Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you'd forgotten played for us 19:31 - Nov 20 with 14650 viewsstainrods_elbow

Jordon Mutch (2014-15, 9 apps).

What was all that about

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 07:17 - Nov 21 with 2153 viewsGaryBannister86

Yun Suk Young (genuinely no recollection)
Carl Leaburn
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 08:53 - Nov 21 with 2072 viewsSydneyRs

Sammy Lee
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 09:01 - Nov 21 with 2063 viewsBluce_Ree

That f**king guy, you know... the one with the thing or whatever....

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 09:02 - Nov 21 with 2063 viewsflynnbo

Mikkel Beck.
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 10:05 - Nov 21 with 1996 viewsCamberleyR

Romone Rose.

Apparently made one sub appearance in the last home game of 2007/08 season against West Brom, three more sub appearances in 08/09, one more sub app in the last home game against Newcastle in 09/10.

That was that until we released him on a free in summer 2011...

After that he knocked around the non league scene for seven years. It seems even back then we were keeping youngsters on the books that hadn't a hope in hell of making it at the club.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 10:10]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 10:09 - Nov 21 with 1979 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Tamás Priskin

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 10:11 - Nov 21 with 1972 viewsslmrstid

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 21:23 - Nov 20 by Superhoop83

Richard Johnson.

I can recall just about everyone who has ever played from us since 1978, going back to the days of Ernie Howe, Rachid Harkouk and Dave McCreery. I also think that the 2003/04 season may have been the one when I attended most QPR matches.

However, I have no recollection of Richard Johnson joining us, playing for us or leaving us, even though he was part of a famous QPR team, in two divisions.

Utterly bizarre.

In fairness to your memory he was only with us about 6 months. Signed quite late on in the season in 03/04 to bolster the squad, had Watford connections so no doubt Kenny Jackett was involved in it.

Left only a few months into the 04/05 season. Played 18 times according to Wikipedia.
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 10:13 - Nov 21 with 1960 viewsMrSheen

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 23:21 - Nov 20 by CiderwithRsie

One that came back to me the other day: Mark Stein

Bit of a different one from the others in that at the time I thought he was decent and would be the one most likely to replace Banno, but it never quite worked out for him with us unlike most of his other clubs.

(I blame Jm Smith, but then I always do about almost everything. Bastard made it rain all day yesterday.)

Didn’t we swap him with Oxford for the Bard? If so, we did OK out of him.
Login to get fewer ads

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 10:25 - Nov 21 with 1938 viewsCateLeBonR

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 10:09 - Nov 21 by Metallica_Hoop

Tamás Priskin

Oh god. I remember him! There’s a 6 foot square area of grass at the Loftus Road end that he made his own. About 10 yards outside the box to the left of the D. He never left it once. Think we should sell the naming rights “the Priskin Patch”

Mine is Scott Sinclair. Sure I’ve seen him play against us loads of times but I have no recollection of him wearing our shirt. 9 appearances and 1 goal apparently.
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 11:14 - Nov 21 with 1876 viewshamptonhillhoop

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 23:26 - Nov 20 by QPunkR

Yeah I noticed when he was being interviewed the other week with his son playing in the FA Cup against Charlton, and he had what I swore was a Rangers black and grey hooped away shirt hanging in the background in his room with no name but number 38. Had to check on wikipedia and he did indeed have that number while on loan that season! I’d completely forgotten him turning out for us
[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 23:59]

That's exactly what reminded me!
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 11:24 - Nov 21 with 1857 viewsTheChef

Inigo Idiakez.

Brilliant yet forgettable.

And currently Villa's U21 coach, randomly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C3%B1igo_Idiakez

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 11:59 - Nov 21 with 1800 viewsmacclesfieldman

Ossie Ardiles

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 12:05 - Nov 21 with 1793 viewsloftboy

Erm, if we are naming them then surely we haven’t forgotten them?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 12:09 - Nov 21 with 1786 viewsDiscodroids

Andy King.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 12:40 - Nov 21 with 1726 viewsCamberleyR

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 12:09 - Nov 21 by Discodroids

Andy King.

Thought he was a great signing at the time and he had a decent first season.

Played the first four games of the 81/82 season, scored three goals (first QPR player to score on the plastic pitch) and then sold to West Brom though we pretty much got our money back.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 12:49 - Nov 21 with 1700 viewsMonkey_Roots

Vinnie Jones?
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 12:59 - Nov 21 with 1673 viewsDannyPaddox

This is a name I genuinely forgot. Was having a 10k run with a Rangers mate who is a non-league expert. I mentioned going to a pre-season friendly at Enfield Town in which we lost 2-1 despite fielding 2 international players who had appeared in World Cup qualifying games. The one I remembered was Sandro. The other I knew was Hungarian and I vaguely remember he had an unfortunate surname. I spent most of the run trying to recall the name. Then around 9km I declared - I’ve got it it - Balzsac (Ball-Sack) yes Balzsac - that was him. I don’t remember him, says my mate. Only played a few games I replied. I found out some time later I was thinking of Tőzsér (Tosser).
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 13:01]
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:01 - Nov 21 with 1671 viewsterryb

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 12:05 - Nov 21 by loftboy

Erm, if we are naming them then surely we haven’t forgotten them?

Obviously I've not totally forgotten him, but I had to check the name of the player!

Dave Metchick, our only pre season signing for our assault on the first divison in 1968. One of the many players we've signed from Peterborough that hasn't worked for us!

He made three appearances for us before leaving for the USA in 1970. All were as a substitute, including one of the four victories that season against Sheffield Wednesday. He even scored for us in a 1-1 draw at Charlton the following season.
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:08 - Nov 21 with 1658 viewsTwoHalves

No recollection of a Joel Lynch Boxing Day appearance.
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:16 - Nov 21 with 1640 viewscaliforniahoop

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 08:53 - Nov 21 by SydneyRs

Sammy Lee

Sammy was levels above anything else we had at the time.
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:16 - Nov 21 with 1640 viewscaliforniahoop

Vaguely think I remember?
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:18 - Nov 21 with 1627 viewscaliforniahoop

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:16 - Nov 21 by californiahoop

Vaguely think I remember?

Just realised, I was thinking about another player called Mutch
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:23 - Nov 21 with 1616 viewsnumptydumpty

Luke Young

Peter Reid

Neil "Razor" Ruddock
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 13:24]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:31 - Nov 21 with 1593 viewsTwoHalves

Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:18 - Nov 21 by californiahoop

Just realised, I was thinking about another player called Mutch

All Mutch of a Mutchness really
Players you'd forgotten played for us on 13:32 - Nov 21 with 1589 viewshubble

Mutch ado about nothing, shirley?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024