Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ditched social media 20:14 - Sep 2 with 4155 viewsloftboy

Deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts, had been on Facebook for 11 years and twitter about 5, not only do I not miss either but my phone battery still has 68% charge after having been on all day, anyone else given up telling people what they had for lunch?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ditched social media on 20:37 - Sep 2 with 3156 viewsCiderwithRsie

Never had twitter and barely use FB.

I'm waiting for everyone else to b*gger off and then I'll have them all to myself, along with Craig's List and My Space mwahahahah
Ditched social media on 20:40 - Sep 2 with 3143 viewsHantsR

Ok thanks. Glad to know it's not personal.
Ditched social media on 20:45 - Sep 2 with 3120 viewsBluce_Ree

YES. Sacked off FB and feel much better. Minimal dabbling with Twitter which I have to keep as its related to a website I run.

Social media is shit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ditched social media on 20:52 - Sep 2 with 3090 viewsTacticalR

Got a Facebook account which I don't really use and never had a Twitter account.

Out of interest was that your 'Hitler' account?

Air hostess clique

Ditched social media on 20:59 - Sep 2 with 3051 viewsloftboy

Ditched social media on 20:40 - Sep 2 by HantsR

Ok thanks. Glad to know it's not personal.

Had a few problems on there Nick with people screen shotting my status and sending them to my ex mrs,and then getting texts or calls having a go at me when they weren’t even about her so thought it would never easier and less hassle to just come off it.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 21:37]

Ditched social media on 21:00 - Sep 2 with 3047 viewsDorse

If I didn't have to use FB / Twitter/ Instagram for work, the whole of social media could go fcuk itself. Hard. In the fcuking face.

A shower of cunce I don't know, screaming into the existential void about their worthless, pitiful lives, offspring and meals. We should just drop the fcuking bomb.

Better off without Loftboy
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 21:12]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ditched social media on 21:22 - Sep 2 with 2968 viewsstevec

What is this Facebook and Twitter you speak of?
Ditched social media on 21:37 - Sep 2 with 2922 viewspaulparker

It’s funny Ive just started using it , mind you have thats only because me and a mate are starting out our own business and thought we would put ourselves out there , I’m still stuck in 1995 so my daughter says !!!it was her idea to do it ( the yellow pages are no longer in use apparently)
Anyway I took the opportunity to look up my ex wife and she seems to have got better looking and married again into money ( the b1t h) also found out my ex father in law had passed as well to cancer
My curiosity on this Facebook has made me look up all number of exes and it’s safe to say the years haven’t been kind to them ( ha ha ) so that made me feel a bit better
Actually I sound like a sad case perhaps I need to ditch it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Ditched social media on 22:00 - Sep 2 with 2862 viewsBoston

Ditched social media on 21:37 - Sep 2 by paulparker

It’s funny Ive just started using it , mind you have thats only because me and a mate are starting out our own business and thought we would put ourselves out there , I’m still stuck in 1995 so my daughter says !!!it was her idea to do it ( the yellow pages are no longer in use apparently)
Anyway I took the opportunity to look up my ex wife and she seems to have got better looking and married again into money ( the b1t h) also found out my ex father in law had passed as well to cancer
My curiosity on this Facebook has made me look up all number of exes and it’s safe to say the years haven’t been kind to them ( ha ha ) so that made me feel a bit better
Actually I sound like a sad case perhaps I need to ditch it

I know where you live.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ditched social media on 22:07 - Sep 2 with 2834 viewsBoston

Don't give a shite about 'social media', was always fcking anti social at the best of times.

Ditched social media on 22:16 - Sep 2 with 2798 viewsLblock

Now here's an interesting one

My missus started "facebooking" a year or so ago - I call it the devils work and say social media is weird. He countannce to me is that this very portal be that of "social meejah" - what say the LFW massive? Is this actually a form of social media?????

As for Tw@tter I don't begin to understand it.
However I've been shown some very interesting stuff via yound lads on Instagram (which I originally thought was a rapid cocaine dealer)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ditched social media on 22:17 - Sep 2 with 2794 viewsthame_hoops

If used properly they are great. Can’t remember the last time I’ve emailed a ‘mate’

Sorry to see you go from twitter Rob

Edit- and after what your ex did to YOU, she’s got some front!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 22:19]
Ditched social media on 22:19 - Sep 2 with 2793 viewsDeepcutHoop

I enjoy using social media, can understand why you might not.

Have noticed that people are always giving up social media, making sure they tell everyone they can that they're leaving, usually as smugly as possible and are back on it within 6 months.

