Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. 08:02 - Feb 12 with 51388 viewsGruntfuttock

Never started one before...never even thought of it. But the new QPR calls for a new thread starter...I'm going 2-1 to us (not exactly a massacre, but it'll do)
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 09:55 - Feb 14 with 2921 viewsHooparoo

I think this game is pivotal. Lose and we’re cast adrift but win and the confidence and psychological boost we will get will be massive in the context of our season. Come on you Rsss!!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 09:58 - Feb 14 with 2910 viewsTheChef

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 09:55 - Feb 14 by Hooparoo

I think this game is pivotal. Lose and we’re cast adrift but win and the confidence and psychological boost we will get will be massive in the context of our season. Come on you Rsss!!

I don't think it's exactly life or death - but we can't keep passing up opportunities to get out of the bottom three.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 10:06 - Feb 14 with 2891 viewspaulparker

The footballing Gods have never been kind to us and with Dozzell netting the winner last night I have a real horrible feeling about later

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 11:04 - Feb 14 with 2819 viewsstevec

Likewise, I’m not feeling it about tonight.

I’ll be over the moon with a point, keeps us in touch and they’ll be plenty of games in April where the oppo will be on the beach.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 11:57 - Feb 14 with 2761 viewsderbyhoop

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 19:38 - Feb 13 by Superhoops2808

Eh? I thought as posted by someone else it was Simon Royce?

Meant to quote your mention of Jake Cole?
[Post edited 13 Feb 19:39]

My bad. Jake Cole was the Rangers player punished for trying to defend Royce from that thug.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 12:11 - Feb 14 with 2722 viewsCamberleyR

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:47 - Feb 13 by derbyhoop

It was. Jake Cole was in goal for us.
Not sure if it wasnt the year Birch got Gerry Taggart sent off?

Simon Royce. Cole was on the bench.
https://www.11v11.com/matches/stoke-city-v-queens-park-rangers-03-december-2005-

The season before was when Birch got Taggart sent off
https://www.11v11.com/matches/stoke-city-v-queens-park-rangers-02-october-2004-2
[Post edited 14 Feb 12:15]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 12:34 - Feb 14 with 2678 viewskensalriser

Despite the doom-laden apprehension here, predictors are just over 60% away win. Comfortable with that, I always think 70%+ QPR win spells certain defeat.
[Post edited 14 Feb 12:34]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 12:46 - Feb 14 with 2650 viewsTheChef

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 11:57 - Feb 14 by derbyhoop

My bad. Jake Cole was the Rangers player punished for trying to defend Royce from that thug.

Probably the only useful thing he did while at the club!

Login to get fewer ads

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 13:05 - Feb 14 with 2605 viewsbosh67

This has all the makings of a disappointing night for us. Stoke bang out of form and the fans turning on them. We are generally very generous in these situations. Again, not losing is key.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 13:06 - Feb 14 with 2605 viewsToast_R

This is classic QPR territory. Comfortable win for Stoke
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 13:33 - Feb 14 with 2526 viewsCLAREMAN1995

This page has really taken the mood down with most saying Stoke will win.
I strongly believe this QPR team are ready to go on a run here to get out of the frying pan and off to safety.
You cannot overlook that comeback Saturday it looked dead and buired and like the Huddersfield game it will be massive.
Stoke City 0 QPR 2
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 13:35 - Feb 14 with 2521 viewsLblock

With every passing hour towards KO it feels like this one is more and more pivotal

Win this and I’ll go from “absolutely relegated” to “almost certainly going down”
Draw and I’ll simply order the line and silk lining for the box
Lose it and it’s League One road maps all round

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:12 - Feb 14 with 2438 viewsFDC

23.45 midweek KO for me, done my best clear my desk in work tomorrow, and as luck would have it wife and kids are flying back to UK tonight, I reckon I can drop them at the airport and get back just in time to crack open a beer before it starts
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:23 - Feb 14 with 2401 viewsrbee

Tonight's game is there to win. Our squad has greatly improved in the past two weeks and Saturday's performance against a good Norwich side showed what we are capable off.

New CEO, new manager, new players, I don't expect to see Benevolent Park Rangers again this season.

