Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson on facebook 11:59 - Jun 20 with 36150 viewsjudd

To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least. I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released. I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner. It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least. I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth. I would have thought with all that I have given to this football club over those 7 1/2 years would have meant I would have been treated with a level of respect, the same level of respect I have always shown them.

Anyway, unfortunately I will now be leaving a football club, so dear to mine and my family’s heart, but not in the way I had dreamed and envisioned it ending.

Finally I would like to thank the incredible supporters who I have always had such a special relationship and affinity with and I hope I have brought some happiness and joy to you throughout my time with the football club. I can leave knowing I left all that I could give out there on the football pitch and with my head held high. I am big enough to take things on the chin and one thing this current pandemic has shown us all is life is too short and precious and therefore I will not hold a grudge. Up the Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:31 - Jun 20 with 2514 viewsfitzochris

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:29 - Jun 20 by rochedale

Regardless of what the finer details were, the fact that he’s found out about his own destiny via social media rather than in person, absolutely stinks.

If that’s true, I think you will find universal agreement. It really would be a shoddy way to let anybody know, never mind somebody that has achieved so much with us.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:33 - Jun 20 with 2491 views100notout

Regardless of what the finer details were, the fact that he’s found out about his own destiny via social media rather than in person, absolutely stinks.

Agreed - never have basic communications from the club been so poor as they are currently - pandemic or no pandemic. If true this is just another example of many

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:34 - Jun 20 with 2470 viewssweetcorn

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:30 - Jun 20 by judd

Don't forget the shameful treatment of Chris Dunphy.

I actually had, which only makes my head shake more.

So that's our greatest chairman, manager and player all treated like shit when leaving the club. What's been the common denominator with all 3..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:37 - Jun 20 with 2434 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:34 - Jun 20 by sweetcorn

I actually had, which only makes my head shake more.

So that's our greatest chairman, manager and player all treated like shit when leaving the club. What's been the common denominator with all 3..

Exactly.

This recent trend of erasing history was started at RAFC

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:37 - Jun 20 with 2426 viewsD_Alien

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:24 - Jun 20 by isitme

It does, although the final offer from us might be better than what is now on offer elsewhere. How many players in the twilight of their careers are going to get a three year deal from a lower league club with the financial climate, uncertainties of when the new season with actually start and the potential of a salary cap.

Would Salford offer him a 3 year deal on 4,000 a week when in year two of his contract he is taking up nearly 20% of their salary cap?

Oh i agree with all of that

If there were to be any possibility of a further deal being offered, subsequent to the new season becoming clearer, referring very publicly to a lack of truth and respect makes it very much more difficult

That's not to say Hendo isn't justified in doing so
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 12:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:38 - Jun 20 with 2407 viewsjonahwhereru

The old adage “a bird in the hand” situation here. It seems. I read it that he could have had a two year extension on same terms , if not better, in The early part of the year. but instead decided to enter protracted negiations via his agents. Unfortunately for all Covid caught up with the situation.

The board really do need to be more careful in dealing with the way it finishes people up. Another John Hollins fiasco . Learn a lesson please.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:39 - Jun 20 with 2400 viewsRaymondJohn

Wow.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:40 - Jun 20 with 2388 viewsrochedale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:31 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

If that’s true, I think you will find universal agreement. It really would be a shoddy way to let anybody know, never mind somebody that has achieved so much with us.

If it is true, and this is the treatment given to a club legend (in the making), what chance have any other players got. Can you imagine if potential recruits are to hear of this. Not really a great selling point of the club.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:41 - Jun 20 with 2377 viewsfitzochris

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:40 - Jun 20 by rochedale

If it is true, and this is the treatment given to a club legend (in the making), what chance have any other players got. Can you imagine if potential recruits are to hear of this. Not really a great selling point of the club.

It sounds like a major own goal, for sure.

As 442 says, we need to hear from BBM.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 2344 viewsD_Alien

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:41 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think the chances are of that happening?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 2343 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:41 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

BBM won't speak out of turn.

Contract details aside, Hendo must be absolutely certain of his facts to go so public.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:45 - Jun 20 with 2329 viewsfunkkk

The more I hear the more upset and angry I get.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:46 - Jun 20 with 2327 viewsRaymondJohn

Wow. However how he is told, respect etc. Really depends on the relationship with whom the responsibity was with.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:48 - Jun 20 with 2298 viewsRAFCBLUE

Same MO as the Goldbond agents.

Even if the decision was going to be to release Hendo the least it would have merited would be a phone call.

Our organisation seems to struggle fronting up to tell people they are no longer required and saying thank you to them.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:49 - Jun 20 with 2287 viewsTomRAFC

If this is true, then the club have not only mistreated a club legend but also thrown away one of the most consistent goal scorers in English football.

