Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? 15:09 - Jul 5 with 6558 viewsted_hendrix

They've gone and buggered about with the size of sugar puffs and the bloody name too, they are now called Honey Monster Puffs for crying out loud and i'm bloody convinced that they are smaller than they used to be.
Just ate a bloody big bowl of them with lashings of cold milk and shock horror I had to add a few spoons of sugar to the sodding things.
Wished they'd just leave things alone, anyway whatever

Sugar Puffs my arse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 15:14 - Jul 5 with 5718 viewsMytch_QPR

All in the name of progress eh?

Wagon Wheels: are they smaller or is it because the last time I held one (many moons ago) I had smaller hands?

Also - whilst on the subject - what percentage of a packet of Alpen do you reckon is just dust?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 15:28 - Jul 5 with 5687 viewsJuzzie

I rarely have a McD's, Burger King etc but when I do they're about the size of a 2p piece.
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 15:35 - Jul 5 with 5670 viewsBoston

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 15:28 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

I rarely have a McD's, Burger King etc but when I do they're about the size of a 2p piece.

Bloody decimalization.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 15:44 - Jul 5 with 5659 viewsToast_R

Sanitising everything now.
I used to like Sugar Puffs but then I discovered a mild intolerance to wheat. Can't have Weetibix, Shreddies or Shredded Wheat these days.
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 16:12 - Jul 5 with 5627 viewsCamberleyR

Danny Baker has it about right

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 16:40 - Jul 5 with 5593 viewsJuzzie

I guess it's about removing that dastardly word 'sugar' from the product name whilst the traffic light system on the box still shows it as orange.

[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 16:40]
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 17:53 - Jul 5 with 5535 viewsBerkoRanger

Anyone remember the big boxes of cereal? Now some of them come with a free magnifying glass.....
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 17:59 - Jul 5 with 5533 viewsStanisgod

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 17:53 - Jul 5 by BerkoRanger

Anyone remember the big boxes of cereal? Now some of them come with a free magnifying glass.....

My sugar puffs are definately smaller than years ago, but then I am 63

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 18:00 - Jul 5 with 5527 viewsGloryHunter

Those things did for my teeth. The world will be better without them.
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 18:51 - Jul 5 with 5488 viewsDorse

Just have a bowl of polystyrene packing chips and 83 teaspoons of sugar. Recycling at its best.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 20:53 - Jul 5 with 5408 viewsjohann28

Ok. I'd normally say, don't get me started on this subject, but...

* Pimms - was 40% in the days ... you know, when Qpr used to thrash everyone. Now is 25%
* 'Full fat' milk (misnomer - all milk is low fat - ie less than 5%) - now even that is watery; you have to buy 'Jersey cream' or some such to get the cream on the top like you used to
* marmite - what's happened to this? all now thin and drippy, you used to be able to stand a spoon in it
* ice cream - now made entirely of vegetable matter, tastes like liquid plastic, you have go to Italy for the real stuff
* chocolate - as above, for Italy sub Belgium/Switzerland

moan moan moan
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 21:55 - Jul 5 with 5359 viewsLythamR

We have seen the best of our time
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 22:26 - Jul 5 with 5338 viewsted_hendrix

Tomato's don't escape my wrath either, you go and buy a small tin of plum tomato's and when you open the goddam tin there's only one bleeding tomato in the tin but on the label it clearly say's plum tomato's, it should say one plum tomato on the label the bloody bastards.

Anyway I get the bit about ice cream as mentioned above, soft scoop bolox, it's now a load of composite gunge it should be called soft goo and not fit for purpose.

Mr Kipling is managing to keep his high standards though, I'd like to meet him some day providing he aint dead.

Anyway, anyone fancy a pint?

Pint my arse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 22:36 - Jul 5 with 5330 viewscolinallcars

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 22:26 - Jul 5 by ted_hendrix

Tomato's don't escape my wrath either, you go and buy a small tin of plum tomato's and when you open the goddam tin there's only one bleeding tomato in the tin but on the label it clearly say's plum tomato's, it should say one plum tomato on the label the bloody bastards.

Anyway I get the bit about ice cream as mentioned above, soft scoop bolox, it's now a load of composite gunge it should be called soft goo and not fit for purpose.

Mr Kipling is managing to keep his high standards though, I'd like to meet him some day providing he aint dead.

Anyway, anyone fancy a pint?

Pint my arse.

Napolina tinned toms are good but pricey. Tinned cherry toms are usually OK. There are some good ice creams but not usually the supermarket ones. Peter's of Suffolk is a good ice cream. There seem to be lots of trendy artisan ice crean shops opening, but they are expensive and I've yet to find a really good 'un.