Seen some people do it several times
Ditched social media on 22:30 - Sep 2 with 2750 viewsBrixtonR

Fair play mate im with u on that
Ditched social media on 00:02 - Sep 3 with 2597 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Ditched social media on 21:00 - Sep 2 by Dorse

If I didn't have to use FB / Twitter/ Instagram for work, the whole of social media could go fcuk itself. Hard. In the fcuking face.

A shower of cunce I don't know, screaming into the existential void about their worthless, pitiful lives, offspring and meals. We should just drop the fcuking bomb.

Better off without Loftboy
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 21:12]

“We should just drop the fcuking bomb.

Better off without Loftboy.”

––––––––

That seems very harsh on Loftboy.

(Or did you just forget a comma?)

Eats shoots and leaves.
Ditched social media on 00:15 - Sep 3 with 2585 viewsBoston

Ditched social media on 22:19 - Sep 2 by DeepcutHoop

Have noticed that people are always giving up social media, making sure they tell everyone they can that they're leaving, usually as smugly as possible and are back on it within 6 months.

Are there no pubs or inter active social clubs in Deepcut?

Ditched social media on 00:21 - Sep 3 with 2576 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ditched social media on 22:19 - Sep 2 by DeepcutHoop

Yeah well it's yet another addiction for us to contend with.

What do you enjoy about it?

*edit for spelling (sorry Boston!)
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 8:30]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ditched social media on 00:56 - Sep 3 with 2532 viewsBoston

Ditched social media on 00:21 - Sep 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yeah well it's yet another addiction for us to contend with.

What do you enjoy about it?

*edit for spelling (sorry Boston!)
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 8:30]

Confusing spelling.

Ditched social media on 00:59 - Sep 3 with 2521 viewsdistortR

Ditched social media on 22:07 - Sep 2 by Boston

Don't give a shite about 'social media', was always fcking anti social at the best of times.

are you sure?
Ditched social media on 01:50 - Sep 3 with 2488 viewstimcocking

Never been on twitter, haven't opened facebook in a couple of years. Shouldn't think anybody in family uses them.
Ditched social media on 02:01 - Sep 3 with 2487 viewsPunteR

FB is decent if used properly. When i first signed up for it i did look up loads of old mates and family which was great at first but that phase past. I just go to settings and turn off all posts of people that dont really interest me or just take pics of their dinner etc. I dont have anything to do with anything QPR on there as this site is enough for me. I mainly use it for some decent music groups and its essential for my radio shows and mixes.
Its handy.
I've never got on with the twitter thing, didnt like the format.
Quite enjoy Instagram, pretty harmless. I quite like looking at my mates and family photos. I dont have QPR players on there as it would probably just wind me up but do have the offish QPR instagram on there.
I definitely spend a lot of time on social media and general internet shenanigans but its never going to go away. Im trying to take all the positives from it and try not to get bogged down too much in the negatives. Supporting QPR does make it more challenging .
Fairplay Loftboy

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ditched social media on 06:44 - Sep 3 with 2373 viewsBrixtonR

Ditched social media on 06:54 - Sep 3 with 2353 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I tried that Twitter and after a month, thought do I really need something so banal that glorifies a-holes like lBarton, Trump and Tony Pony? The answer saw me promptly delete my account.

Similarly, I dropped Linkdin a while back:I found it a bit intrusive and as I wanted to reduce my internet noise, delete button was hit.

FB is a funny one. Being overseas it’s a good way to keep in contact. However, the more I’ve learned about it, the more odious I find it. So as part of e-noise reduction, I deleted the app from my phone; ditched several groups I was in and about 70 folks for a variety of reasons - those I consider nice but noisy, I don’t follow. Consequently, my use of FB has cut down dramatically and I don’t seem to have suffered.

In fact for one month to reduce FB use, I unfollowed everyone! The sight when you open FB and there’s nothing to show, is liberating.

Another prompt for this is the extremely annoying sight of say, six people in a bar all glued to their phones not talking to each other while updating their status! Social media my ‘arris, more like antisocial media!!

Totally forgot who the OP was, but good on yer (I’d press like, but therein lies half the problem with the whole phenomenon).

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ditched social media on 07:52 - Sep 3 with 2275 viewsLblock

So... is LFW and WhatsApp using social meejah?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ditched social media on 08:31 - Sep 3 with 2176 viewsloftboy

Ditched social media on 07:52 - Sep 3 by Lblock

So... is LFW and WhatsApp using social meejah?

WhatsApp I only use for sending or receiving photos from my kids of my Granddaughters as it’s free.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024