Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Walker 50M 15:07 - Jul 13 with 5238 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:23 - Jul 13 with 3417 viewspaulparker

its gone crackers , 50 million for a right back ,
we will never compete ever again at Prem level , its gone , we cant even compete in the championship if you look at Boro signing assambolongo for 14 million
all of these average players becoming millionaire's without winning or doing fark all
bar the top 6 the premier league is boring as fcuk , whilst the salesman (sorry commentator) spouts on about being the best league in the world , its a joke , the game has gone now I really think it wouldn't do us any harm to drop into league 1 and enjoy "proper football" all of these millions and millions spunked on the Premier league yet England wont get out of their world cup group come the summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:29 - Jul 13 with 3401 viewsNorthernr

Well Burnley are managing it, signing people like Jack Cork and Jon Walters, you can imagine that being within our reach if we ever get our act together. You only need get promoted and the TV money means you can pay silly money if you want to as well. Not that it worked out well for us before.

Imagine what we'd have sold Ferdinand for now. £6m in 1996 is probably about £80m now.
Kyle Walker 50M on 15:31 - Jul 13 with 3391 viewsdaveB

We can compete in the Prem but will take a while and whilst the spending is as mad as it is at the moment I think we're a lot better off out of it.
Kyle Walker 50M on 15:38 - Jul 13 with 3371 viewssimmo

Trippier > Walker

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:44 - Jul 13 with 3340 viewspaulparker

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:29 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Well Burnley are managing it, signing people like Jack Cork and Jon Walters, you can imagine that being within our reach if we ever get our act together. You only need get promoted and the TV money means you can pay silly money if you want to as well. Not that it worked out well for us before.

Imagine what we'd have sold Ferdinand for now. £6m in 1996 is probably about £80m now.

Clive, Jack Cork went for 10 million, yes 10 million , keep repeating that, a nothing player not even capped or likely to ever get capped has gone for 10 million he doesn't score , he doesn't create ive never seen him do anything and that's now classed as a bargain , 10 million should get you maradona

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:48 - Jul 13 with 3316 viewsessextaxiboy

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:29 - Jul 13 by Northernr

That what sticking with one manager and one plan does for you even if you get relegated ..
Kyle Walker 50M on 16:04 - Jul 13 with 3264 viewstoboboly

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:44 - Jul 13 by paulparker

Clive, Jack Cork went for 10 million, yes 10 million , keep repeating that, a nothing player not even capped or likely to ever get capped has gone for 10 million he doesn't score , he doesn't create ive never seen him do anything and that's now classed as a bargain , 10 million should get you maradona

His middle name is "Porteous", if that isn't worth £10m then I really don't know what is.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Kyle Walker 50M on 16:56 - Jul 13 with 3156 viewsJAPRANGERS

Can someone far more erudite than me explain how Walker can go for 50M?? When I've seen Tottenham on TV here he looked classy, but recently he hasn't even been able to to hold down a place in their team. Crazy money.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Walker 50M on 17:26 - Jul 13 with 3113 viewsrobith

Kyle Walker 50M on 16:56 - Jul 13 by JAPRANGERS

Can someone far more erudite than me explain how Walker can go for 50M?? When I've seen Tottenham on TV here he looked classy, but recently he hasn't even been able to to hold down a place in their team. Crazy money.

I think the main reason for that was MP knew he wanted out so was bedding in Trippier so he was ready to roll this year.

Walker is a decent player, but pointless going to City. Pep will pick him at right back, then centre midfield, drop him for 3 weeks then play him up front
Kyle Walker 50M on 17:41 - Jul 13 with 3080 viewsrsonist

Kyle Walker 50M on 17:26 - Jul 13 by robith

I think the main reason for that was MP knew he wanted out so was bedding in Trippier so he was ready to roll this year.

Walker is a decent player, but pointless going to City. Pep will pick him at right back, then centre midfield, drop him for 3 weeks then play him up front

Pep's had a good look at the English game and decided to revert to something more primitive. Walker and Benjamin Mendy are pure athletes, clearly they're not going to be asked to build play through the middle. £90m for a bad Alves/Alba tribute act though...
Kyle Walker 50M on 17:51 - Jul 13 with 3059 viewsDWQPR

Kyle Walker 50M on 17:26 - Jul 13 by robith

Or as his new Sweeper Keeper. What a pile of sh1t football has become. Long for the day when this house of cards comes crashing down.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Kyle Walker 50M on 20:36 - Jul 13 with 2880 viewsBrightonhoop

Kyle Walker 50M on 17:51 - Jul 13 by DWQPR

Or as his new Sweeper Keeper. What a pile of sh1t football has become. Long for the day when this house of cards comes crashing down.

Agreed Dave, crazy.

How can we still be under the kosh on FFP with these silly prices going on and far from just Prem. Struggling to consider how to even regard the Authorities that want to penalise us.

Club should just say bolls to any fine and counter sue them for any relegations.

Beyond absurd.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 20:48]
Kyle Walker 50M on 20:50 - Jul 13 with 2841 viewsrsonist

Does anyone think Walker has improved much as a player since he was with us? Serious question.

(That's not to say he wasn't awesome for us at this level, cos he was.)
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 20:52]
Kyle Walker 50M on 21:27 - Jul 13 with 2778 viewsElHoop

Kyle Walker 50M on 20:50 - Jul 13 by rsonist

Does anyone think Walker has improved much as a player since he was with us? Serious question.

