Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City fans forum 15:34 - Feb 13 with 7256 viewsDoudou87

Just had a little nosey to see the general mood/expectations ahead of Wednesdays trip. Its like reading our threads at the tail end of GA's reign. Tired and negative comments, sounds as if things don't go their way early doors they could turn on their own players, a lot seem to be relying heavily on the atmosphere to influence the result. A bright start from the R's and I believe we can come away with an empathic win! Come on you RRRRRRR's!

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Stoke City fans forum on 15:44 - Feb 13 with 4268 viewsNorthernr

I don't like it one bit.
Stoke City fans forum on 17:24 - Feb 13 with 3994 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The 'bright start' bit doesn't ring true does it
Stoke City fans forum on 17:26 - Feb 13 with 3961 viewsBoston

Stoke City fans forum on 17:24 - Feb 13 by CroydonCaptJack

The 'bright start' bit doesn't ring true does it

True, all I care about is a bright result.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stoke City fans forum on 17:27 - Feb 13 with 3965 viewsRangersw12

Stoke City fans forum on 15:44 - Feb 13 by Northernr

I don't like it one bit.

It's got 2-0 Stoke written all over it šŸ˜¬
Stoke City fans forum on 17:37 - Feb 13 with 3888 viewsBurnleyhoop

Just read that they have had a ā€œhonestā€ meeting to get issues out in the open. This can have a galvanising effect on the team/squad so we can expect them to raise their game.

A solid start and an early goal would likely take the wind out of their sails. We need to be at our best tomorrow. A big game and a lot at stake.
Stoke City fans forum on 17:38 - Feb 13 with 3884 viewsNorthantsHoop

We have tended to do well there in recent seasons, especially remember the magic Eze goal in 2019 and the joy in the away end. But with us desperate for a win to claw our way out of the bottom three it could just be another one of those banana skin games where we slip up, but I hope not.
Stoke City fans forum on 17:48 - Feb 13 with 3818 viewswortonr

Iā€™m actually having a zoom type chat with a good mate whoā€™s a Stoke season ticket holder. Iā€™ll relay the mid from a fellow proper fan in due course!
Stoke City fans forum on 17:49 - Feb 13 with 3809 viewsE15Hoop

Stoke City fans forum on 17:38 - Feb 13 by NorthantsHoop

We have tended to do well there in recent seasons, especially remember the magic Eze goal in 2019 and the joy in the away end. But with us desperate for a win to claw our way out of the bottom three it could just be another one of those banana skin games where we slip up, but I hope not.

Take the Blackburn game, rinse and repeat, and we'll be fine.

We already know how Schuhmacher ideally wants his team to play from the Plymouth game, plus we actually know how to score real-life proper goals now, and have already stuck 4 past this lot before we actually had someone who looks confident in doing so on a regular basis.

I believe we are genuinely on the up now, and I'm looking forward to another week where I don't have to look at our lot through fingers outstretched over my face.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City fans forum on 17:54 - Feb 13 with 3769 viewsLblock

If someone can let me know what team has got on the coach please as I'm proper busy at the moment pricing up a 7,000ft/2 fit out and trying to find vinyl records in my collection (the two are not connected)

Have Charity Park Rangers travelled or is it the brave new band of players galvanized under Marti Cif?

If it's the latter then I'll break off my stress for two hours and get stressed by this bastard club again via the jellybox

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Stoke City fans forum on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 3672 viewsted_hendrix

It's one of 'them' games.

I'd kill for a 0-0.

Look away now.

Oh dear.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stoke City fans forum on 18:33 - Feb 13 with 3633 viewsbosh67

Stoke City fans forum on 17:27 - Feb 13 by Rangersw12

It's got 2-0 Stoke written all over it šŸ˜¬

This.

They are terrible. Good manager but going through the sort of collapse we had last year. Everything points to us getting something from it. Players are down, fans are down, it's a miserable environment there. Yet of course, in true QPP style we will probably brighten their day. I have a very close friend who is a mad Stoke fans and we always joke that we're lucky to get nil sometimes.

I agree, this has a Stoke win written all over it. Hope I am proved wrong and Marti inspires us not to do that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stoke City fans forum on 18:41 - Feb 13 with 3590 viewsFDC

Stoke City fans forum on 18:23 - Feb 13 by ted_hendrix

It's one of 'them' games.

I'd kill for a 0-0.

Look away now.

Oh dear.

Hmm, way I see it is there's no way out of relegation without winning some of these games that we wouldn't have fancied beforehand. Got to go looking for the win imo.
Stoke City fans forum on 18:43 - Feb 13 with 3572 viewsNorthernr

Stoke City fans forum on 18:41 - Feb 13 by FDC

Hmm, way I see it is there's no way out of relegation without winning some of these games that we wouldn't have fancied beforehand. Got to go looking for the win imo.