For breakfast I have porridge with a few blueberries added. Followed by a sausage sandwich !
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 22:43 - Jul 5 with 5323 viewsHantsR

I seem to remember 'Jeremy the Sugar Puff Bear' - but I think that was killed off after the Norman Scott affair
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 22:52 - Jul 5 with 5313 viewsStanisgod

Jam, even Robertsons, used to be solid now it pours out.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 22:57 - Jul 5 with 5308 viewsLongsufferingR

So the word sugar is unacceptable but puff is OK? I thought you could get arrested for calling somebody a puff these days.
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 23:16 - Jul 5 with 5298 viewsDannyPaddox

Klondike Pete's Old Sugary Prospector's Testicles. Or whatever they were called. Now they were big.
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 00:55 - Jul 6 with 5260 viewstimcocking

Modern life Ted. Don't let the fcukers get you down.

They'll be insisting on including gay and lesbian sugar puffs soon.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 0:56]
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 01:44 - Jul 6 with 5244 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So I’m a bit pished but here goes...

My old man had a mate they called the Honey Monster because he was 6’5 blond and hairy as fvck.

He used to work in Leavesden mental hospital as a cleaner after being released from Wormwood Scrubs for armed robbery.

So the policy was, when the floors had to be cleaned they would lock all the patients away as a precaution but on this occasion one of the female patients had slipped out of her room before they locked her door.

Anyway, this was the 1980s and Honey Monster was using some gigantic and dangerous industrial floor polisher, when the said patient sneaked up behind him and grabbed hold of his bollocks and clinged on as hard as she could through his overalls. Apparently she was hanging onto them like the hero in a western hangs onto a moving train.

He was screaming like a banshee but couldn’t let the gigantic 1980s machine go as it would have smashed up half the hospital.

In the end it took 5 porters, a few digs to the nut, and a syringe full of sedative to loosen her grip.

So HM ended up in the boozer that night showing off his gigantic grapefruit sized testes to all the patrons in The Bell pub in Bedmond for a few sympathy beers.

My old man said he couldn’t sit down for a month.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 1:45]
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 02:12 - Jul 6 with 5227 viewsozexile

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 01:44 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

My old man had a mate they called the Honey Monster because he was 6’5 blond and hairy as fvck.

He used to work in Leavesden mental hospital as a cleaner after being released from Wormwood Scrubs for armed robbery.

So the policy was, when the floors had to be cleaned they would lock all the patients away as a precaution but on this occasion one of the female patients had slipped out of her room before they locked her door.

Anyway, this was the 1980s and Honey Monster was using some gigantic and dangerous industrial floor polisher, when the said patient sneaked up behind him and grabbed hold of his bollocks and clinged on as hard as she could through his overalls. Apparently she was hanging onto them like the hero in a western hangs onto a moving train.

He was screaming like a banshee but couldn’t let the gigantic 1980s machine go as it would have smashed up half the hospital.

In the end it took 5 porters, a few digs to the nut, and a syringe full of sedative to loosen her grip.

So HM ended up in the boozer that night showing off his gigantic grapefruit sized testes to all the patrons in The Bell pub in Bedmond for a few sympathy beers.

As stories go that's a good one.
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 06:25 - Jul 6 with 5196 viewsdistortR

here on the isle of man, we have pure beer laws and laws appertaining to the cream/milk content in ice cream, Davidsons ice creams are lovely.
We also have a firm called manx ices. If you get a job there, and tell a mate on the phone, 'I've joined manx ices', cheltenham goes into meltdown.

Ted, Danny Paddox is right, golden nuggets will NEVER climb down on sugar content, and they turn yer milk green.
Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 06:57 - Jul 6 with 5178 viewsloftboy

Don’t get me started on the size of mars bars/ marathons ( refuse to call them snickers, that’s their EU pseudonym) I reckon the snack size ones were bigger thirty years ago.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 07:12 - Jul 6 with 5174 viewsDannyPaddox

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 01:44 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

As that anecdote of anecdotes unfolded for some reason this music came into my head:

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 08:11 - Jul 6 with 5145 viewsCiderwithRsie

Anyone Experiencing 'Issues' With The Size Of Their Sugar Puffs? on 06:25 - Jul 6 by distortR

here on the isle of man, we have pure beer laws and laws appertaining to the cream/milk content in ice cream, Davidsons ice creams are lovely.
We also have a firm called manx ices. If you get a job there, and tell a mate on the phone, 'I've joined manx ices', cheltenham goes into meltdown.

Ted, Danny Paddox is right, golden nuggets will NEVER climb down on sugar content, and they turn yer milk green.

I used to love Manx Ices when I was a kid. (Contrary to the trend of this thread, my memory of mainland UK ice cream in the 70s was that it was Walls and utter rubbish, Manx Ices tasted properly creamy.)

Didn't see any being sold when I was last over, it was all Davidsons (very good). Would have liked to try a Manx Ices vanilla though just to see if childhood nostalgia was conning me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024