Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real problem? 18:54 - Oct 7 with 9937 viewspaulhoop2

Personally I feel there are a few players that should really step up and perform. Very easy to blame managers and coaches. People say he should go but I really can’t see who would make us any better? As for wanting the owners out careful what you wish for that really could see the end of the road.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The real problem? on 06:55 - Oct 8 with 2090 viewsWatford_Ranger

The real problem? on 21:57 - Oct 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Is Chair above criticism then?
He’s not the main problem but he’s created very little this season and his goalscoring has stopped.
Today was a typical recent Chair performance: terrible set pieces, not looking up when he could cross, poor shooting. He’s no better than most of his teammates.

Nobody is above criticism of course but he’s just the last player who should be getting it.
The real problem? on 07:34 - Oct 8 with 2006 viewsEsox_Lucius

The real problem? on 19:18 - Oct 7 by westy

Certain players need to be held accountable but when GA drops such players ie Willock he gets slaughtered when in reality he sees him in trading every day so knows his mindset. I personally think Chair is tossing it off weekly yet gets a free run by most on here. I’m sorry but he’s far from our best player. Most technically gifted yes but best player nowhere near right now. I’ve been scathing of Armstrongs lack of in game knowledge but I’d take him over chair all day long right now cos it hurts him. Chair just hides behind his hand moaning to his best mate Willock. No surprise those two are besties. Their attitudes are shite. I feel for GA but results are inevitably going to be on him. Funny really as if you win games it’s mostly how amazing the players are yet when you are in the shite it’s mostly how poor a manager is.

"I personally think Chair is tossing it off weekly yet gets a free run by most on here."
You don't go to the games do you?

The grass is always greener.

The real problem? on 08:02 - Oct 8 with 1945 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I also got a sense many Rfosi - and quite understandibly - have thrown the towel in.

After repeated performances of such glaring ineptitude, players, management, and board members should be vilified for how they've led QPR to the abyss. Again.

No one really wanted him GA back, and while I love his enthusiasm and raw desire to make it work, the challenge is, I'm afraid, beyond him.

QPR need to decide if they want to stay up, in which case Amit goes back on bended knees to Warnock or, we accept relegation now and start rebuilding and preparing from now, with GA.

Place needs a clear out from top to bottom whatever we choose to do!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The real problem? on 08:09 - Oct 8 with 1913 viewsgazza1

Its GA which saddens me.

He has got so many things wrong since he arrived here, both, on & off the pitch. Yesterday, from team selection, team formation & team tactics were all so poor. WTF was he and his coaches thinking of??

Whilst I blame GA for most of it the players take responsibility as well but GA signed many of them, GA neglected to sign the right type of players, one attacking minded player has been signed and he has been playing at RB most of the time.....even the last signing is a defensive type of player!!!!
The real problem? on 08:33 - Oct 8 with 1856 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The real problem? on 08:09 - Oct 8 by gazza1

Its GA which saddens me.

He has got so many things wrong since he arrived here, both, on & off the pitch. Yesterday, from team selection, team formation & team tactics were all so poor. WTF was he and his coaches thinking of??

Whilst I blame GA for most of it the players take responsibility as well but GA signed many of them, GA neglected to sign the right type of players, one attacking minded player has been signed and he has been playing at RB most of the time.....even the last signing is a defensive type of player!!!!

Winning as he did at Burnley and Stoke seems to have convinced him rope-a-dope football was the way forward.

I posed the question back in March: do the players look at the long-haired, Cuban heeled one and take him seriously?

SDM is a limited player, but was he only told to boot the ball up to two blokes who are poor in the air, like the rest if them? Thought the Fulham lad out of position did admirably but any balls into LD and SA need to come in from the wings.

Whatever the tactics were yesterday: giving the oppo so much acreage of prime west London real estate to work in, they could have built two stadiums for us, while simultaneously attacking with the precision of headless chickens, doesn't work. Ewually, the players also need to man the fcuk up too, and take responsibility.

Oh FFS, I - and no doubt many of you - have been writing this same old stuff about QPR for decades now, it will break many soon.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The real problem? on 08:44 - Oct 8 with 1807 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chair isn’t above criticism, but I don’t think it’s fair to mention his name in a thread called ‘the real problem’.
The real problem? on 09:18 - Oct 8 with 1706 viewsjohnhoop

The real problem? on 08:02 - Oct 8 by PlanetHonneywood

I also got a sense many Rfosi - and quite understandibly - have thrown the towel in.

After repeated performances of such glaring ineptitude, players, management, and board members should be vilified for how they've led QPR to the abyss. Again.

No one really wanted him GA back, and while I love his enthusiasm and raw desire to make it work, the challenge is, I'm afraid, beyond him.

QPR need to decide if they want to stay up, in which case Amit goes back on bended knees to Warnock or, we accept relegation now and start rebuilding and preparing from now, with GA.

Place needs a clear out from top to bottom whatever we choose to do!

