Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest accounts 07:52 - Mar 11 with 5482 viewsNorthernr

For 19/20 (pre-Covid), just the £32m lost this time.

Forest accounts on 07:56 - Mar 11 with 3718 viewsDorse

And to think, they're only 12 or 13 players away from mounting a play off push

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Forest accounts on 07:59 - Mar 11 with 3698 viewsRs_Holy

I assume it means they will breach FFP rules??? does anyone have any idea what the upshot will be?
... a massive fine? 12 points deducted? 6 points deducted? Just ignore it because of everything else thats going on?
Forest accounts on 08:26 - Mar 11 with 3594 viewsstevec

I think it’s time we had our fine rescinded.
Forest accounts on 08:26 - Mar 11 with 3601 viewsGalileo

Forest accounts on 07:59 - Mar 11 by Rs_Holy

I assume it means they will breach FFP rules??? does anyone have any idea what the upshot will be?
... a massive fine? 12 points deducted? 6 points deducted? Just ignore it because of everything else thats going on?

More than likely it will be ignored.

Isn't is obvious by now, a small points deduction or similarly weak punishment applies unless you a have a Q , P and an R in your title.
Forest accounts on 08:34 - Mar 11 with 3559 viewsCamberleyR

£187m total losses? They are royally taking the fcking piss.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Forest accounts on 08:38 - Mar 11 with 3526 viewsloftus77

An immediate, non-rescindable, 20-point deduction and we'll call it quits.
Forest accounts on 08:44 - Mar 11 with 3507 viewsMrSheen

Which of these sales contributed to a profit of £11m? The players going to better clubs were mostly returning at the end of loans, the rest were dumped down the leagues.
https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/nottingham-forest/2020/6/
Perhaps this guy's 2 goals in 6 games persuaded Olympiakos to make a £12m bid for a 32 year-old-striker from a club they own already. Stranger things have happened.
https://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/el-arbi-soudani/
Forest accounts on 08:45 - Mar 11 with 3502 viewsCamberleyR

Some completely deluded Forest fans on that Twitter thread who seem to think those results aren't that bad

Login to get fewer ads

Forest accounts on 08:58 - Mar 11 with 3451 viewsKonk

Forest accounts on 08:45 - Mar 11 by CamberleyR

Some completely deluded Forest fans on that Twitter thread who seem to think those results aren't that bad

If the bloke who thinks Forest are losing £5m per game behind closed doors, is doing Forest’s books, it might explain the state of their finances.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Forest accounts on 09:05 - Mar 11 with 3414 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Forest accounts on 07:56 - Mar 11 by Dorse

And to think, they're only 12 or 13 players away from mounting a play off push

That genuinely made me laugh out loud at my desk.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Forest accounts on 09:11 - Mar 11 with 3392 viewstoboboly

Forest accounts on 07:59 - Mar 11 by Rs_Holy

Points won't come off for 10 years and then will be halved anyway.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Forest accounts on 09:19 - Mar 11 with 3367 viewsMrSheen

Forest accounts on 08:44 - Mar 11 by MrSheen

Which of these sales contributed to a profit of £11m? The players going to better clubs were mostly returning at the end of loans, the rest were dumped down the leagues.
Perhaps this guy's 2 goals in 6 games persuaded Olympiakos to make a £12m bid for a 32 year-old-striker from a club they own already. Stranger things have happened.

The internet tells me they sold a 19-year-old called Arvin Appiah to Almeria in the the Spanish second division for £8m after 6 league appearances. He's now on loan at a third division team.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arvin-appiah/profil/spieler/433257
All perfectly above board, obviously.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/almeria-owner-turki-al-sheikh-net-worth-inves
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:28]
Forest accounts on 09:53 - Mar 11 with 3219 viewsNorthernr

Forest accounts on 08:45 - Mar 11 by CamberleyR

That's basically cheap shots at Derby, which is all that matters in that part of the world. If your club loses £100m it doesn't matter as long as Derby lost £102m.

Also one of the most deluded fanbases going. Good for a bit in the 70s/80s under a miraculous manager, mostly sht before, mostly sht since, and yet some sort of God complex about their place in the world. Every year is their year. Even when they were on that obviously ridiculous trolley dash in the summer, 14 players deep into the window, you were seeing Tweets saying they still needed another winger and full back.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Forest accounts on 09:59 - Mar 11 with 3176 viewsKonk

Forest accounts on 09:53 - Mar 11 by Northernr

That's basically cheap shots at Derby, which is all that matters in that part of the world. If your club loses £100m it doesn't matter as long as Derby lost £102m.

Also one of the most deluded fanbases going. Good for a bit in the 70s/80s under a miraculous manager, mostly sht before, mostly sht since, and yet some sort of God complex about their place in the world. Every year is their year. Even when they were on that obviously ridiculous trolley dash in the summer, 14 players deep into the window, you were seeing Tweets saying they still needed another winger and full back.

