 - Sep 16 with 3452 viewsHantsR

Maybe not as bad as your experience, but I was dismayed to spend something like 45 mins negotiating the A316 in the Richmond/Sheen area after a smooth run up the M3 from Winchester area. I noticed that I was stuck in traffic in a group of at least 4 cars with Rs supporters inside, one with an OPR reg plate.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 22:42 - Sep 16 with 3406 viewsHastings_Hoops

Leatherhead-chessington-hook was a barrel of laughs today. Peppered with a ULEZ protest in chessington which inconvenienced me more than ULEZ will.

Got to qpr at 2.59.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 22:45 - Sep 16 with 3393 viewsBoston

M40 was a right mess I'm told.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 23:26 - Sep 16 with 3316 viewsMrSheen

Clifford Avenue (A205) on stop-go fir another week. Dire around the clock.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 23:52 - Sep 16 with 3254 viewsqueensparker

I spent almost five hours driving today - Brentford to Twickenham to ground and back again. Never seen anything like it every single road was a traffic jam. On my sixth San Miguel now and just about got over it
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 00:34 - Sep 17 with 3198 viewsbaz_qpr

Yeah also came in from Molesey should have ignored Google maps and gone via Twickenham
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 01:47 - Sep 17 with 3146 viewsozexile

I use to work right by that bridge where the old Gasworks were so know it well. I know it never use to be a thing but don't they do night works on busy roads and then come morning all lanes open? That's what happens here in Oz.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 07:31 - Sep 17 with 3039 viewsdmm

Traveling from Victoria, not only was the Central line buggered but, on route, I discovered District and Piccadilly line trains were not going any further west than Earls Court.

I walked out of the station to get the bus replacement service only to find the roads in Earls Court almost gridlocked.

I took Shanks' poney instead.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 07:59 - Sep 17 with 2972 viewscolinallcars

“Improvements” to Manor Circus roundabout will continue 'til next spring.
It's been bad for a while now. Last Thursday was the worst I've known it.
Still, only another 6-8 months to go.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 08:17 - Sep 17 with 2950 viewsJuzzie

I do that A316 route every day and it’s caused utter chaos. Luckily I’m on a motorbike so it ads about 10 mins to my journey as opposed to 1-2 hours in a car.

The reason, apparently, is to improve it due to accidents (when really people just need to drive better and not go straight ahead whilst in a “left-only” lane) but mainly to improve it for cyclists and pedestrians.

Looking at the TFL plans it looks like you will then be able to go straight ahead as well as left when in the nearside lane going westbound.
I guess that should help with traffic flow wothe the nearside lane used more as well as reduce accidents but even then, i see so many people straight-line across the series of roundabouts between Richmond and Whitton there will still be accidents sadly.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 8:30]
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 08:53 - Sep 17 with 2851 viewsstevec

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 01:47 - Sep 17 by ozexile

I use to work right by that bridge where the old Gasworks were so know it well. I know it never use to be a thing but don't they do night works on busy roads and then come morning all lanes open? That's what happens here in Oz.

You have to understand, you live in a sensible country, we live in a country presided over by absolute cnts who delight in fckin the public over at every possible opportunity.

And I’m not only talking about the Tory government.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 09:47 - Sep 17 with 2763 viewscolinallcars

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 08:17 - Sep 17 by Juzzie

I do that A316 route every day and it’s caused utter chaos. Luckily I’m on a motorbike so it ads about 10 mins to my journey as opposed to 1-2 hours in a car.

The reason, apparently, is to improve it due to accidents (when really people just need to drive better and not go straight ahead whilst in a “left-only” lane) but mainly to improve it for cyclists and pedestrians.

Looking at the TFL plans it looks like you will then be able to go straight ahead as well as left when in the nearside lane going westbound.
I guess that should help with traffic flow wothe the nearside lane used more as well as reduce accidents but even then, i see so many people straight-line across the series of roundabouts between Richmond and Whitton there will still be accidents sadly.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 8:30]

If they want to use the inside turn left lane as a straight ahead, all they need to do is take the arrow away.
Millions of £s saved, less pollution and shattered nerves due to the 8 months of holdups.
Still, it creates jobs I suppose.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 13:41 - Sep 17 with 2572 viewsPaddyhoops

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 22:45 - Sep 16 by Boston

M40 was a right mess I'm told.