I agree with your prescription about what needs to be done but I don’t know about supporters “throwing the towel in.”
With the utter sh-tshow that R’s fans have had to endure in home games over the last twelve months, I think the fact that we’re still getting the kinds of crowds we had yesterday and in recent games is pretty amazing and shows a remarkable degree of loyalty.
The real problem? on 09:26 - Oct 8 with 1678 viewsDejR_vu

The real problem? on 09:18 - Oct 8 by johnhoop

I agree with your prescription about what needs to be done but I don’t know about supporters “throwing the towel in.”
With the utter sh-tshow that R’s fans have had to endure in home games over the last twelve months, I think the fact that we’re still getting the kinds of crowds we had yesterday and in recent games is pretty amazing and shows a remarkable degree of loyalty.

Sadly, that loyalty isn’t being rewarded. Perhaps what is needed is for the supporter to stop turning up. All the while the owners are getting such an easy ride, nothing’s going to change. As a fanbase, all this incompetent has been accepted far too readily and as a consequence the decline has continued.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

The real problem? on 09:46 - Oct 8 with 1629 viewsRangersw12

The real problem? on 07:34 - Oct 8 by Esox_Lucius

"I personally think Chair is tossing it off weekly yet gets a free run by most on here."

He's seen more Wycombe games than QPR

Chair is one of the few who does actually care and seems to run double the amount of some of the others

You look at SDM yesterday just jogging back yesterday whilst Blackburn broke through our midfield.
The real problem? on 09:57 - Oct 8 with 1596 viewsToast_R

We have a League One budget and a League One squad. We've been fighting fires since 2015, and two years ago the owners poured alcohol over it hoping it would put the fire out.
The real problem? on 10:26 - Oct 8 with 1475 viewsDorse

We never replaced Dom Ball.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The real problem? on 10:33 - Oct 8 with 1447 viewsNorthantsHoop

In my view it has all gone downhill since we let Warburton and Eustace leave. I doubt we will escape the drop the players and manager are just not good enough for the Championship, our time is up, we are now one of the worst 3 teams in the league. I am a season ticket holder and have seen teams just come and out play us game after game in the last year, was not really convinced by Beale he got lucky. Will be a tough watch in League 1 as well, if we go down would need a total re-set and different types of players.
The real problem? on 10:55 - Oct 8 with 1363 viewspaulparker

The real problem? on 10:33 - Oct 8 by NorthantsHoop

In my view it has all gone downhill since we let Warburton and Eustace leave. I doubt we will escape the drop the players and manager are just not good enough for the Championship, our time is up, we are now one of the worst 3 teams in the league. I am a season ticket holder and have seen teams just come and out play us game after game in the last year, was not really convinced by Beale he got lucky. Will be a tough watch in League 1 as well, if we go down would need a total re-set and different types of players.

Another re set ???
Not with this board the only we way the club will ever move forward is if they sell up move on and we get people who actually know what the fcuk they are doing
Ainsworth goes then what it’s another fella who has to play Kakay , Dozzell and the useless Dykes ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The real problem? on 10:55 - Oct 8 with 1371 viewswesty

The real problem? on 07:34 - Oct 8 by Esox_Lucius

You’ve no idea who I am or what I do or where I do or do not go. Same as you to me. I don’t have to justify myself to you or anybody else for that matter. In my opinion that’s what I think. He’s by far the most technically gifted player yet atm far from the best so he’s not immune from criticism as far as I can see. Sorry if that doesn’t fit or suit your own opinion. Which again is fine. 👍
The real problem? on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 1370 viewswesty

The real problem? on 09:46 - Oct 8 by Rangersw12

Chair is one of the few who does actually care and seems to run double the amount of some of the others

You look at SDM yesterday just jogging back yesterday whilst Blackburn broke through our midfield.

Sorry who’s seen more wycombe games ? I think you may have me confused with someone who you think you know. 👍
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 10:57]
The real problem? on 11:14 - Oct 8 with 1338 viewsParkRoyalR

The real problem? on 09:46 - Oct 8 by Rangersw12

SDM was cramping early in the 2nd Half, I saw this on 55 minutes, I could see he was struggling to provide cover to Larkeche, I could see Blackburn were overloading on this side and were likely to score a 3rd,

So question is, if I could see this from South Africa Road G Block, why could the coaching staff not see it?

I actually saw SDM in the Centre Circle stretching both his calfs around the 60th minute, did the coaching staff not see this?

Beyond clueless, time to go.
The real problem? on 11:35 - Oct 8 with 1299 viewsdaveB

How is Chair getting flack?
Works hard every game, being asked to drop deep and ping 50 yards passes either wide or over the top and he is doing it without kicking off, even in the programme yesterday talking up the manager

The problem is bloody obvious, the manager just isn't good enough, it all starts from that and he's making so many mistakes and not getting the best out of what he has.
The real problem? on 11:43 - Oct 8 with 1259 viewsDejR_vu

The real problem? on 10:26 - Oct 8 by Dorse

We never replaced Dom Ball.

Irreplaceable, to be fair

The real problem? on 12:12 - Oct 8 with 1187 viewsR_from_afar

The real problem? on 11:35 - Oct 8 by daveB

How is Chair getting flack?
Works hard every game, being asked to drop deep and ping 50 yards passes either wide or over the top and he is doing it without kicking off, even in the programme yesterday talking up the manager

The problem is bloody obvious, the manager just isn't good enough, it all starts from that and he's making so many mistakes and not getting the best out of what he has.

