Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If not BBM then who 18:03 - Mar 6 with 22991 viewsSheffield_dale

After watching that I've cracked open a second bottle of wine 😋

I've been supportive of BBM, knowing/understanding the players and budget he is working with.

For the record I expected us to be where we are. What I didn't expect is the lack of fight, lack of goals and lack of shape. It does seem like the end, regrettably.

Some people have suggested Cowley/Holloway/Bowyer et al. Realistically there is no chance we can afford them.

More likely it will be an internal appointment (McNulty/McShane) or a non league manager.

Would Wilbraham return to North West for a crack?

Realistically, who do you reckon could:

1. Save our season
2. Get us promoted should relegation happen
If not BBM then who on 22:50 - Jun 30 with 3901 viewsfermin

If not BBM then who on 20:54 - Jun 30 by TomRAFC

Would love someone with a track record. Tisdale is in "an advisory role" at Colchester.

Who we can and can't afford is a mystery. Nolan is in a coaching role at West Ham. Would he drop back down the leagues to manage again?

Do we scour the lower leagues for someone who's slid down the pyramid. Neal Ardley at Solihull Moors for example.

Or do we take the ultimate risk... Big Jim
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 21:20]

Wimbledon fans' nickname for Ardley was Nil Ardley. He only survived there for as long as he did because he was a local boy and well-respected for his long service as a player. It wouldn't be a change from BBM I think. Chalky could comment on his time at County.
If not BBM then who on 12:09 - Jul 3 with 3463 viewsandyk

Sky sports saying ‘Paul Butler steps down as Oldham assistant manager after agreeing role at club to be announced next week’??
If not BBM then who on 12:31 - Jul 3 with 3384 viewsD_Alien

If not BBM then who on 12:09 - Jul 3 by andyk

Sky sports saying ‘Paul Butler steps down as Oldham assistant manager after agreeing role at club to be announced next week’??

That wouldn't fit with the clearly stated (by both Simon Gauge & George Delves) process of thorough assessment and interview

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If not BBM then who on 12:40 - Jul 3 with 3350 viewsboromat

If not BBM then who on 12:31 - Jul 3 by D_Alien

That wouldn't fit with the clearly stated (by both Simon Gauge & George Delves) process of thorough assessment and interview

Depends on how many people applied and what they were looking for. A thorough assessment and interview process can be quick if the candidates aren't great.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

If not BBM then who on 12:45 - Jul 3 with 3324 viewsD_Alien

If not BBM then who on 12:40 - Jul 3 by boromat

Depends on how many people applied and what they were looking for. A thorough assessment and interview process can be quick if the candidates aren't great.

Has the application process been completed? When's the deadline? didn't SG say "over the next few days" just a couple of days ago?

If not, the club aren't yet in the position of thorough review let alone making any decisions

If not BBM then who on 12:54 - Jul 3 with 3264 viewsboromat

If not BBM then who on 12:45 - Jul 3 by D_Alien

Has the application process been completed? When's the deadline? didn't SG say "over the next few days" just a couple of days ago?

If not, the club aren't yet in the position of thorough review let alone making any decisions

Think he said they'd set themselves a goal of 2 weeks. Not sure if that was from the time of interview or the time in which BBM left. Earliest I think we'd have someone in would be the end of next week, latest the end of the week after.

Edit: Also who knows what these new off field revelations have done to that timeline and process, priorities change!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 12:56]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

If not BBM then who on 13:04 - Jul 3 with 3238 viewsD_Alien

If not BBM then who on 12:54 - Jul 3 by boromat

Think he said they'd set themselves a goal of 2 weeks. Not sure if that was from the time of interview or the time in which BBM left. Earliest I think we'd have someone in would be the end of next week, latest the end of the week after.

Edit: Also who knows what these new off field revelations have done to that timeline and process, priorities change!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 12:56]

Precisely, hence my original point...

If not BBM then who on 13:25 - Jul 7 with 2806 viewselectricblue

If not BBM then who on 13:04 - Jul 3 by D_Alien

Precisely, hence my original point...

As long as its not John McGreal....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

If not BBM then who on 16:04 - Jul 7 with 2569 viewsThreeLions

If not BBM then who on 13:25 - Jul 7 by electricblue

As long as its not John McGreal....

I think your going to be disappointed
If not BBM then who on 16:10 - Jul 7 with 2558 viewselectricblue

If not BBM then who on 16:04 - Jul 7 by ThreeLions

Curran can help get supporters on his side by making a statement that McGreal isnt in the frame for the job.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If not BBM then who on 16:20 - Jul 7 with 2536 viewsIOMDale

If not BBM then who on 16:04 - Jul 7 by ThreeLions

If McGreal is appointed, that’s me done. Nowt against the man himself, more a sign that the board clearly have very little say in how things are going to be run.

Expect Curran Jr to be announced as our first signing soon after.

UTDNFS

If not BBM then who on 16:26 - Jul 7 with 2519 viewsBrierls

If not BBM then who on 16:20 - Jul 7 by IOMDale

If McGreal is appointed, that’s me done. Nowt against the man himself, more a sign that the board clearly have very little say in how things are going to be run.

Expect Curran Jr to be announced as our first signing soon after.

I'm not sure that's true. McGreal would have been in the running regardless of share purchases.

If we sign Taylor Curran then I completely agree it stinks.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 17:26]
If not BBM then who on 14:01 - Jul 8 with 2251 viewsYadHoDale

If not BBM then who on 16:26 - Jul 7 by Brierls

I'm not sure that's true. McGreal would have been in the running regardless of share purchases.

There's no way we'd have signed Taylor Curran if BBM was still here. Looking at Swindon's team last season, he appears to be a left back...
If not BBM then who on 14:08 - Jul 8 with 2219 viewsAtThePeake

If not BBM then who on 14:01 - Jul 8 by YadHoDale

There's no way we'd have signed Taylor Curran if BBM was still here. Looking at Swindon's team last season, he appears to be a left back...

https://the72.co.uk/204774/agombar-all-over-again-plenty-of-swindon-town-fans-ri

Tangled up in blue.

If not BBM then who on 14:09 - Jul 8 with 2202 viewsJames1980

McGreal now 8/15 another lady must have been placed on him getting the job.
Has he been spotted filling his motor up in any petrol stations in the Rochdale area?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

If not BBM then who on 23:13 - Jul 8 with 1785 viewsrhf

From out of nowhere Robbie Stockdale now 2nd fav, plenty of coaching experience at youth level etc, no management experience but maybe something in that !
If not BBM then who on 15:55 - Jul 9 with 1394 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

If not BBM then who on 16:26 - Jul 7 by Brierls

It's not even the same Curran.
If not BBM then who on 16:08 - Jul 9 with 1347 viewsIOMDale

If not BBM then who on 15:55 - Jul 9 by RooleyMoorBlue

It's not even the same Curran.

Andrew or Taylor?

UTDNFS

If not BBM then who on 16:33 - Jul 9 with 1273 viewsYadHoDale

Taylor Curran has signed...

... for Maidstone.

Good luck to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising