Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to approach the next two games? 13:29 - Nov 23 with 1485 viewsMyke

I am safely 'cocooned' over here in the west of Ireland, so just wondering how you locals and regular match goers (in normal circumstances) think we should approach the next two games? Should we put out our strongest 11 v Rotherham and go full throttle for the 90 and try to win the game by a couple (or three) and run the risk of being under-strength and /or knackered against Brentford and possibly suffer the consequences with a 'significant' reversal. Or should we keep back something in the tank to be more competitive on Friday night and run the risk of not putting a bit of daylight between us and Rotterham?
Holloway played a seriously weakened team in a league cup game a couple of years ago and we lost 4-1, which I felt at the time was disrespectful of the QPR fans living and working in the community, never mind having to sit through it at the time So, my question in a nutshell is to the locals, does having no fans effect the bragging rights and consequently should it impact our approach to both games or not?
How to approach the next two games? on 14:00 - Nov 23 with 1426 viewsnix

Personally I think the three points on Tuesday is really important. I'd go all out for those points. Going into the Brentford game with 17 points is a confidence booster and will make the players feel under less pressure, so we can play with a bit more freedom.

I've never really understood the obsession with beating Fulham or Brentford. I wouldn't be any more bothered about losing to them than I would to Rotherham. In fact it would be more frustrating as Brentford are a better team and it's no shame to lose to them. It would also mean three wins and a draw in the last five games, which is not at all bad.
How to approach the next two games? on 14:16 - Nov 23 with 1406 viewsdaveB

Need to use the squad to get through the next few weeks, I wouldn't be making 10 changes a game but 2 or 3 changes each game to keep players fresh is going to be required.
How to approach the next two games? on 14:18 - Nov 23 with 1397 viewsNorthernr

Could really do with winning tomorrow. Big, fast, aggressive start please.
How to approach the next two games? on 14:25 - Nov 23 with 1369 viewsfrancisbowles

I think it's important that we fully utilise the subs and the squad. We managed it well on Saturday, improving the team and still having a sub in hand in case of late injury.

We will need Geoff on Friday so maybe a rest or a substitution after an hour tomorrow. Same for Niko, prefer him to Wallace against the bees' forwards. Kane took a heavy knock, so maybe a game for Kakay. I'd start with Bright hoping he can score or do something to lift his confidence a bit more but look to get Willock and Albert involved at some stage.
Dykes to start and Bonn on later.
How to approach the next two games? on 14:31 - Nov 23 with 1349 viewsLazyFan

How to approach the next two games? on 14:18 - Nov 23 by Northernr

I agree. Brentford can wait and they usually beat us anyway. But beating Rotherham at this stage is a 6 pointer and therefore this is another reason.

We need to avoid another Charity Park Rangers episode and force the opposition to beat us properly. This is what we did after the Charity gift of the corner to Watford. From then on no more charity and it was evident in QPR being the better team overall. A well-deserved point.

We need to blitz them and score our chances with the ruthlessness of a Dykes penalty. Willock and Niko to start. With Cameron and Wallace dropped. Ball back in DMC and LTC always within 3m of him and Ball of LTC, Chair upfront 2m away from Dykes at all times. Optional Kakay to start if Kane not 100%.

No Charity given, beat us if you can.

zzzzzzzzzz

How to approach the next two games? on 14:32 - Nov 23 with 1344 viewsToast_R

Rotherham are a bit like Comic Relief - only come around every two years and we like to donate points to those less fortunate than ourselves with a joke performance.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 14:34]
How to approach the next two games? on 14:44 - Nov 23 with 1294 viewsBoston

Will Brentford field a weakened side v Barnsley tomorrow? I doubt it. We should start our strongest eleven at Rotherham, three points is the name of the game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How to approach the next two games? on 14:50 - Nov 23 with 1275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All about tomorrow.
Think about Brentford on Wednesday morning.
Then think about the next game after that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

How to approach the next two games? on 15:14 - Nov 23 with 1238 viewsaston_hoop

Of course pick our strongest available XI for every game....but what IS our strongest XI??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

How to approach the next two games? on 19:02 - Nov 23 with 1159 viewswelwynranger

How to approach the next two games? on 14:18 - Nov 23 by Northernr

And defend the first corner
How to approach the next two games? on 19:31 - Nov 23 with 1116 viewsfrancisbowles

How to approach the next two games? on 14:50 - Nov 23 by BrianMcCarthy

All about tomorrow.
Think about Brentford on Wednesday morning.
Then think about the next game after that.

Yes but we have to think about three games in six days as well and certain players fitness and/or fatigue levels.
How to approach the next two games? on 19:32 - Nov 23 with 1111 viewsfrancisbowles

How to approach the next two games? on 15:14 - Nov 23 by aston_hoop

Of course pick our strongest available XI for every game....but what IS our strongest XI??

