Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 18:44 - Feb 24 with 4544 viewsHantsR

I thought he had a very good game. One if the few to look confident and calm in the first half, then some brilliant work in the second half. Great assist for Smyth and super goal.MOTM?
Willock on 18:45 - Feb 24 with 2989 viewsLongsufferingR

He was good all the way through but I had Dunne as absolutely outstanding today
Willock on 18:47 - Feb 24 with 2964 viewsDaBurgh

Willock on 18:45 - Feb 24 by LongsufferingR

These last two games I think Jimmy has been a revelation.
Willock on 18:48 - Feb 24 with 2962 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Yup, for me too!

Thought Colbeck also did well and you can't fault Frey for effort. Getting 3 points was a real effort, but thank feck they did.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Willock on 18:48 - Feb 24 with 2949 viewsBoston

He did, and I thought he might have a tough time of it. Marti knows best.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Willock on 18:51 - Feb 24 with 2901 viewsBenny_the_Ball

MOTM for me, but honourable mentions to Colback and Dunne.
Willock on 18:53 - Feb 24 with 2896 viewsPaddyhoops

WIillock was outstanding today. Jimmy gets a lot of stick but he’s been brilliant there the last couple . Deserves a lot of credit.
Smyth changed the game and what a finish for the goal.
Willock on 18:56 - Feb 24 with 2841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, my MOTM as well.

Honourable mentions for Colback and Chair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Willock on 19:01 - Feb 24 with 2769 viewsNed_Kennedys

Thought Willock wasn’t involved anywhere near enough first half but fair play he stepped it up big time second half,

Dunne was my clear MOTM: did really well at both ends of the pitch and seemed to be everywhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 19:01 - Feb 24 with 2766 viewskensalriser

Willock, Colback, Smyth and Dunne for me, followed by Chair.

Shame it took them the first quarter of the game to run off the fentanyl. Everyone knew Rotherham were going to come steaming out of the blocks and we just played right into their hands. Just dumb.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Willock on 19:04 - Feb 24 with 2691 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Willock on 18:56 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, my MOTM as well.

Honourable mentions for Colback and Chair.

Overall, Chair did play well, which is commendable given the dark clouds hanging over him. However, the horrible slice for Rotherham's first goal puts him out of contention for MOTM.
Willock on 19:05 - Feb 24 with 2679 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Post match interview with the man himself:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/24/willock-post-rotherham/
Willock on 19:10 - Feb 24 with 2626 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Willock on 19:04 - Feb 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Overall, Chair did play well, which is commendable given the dark clouds hanging over him. However, the horrible slice for Rotherham's first goal puts him out of contention for MOTM.

Fair point, ya.

The mistake wasn't just the miskick, either, was it? It was that he went over his left shoulder. The safest thing to do is to clear it over your outer shoulder, if you botch it then it will only knock over someone's Bovril.

Dunne probably my No.3 then. I wasn't as blown away as some by his performance but he's doing very well given the unusual challenge being asked of him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Willock on 19:18 - Feb 24 with 2548 viewsridethewave

Played very well once he was moved inside, where he has always been very effective. To be honest I’ve felt the criticism his way has been somewhat unfair given he’s playing out of position on the wing and totally isolated. He was game-changing when moved in the middle where I think he should remain.
[Post edited 24 Feb 22:14]
Willock on 19:20 - Feb 24 with 2517 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock on 19:10 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point, ya.

The mistake wasn't just the miskick, either, was it? It was that he went over his left shoulder. The safest thing to do is to clear it over your outer shoulder, if you botch it then it will only knock over someone's Bovril.

Dunne probably my No.3 then. I wasn't as blown away as some by his performance but he's doing very well given the unusual challenge being asked of him.

Willock has been performing most of the recent games and played exceptionally well at Bristol last week also.

Back to his best.

Goes to show that a manager that backs his game changers tends to get the best out of them.

Ainsworth had issues with Willock and put him on as sub in the 95th minute on at least three occasions. Management skills were lacking big time.

Marti knows his better players and sometimes it has to be all about them, quite obviously.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Willock on 19:22 - Feb 24 with 2490 viewscpgerber

just me or did Frey look a lot more mobile than that first cameo? If so, speaks volumes for what he/the club did to improve his match fitness.
Willock on 19:34 - Feb 24 with 2376 viewsBlackCrowe

Willock on 19:22 - Feb 24 by cpgerber

just me or did Frey look a lot more mobile than that first cameo? If so, speaks volumes for what he/the club did to improve his match fitness.

Frey ran his socks off...no concerns about commitment there.

Willock was sensational, head and shoulders MOM.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Willock on 19:36 - Feb 24 with 2364 viewssevenhoop

He looked like his old self second half. Which is hardly surprising as he was moved in the middle, rather being ordered to hug the touch line, and where he can get very involved and influence the game. He was superb.

Dunne a close second for me
Willock on 19:43 - Feb 24 with 2267 viewsJevlar

I too thought Willock had a good game

But the cynic in me finds his rediscovery of form and effort just as his contract is winding down more than just a coincidence.
Willock on 19:45 - Feb 24 with 2241 viewsDamo1962

Pleased for Dunne, as he does get a lot of stick. His heart and professionalism are never in doubt...no matter where he is asked to play. He'll get a tougher challenge next week mind you.
Willock on 19:56 - Feb 24 with 2179 viewsNorthantsHoop

Willock's best game in a long time, stepped up today. Also Colback had a superb match now performing with his head on, rather than earlier in the season when he was losing his head. Think Smyth getting better under Cifuentes, ball control superb and took his goal well.
Willock on 21:12 - Feb 24 with 1959 viewsBurnleyhoop

Willock on 19:22 - Feb 24 by cpgerber

He joined the club having not played for months. Once match fit, he will be just what we have been missing up front. Be another 3/4 weeks before fully up to speed. Not exactly quick, but clearly knows what he is doing.
Willock on 21:33 - Feb 24 with 1897 viewsHastings_Hoops

Really interesting to see Willock leaving the pre-match warm up sprinting to the ellerslie road stand and back… Haven’t seen him sprint like that for months now! definitely up for it today.
Willock on 21:54 - Feb 24 with 1820 viewsbaz_qpr

Willock on 19:04 - Feb 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Personally I hang that opener at Begovic it started with him dawdling and playing us into trouble Chair was on the stretch with that slice.

Re Willock what changed the game was putting him at 10 and having him and Chair close to each other, he then found the space to really drive the game. Ultimately masterstroke tactical switch by Marti
Willock on 21:58 - Feb 24 with 1786 viewsDorse

Willock on 21:12 - Feb 24 by Burnleyhoop

He joined the club having not played for months. Once match fit, he will be just what we have been missing up front. Be another 3/4 weeks before fully up to speed. Not exactly quick, but clearly knows what he is doing.

What I notice about him is that, whilst he's not the fastest, he is extremely good at anticipating the ball so he sets off a half step earlier than his marker which makes a huge difference. Dykes never manages it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Willock on 00:27 - Feb 25 with 1519 viewsParkRoyalR

Willock on 19:45 - Feb 24 by Damo1962

Pleased for Dunne, as he does get a lot of stick. His heart and professionalism are never in doubt...no matter where he is asked to play. He'll get a tougher challenge next week mind you.

Dunne is a leader, never hides, never bottles it, never shirks responsibility, never looks to blame others, helped win a must win game after that shambles of a first goal we conceded, him + Field are starters all day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024