Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens before next season? 14:45 - Apr 23 with 12030 viewsSnipper

Yesterday’s astonishing result means we’re likely to still be in the Championship next season.

There’s no doubt about it, there needs to be an overhaul in players and upstairs.

1. What should happen?

2. What will happen?
What happens before next season? on 15:40 - Apr 23 with 6821 viewsPinnerPaul

1/ Lots

2/ Lots

Most of which will be what we don't want/expect!
What happens before next season? on 16:44 - Apr 23 with 6595 viewsDamo1962

Personally, I am going to have a complete break from QPR during the summer.This season has taken its toll on me...more than I expected TBH. If we are still in the Championship, which now seems most likely, we are going to have another difficult season - but I'm hoping if we can start winning more games at LR...then we should stay out of trouble. Two more games to fret over...then that's me done till August 😎
What happens before next season? on 17:14 - Apr 23 with 6542 viewsBklynRanger

All of the shit ones need to get in the sea and be replaced by better ones.

This includes the ones in the fancy offices with the windows and the mouse mats, as well as the running around ones, AND anyone who isn't very good at telling the running around ones what to do.

We get rid of all of them and get in better ones more deserving of our windows, mouse mats and track suits.
What happens before next season? on 17:29 - Apr 23 with 6456 viewsdannyblue

I asked ChatGPT:

I can provide some general suggestions on how a football club like QPR (Queens Park Rangers) can plan to be more successful in the upcoming season:

Strengthen the squad: Evaluate the current squad, identify the areas that need improvement and bring in new players who can fill the gaps. The recruitment process should focus on players who can bring value to the team and fit into the club's playing style.

Develop a clear game plan: Work with the coaching staff to develop a clear game plan that emphasizes the team's strengths and minimizes weaknesses. Players should be trained to execute this plan on the pitch, and the tactics should be flexible enough to adapt to different opponents.

Improve team morale and communication: It's important to foster a positive team culture where players feel valued, supported, and motivated. Encourage open communication and teamwork, and address any issues or conflicts that may arise in a timely manner.

Focus on player development: Invest in developing young players from the academy to create a strong foundation for the future. Provide opportunities for them to train with the first team and give them opportunities to play in lower-level competitions.

Improve fan engagement: Engage with fans through social media, events, and other activities to create a strong connection between the club and its supporters. This can improve the club's reputation and attract new fans, which can in turn generate more revenue for the club.

Overall, achieving success in football requires a combination of factors, including a strong team culture, talented players, effective coaching, and a clear game plan. By focusing on these areas, QPR can increase its chances of success in the upcoming season.
What happens before next season? on 17:52 - Apr 23 with 6371 viewsAntti_Heinola

Let's suppose for a moment we stay up (still far from confortable). We will lose from the squad:

Roberts
Iroegbunam
Laird
Lowe
Balogun
Martin

for certain. We then might well sell, release or try to lose:

Amos
Johansen
Willock
Chair
Dieng
Dozzell
Field

The reason I place our saleable assets (who have all lost value significantly since last summer) in there is because of the first list: we have serious rebuilding to do, we're up against FFP and we need money to re-build. I would say almost anyone we can get a fee for might well be leaving.

Ferdinand will go. Hoos may go too. If Ferdinand goes, that could potentially mean a huge upheaval at Academy level, from Ramsey down.

So essentially, we're possibly in a position of an entire re-structure of the club and of all the main senior positions being replaced. If we stay up, you'd imagine Ainsworth will stay, but much as I love him, the idea of him being the most senior person for an entire club restructuring and massive team re-building (potentially: keeper, CB, minimum two fullbacks, up to three midfielders, likely two attackers and maybe a striker) is... a concern.

Put simply, I would prepare for absolute chaos this summer, and if we do stay up, that should be tempered by the extreme likelihood that next season is likely to be even more of a struggle than this one.

Bare bones.

