Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney @ Brum 21:52 - Oct 25 with 12312 viewsNoDiddley

High profile appointment going well.
Rooney @ Brum on 22:26 - Oct 25 with 7344 viewsOakR

I wonder what Tom Brady thinks, and if he invested in the wrong team!

Rooney working wonders - from 6th to 12th in 2 games! But Eustace is enjoying a few drinks from his payoff at home watching it!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Rooney @ Brum on 22:28 - Oct 25 with 7336 viewsted_hendrix

I hope Rooney fails massively, having said that QPR are no position to take the piss out of any club so I'll keep my powder dry at the moment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rooney @ Brum on 06:11 - Oct 26 with 7117 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Surely Lampard's agent is readying himself to offer his client's services.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rooney @ Brum on 06:48 - Oct 26 with 7098 viewsPaddyhoops

He’ll be heading to Saudi to manage in front of 500 spectators.
It’s his level.
Rooney @ Brum on 09:53 - Oct 26 with 6900 viewscyprusmel

Looking at the Small Heath fan site it seems they were booing at half time and booing at full time, many of their faithful do not agree with the appointment of Mr Rooney.
I think if I were a Brum fan, I would have the same reservations.
Owner coming in for a lot of stick as well.
Rooney @ Brum on 10:53 - Oct 26 with 6849 viewsDesertBoot

Zola 2.0

Wish I could be like David Watts

Rooney @ Brum on 10:55 - Oct 26 with 6833 viewsNorthernr

They deserve that to go wrong.

Quite apart from everything else, the general consensus was that what good Rooney did at Derby (and they got relegated losing 9 away games on the spin to finish with) was driven by Liam Rosenior, ironically the guy who took them to school last night.

I think Rosenior is the real deal. Isn't getting a lot of attention because he's at Hull but he's great.
Rooney @ Brum on 10:58 - Oct 26 with 6816 viewsTK1

Rooney @ Brum on 10:55 - Oct 26 by Northernr

Quite apart from everything else, the general consensus was that what good Rooney did at Derby (and they got relegated losing 9 away games on the spin to finish with) was driven by Liam Rosenior, ironically the guy who took them to school last night.

I think Rosenior is the real deal. Isn't getting a lot of attention because he's at Hull but he's great.

Agree, especially considering what he took over. Really impressive character. He'd have been great at QPR.
Login to get fewer ads

Rooney @ Brum on 11:07 - Oct 26 with 6776 viewsted_hendrix

The Blues have now dropped all the way down to 12th but Rooney, 38, believes his side are on a "learning curve" and will improve as time goes on. Speaking to the BBC, he said: "There were some good moments but we created problems for ourselves, giving the ball away too cheaply.
"And the really disappointing thing was that, after the second goal, I didn't see a response and I've told the players that. That last 10 minutes or so told me a lot. It was a concern for me and it's something that won't happen again. We have to be patient - and we will get there. At the minute, we're on a learning curve."

Rooney was told to "F*** off back to America" by one Birmingham fan, according to ESPN, after he switched Major League Soccer side DC United for Birmingham as he moved back to English football. Visiting Hull supporters also taunted Rooney and chanted "you're getting sacking in the morning".
Asked on the support from disgruntled fans, Rooney said in his press conference: "It's part of football. You need to win games to change that. The former manager was very popular and did a good job. But do you want to be where the club has been for 10 years?

"We’re asking players to do different things. I can deal with that. It’s part of my job. Maybe I’ve asked the players to do too much. I’m getting to know them. We'll get that right."

"I've spoken to the lads and asked them to be honest with me," Rooney added. "I want them to change from being on the back foot to being more front-footed. I want the centre-halves and midfielders to get us playing. And they didn’t look comfortable. I want them to be honest. If they feel that they can’t do it, we can adapt.

"It's something for me to look at. Am I asking too much too soon? It's my job to fix it. I need to come up with a way of playing but implementing how I want to play."

Rooney @ Brum on 11:42 - Oct 26 with 6697 viewsJuzzie

Media waxing lyrical at the time how good Rooney was at Derby what with transfer restrictions etc blah blah blah.

No, he had a decent enough team (Allsop, Curtis Davies, Bielik, Tom Lawrence, Ravel Morrison (sic) etc) that would only have finished 17th (I think) but for the points deduction.

