Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petty Insanities 16:04 - May 16 with 7956 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

and examples of unreasonable behavior.

Not throwing hot teabags in the bin lest you burn the house down, turning the car radio off when looking for a new address.

That sort of thing.
Petty Insanities on 20:20 - May 16 with 1807 viewsMrSheen

Thought of another. Going through the (overground) ticket barriers at Waterloo morning and evening, I always try to choose a prime number gate. Upsets me when I can’t. Doesn’t bother me on the underground for some reason.
Petty Insanities on 20:29 - May 16 with 1778 viewsaston_hoop

Petty Insanities on 19:23 - May 16 by ScubaHoop

I have a favorite hob on the oven (the one on the right corner closest to me) I didn't realize I did until my 8 year old asked me why I always used the same one.

My hobs have a numbering system for the heat level from 1 to 9 and I'll never go higher than 7. The hottest something ever needs to be can be done with 7. I feel the world would end if I ever go to 8 or, heaven forbid, 9. I just can't.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Petty Insanities on 20:46 - May 16 with 1733 viewsloftboy

Always salute a magpie, think my world will end in disaster if I don’t.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Petty Insanities on 21:02 - May 16 with 1697 viewsMick_S

I cannot touch raw chicken before cooking it. If I had a pet chicken we’d be best mates.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Petty Insanities on 22:30 - May 16 with 1560 viewsR_from_afar

Petty Insanities on 19:43 - May 16 by dmm

Would that be verbal intercourse?

When I was young, my gran had a shelf of books in her back bedroom and one of them was, if I recall correctly, "The coral island" by R M Ballantyne.

The start of each chapter featured a few lines about what was covered in the section. One chapter was preceded by the comment: "In which we have intercourse with the natives".

Simpler times....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Petty Insanities on 23:17 - May 16 with 1504 viewsnumptydumpty

Petty Insanities on 19:24 - May 16 by qprxtc

I always fall fast asleep directly after intercourse.

You're good XTC, I fall asleep during intercourse - in my silver years !!! 🤣
[Post edited 16 May 23:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Petty Insanities on 23:20 - May 16 with 1500 viewsnumptydumpty

Actually since I have had a car that locks by laser, I seem to need to always walk back to the car to click lock it and it's essential I see the lights on the back flash !!

Petty Insanities on 23:30 - May 16 with 1483 viewsBluce_Ree

Petty Insanities on 19:46 - May 16 by Dorse

Back left, for me. No idea why. Just 'works'.

Back right for me. Also, you can have my favourite green spatula when you pry it out of my cold, dead hand.

I tap cans of drink before opening them. Twice on the top. I was told it stops them fizzing up. I've also found out that is complete bollocks but I still do it.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Petty Insanities on 23:49 - May 16 with 1447 viewsChrisNW6

Toilet paper hangs from the front.....not the back. I'm married to a back hanger, so I seem to spend my life turning bog rolls.
Petty Insanities on 23:54 - May 16 with 1441 viewsdannyblue

Front left!
Petty Insanities on 23:55 - May 16 with 1437 viewsLoftgirl

Petty Insanities on 16:24 - May 16 by Bluce_Ree

Supporting QPR.

Supporting anyone else.
Petty Insanities on 01:33 - May 17 with 1397 viewsJules4367

Coming up to driver in middle lane of motorway, nothing in left lane, flashing headlights before I get there, beeping as I go by, then pointing left suggesting pull over as I carry on down the road in the left lane ........ and still believing, EVERY TIME that the simple, mindless or arrogant driver (still poodling along in the middle lane of my rear view mirror) actually understands or even cares about THEIR part in what just happened!

Every time...I never learn and I drive myself mad with it= why are there so many thick, ignorant or arrogant people on the road these days?

Thinking of crossing the roof of my car with a Chieftan tank turret, so I can blast these plonkers out of the way!

IF you are someone who drives in the middle lane, when there is nothing in the left lane watch out for the Ford C max with a large barrel on top coming up behnd you
Petty Insanities on 06:01 - May 17 with 1331 viewsSunnyVanGo

I always draw Venetian Blinds horizontal before raising them.
It’s what you should do because that’s how they’re designed.