What happens before next season? on 18:11 - Apr 23 with 6299 viewsjoolsyp

What happens before next season? on 17:52 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Let's suppose for a moment we stay up (still far from confortable). We will lose from the squad:

Roberts
Iroegbunam
Laird
Lowe
Balogun
Martin

Amos
Johansen
Willock
Chair
Dieng
Dozzell
Field

The reason I place our saleable assets (who have all lost value significantly since last summer) in there is because of the first list: we have serious rebuilding to do, we're up against FFP and we need money to re-build. I would say almost anyone we can get a fee for might well be leaving.

Ferdinand will go. Hoos may go too. If Ferdinand goes, that could potentially mean a huge upheaval at Academy level, from Ramsey down.

So essentially, we're possibly in a position of an entire re-structure of the club and of all the main senior positions being replaced. If we stay up, you'd imagine Ainsworth will stay, but much as I love him, the idea of him being the most senior person for an entire club restructuring and massive team re-building (potentially: keeper, CB, minimum two fullbacks, up to three midfielders, likely two attackers and maybe a striker) is... a concern.

Put simply, I would prepare for absolute chaos this summer, and if we do stay up, that should be tempered by the extreme likelihood that next season is likely to be even more of a struggle than this one.

No Dykes in the sell list? I like him a lot but I'd imagine if Beale comes in for him for 3-5 million he'll be gone.

That Motherwell striker (Dutch guy, Kevin Van Veen) might be worth a look. 24 goals this season.
What happens before next season? on 18:49 - Apr 23 with 6117 viewsdavman

What happens before next season? on 18:11 - Apr 23 by joolsyp

No Dykes in the sell list? I like him a lot but I'd imagine if Beale comes in for him for 3-5 million he'll be gone.

That Motherwell striker (Dutch guy, Kevin Van Veen) might be worth a look. 24 goals this season.

Whatever they do, the immediate priority is the playing squad, specifically the first team.Re-build the Academy after we have a first team that can compete.

After this season, it it is not bolted down, find a way of getting rid of it whilst staying within FFP. The Academy is rubbish and producing nothing of note. We have so many staff on the books, purge them. Get a new DoF in, get a plan and f***king well stick to it for once.

Face it, those players can't be what we think of them because we have been the worst team the Championship has ever seen. If anyone is willing to pay for them, off they go.

The only exceptions for me are Dykes, Field, Chair, Armstrong. The rest of 'em? Get what you can for them and start again.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What happens before next season? on 18:57 - Apr 23 with 6071 viewsDejR_vu

Double-post
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 19:00]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

What happens before next season? on 18:59 - Apr 23 with 6057 viewsDejR_vu

Personally I’m not counting any chickens just yet. I wouldn’t trust this lot as far as I could throw them

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What happens before next season? on 19:29 - Apr 23 with 5940 viewsRangersw12

I'm very concerned if we leave everything to Ainsworth.

His style of football worries me and we will all be moaning by October when we're bottom half playing hoofball with journeyman cloggers in the team.

Whoever is in charge it will be a difficult season regardless but I would like a manager who actually tries to play football rather than a clone of Wimbledon of the 80's
What happens before next season? on 19:34 - Apr 23 with 5895 viewsRangersw12

What happens before next season? on 18:59 - Apr 23 by DejR_vu

Personally I’m not counting any chickens just yet. I wouldn’t trust this lot as far as I could throw them

It would be classic Rangers to lose the next 2 and go down on goal difference
What happens before next season? on 19:44 - Apr 23 with 5871 viewsbosh67

This

We are still incredibly capable of f*cking this up, even now.

I actually fear that whatever happens we'll be forced to sell our assets, however good or bad they have been with almost no way of replacing them, unless we really do adopt a youth policy and perhaps raid a few non-league sides that have some rough diamonds. I wouldn't be against the latter. There are some quality players at that level who would really want to take the step up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What happens before next season? on 20:43 - Apr 23 with 5656 viewsderbyhoop

What happens before next season? on 17:29 - Apr 23 by dannyblue

I asked ChatGPT:

I can provide some general suggestions on how a football club like QPR (Queens Park Rangers) can plan to be more successful in the upcoming season:

Strengthen the squad: Evaluate the current squad, identify the areas that need improvement and bring in new players who can fill the gaps. The recruitment process should focus on players who can bring value to the team and fit into the club's playing style.