Had to take it yesterday as central line was severely effected .
Disastrous but nothing works here anymore so par for the course really.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 14:57 - Sep 17 with 2496 viewsThe_Beast1976

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 08:53 - Sep 17 by stevec

You have to understand, you live in a sensible country, we live in a country presided over by absolute cnts who delight in fckin the public over at every possible opportunity.

And I’m not only talking about the Tory government.

^ This

What they do here is do nightworks, then leave the roadworks in place all day the following day ready for them to recommence the following night. This country is absolutely fcuked. You can't get anywhere by road due to all the roadworks, and you cant get anywhere by rail due to strikes and engineering works
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 15:16 - Sep 17 with 2473 viewsHayesender

Softening us all up for their 15 minute prisons, I mean cities. As posted above, we're run by absolute cnts
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 15:26]

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? (n/t) on 17:22 - Sep 17 with 2365 viewsBushRanger82

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 15:16 - Sep 17 by Hayesender

Softening us all up for their 15 minute prisons, I mean cities. As posted above, we're run by absolute cnts
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 15:26]

[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 17:24]
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 17:26 - Sep 17 with 2344 viewsBushRanger82

The answer is simple.

Stop voting for people who do you no good whatsoever.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 17:38 - Sep 17 with 2316 viewsstevec

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 17:26 - Sep 17 by BushRanger82

The answer is simple.

But that’s all of them!
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 17:58 - Sep 17 with 2282 viewsHayesender

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 17:26 - Sep 17 by BushRanger82

The answer is simple.

Well that's narrowed it down to absolutely no one

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 18:11 - Sep 17 with 2265 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I dropped my son at Nottingham University today. Left at 8am, just got back. 9 hours driving from Kingston to Nottingham and back.

Absolute chaos on the motorways.
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 18:41 - Sep 17 with 2240 viewssouthbrookstreet

You have just got to leave home early to make it easer for yourself I used to leave Portsmouth area 11am to get to W12 on time but as the traffic was getting worst yearly then I changed it to a 10.am start what with the J10/M25 A3 etc ongoing roadworks I decided to start my journey on Saturday v Sunderland to 9.am it took me just 2 hours better than the 3/4 hours on previous journeys to W12, I just make a day of it now by leaving earlier it makes me more relaxed... I still get roadworks though
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 19:43 - Sep 17 with 2154 viewsJuzzie

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 09:47 - Sep 17 by colinallcars

If they want to use the inside turn left lane as a straight ahead, all they need to do is take the arrow away.
Millions of £s saved, less pollution and shattered nerves due to the 8 months of holdups.
Still, it creates jobs I suppose.

I had thought of that too but you have three lanes westbound approaching the roundabout going into two lanes leaving. There’s a disparity in traffic flow across all four junctions as north & south have one lane entering but two lanes exiting.

Three lanes of cars all going straight ahead westbound is not going to fit into two.

You could make the far right lane a right-only lane but then you only get the existing problem but in reverse.

Looking at the plans again it’s now going to be just two lanes approaching. Viewing the plans vs google maps and they are effectively removing that far left lane completely (the one where people go straight ahead when they are not allowed to and collide with the car on their right).
Accidents down, queues/congestion up.

I don’t know the history but it feels that left lane may have been added later on for cars to go left to take the weight off the two main lanes but it seems peoples inability to drive properly has necessitated this restructuring.

How about they just put up those tubular plastic bollards into the roundabout so it directs cars in the left lane to go left only? Voila! Job done in a week and £millions saved. There are plenty of those bollards along bus lanes etc so it’s not like people aren’t used to them.
A few will get knocked over from time to time but the cost to replace them is peanuts compared to what they are doing now.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 21:58]
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 19:52 - Sep 17 with 2111 viewsnix

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 07:31 - Sep 17 by dmm

Traveling from Victoria, not only was the Central line buggered but, on route, I discovered District and Piccadilly line trains were not going any further west than Earls Court.

I walked out of the station to get the bus replacement service only to find the roads in Earls Court almost gridlocked.

I took Shanks' poney instead.

Another possibility is to go from Victoria to Clapton Junction and then get the mainline train to Shepherd's Bush (leaves from platform 1). They go quite regularly when there aren't stikes obviously!
Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 20:42 - Sep 17 with 1996 viewsdmm

Anyone Drive to the game via Richmond today? on 19:52 - Sep 17 by nix

Another possibility is to go from Victoria to Clapton Junction and then get the mainline train to Shepherd's Bush (leaves from platform 1). They go quite regularly when there aren't stikes obviously!

Thanks nix. Kind of you to post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024