Yeh we need wins. Wins plural. We've only 15 more chances to get those wins and that includes Leicester away. It's getting towards do or die time and in the Championship atm you couldn't really pick a more 'out of form' week than Stoke followed by Bristol City followed by Rotherham.
Stoke City fans forum on 18:45 - Feb 13 with 3556 viewsPunteR

Stoke City fans forum on 17:37 - Feb 13 by Burnleyhoop

Just read that they have had a ā€œhonestā€ meeting to get issues out in the open. This can have a galvanising effect on the team/squad so we can expect them to raise their game.

A solid start and an early goal would likely take the wind out of their sails. We need to be at our best tomorrow. A big game and a lot at stake.

Couldn't we just counter that "honest" meeting with a Haka.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stoke City fans forum on 18:50 - Feb 13 with 3506 viewsNorthernr

Stoke City fans forum on 18:45 - Feb 13 by PunteR

Couldn't we just counter that "honest" meeting with a Haka.?

Maybe we could recommend them our guy?
Stoke City fans forum on 18:51 - Feb 13 with 3496 viewsaston_hoop

I'm scared, I've read this story before

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Stoke City fans forum on 18:53 - Feb 13 with 3484 viewsDannyPaddox

By Wednesday Stoke will have gone 112 days without a home win.

Lost 9 home games:

D L L D D D L L L

These stats make me nervous.
Stoke City fans forum on 18:58 - Feb 13 with 3457 viewsFDC

Stoke City fans forum on 18:53 - Feb 13 by DannyPaddox

Lost 9 home games:

D L L D D D L L L

I'm sure we've had this discussion on here before, but:

What is it that makes it possible for a team to have a persisting characteristic, such as being the charity case for opposition on bad runs; shitting the bed at earliest possibility in a cup competition etc, over periods of time where the playing staff and most the off field staff have completely changed? It genuinely intrigues me!
[Post edited 13 Feb 19:00]
Stoke City fans forum on 19:03 - Feb 13 with 3430 viewsNorthernr

Lost 9 home games:

D L L D D D L L L

Stoke were the only team who lost as many home games as us last season as well.

And we've got a good record there.

Disaster written all over it.
Stoke City fans forum on 19:34 - Feb 13 with 3271 viewscyprusmel

We are scoring now so that is a positive, last 7 games and that includes four 2s.
Stoke City fans forum on 19:44 - Feb 13 with 3196 viewsnix

Stoke City fans forum on 18:58 - Feb 13 by FDC

I'm sure we've had this discussion on here before, but:

What is it that makes it possible for a team to have a persisting characteristic, such as being the charity case for opposition on bad runs; shitting the bed at earliest possibility in a cup competition etc, over periods of time where the playing staff and most the off field staff have completely changed? It genuinely intrigues me!
[Post edited 13 Feb 19:00]

Yeah. Itā€™s weird that. I also always think we are on the short side as a team compared to other Championship sides, some of which seem massive. And itā€™s seemed like that for years despite different managers, players recruiting staff etc. Weird.

Plus our tendency to be rubbish at throw ins and a bit ponderous at getting the ball forward. All have seemed persistent traits to me. But it could just be my perception.
Stoke City fans forum on 19:46 - Feb 13 with 3188 viewskensalriser

Stoke City fans forum on 18:43 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Yeh we need wins. Wins plural. We've only 15 more chances to get those wins and that includes Leicester away. It's getting towards do or die time and in the Championship atm you couldn't really pick a more 'out of form' week than Stoke followed by Bristol City followed by Rotherham.

Six points required from these three games, any less and my inflating happy clapperdom is going to go pop.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Stoke City fans forum on 19:49 - Feb 13 with 3161 viewsAirtomoreira

As I've mentioned on another Stoke related thread. I spoke to a Blackburn ST holder on Monday, who was at the match last Saturday, when Blackburn beat Stoke 3-1. I was expecting to hear that Stoke were dross, but no, far from it. She said that Stoke played really well, and were right up for the fight.

So let's not get our hopes up too much eh?
Stoke City fans forum on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 2869 viewsdaveB

It's a bit like Huddersfield 2 weeks ago, a lot of hype about it being do or die etc
Stoke are in terrible form but they have some good players and this is a really tough game for us imo, I'd rather have played them at the weekend than after that Blackburn thumping

It's a big game but they are all big for us now, season won't be over whatever happens tomorrow, will be absolute doom and gloom on here if we don't win but I have faith that they will keep fighting till the end of the season and lots tough games ahead
Stoke City fans forum on 22:35 - Feb 13 with 2615 viewsnumptydumpty

Lost 9 home games:

D L L D D D L L L

Wow

That looks like it needs a W at the end !!!

We are QPR after all.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024