Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had to pick one game. 11:20 - Apr 15 with 2576 viewsqpr_1968

if you had to pick one game that you had missed through whatever reason.
or a game long in our past e.g. qpr's first ever game, one just after the wars....you get the gist, what would it be.

for me the league cup final 1967.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

If you had to pick one game. on 11:24 - Apr 15 with 1852 viewsNorthernr

Preston away three weeks ago at this rate.
If you had to pick one game. on 11:27 - Apr 15 with 1847 viewsted_hendrix

Same here I was in Trenchard Barracks, Celle, West Germany during the final.

British Army of the Rhine.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

If you had to pick one game. on 11:28 - Apr 15 with 1839 viewsBlackCrowe

QPR 3 Liverpool 2 comeback with Mackie's winner.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

If you had to pick one game. on 11:32 - Apr 15 with 1830 viewsLongsufferingR

I hadn't missed a home game for several years but had a decision to make in 1984 when all my favourite bands at the time were playing a festival at York Racecourse on the same day as a home game. Sisters Of Mercy, Spear Of Destiny, Siouxsie & The Banshees etc. Great lineup that wouldn't be repeated so I went up on the coach with my girlfriend and had a great day until I called my dad from a phone box to find out what the result was.

QPR 5 Newcastle 5
If you had to pick one game. on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 1823 viewsslmrstid

I'll go with the theme of a game I missed that I could have gone to, and in that scenario I will go for a 3-1 victory over Watford in about March time of the 2004/05 season.

I missed it because my parents had sent me on a weekend GCSE maths revision trip that my school did each year (2005 was my GCSE year) and it was highly recommended students go on it to help make sure they met their grades.

Which I did, although the revelation I was going on a "maths weekend" led to some torture from one of my step-brothers...

Annoyingly, said weekend clashed with that QPR-Watford game above. After that ridiculous 7 game winning streak earlier in the year our form had been very patchy, especially the second half of the year, as we perhaps settled in to more where our team actually was ability wise.

I'd seen quite a few draws, and home defeats, but no wins. In fact, I've just gone to look it up on Wikipedia. It was 12 March 2005, it was our first home win since beating Stoke 1-0 in January, which we'd also missed as it was on telly and my Dad wouldnt drive us down, and that was our first win since that 1-0 win over Cardiff in the November.

So to miss our first home win in ages for bloomin' school. Hated it and was upset I wasn't there. Also made me feel sick at the time as I felt my QPR supporting time (or at least LR attendance time) was coming to an end, as I would be turning 16 that summer there was an expectation at home I'd get a Saturday job whilst at Sixth Form at school , and I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to go QPR regularly much again. You know how uncertain things are when you are 16, as the expectation was 2 years of 6th Form, 3 years of uni, so potentially 5 years of no QPR!

As it went, I missed most of the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons from working at Sainsbury's, took a gap year working and attended much of 07/08, went to University and missed a lot of 08/09, then dropped out of Uni and went back into work so have been able to keep up my regular attendance from 09/10 onwards.

Slightly feel the same anxiety now, as me & my wife are hoping to start a family in the next couple of years. Not sure how well regular QPR attendance will work with that! But we're not there yet so not worrying about that too much just yet...

So after that long ramble, I will go with that Watford game, because I missed a home win, I hadn't seen us win at home in 4 months, and at the time I feared my QPR days were at an end.
If you had to pick one game. on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 1790 viewsstowmarketrange

If you had to pick one game. on 11:28 - Apr 15 by BlackCrowe

I just wish we’d stayed for the 3 minutes of injury time.We left on 90 happy to have got a point.
Probably the league cup final in 67,or the win at Chelshite in 2013.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 11:50]
If you had to pick one game. on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 1787 viewsozranger

If you had to pick one game. on 11:24 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Having been to every one of the games in 2020, missing that one really also bugs me.
If you had to pick one game. on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 1787 viewsHantsR

NY Day game v Man U. V late after heavy celebrations NY Eve. No time to pick up Dad in SE23, so raced to LR from E17 only to find ground full and gates shut. Returned home to resume my hangover.
Login to get fewer ads

If you had to pick one game. on 13:33 - Apr 15 with 1725 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Has to be the League Cup Final '67.

It's our only major trophy and to do it from the Third Division must have been beyond belief.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If you had to pick one game. on 13:54 - Apr 15 with 1692 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I'm sure I could think of better but off the top of my head I said no to Fulham away a couple of years ago as I was at Uni and didn't want to spend all the money coming back to see us lose. Ended up coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2, great scenes in the away end, only for Ireland to then win the Six Nations Grand Slam on St.Paddys Day. Safe to say I was getting big FOMO seeing the celebrations whilst I was stuck in an awful pub at Uni
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 13:55]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

If you had to pick one game. on 14:01 - Apr 15 with 1672 viewspaulparker

Has to be Highbury for the semi final in 82 I was 8 and hadn’t started going to football yet
Don’t think I’m ever going to see rangers in an FA cup final in my lifetime

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If you had to pick one game. on 14:22 - Apr 15 with 1624 viewsQPRSteve

5-5 draw with Newcastle. Missed it to spend the day with a girlfriend. Made the same mistake a few years later when we beat Spurs 4-1.
If you had to pick one game. on 15:49 - Apr 15 with 1564 viewsEsox_Lucius

Man. Utd. 1 QPR 4 for me. I had too many family get togethers around that time and couldn't get to all the games so I decided to blow that one off as it was on telly.

