Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liked Anderson 17:33 - Feb 10 with 6914 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought Anderson looked a bit of class when he came on, lovely cross for Frey equaliser, who took that well. Overall good performance today, always feel if we get ahead won't lose and so it proved.
Liked Anderson on 18:22 - Feb 10 with 4347 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

He looks like he is on a different level to everyone else. Calm on the ball, and a couple of passes that broke the line, and an assist.
Liked Anderson on 18:31 - Feb 10 with 4252 viewswelwynranger

Agreed he played really well.
Nice to see a really calm player betwwen midfield and attack.
And he can cross a ball.
Reminded me of Tommy Fleetwood🏌‍♀️
Liked Anderson on 18:35 - Feb 10 with 4201 viewsBoston

Liked Anderson on 18:31 - Feb 10 by welwynranger

Agreed he played really well.
Nice to see a really calm player betwwen midfield and attack.
And he can cross a ball.
Reminded me of Tommy Fleetwood🏌‍♀️

Reminded me of Padula.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Liked Anderson on 18:36 - Feb 10 with 4199 viewsCopenhagenRs

Yes - he surely did not look out of place. Its clear to see that he is an experienced head. A former captain. He clearly told Frey where to run and what to do on several occasions. But he is probably not fit to play 90 minutes.
Liked Anderson on 18:43 - Feb 10 with 4139 viewssdm1508

I thought Hodge lookes a lot like Chair but with a bit more about him in defence and and more strength. Also seems to know that sometimes better to pass the ball early. For me Chair still hold on to the ball too long and tries to do to much. Andersen looks like he has that bit of cunning and guile to open a defence. Hayden just strolled that game and a great addition. Not quite sure when everyone is fit who plays in the side. A nice problem to have though
Liked Anderson on 18:46 - Feb 10 with 4108 viewsMatch82

Agree, thought he was very good when he came on
Liked Anderson on 18:49 - Feb 10 with 4067 viewsPaddyhoops

Liked Anderson on 18:43 - Feb 10 by sdm1508

I thought Hodge lookes a lot like Chair but with a bit more about him in defence and and more strength. Also seems to know that sometimes better to pass the ball early. For me Chair still hold on to the ball too long and tries to do to much. Andersen looks like he has that bit of cunning and guile to open a defence. Hayden just strolled that game and a great addition. Not quite sure when everyone is fit who plays in the side. A nice problem to have though

Spot on .
Liked Anderson on 18:57 - Feb 10 with 3942 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Good debut. What he lacked in engine he more than made up for in composure and quality. Will be interesting to see how he develops as he gets more minutes under his belt.
Login to get fewer ads

Liked Anderson on 19:11 - Feb 10 with 3876 viewsHAYESBOY

He looks like a useful player. Good on the ball, an eye for a pass. Maybe the number 10 we have been looking for to link well with the midfield.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Liked Anderson on 19:37 - Feb 10 with 3730 viewsHunterhoop

Liked Anderson on 18:43 - Feb 10 by sdm1508

Great post. But it is a no brainer for me. I’d have Field over Colback every week. Sargent ran off Colback all game. Could have led to several goals. He was also slow to get out to their first. Hayden and Field would make us very hard to beat IMO.

Hodge looks class though. Utter class. He will be some player. He has understand the biggest lesson Chair is still working on: move it quickly and let the ball do the work.

Anderson looked good technically but abbot clueless positionally. Am sure that will come.

Shout out to Cook again. F*ck off out of my pub.
Liked Anderson on 19:38 - Feb 10 with 3724 viewsP3nnyw1se

Lucas Andersen can be everything or nothing at QRP

I'm Danish a fan of AaB and saw his debut when he was just 16. Making him the youngest in 80 years or so.

One of the technically most gifted players ever in the Danish League he was good enough to play for Ajax and had a 10 million pound price tag 4 years ago when FCK wanted him. 

Also earned him a spot on the national side.

He had injuries and never found his rhythm again in AaB..
On his best days he belongs in Champions league
On his worst days he is league 1.. 

​​​​​​​Either way a very sympathetic earth bound family man, always a role model to young players.
Liked Anderson on 19:41 - Feb 10 with 3667 viewsDorse

Liked Anderson on 19:37 - Feb 10 by Hunterhoop

Great post. But it is a no brainer for me. I’d have Field over Colback every week. Sargent ran off Colback all game. Could have led to several goals. He was also slow to get out to their first. Hayden and Field would make us very hard to beat IMO.

Hodge looks class though. Utter class. He will be some player. He has understand the biggest lesson Chair is still working on: move it quickly and let the ball do the work.

Anderson looked good technically but abbot clueless positionally. Am sure that will come.

Gertcha cow-son, gertcha.

I love a head-it-kick-it centreback. No frills: just attacking the ball like it owes you money.