I know - great isn't it. Maybe Forest can sell the City Ground to Mel Morris? If he paid £80m for Pride Park, imagine what he'd pay for the City Ground? Nice part of town, right next to the river, a great pork cob shop just round the corner...gotta be worth £200m to Mel Morris?

Forest accounts on 10:03 - Mar 11 with 3147 viewsted_hendrix

I'm done with all this FFP bolox, what's the bloody point anymore?

Clubs just seem to do what they want now anyway.

The Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday nonsense done for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Forest accounts on 10:09 - Mar 11 with 3106 viewsCroydonCaptJack

We need our resident FFP expert Rollercoaster on this.

I will summon him
Forest accounts on 10:10 - Mar 11 with 3103 viewsKonk

One of my best mates is a Forest fan, and him and his mates have always been pretty grounded about Forest's place in the grand scheme of things; it's why Clough is still worshipped so much; most of them know that amazing spell was a once in a lifetime spell for a club of their size. You would have expected them to have had a year or two back in the PL since they were last up, though; they are one of the bigger clubs in the division.

That said, I've always enjoyed watching him shut gobby fans of "big" clubs up at work up by simply lifting two fingers in the air - "We went to Europe...we won the cup twice". Was even better before Man Utd got their second. One of my favourite away days and I loved the sides Clough put out. Hope they get a decent owner at some point.

Forest accounts on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 3081 viewsqprxtc

If Rangers won the league and two European cups, we would be greater than God’s dad (at the moment we’re just bigger than The Beatles) and I’d certainly be shoving it in the face of Rochdale fans.
Forest accounts on 10:16 - Mar 11 with 3060 viewsCamberleyR

"Good for a bit in the 70s/80s under a miraculous manager, mostly sht before, mostly sht since, and yet some sort of God complex about their place in the world."

Forest and Derby fans have a lot more in common than they would like to admit.

Also according to one of those deluded Forest fans I Twitter quoted earlier, apparently the bill for Knockaert, Murray, Taylor, Arter, Freeman, Christie, McKenna, Krovinovic and the rest of their cast of thousands is sorted because of the £16m they got for Cash

Forest accounts on 10:30 - Mar 11 with 3005 viewsrsonist

Forest accounts on 08:44 - Mar 11 by MrSheen

Ben Osborn was reportedly £3m, the main one was Arvin Appiah for "up to" £8m- an indirect Mendes advisement backhander to the fishy Sheikh bankrolled Almeria. Soudani sold by the owner to himself making up the rest.
Forest accounts on 10:35 - Mar 11 with 2979 viewsEsox_Lucius

Forest accounts on 08:26 - Mar 11 by stevec

I think it’s time we had our fine rescinded.

Why? we did it, we got busted. It may, in retrospect, be the best thing that could have happened in the circumstances.

The grass is always greener.

Forest accounts on 10:44 - Mar 11 with 2937 viewsbosh67

I think we are starting to see clubs that seem to know that we would probably be the last public FFP execution and are now doing what they like because unless it is us then they'll probably just get a slapped wrist.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forest accounts on 10:51 - Mar 11 with 2903 viewsfrancisbowles

Forest accounts on 10:35 - Mar 11 by Esox_Lucius

Why? we did it, we got busted. It may, in retrospect, be the best thing that could have happened in the circumstances.

Don't disagree with that Essox but it is a bit of a limited view.

We broke rules that were already declared unfit for purpose by the time we were punished. Others have since offended the new 'improved' rules and have got off very lightly in comparison. Birmingham's points deduction applied at the end of a season and reduced because they admitted the offence, which subsequently meant it was meaningless. Sheff Wednesday points deduction halved on appeal.

Should we have been sanctioned, yes undoubtedly but the sanction is still being applied in a time when the economic landscape has altered and seemingly FFP for the pandemic seasons has or will be suspended. It is time for the football league to draw a line under the matter and for a minimum suspend the rest of the fine, for our recent good conduct under the control of Lee Hoos.
Forest accounts on 10:58 - Mar 11 with 2882 viewsQPR_John

Forest accounts on 10:35 - Mar 11 by Esox_Lucius

We did it and we got busted is true and I do not think many people disagree. What I disagree with is the size of the punishment. Clearly the FL thought our punishment would be a deterrent to other clubs but when it was seen not to be they changed the rules. No other club have been penalised as much as us. Birmingham were in effect not punished at all. Other clubs now seem to break FFP with impunity. I can only guess as to why the club have not appealed the punishment compared to others.
Forest accounts on 11:03 - Mar 11 with 2839 viewsEastR

Forest accounts on 09:59 - Mar 11 by Konk

I know - great isn't it. Maybe Forest can sell the City Ground to Mel Morris? If he paid £80m for Pride Park, imagine what he'd pay for the City Ground? Nice part of town, right next to the river, a great pork cob shop just round the corner...gotta be worth £200m to Mel Morris?

Its notable that (as far as I am aware) the EFL has yet to pronounce finally on the legitimacy of the Derby ground sale, and its impact or not on their financial results for that period

I reckon they're hoping the longer they leave it the more likely it is to get lost in any takeover that might happen and it can all be forgotten about

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024