The grass is always greener.

If you had to pick one game. on 16:09 - Apr 15 with 1542 viewsTheChef

The 2011 Watford away game where we clinched the Championship.

Having been to most games that season, I ended up missing it as somehow we were at our in-laws that weekend! Very poor planning on my part.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

If you had to pick one game. on 16:18 - Apr 15 with 1524 viewsflynnbo

QPR 8 Sheffield Wednesday 2 as I was poorly. Was able to go to the next round match though at home to lower league Plymouth Argyle. Surely, nothing could go wrong 😳
If you had to pick one game. on 17:12 - Apr 15 with 1483 viewsWatford_Ranger

Was on a school trip aged 14 for the Sheffield Wednesday game having only known utter failure as a QPR fan before that. Hardly missed a game that season.

Missed most of the Warnock promotion season doing a couple of terms studying abroad. Thankfully came home for the Watford game in the main stand near Andy Impey.

Missed the Man City game for a uni exam.
If you had to pick one game. on 17:28 - Apr 15 with 1464 viewsSuperhoop83

The beam back of the promotion match at Hillsborough in May 2004.

I was due to go to it but had a huge hangover after a night out in Clapham. I dragged myself to the station but got as far as Wimbledon before I had to give up and head home. My mates rang me pissed at 5 while dancing on the Loftus Road pitch.

Meanwhile one of the mates I had been out with in Clapham had managed to travel to Hillsborough, asleep in the back of the car.

Suffering since 1978.

If you had to pick one game. on 17:30 - Apr 15 with 1460 viewsRamseyR

7-0 Burnley is the 70s. Went to all the home games that season as a schoolboy, but I had just broken my wrist and had it in plaster, and my mum wouldn't let me go!
If you had to pick one game. on 17:31 - Apr 15 with 1460 viewsTeddRanger

If you had to pick one game. on 11:28 - Apr 15 by BlackCrowe

Same for me . The only compensation was that a fellow R and I were on a plane en route to Sri Lanka to follow England in Galle. Top trip but wish we'd left a day later!
If you had to pick one game. on 17:43 - Apr 15 with 1444 viewsstowmarketrange

If you had to pick one game. on 17:30 - Apr 15 by RamseyR

7-0 Burnley is the 70s. Went to all the home games that season as a schoolboy, but I had just broken my wrist and had it in plaster, and my mum wouldn't let me go!

My brother decided to get married on that day.Lucky it was on match of the day later.he didn’t get the match of the day though as he is now happily divorced.
If you had to pick one game. on 20:03 - Apr 15 with 1393 viewsqpr_1968

If you had to pick one game. on 11:24 - Apr 15 by Northernr

that could be a good shout, especially if the next games played are behind closed doors.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

If you had to pick one game. on 20:48 - Apr 15 with 1351 viewskingo

It is easy for me, The Play Off Final. Unfortunately the wife had booked a holiday and it would have been more than my life was worth to miss. I did consider flying back but too expensive. What made it worse was buying the tickets and having them in my hands but knowing I wouldn’t be there. First major game I had missed since 1966. I did watch it in a bar with Brian Murphy’s relative and got very drunk.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

If you had to pick one game. on 01:22 - Apr 16 with 1288 viewsbob566

If you had to pick one game. on 15:49 - Apr 15 by Esox_Lucius

Man. Utd. 1 QPR 4 for me. I had too many family get togethers around that time and couldn't get to all the games so I decided to blow that one off as it was on telly.

I have a copy of the big match live on itv of that back in the folks gaff. Back in the day it was one or two games live depending on a cup game been shown too. Think it was saint and greavsie hosting with a smug Dennis law in studio giving us no chance. He was eating pie by the end of it.

Loved to have been there.
If you had to pick one game. on 05:54 - Apr 16 with 1260 viewsSydneyRs

While I was in the UK:
Liverpool away league cup semi
Liverpool away 3-1 win
Man Utd 4-1 away

After I moved to Aus:
Sheff Weds away promotion game
Wigan playoff semi and obviously the final
Chelsea 1-0 Helguson penalty game where they shat themselves
Chelsea away 1-0 SWP goal

On the other hand I was at the following:
5-5 v Geordies (and I stayed to the end!)
6-0 v scum
FA cup final in 82
6-0 survival game v Palace
4-1 v Spurs
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 6:40]
If you had to pick one game. on 06:25 - Apr 16 with 1250 viewscyprusmel

QPR v Newcastle 5-5
No one has mentioned the 9-2 win against Tranmere, I saw that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024