Edit: Macca, Big Dan, yes. Zesh? Not so much. You get the idea.
[Post edited 10 Feb 19:43]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Liked Anderson on 19:45 - Feb 10 with 3614 viewssdm1508

It seemed to be that Hayden was holding his position and Colback was rushing around and closing down. Can Field do that or does he have to be the one shielding?
Liked Anderson on 19:51 - Feb 10 with 3560 viewsHunterhoop

Liked Anderson on 19:45 - Feb 10 by sdm1508

It seemed to be that Hayden was holding his position and Colback was rushing around and closing down. Can Field do that or does he have to be the one shielding?

I think he can (and does) do it better than Colback.

More tackles than anyone in the league last year or the year before. You don’t do that by just sitting.

Colback also sold himself many times (6 by my count). We can’t afford that.

Colback has his upsides. I think was positive about his signing. I still think he’s decent.

I just think people hugely undervalue Field off the ball. Goals conceded in open play under Marti, with him on the pitch? It’s like 1 in the 2. It’s higher when he isn’t there.
Liked Anderson on 20:00 - Feb 10 with 3492 viewskarlski

Great ball for goal and good feet, passing, vision. Definitely will be knocked about a bit physically, and I don't think he has any pace whatsoever, but very solid addition.

Hodge for me looks totally class - still young and a few poor decisions, but great control, great touch on his short passing, good vision, can always see a pass, energetic, calm, looks to get forward.

Maybe got a tad lost a few times today but positioning will improve as he plays in the team more.

Would be very excited as a long term player for us - if he was ours!
Liked Anderson on 20:04 - Feb 10 with 3422 viewsCateLeBonR

Liked Anderson on 18:35 - Feb 10 by Boston

Reminded me of Padula.

Jeff Hendrick on speed.
Liked Anderson on 20:39 - Feb 10 with 3210 viewsNorthantsHoop

Liked Anderson on 20:00 - Feb 10 by karlski

Great ball for goal and good feet, passing, vision. Definitely will be knocked about a bit physically, and I don't think he has any pace whatsoever, but very solid addition.

Hodge for me looks totally class - still young and a few poor decisions, but great control, great touch on his short passing, good vision, can always see a pass, energetic, calm, looks to get forward.

Maybe got a tad lost a few times today but positioning will improve as he plays in the team more.

Would be very excited as a long term player for us - if he was ours!

Hodge looked very good as well, more game time and a real prospect. Hayden just seemed to fit in well as well.
Liked Anderson on 20:44 - Feb 10 with 3159 viewsbaz_qpr

That pass for the goal was something else, literally planted it on Frey's foot
Liked Anderson on 21:43 - Feb 10 with 2935 viewsstainrods_elbow

Liked Anderson on 20:44 - Feb 10 by baz_qpr

That pass for the goal was something else, literally planted it on Frey's foot

If he'd literally planted it, wouldn't he be a gardener?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Liked Anderson on 22:00 - Feb 10 with 2862 viewsBurnleyhoop

Liked Anderson on 19:51 - Feb 10 by Hunterhoop

I think he can (and does) do it better than Colback.

More tackles than anyone in the league last year or the year before. You don’t do that by just sitting.

Colback also sold himself many times (6 by my count). We can’t afford that.

Colback has his upsides. I think was positive about his signing. I still think he’s decent.

I just think people hugely undervalue Field off the ball. Goals conceded in open play under Marti, with him on the pitch? It’s like 1 in the 2. It’s higher when he isn’t there.

Field has no offensive strengths whatsoever and shielding the defence along with playing sideways and backwards passes has contributed to our non existing attacking intent over the last 12 months.
Dozzell beside him just compounded the problem.

Personally, I prefer Colback. Good engine, tenacious and has now contributed 4 goals from midfield. Both prone to stupid yellow cards so will no doubt share the midfield enforcer duties.

Hodge and Anderson both look quality and are likely to displace Dykes and Willock.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today and look forward to watching us for the rest of the season. Bizarre how things have shifted almost overnight, loving it.
Liked Anderson on 22:13 - Feb 10 with 2764 viewsBklynRanger

Andersen also had a pleasingly madcap approach to the physical requirements - launched himself into one tackle on the Ellerslie side, shoved somebody in the back on the LR side. Seemed to enjoy himself. He'll be twisting nipples next week.
Liked Anderson on 22:16 - Feb 10 with 2736 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he looked nice and composed, nice cross for the equaliser.

Has to be said that we haven't seen him going backwards yet. Last week when we were defending, Frey was unimpressive, I felt, today he was impressive when we pushed up and he (and Andersen) were playing on the front foot.

Still, lovely to see good signs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Liked Anderson on 22:58 - Feb 10 with 2553 viewsMick_S

Accidentally down arrowed you there mate.
[Post edited 10 Feb 22:59]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Liked Anderson on 04:17 - Feb 11 with 2171 viewsPlanetHonneywood

From reading the above posts, I assuume he performed above the median as a line-breaking 10 specifically for our possession-based 4-3-3 conceptual shape.

Suddenly, Nourryspeak makes so much sense.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Liked Anderson on 06:27 - Feb 11 with 2067 viewsWatfordR

I see gazza hasn't been on here yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024