As other people have already stated, this kind of behaviour is becoming far too frequent.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:51 - Jun 20 with 2258 viewsNorthernDale

If it is true, that the board and BBM needs to answer some serious questions, if Hendo was not asking more money, then what in gods name is the club up to?

The board as already upset the fans with the decision with the ,grade A and B game system, then the Lotto and now this disgraceful action towards Henderson will come close to destroying any faith the fans have in the board. I do not know if they are doing it on purpose or they are just incompetent when making decisions, not realising how the fans will react or not caring.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:55 - Jun 20 with 2216 viewsShun

Regardless of what the truth is, that’s now the club’s two biggest playing legends in the past few decades, and the greatest chairman we’ve ever had, who have left under a huge cloud. Yes, there are two sides to every story but the fact that very murky cloud exists for three undeniable club legends is unforgivable.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:56 - Jun 20 with 2207 viewsJames1980

I thought one of the things we prided ourselves on was our integrity. Shocking treatment of a club legend. Was it the Minay tweet or the released list Hendo is referring to I wonder. Who leaked the information to BBC RM?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:57 - Jun 20 with 2199 viewsboromat

Gary Jones
Chris Dunphy
Ian Henderson

Think we have found an area we need to improve in.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:03 - Jun 20 with 2154 viewsTalkingSutty

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:27 - Jun 20 by boromat

"I was not being told the whole truth"

Tell us about it Ian! Seems to be an ever increasing issue at the club.

Thats unfair because if those in the Boardroom said the moon was made of cream cheese we have plenty who would believe them. Henderson is a very intelligent fella and he wouldn't put a statement out in the public domain if he couldn't back it up. Look at how our lotto agents have just been treated and now we have this.

I was criticised for not showing those in the Boardroom respect a couple of weeks ago, people have to earn it with me and none of them have, it's that simple. Every couple of weeks you learn of more and more things, the sooner this lot clear off the better. One last thing...a farewell interview with Fitzchris would be a nice send off for him.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 13:15]
Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:14 - Jun 20 with 2062 viewsborodale

Two agents needed to extend a contract, tells you all you need to know.. Thanks and good luck.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:16 - Jun 20 with 2049 viewsboromat

Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:03 - Jun 20 by TalkingSutty

Thats unfair because if those in the Boardroom said the moon was made of cream cheese we have plenty who would believe them. Henderson is a very intelligent fella and he wouldn't put a statement out in the public domain if he couldn't back it up. Look at how our lotto agents have just been treated and now we have this.

I was criticised for not showing those in the Boardroom respect a couple of weeks ago, people have to earn it with me and none of them have, it's that simple. Every couple of weeks you learn of more and more things, the sooner this lot clear off the better. One last thing...a farewell interview with Fitzchris would be a nice send off for him.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 13:15]

Wires crossed here maybe?

My post was having a bit of a go at the board.

Obviously no one's perfect but there's too much coming out at the moment for some of it not to be true. There's also too much information coming out from different parties on different topics that just don't line up.

Feels like we need a real reset and reshuffle. It doesn't help as has been mentioned that we have a chairman in title alone (or so it seems).

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:23 - Jun 20 with 2003 views49thseason

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:23 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

Maybe BBM found out at the same times as Henderson? Maybe BBM isn’t happy with some of the released list?

I think the pandemic has but a lot of strain on the relationship between playing staff and the board.

Which is why, at times like these, the quality of communications should be outstanding , regular and precise. To leave any stone unturned , any shadow of doubt , is simply unforgivable. All our players deserve to be treated with respect and in the same way that those responsible would like to be treated.
Dismissal, end of contract, withdrawal of contract, call it what you will, this is a shoddy end for a loyal servant and someone who has almost single handedly kept the clubs head above water for the last 7+ years.
If you thouht the sacking of Keith Hill was poorly handled, and the removal of Chris Dumphy was underhand , this is a new low. And there is a consistent thread running through all these disreputable affairs.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:25 - Jun 20 with 1990 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:38 - Jun 20 by jonahwhereru

The old adage “a bird in the hand” situation here. It seems. I read it that he could have had a two year extension on same terms , if not better, in The early part of the year. but instead decided to enter protracted negiations via his agents. Unfortunately for all Covid caught up with the situation.

The board really do need to be more careful in dealing with the way it finishes people up. Another John Hollins fiasco . Learn a lesson please.

Surely a two year deal, with targets to be met to trigger a third year could have been sorted

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:51 - Jun 20 with 1845 viewsTalkingSutty

Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:16 - Jun 20 by boromat

Wires crossed here maybe?

My post was having a bit of a go at the board.

Obviously no one's perfect but there's too much coming out at the moment for some of it not to be true. There's also too much information coming out from different parties on different topics that just don't line up.

Feels like we need a real reset and reshuffle. It doesn't help as has been mentioned that we have a chairman in title alone (or so it seems).

No I agreed with you, it was my attempt at sarcasm that didn’t work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024