Also, upright fridges don’t work so well if you leave the door open whilst you make a brew.

Remarkably, alternatives to putting the central heating on exist - socks, jumpers, joggers, closing windows / doors etc.

Thanks for listening.
Petty Insanities on 06:29 - May 17 with 1292 viewsnumptydumpty

Petty Insanities on 23:49 - May 16 by ChrisNW6

Toilet paper hangs from the front.....not the back. I'm married to a back hanger, so I seem to spend my life turning bog rolls.

Mate of mine growing up, his dad was what you might call a tad frugal.

Replacement bog seats were wood carved by him and he wasn't the best at carpentry

But worse than that, only one sheet allowed per wipe !!!

Actually true....

Petty Insanities on 06:37 - May 17 with 1287 viewsnumptydumpty

Petty Insanities on 21:02 - May 16 by Mick_S

I cannot touch raw chicken before cooking it. If I had a pet chicken we’d be best mates.

Was chatting about us as meat eaters other day.

And we were chatting about the madness of the real jungle.

I said to friend that my parents lived next door to bloke who had chicken pens all up his garden and as a young kid he showed me around and in front of me wrung the neck of the chicken and the hen was running around for about 20 seconds with no head.

I said just because we get our chicken pre packaged from Tescos that's what happens before...

Petty Insanities on 06:56 - May 17 with 1259 viewsdmm

Petty Insanities on 23:49 - May 16 by ChrisNW6

Same here. I wonder if it's a male/female thing?
Petty Insanities on 07:03 - May 17 with 1253 viewsBluce_Ree

Petty Insanities on 23:55 - May 16 by Loftgirl

Supporting anyone else.

Fking right to be fair.

Petty Insanities on 07:06 - May 17 with 1246 viewsBluce_Ree

Petty Insanities on 06:56 - May 17 by dmm

Same here. I wonder if it's a male/female thing?

Might be. Mrs Bluce tried that backwards hanging bullshit and I was 5 mins from getting a lawyer involved.

Petty Insanities on 07:45 - May 17 with 1209 viewsSpaceman_P

using the same toilet at work. there's 3, always the same one.
Petty Insanities on 07:46 - May 17 with 1209 viewsSpaceman_P

Petty Insanities on 17:39 - May 16 by numptydumpty

When you ask your partner if they are OK ;

And the answer is "I'm fine"

Their tone kind of suggests fine they are not !!! 😆

Followed by asking what's up ??

And the answer is "Nothing"

You know then that you have done some bad bad boy stuff but clues - you don't have any !!! 😮
[Post edited 16 May 17:43]

this is just how relationships naturally go right?
Petty Insanities on 07:51 - May 17 with 1198 viewsSpaceman_P

this most has made me realise, i am autistic..... I Do everything everyone has suggested except wear white jeans.
Petty Insanities on 10:34 - May 17 with 1025 viewsTheChef

Tsk always front left, ya lunatic.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Petty Insanities on 14:00 - May 17 with 867 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Performing the sign of the cross whenever a hearse with a coffin drives past. It's something I inherited from my (Catholic) parents, and was passed through the generations. The entire family does it, instinctively. We've spoken about it, we have no idea why we do it, but we continue to do so.
Petty Insanities on 14:11 - May 17 with 829 viewsSimonJames

They say that a definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result. However, my missus is the opposite...
She never does things the same way twice, and then can't undersatnd why she doesn't get the same result each time.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Petty Insanities on 14:40 - May 17 with 779 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Petty Insanities on 14:00 - May 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Performing the sign of the cross whenever a hearse with a coffin drives past. It's something I inherited from my (Catholic) parents, and was passed through the generations. The entire family does it, instinctively. We've spoken about it, we have no idea why we do it, but we continue to do so.

Drove by a hearse at the head of a funeral convoy yesterday (they were in the slow lane I was in the middle lane )and made the sign of the cross just by instinct .
My youngest daughter asked me why I did that and I just said its something I have done since I was a boy and do it almost subconciously now.
Maybe a mark of respect or prayer for the deceased I am not sure .
p.s My 85 year old Mother In Law just shuffled by and she said she always blessed herself passing a graveyard her whole life as well as the hearse so it might be an Irish Catholic thing we suspect
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024