(That's not to say he wasn't awesome for us at this level, cos he was.)
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 20:52]

Unless I'm mistaken, the only medal that he's ever won was with us.
Kyle Walker 50M on 21:53 - Jul 13 with 2720 viewsJuzzie

I'm in Greece (well, one of the islands) at the mo' and they all love the Premiership. They simply cannot see what we see. Nor, do I suspect, they care. It has no effect on them.
Muliply this around the world with the £billions coming in and it will never change.

The UK fans, especially the ones who go to the games, and what we think are absolutely of no relevance anymore.
Kyle Walker 50M on 21:59 - Jul 13 with 2714 viewsPunteR

We had a lot of luck that season. Bradley Orr getting injured meant we had to get Walker in on loan, who went on to tear this league a new one. Did he actually pick up the championship medal or was he gone by then ?
Taraabt gets a lot of plaudits but Walker and Routledge were immense that season. What a team.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Kyle Walker 50M on 23:30 - Jul 13 with 2612 viewshooper1957

Every one who played over a certain amount of games gets a medal even if they left early.I think it was announced he was presented with his medal at the time.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 1:19]
Kyle Walker 50M on 00:29 - Jul 14 with 2566 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Kyle Walker 50M on 21:59 - Jul 13 by PunteR

We had a lot of luck that season. Bradley Orr getting injured meant we had to get Walker in on loan, who went on to tear this league a new one. Did he actually pick up the championship medal or was he gone by then ?
Taraabt gets a lot of plaudits but Walker and Routledge were immense that season. What a team.

He was great that season but I'm not sure I agree we had a lot of luck. You could argue it was unlucky he got injured in the first place. Decent enough full back then.
Kyle Walker 50M on 01:58 - Jul 14 with 2528 viewstimcocking

Its obscene.

It was apparent immediately he played for us that he is a top full back though. Good ability, mentality and size and that exceptionally good pace, he's a class act. I remember my mates laughing at me telling them he'd be playing for England soon at the beginning, but it's no surprise.

He was a big reason we got promoted that year, and spoke fondly of us the other day. Good on him.
Kyle Walker 50M on 04:42 - Jul 14 with 2482 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kyle Walker 50M on 15:44 - Jul 13 by paulparker

Agreed!

The only reason the likes of Burnley aren't paying £50m for a player, isn't because they don't want to, but because they haven't got that amount of money and, to be fair, a £50m player ain't going to Burnley this side of 31 December 2099.

Just imagine if we were still in the Prem, we'd probably be at the front of the madness queue, bidding like hyenas on crack!

I've said this type of nonsense will continue for a good while yet, as we're going to see the big clubs wanting to have the individual rights to sell their games online. To avoid or merely to delay, they'll squeeze more out of the collective deals before then.

If things like QPR's online stuff does well, I can see the top clubs wanting to go it alone. United selling online coverage of say, them at home against Liverpool, will be a $100m game! Throw in premium games against; City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal that's half a billion for just five games. Add in other games, especially those where the results carry a significant outcome, they'll easily be looking at a billion US from online alone. Throw in added advertising revenue, gate receipts and merchandising etc. there's a lot more juice to be squeezed out of this lemon.

The madness has miles left to go. I suspect those born before 1980 will drift away more and will be replaced not by supporters following by individual teams, but by 'football fans' choosing as image conscious consumers, winning results/success junkies and just big game voyeurs! Or put more simply; the Asian fan mindset!

By then, the pre-1980s will have; jacked it in totally for a simple DIY life at home with the missus (saving packets); earnestly following the non-leagues and delighting at only paying £50 to stand at Yeading or, buggered off to rugby!!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 4:48]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Kyle Walker 50M on 06:14 - Jul 14 with 2442 viewsPunteR

Kyle Walker 50M on 00:29 - Jul 14 by CroydonCaptJack

He was great that season but I'm not sure I agree we had a lot of luck. You could argue it was unlucky he got injured in the first place. Decent enough full back then.

You could say the same with Mackie getting injured meaning we got Routledge in on lone. Maybe it wasnt luck, maybe fate. Twas meant to be..
Thinking about it, the season was full of ups and downs. Faurlingate springs to mind. Bit unfortunate that happened but we still won the league. What a day that was.!

Kyle Walker 50M on 07:14 - Jul 14 with 2416 viewsDesertBoot

Now the world's most expensive defender but not even close to be the world's best defender. More great business by Levy and showing again the obscene amount of money swashing around in the Premier League.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Kyle Walker 50M on 07:34 - Jul 14 with 2383 viewsJuzzie

Kyle Walker 50M on 21:59 - Jul 13 by PunteR

IIRC Walker played the first half of the season and it was his departure back to Spurs that allowed us to get Routledge for the second half.
Kyle Walker 50M on 07:45 - Jul 14 with 2366 viewsPhildo

There is a business model for clubs that buy, improve and sell on though like we used to. You need to improve the players you buy though and 15 in 15 out every 12 months does not allow that to happen.
Kyle Walker 50M on 07:48 - Jul 14 with 2363 viewsPunteR

Kyle Walker 50M on 07:34 - Jul 14 by Juzzie

IIRC Walker played the first half of the season and it was his departure back to Spurs that allowed us to get Routledge for the second half.

You sure?.
Yes Walker was playing first half but was covering for Orr..Orr struggled to get back in the team after his injury.
Routledge came in 2nd half as Mackie got injured. Routledge never played RB.
I stand to be corrected but thats how i remember it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024