He wasn't any good at DC United, who he left 'mutually'.

Still gets a job though.
Rooney @ Brum on 12:02 - Oct 26 with 6636 viewskingsburyR

Rooney was getting dogs abuse after his first home game.

Shame that!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rooney @ Brum on 13:31 - Oct 28 with 6209 viewsmart_Goblin

2-0 down at Southampton and watching them reminds me of us last season.

Going well and for whatever reason the coach is gone and all of a sudden a group of footballers is now sulking. Individually they look like they are trying and caring but collectively they have thrown it in the bin. Yearning for ‘daddy’ like our lot were. And who sits among the kiddywinks crying and sucking their thumbs …yep Roberts and Laird.
Rooney @ Brum on 13:47 - Oct 28 with 6170 viewsDejR_vu

Rooney @ Brum on 12:02 - Oct 26 by kingsburyR

Rooney was getting dogs abuse after his first home game.

Shame that!!

Can you imagine the reaction on here if that had happened here?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Rooney @ Brum on 14:04 - Oct 28 with 6114 viewscharmr

I’m watching the game and the commentator is Rooney this, Rooney that. Southampton scored panned straight to Rooney. Birmingham score, its Birminghams first goal under Rooney. It really is a warped narrative by the media.

If he came to us I would be taking a hiatus untill he left. Wrong and fcuked up on so many levels.

Said before he got banned in the dc/Maryland area by the league his son played in from watching his games. That’s a big deal here. First time I’ve ever known this to happen here.
Rooney @ Brum on 14:12 - Oct 28 with 6085 viewsSK_hoops

Rooney @ Brum on 14:04 - Oct 28 by charmr

I’m watching the game and the commentator is Rooney this, Rooney that. Southampton scored panned straight to Rooney. Birmingham score, its Birminghams first goal under Rooney. It really is a warped narrative by the media.

If he came to us I would be taking a hiatus untill he left. Wrong and fcuked up on so many levels.

Said before he got banned in the dc/Maryland area by the league his son played in from watching his games. That’s a big deal here. First time I’ve ever known this to happen here.

Why was he banned?
Rooney @ Brum on 14:18 - Oct 28 with 6044 viewscharmr

Shouting and screaming from the sidelines and abusing match officials
Rooney @ Brum on 14:23 - Oct 28 with 6023 viewscharmr

I referee a lot of games here and the English coaches with their Sunday pub league mentality are constantly yipping from the sidelines all game. I told one of them once to stop the Mike Bassett act.
Rooney @ Brum on 14:30 - Oct 28 with 6003 viewsted_hendrix

First three games since he took over and they've lost them all.

Potato head Is back In town.

Rooney @ Brum on 14:47 - Oct 28 with 5945 viewsmart_Goblin

Rooney @ Brum on 14:18 - Oct 28 by charmr

Shouting and screaming from the sidelines and abusing match officials

He doesn’t even do that as coach
Rooney @ Brum on 07:36 - Oct 29 with 5530 viewsThe_Beast1976

Rooney @ Brum on 14:30 - Oct 28 by ted_hendrix

First three games since he took over and they've lost them all.

Potato head Is back In town.

It's brilliant. Long may it continue
Rooney @ Brum on 08:03 - Oct 29 with 5475 viewsbosh67

Rooney @ Brum on 10:55 - Oct 26 by Northernr

Totally agree. Rosenior is quietly building up his credentials as an excellent manager. Rooney was a wonderful player, no doubt about that but he’s very much in the Lampard area of not looking up to it as a manager. I don’t blame him for taking the job but I hope that the Birmingham owner’s ‘born winner’ bollox comes home to bite them. Treated Eustace dreadfully.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rooney @ Brum on 21:20 - Nov 29 with 5007 viewsthame_hoops

I wonder how much patience the owners will have with Rooney?
Rooney @ Brum on 21:33 - Nov 29 with 4856 viewsWatford_Ranger

3-2 now and Birmingham all over them apparently.
Rooney @ Brum on 21:38 - Nov 29 with 4806 viewsterryb

Now 4-2
Rooney @ Brum on 02:06 - Nov 30 with 4450 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Long may the Rooney revolution continue. I'm lovin' it.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 2:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024