Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Lorimer RIP 10:18 - Mar 20 with 1682 viewsloftboy

Who didn’t try and emulate his shooting as a kid.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Peter Lorimer RIP on 10:23 - Mar 20 with 1655 viewsflynnbo

RIP. They'e lost Charlton, Cherry, Hunter and now Lorimer all very recently.
Peter Lorimer RIP on 10:31 - Mar 20 with 1622 views2Thomas2Bowles

I saw that he was very ill a couple of weeks ago

He sure could smash a shot, think back in the day they reckoned it was the fastest in the world.

R I P

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Peter Lorimer RIP on 10:56 - Mar 20 with 1596 viewsbosh67

RIP. Great player and goal scorer. I think they coined the phrase 'when he hits a ball it stays hit!' after him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Peter Lorimer RIP on 10:56 - Mar 20 with 1602 viewshoopsmark

RIP...Great words from Bob Wilson just now on Talkshite.....

'When Bremner passed to Lorimer,Mr Wilson was always on his toes'......
Peter Lorimer RIP on 11:12 - Mar 20 with 1573 viewsMrSheen

Also known as Lorimer, one-nil and Alon Ben-Avraham for a little while.

http://www.jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=2556
Peter Lorimer RIP on 12:36 - Mar 20 with 1486 views2Thomas2Bowles

And the first goal they show of his on FF is against........ US

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Peter Lorimer RIP on 12:46 - Mar 20 with 1485 viewsSonofNorfolt

Scored the winner in the European Cup Final.
Peter Lorimer RIP on 13:06 - Mar 20 with 1447 viewsNorthantsHoop

A great player, saw him play for Leeds at QPR a couple of times, notably when he was the sub at our final home game of the 1975-76 season, when we beat them 2-0 in front of a crowd of over 30,000.
Login to get fewer ads

Peter Lorimer RIP on 13:53 - Mar 20 with 1370 viewsjohncharles

Great player and when he was on the the pitch there was always a chance of a thunderbolt.
RIP

Strong and stable my arse.

Peter Lorimer RIP on 14:01 - Mar 20 with 1369 viewsMyke

Peter Lorimer RIP on 13:06 - Mar 20 by NorthantsHoop

A great player, saw him play for Leeds at QPR a couple of times, notably when he was the sub at our final home game of the 1975-76 season, when we beat them 2-0 in front of a crowd of over 30,000.

The atmosphere must have been awesome that day. Imagine 30k packed in to Loftus Road and beating one of the top teams in the country
Peter Lorimer RIP on 14:03 - Mar 20 with 1361 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was at Elland Road in ‘83 when he made his return. The place was buzzing and ‘90 miles an hour’ was bellowing out around the ground.

If memory serves, he came off the bench and when the ball was played to him, he took a wallop of a shot that looked more like an exorcet let loose.

Thing is; he was whacking them when the balls weighed more than a medicine ball when wet.

RIP.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Peter Lorimer RIP on 14:43 - Mar 20 with 1327 viewsBostonR

Peter Lorimer RIP on 14:01 - Mar 20 by Myke

The atmosphere must have been awesome that day. Imagine 30k packed in to Loftus Road and beating one of the top teams in the country

Incredible atmosphere with thousands locked out. RIP, Mr Lorimer.
Peter Lorimer RIP on 14:45 - Mar 20 with 1314 viewsstowmarketrange

It was mate.It was the biggest crowd I’d been in at Loftus road.31,002,and I think the odd 2 were Leeds fans.
Peter Lorimer RIP on 19:19 - Mar 20 with 1242 viewsrsocks

Or rather imagine over 35,000 crammed into Loftus Road and Leeds losing to the best team in the league.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 19:20]
Peter Lorimer RIP on 19:38 - Mar 20 with 1223 viewsVancouverHoop

He also played 80 matches here for the Whitecaps, directly before his return to Leeds.
Peter Lorimer RIP on 19:56 - Mar 20 with 1205 viewsManinBlack

I think our biggest crowd was 35,353 at the end of the 73-74 season when Leeds won 1-0 as champions. It was claimed over 7,000 Leeds fans were in the ground. I believe we handed them champagne before the game and their keeper was motm for his second half saves. It was a slightly smaller crowd in 1976 but not as relaxed but the result was better.

One of the big memories of Lorimer is for his failure to score a last minute penalty against non league Wimbledon when Dickie Guy saved it rather overshadowing all the goals he scored.

RIP Peter.
Peter Lorimer RIP on 21:30 - Mar 20 with 1137 viewsDWQPR

Peter Lorimer RIP on 19:56 - Mar 20 by ManinBlack

I think our biggest crowd was 35,353 at the end of the 73-74 season when Leeds won 1-0 as champions. It was claimed over 7,000 Leeds fans were in the ground. I believe we handed them champagne before the game and their keeper was motm for his second half saves. It was a slightly smaller crowd in 1976 but not as relaxed but the result was better.

One of the big memories of Lorimer is for his failure to score a last minute penalty against non league Wimbledon when Dickie Guy saved it rather overshadowing all the goals he scored.

RIP Peter.

The reason the crowd for our ‘championship winning game’ in ‘76 was lower than the crowd at the end of the 73-74 season was because the installation of seats in the paddock.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Peter Lorimer RIP on 22:26 - Mar 20 with 1114 viewsqpr_1968

great player, rip peter.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Peter Lorimer RIP on 23:46 - Mar 20 with 1063 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Too young to remember him but they just showed some footage on motd.

Looked quite similar to le Tissier?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Peter Lorimer RIP on 00:50 - Mar 21 with 1035 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm too young to remember him play but I did meet him about 15 years ago whilst working in Leeds. He owned a pub in the middle of a gritty industrial estate. They made a mean steak pie and there were football stories a plenty. Sure as hell beat queueing for Greggs.

RIP.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 0:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024