Chair is not the main problem and Ainsworth and Dobson are clearly not delivering, but no one is above criticism.

The players need to have some standards and take some responsibility. We've all heard the stories of players at other teams practising and practising things, like free kicks, on their own until they get them right. I don't see why the coaching staff, whoever they are, should take all the blame if these players can't shoot accurately or regularly deliver a set piece properly. Don't our players have any professional pride?

Ainsworth and Dobbo are not stopping the players from sprinting when required or tracking back, or concentrating at the vital moments.

Professional footballers have had years of coaching and know the basic requirements. If they are failing to do them, the coaches should take some, but by no means all, of the blame.

Also, this thing about being played out of position: Yes, ideally you would play everyone in their ideal position but unless a team has two quality players for every position, that is going to be difficult. In addition, most players apart from goalkeepers will have had to play out of position at some point. They should be flexible enough to do a reasonable job if required.

As I said, Chair is not the main problem but look, his last goal is now a distant memory and we have nearly had one quarter of this season.

Not having a go at you, Dave, by the way.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The real problem? on 12:23 - Oct 8 with 1161 viewsdaveB

The real problem? on 12:12 - Oct 8 by R_from_afar

Chair is not the main problem and Ainsworth and Dobson are clearly not delivering, but no one is above criticism.

The players need to have some standards and take some responsibility. We've all heard the stories of players at other teams practising and practising things, like free kicks, on their own until they get them right. I don't see why the coaching staff, whoever they are, should take all the blame if these players can't shoot accurately or regularly deliver a set piece properly. Don't our players have any professional pride?

Ainsworth and Dobbo are not stopping the players from sprinting when required or tracking back, or concentrating at the vital moments.

Professional footballers have had years of coaching and know the basic requirements. If they are failing to do them, the coaches should take some, but by no means all, of the blame.

Also, this thing about being played out of position: Yes, ideally you would play everyone in their ideal position but unless a team has two quality players for every position, that is going to be difficult. In addition, most players apart from goalkeepers will have had to play out of position at some point. They should be flexible enough to do a reasonable job if required.

As I said, Chair is not the main problem but look, his last goal is now a distant memory and we have nearly had one quarter of this season.

Not having a go at you, Dave, by the way.

We had 2 right backs on the bench yesterday, one in the stand also had Smyth and Adomah who can play wing back, was no excuse yesterday for putting Larkeshe at right back

I'm not suggesting for a second the players are blameless, the whole thing is a mess but Ainsworth is just not working, it's getting worse with every game
Lost 8 of our 12 games this season
The real problem? on 12:30 - Oct 8 with 1132 viewsDejR_vu

Laying blame at Chair’s door is like blaming the pumps for not keeping the Titanic afloat.

The real problem? on 13:13 - Oct 8 with 1064 viewsR_from_afar

I think another issue could be that some of the squad were here when Beale had us top of the league.

As I have said, our current coaches are not delivering but I wonder if this has resulted in some of our players becoming a bit complacent.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The real problem? on 13:26 - Oct 8 with 1007 viewsNed_Kennedys

The real problem? on 12:30 - Oct 8 by DejR_vu

Laying blame at Chair’s door is like blaming the pumps for not keeping the Titanic afloat.

Have you bothered reading the posts about Chair? No-one is ‘laying the blame’ on Chair but he is well below his best this season, as are a few others.
He was hopeless yesterday.
The real problem? on 13:39 - Oct 8 with 984 viewsmart_Goblin

The real problem? on 13:26 - Oct 8 by Ned_Kennedys

Have you bothered reading the posts about Chair? No-one is ‘laying the blame’ on Chair but he is well below his best this season, as are a few others.

Yes he was poor yesterday and not just yesterday either . He is certainly not above criticism and him holding on to the ball too long isn’t just a recent thing . He’s been driving my nuts for years doing that .
Where I think people find it hard to criticise him is a) he very rarely puts anything less than 110% into any game when others clearly don’t. He is never afraid of showing for the ball deep in dangerous areas when others clearly don’t . And most importantly, he isn’t being used to any of his attributes . He is either being asked to try and pass the ball 60 yards or he is watching the ball go over his head . I dint blame him for looking frustrated and angry .

I joked yesterday that over the last couple of games he seems to have retracted into Willock …and Willock has retracted into Taylor Richards …and Richards into oblivion it seems.

My point being that people are accusing him of ‘tossing it off’ which I think most feel is a little harsh compared to some of the others that haven’t been named .
And yes he’s been poor..no question…but maybe there are good reasons that the management have to take responsibility for .
The real problem? on 13:48 - Oct 8 with 966 viewsDejR_vu

The real problem? on 13:26 - Oct 8 by Ned_Kennedys

🤣

Okay, let me re-phrase that for you:

Criticising Chair is like criticising the pumps for not keeping the Titanic afloat.

Is that okay?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 13:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024