They may be available but with this number of games, some will need a rest from time to time.
How to approach the next two games? on 21:47 - Nov 23 with 991 viewsloftus77

I think the opinion on this thread is pretty emphatic - and I can only go with it.

I WANT the Brentford game to matter more - but, using my head, it doesn't. Brentford, like Watford, Norwich and Bournemouth are irrelevant to us for now. For. Now.

Our club is going in the right direction. We are making fine strides on and off the field. Season by season we get stronger whereas many others around us (Derby, Brum, Sheff Wed) look to be getting weaker. All this depends on us retaining our Championship status and building up steadily from this point. That means competing with and (at home) beating the teams that DO matter right here right now - Wycombe, Coventry, Barnsley (...) and the Millers tomorrow night.

I troll not. Next Sat ('pleasure') - would love to win. Tomorrow ('business') is 'must win'.
How to approach the next two games? on 22:35 - Nov 23 with 929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How to approach the next two games? on 19:31 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

Yes but we have to think about three games in six days as well and certain players fitness and/or fatigue levels.

Agreed, but you play the fit players for the next game for as long as the physios recommend.
Then you see who's standing for the next game, and so on.
You can rest players for the game after next thinking that they'd be ideal for that game only to lose them in training in between to a new injury.

If they're fit play them, then go again.

How to approach the next two games? on 10:01 - Nov 24 with 674 viewsfrancisbowles

Well we are sort of on the same page Brian. I was basing who plays 'on the sciencific advice' to use modern parlance, as well as who do we need more on Friday.

However, I would say in the example of Cameron if the scientists say
1. he is ok for Tuesday for 6o mins and should be alright for Friday, play him.
2. he is ok for Tuesday but not for Friday, don't play him.
3. he is ok for Tuesday and maybe Friday, tell you then, you have a decision to make - mine would be save him for Friday.

As we know, fatigue is both mental as well as physical and is cumulative. We have to look after and sometimes protect our assets, especially the vulnerable (which as a player Geoff is age wise)

He won't be doing much training anyway, just rest and very light work outs. I know there is a risk he could go over on his ankle or fall ill but it is minimal.
How to approach the next two games? on 10:15 - Nov 24 with 654 viewsPinnerPaul

How to approach the next two games? on 14:32 - Nov 23 by Toast_R

Rotherham are a bit like Comic Relief - only come around every two years and we like to donate points to those less fortunate than ourselves with a joke performance.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 14:34]

One of our worse performances in recent years was home to Rotherham!
How to approach the next two games? on 10:31 - Nov 24 with 638 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How to approach the next two games? on 10:01 - Nov 24 by francisbowles

Well we are sort of on the same page Brian. I was basing who plays 'on the sciencific advice' to use modern parlance, as well as who do we need more on Friday.

However, I would say in the example of Cameron if the scientists say
1. he is ok for Tuesday for 6o mins and should be alright for Friday, play him.
2. he is ok for Tuesday but not for Friday, don't play him.
3. he is ok for Tuesday and maybe Friday, tell you then, you have a decision to make - mine would be save him for Friday.

As we know, fatigue is both mental as well as physical and is cumulative. We have to look after and sometimes protect our assets, especially the vulnerable (which as a player Geoff is age wise)

He won't be doing much training anyway, just rest and very light work outs. I know there is a risk he could go over on his ankle or fall ill but it is minimal.

Fair enough, fb. Very good points. And, to be fair, there are different approaches.

I just think that the next game is always the most important. If, as you say, the sports science says a player is available then he plays. Neither would I rest anyone specifically so that they'd be fit for Brentford - it's just another game.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 10:33]

How to approach the next two games? on 12:48 - Nov 24 with 562 viewsStanFan

How to approach the next two games? on 21:47 - Nov 23 by loftus77

I think the opinion on this thread is pretty emphatic - and I can only go with it.

I WANT the Brentford game to matter more - but, using my head, it doesn't. Brentford, like Watford, Norwich and Bournemouth are irrelevant to us for now. For. Now.

Our club is going in the right direction. We are making fine strides on and off the field. Season by season we get stronger whereas many others around us (Derby, Brum, Sheff Wed) look to be getting weaker. All this depends on us retaining our Championship status and building up steadily from this point. That means competing with and (at home) beating the teams that DO matter right here right now - Wycombe, Coventry, Barnsley (...) and the Millers tomorrow night.

I troll not. Next Sat ('pleasure') - would love to win. Tomorrow ('business') is 'must win'.

Not quite a "must win" yet but I do broadly agree. This is a 6-pointer and right now we do not have the right to take it easy or rest players against a team like Rotherham. A win would make a big difference and is a realistic target, so we do what we can to achieve that.
How to approach the next two games? on 15:15 - Nov 24 with 520 viewskensalriser

We should look to score at least the first goal and keep a clean sheet. That should do it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024