Unless Colback gets sent off direct from the kick off, Chair pulls a hamstring helping Colback off the pitch and the Ref awards Stoke two dodgy penalties we should be collecting three points tonight as Leicester and Birmingham have recently.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:24 - Feb 14 with 2400 viewsfrancisbowles

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:12 - Feb 14 by FDC

23.45 midweek KO for me, done my best clear my desk in work tomorrow, and as luck would have it wife and kids are flying back to UK tonight, I reckon I can drop them at the airport and get back just in time to crack open a beer before it starts

Enjoy your late night, hopefully you can have a celebratory last drink before bed.

I am nervously waiting on team news. Hoping that both CBS and the two newbies in midfield can start. Who drops out of the 18 for Field? I would say Fox but maybe Larkeche if JCS is not fully recovered.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:35 - Feb 14 with 2378 viewsJAPRANGERS

This game’s got 5-5 written all over it, init? 😳
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:45 - Feb 14 with 2321 viewsnumptydumpty

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:35 - Feb 14 by JAPRANGERS

This game’s got 5-5 written all over it, init? 😳

🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:53 - Feb 14 with 2299 viewskensalriser

Queens Park Rangers.

Five Wembley (or equivalent) finals, one win.
Lost twice to Swindon in their one and only season in the top flight.
Lost three times to Peterborough in a season they got relegated.
Eliminated from the FA Cup by a works team.

That's who we are, that's what we do.

But none of that has any effect on tonight's result.

Rangers to stick Stoke's heads down their own toilets. Stoke 1-3 R's

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:55 - Feb 14 with 2293 viewsNorthantsHoop

Decent record at Stoke in recent years, let's get a goal up and push on. Feel if we get in front then we have a great chance of a positive result. Just keep adding points even a draw is fine tonight.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 15:18 - Feb 14 with 2249 viewsTheChef

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:55 - Feb 14 by NorthantsHoop

Decent record at Stoke in recent years, let's get a goal up and push on. Feel if we get in front then we have a great chance of a positive result. Just keep adding points even a draw is fine tonight.

Suffice to say this team needs to score first to have any chance of a win.

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 15:53 - Feb 14 with 2157 viewsCamberleyR

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 14:53 - Feb 14 by kensalriser

Queens Park Rangers.

Five Wembley (or equivalent) finals, one win.
Lost twice to Swindon in their one and only season in the top flight.
Lost three times to Peterborough in a season they got relegated.
Eliminated from the FA Cup by a works team.

That's who we are, that's what we do.

But none of that has any effect on tonight's result.

Rangers to stick Stoke's heads down their own toilets. Stoke 1-3 R's

"Five Wembley (or equivalent) finals, one win"

Six finals (67, 82 x2, 86, 03, 14), two wins, Shirley? 1967 and 2014? Unless you're counting '82 as one game?

To add to the list there's also being one of only two teams in European tournament football to lose a tie after a four goal first leg lead... (La Chaux-de-Fonds in the 61/62 Cup Winners Cup the other team if anyone was interested).
[Post edited 14 Feb 16:49]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 17:07 - Feb 14 with 2001 viewskensalriser

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 15:53 - Feb 14 by CamberleyR

"Five Wembley (or equivalent) finals, one win"

Six finals (67, 82 x2, 86, 03, 14), two wins, Shirley? 1967 and 2014? Unless you're counting '82 as one game?

To add to the list there's also being one of only two teams in European tournament football to lose a tie after a four goal first leg lead... (La Chaux-de-Fonds in the 61/62 Cup Winners Cup the other team if anyone was interested).
[Post edited 14 Feb 16:49]

You're quite right, Cambs. In my defence one of them happened before my conscious memory and another never happened at all.

But two wins. Things are already looking up.

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 17:41 - Feb 14 with 1903 viewsHarbour

2-2 keeps us in bottom 3 but keeps us 3 behind Stoke and maybe 1 behind Huddersfield if Beale does us a favour…it’s the hope that kills you …a win I am opening the brandy!
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 18:53 - Feb 14 with 1537 viewsHAYESBOY

Strong bench.

Smells like a trout farm in here

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 18:56 - Feb 14 with 1403 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024