Develop a clear game plan: Work with the coaching staff to develop a clear game plan that emphasizes the team's strengths and minimizes weaknesses. Players should be trained to execute this plan on the pitch, and the tactics should be flexible enough to adapt to different opponents.

Improve team morale and communication: It's important to foster a positive team culture where players feel valued, supported, and motivated. Encourage open communication and teamwork, and address any issues or conflicts that may arise in a timely manner.

Focus on player development: Invest in developing young players from the academy to create a strong foundation for the future. Provide opportunities for them to train with the first team and give them opportunities to play in lower-level competitions.

Improve fan engagement: Engage with fans through social media, events, and other activities to create a strong connection between the club and its supporters. This can improve the club's reputation and attract new fans, which can in turn generate more revenue for the club.

Overall, achieving success in football requires a combination of factors, including a strong team culture, talented players, effective coaching, and a clear game plan. By focusing on these areas, QPR can increase its chances of success in the upcoming season.

You needed ChatGPT to find that?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What happens before next season? on 21:20 - Apr 23 with 5510 viewsstevec

What happens before next season? on 17:29 - Apr 23 by dannyblue

I asked ChatGPT:

Whatever it is, remind me never to ask ChatGPT.
What happens before next season? on 22:32 - Apr 23 with 5275 viewsAntti_Heinola

What happens before next season? on 18:49 - Apr 23 by davman

Whatever they do, the immediate priority is the playing squad, specifically the first team.Re-build the Academy after we have a first team that can compete.

After this season, it it is not bolted down, find a way of getting rid of it whilst staying within FFP. The Academy is rubbish and producing nothing of note. We have so many staff on the books, purge them. Get a new DoF in, get a plan and f***king well stick to it for once.

Face it, those players can't be what we think of them because we have been the worst team the Championship has ever seen. If anyone is willing to pay for them, off they go.

The only exceptions for me are Dykes, Field, Chair, Armstrong. The rest of 'em? Get what you can for them and start again.

i think they have stuck to the plan. 18 months ago it appeared to be working to some degree. Just as I don't think everything was fine then, I can't really believe it's all bad now. Basically the only players we can hope to get to the first team are the ones who don't look that good at 14-17 because if they do, they'll be nicked. So they have to be later developers - at least, that's how it seems to me. So it's very difficult to tell, without actually attending all age groups over the course of a year or two, which of these staff (and let's remember here with all this talk of purges and mass sackings that these are actual people - they're not earning footballer money) should be retained or whether the system is hindering or helping them - it's just lashing out wildly with easy assumptions.

Very easy to just say 'get what you can and start again' too - inside a couple of months, at Championship level? Maybe at League One, with our resources, but we may not be able to afford to be quite so picky.

Bare bones.

What happens before next season? on 23:25 - Apr 23 with 5088 viewsWatfordR

What happens before next season? on 22:32 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

i think they have stuck to the plan. 18 months ago it appeared to be working to some degree. Just as I don't think everything was fine then, I can't really believe it's all bad now. Basically the only players we can hope to get to the first team are the ones who don't look that good at 14-17 because if they do, they'll be nicked. So they have to be later developers - at least, that's how it seems to me. So it's very difficult to tell, without actually attending all age groups over the course of a year or two, which of these staff (and let's remember here with all this talk of purges and mass sackings that these are actual people - they're not earning footballer money) should be retained or whether the system is hindering or helping them - it's just lashing out wildly with easy assumptions.

Very easy to just say 'get what you can and start again' too - inside a couple of months, at Championship level? Maybe at League One, with our resources, but we may not be able to afford to be quite so picky.

I think the point you made in your earlier post is of much much greater concern. If Ferdinand and Hoos both go, we've potentially got a summer with no one running the club. And I think that would be a bigger sh1tshow for the club than selling off most of the playing squad.

it doesn't bear thinking about.
What happens before next season? on 00:06 - Apr 24 with 5020 viewsdaveB

What happens before next season? on 23:25 - Apr 23 by WatfordR

I think the point you made in your earlier post is of much much greater concern. If Ferdinand and Hoos both go, we've potentially got a summer with no one running the club. And I think that would be a bigger sh1tshow for the club than selling off most of the playing squad.

it doesn't bear thinking about.

they would both need to be replaced and you would hope that process is going on at the moment
What happens before next season? on 07:05 - Apr 24 with 4831 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This.

Until it is mathematically done and dusted, QPR would be wise to treat Stoke as if our existence depended upon it.

If - and it is still a big if - we're safe before the Brizzel game, then I'd look to start as many pups as possible. Let's have a look at them because as said above 'lots' will be going on between now and when the next transfer window closes. Lots!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What happens before next season? on 08:56 - Apr 24 with 4596 viewsDorse

Normally, I default to the 'It's not as good as you'd hope nor as bad as you fear'- position. However, I think the situation going into the summer is a full Brown Alert. Not quite at Brown Alert + Bicycle Clips but pretty fùcking close. It looks to me like the entire squad is up for sale and/or available and will probably be replaced in one go: when has that ever worked for us?

Case in point: promoted under Colin and within 20 mins of Fernandes arrival we've brought in half a squad only bring the other half in during January. Even with that financial heft we still got royally boned. Fast forward to the post-COVID, FFP-burdened, thrice bitten QPR of 2023, with piss-all financial headroom, a lovely new training ground that makes HQ look like Stig of the Dump's air b'n'b, a new manager, potential root and branch reform iff the pitch...

We may live in interesting times.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 12:57]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What happens before next season? on 08:56 - Apr 24 with 4594 viewsQPROslo

We need to concentrate 100% on staying up. Only when we have seen performances these last 2 decisive games and know which Division we are in can we address next season. It looks like we will need to sell due to FFP, but we need to be careful not to throw everything out with the bathwater as that will likely lead to another relegation struggle next season whichever League we end up in.
What happens before next season? on 09:19 - Apr 24 with 4514 viewsWatfordR

What happens before next season? on 00:06 - Apr 24 by daveB

they would both need to be replaced and you would hope that process is going on at the moment

You would hope, wouldn't you?

The problem being, that if you have owners who have left the day to day running of the club to LH and LF, and they are gone, it's not only who replaces them, it's what the process for replacing them is. It's not very often you'll have someone who is leaving interviewing and choosing their replacement, is it?

If it is just LF that goes, it is perhaps less of a problem because there is still a management structure - LH - in place.

Put another way, would we feel comfortable with Ruben and Amit appointing a new CEO and DoF, or more specifically, the right CEO and DoF?
What happens before next season? on 09:34 - Apr 24 with 4430 viewsdmm

To stretch the thought that there'll be massive changes this summer, what happens if that includes the owners?

It's almost 12 years since Fernandes et al took over. They had their fun in the early years of their ownership but for the most part it's been very disappointing if not downright embarrassing; particularly when it costs them £2m a month to keep the show on the road.

After the season we've had, might this year be the time they sell up? After all, what reason do they have to stay?
What happens before next season? on 10:13 - Apr 24 with 4292 viewsPinnerPaul

What happens before next season? on 17:52 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Roberts
Iroegbunam
Laird
Lowe
Balogun
Martin

Amos
Johansen
Willock
Chair
Dieng
Dozzell
Field

Not sure why GA as the main man should be a concern given he ran Wycombe for so long.

"more of a struggle" - not sure that's really possible given the stats this season!

I think our agree to disagree folder is getting full to bursting now!
What happens before next season? on 10:26 - Apr 24 with 4240 viewsdaveB

What happens before next season? on 10:13 - Apr 24 by PinnerPaul

Not sure why GA as the main man should be a concern given he ran Wycombe for so long.

"more of a struggle" - not sure that's really possible given the stats this season!

I think our agree to disagree folder is getting full to bursting now!

the financial situation in needing to make up 10million this summer whilst also improving the squad is going to make next year very difficult.
What happens before next season? on 10:40 - Apr 24 with 4174 viewsClive_Anderson

What happens before next season? on 10:26 - Apr 24 by daveB

the financial situation in needing to make up 10million this summer whilst also improving the squad is going to make next year very difficult.

If we can avoid a points deduction then a couple of relegation spots might be taken up by teams having points deducted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024