Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you change for Southampton? 21:24 - Sep 11 with 4615 viewsicecoldjack

I would like to see Mawson come in to replace Fernandez, i think it's a gamble worth taking, i also think the midfield lacks energy, maybe a freshen up with Leon coming in for Cork, Llorente is feeding off next to nothing so i'd be inclined to have the option of Dyer on the bench to come on and play as a striker for the last 20 mins if we're chasing it.

Will we go ultra defensive or go for it? Southampton are lacking a bit of confidence so IMO we should look to frustrate early on and prepare to play on the counter, we need pace back in the team though thats for sure.

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:14 - Sep 12 with 1113 viewsperchrockjack

Cutting but true

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:22 - Sep 12 with 1105 viewsGriffting

Team I'd like to see: 4231 fab, naught, mawson, Amat, Kingsley, britts, Fer, siggy, Montero, barrow, Baston/Llorente.
Team I think is more likely 442 diamond: fab, naught, Fede, Amat, Kingsley, cork, Ki, Fer, siggy, barrow, Llorente.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:23 - Sep 12 with 1104 viewsyescomeon

Given the current personnel we have, we may be best of with the diamond. Set up for the Southampton game as we were in the second half, maybe.

Upthecity!

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:28 - Sep 12 with 1094 viewslondonlisa2001

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:22 - Sep 12 by Griffting

Team I'd like to see: 4231 fab, naught, mawson, Amat, Kingsley, britts, Fer, siggy, Montero, barrow, Baston/Llorente.
Team I think is more likely 442 diamond: fab, naught, Fede, Amat, Kingsley, cork, Ki, Fer, siggy, barrow, Llorente.

I'd play the diamond you mention, ideally with one of the other centre backs tried instead of FF and with Britton instead of Cork. Like Barrow up front, and obviously Baston if he is ever fit.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:44 - Sep 12 with 1070 viewsGriffting

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:28 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

I'd play the diamond you mention, ideally with one of the other centre backs tried instead of FF and with Britton instead of Cork. Like Barrow up front, and obviously Baston if he is ever fit.

I actually don't mind the diamond. It allows enough cover for the defence and at the same time allows both siggy and Fer to operate in attacking spaces, with Fer having less defensive duties and a bit more license to roam. Can be easily changed to a 4231 at times during the match with siggy and barrow going out wide like yesterday. My only issue is the fullbacks, they need to be as good going forward as they are going back for it to work well, naughton has the ability he just needs to have confidence in himself, shys away too often for me.
What would you change for Southampton? on 15:07 - Sep 12 with 1046 viewsTheKirkyLife

Our main problem with the diamond previously was no pace on the counter attack. That's why you need pacey strikers for it, Barrow fits the bill.
What would you change for Southampton? on 15:08 - Sep 12 with 1044 viewslondonlisa2001

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:44 - Sep 12 by Griffting

I actually don't mind the diamond. It allows enough cover for the defence and at the same time allows both siggy and Fer to operate in attacking spaces, with Fer having less defensive duties and a bit more license to roam. Can be easily changed to a 4231 at times during the match with siggy and barrow going out wide like yesterday. My only issue is the fullbacks, they need to be as good going forward as they are going back for it to work well, naughton has the ability he just needs to have confidence in himself, shys away too often for me.

I think Naughton's been a lot better this season - agree with you about confidence.

He and Kingsley are at least athletic enough to get up and down, and I quite like the diamond as well - particularly with Barrow up front giving us an outlet all the time.
What would you change for Southampton? on 15:19 - Sep 12 with 1027 viewsairedale

If Baston is fit, what do people think will happen on the weekend, will he start and go off after a bit, or will he come on late for 20, or will he play for 90?
Login to get fewer ads

What would you change for Southampton? on 15:20 - Sep 12 with 1025 viewsjasper_T

What would you change for Southampton? on 15:19 - Sep 12 by airedale

If Baston is fit, what do people think will happen on the weekend, will he start and go off after a bit, or will he come on late for 20, or will he play for 90?

He won't start.
What would you change for Southampton? on 15:20 - Sep 12 with 1022 viewsLeonisGod

Nothing, except swap the extra man in midfield (Ki) for Montero to get some width and balance back. I'd probably start with Tayls too. There, I've said it. Won't be popular on her given he's the current scapegoat. But there's very little between them - Kingsley could easily have been the one coming off yesterday as he had a very quiet first 40 mins.

Montero and Barrow can cause problems for anyone in this league, so let's use them.
What would you change for Southampton? on 15:27 - Sep 12 with 1010 viewsjack247

What would you change for Southampton? on 15:20 - Sep 12 by LeonisGod

Nothing, except swap the extra man in midfield (Ki) for Montero to get some width and balance back. I'd probably start with Tayls too. There, I've said it. Won't be popular on her given he's the current scapegoat. But there's very little between them - Kingsley could easily have been the one coming off yesterday as he had a very quiet first 40 mins.

Montero and Barrow can cause problems for anyone in this league, so let's use them.

Montero and Barrow will cause more problems for us than anyone else if we start them together regularly. If we go down the 'you score 3 we'll score 4' route, we will lose more than we win. As Jasper often says, neither of them can play without the ball.

One of them needs to start, the other needs to be there as an impact sub. If we are chasing a goal with 20 minutes left, then I'm all for it.

Awaits the inevitable avalanche of down arrows
What would you change for Southampton? on 15:31 - Sep 12 with 1003 viewsSgorioFruit

Barrow to start

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

What would you change for Southampton? on 15:35 - Sep 12 with 994 viewstomdickharry

What would you change for Southampton? on 14:11 - Sep 12 by monmouth

Some people were excited when we got Kyle Bartley from Arsenal.

Lets see him play first is it, before setting him up as the new combintion of John Terry and Tony Adams.

Have followed Mawson's career for the past 2 seasons am confident he will step up to the PL,the question is when.
What would you change for Southampton? on 18:01 - Sep 12 with 932 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What would you change for Southampton? on 22:18 - Sep 11 by trampie

Kingsley has done very well for the first team since making his debut and looks to have a bright future, but how did he do in the 2-0 loss to Hull, the 2-1 loss to Leicester and being part of a backline that let 2 in against Chelsea ?
Taylor had a very good Euro's and kept a clean sheet against Moldova and now seems to be back up to speed after his late summer break due to the Euro's.

Who will Guido pick at left back if its a flat back 4 against Soton next week ?

Taylor wasn't "defending" against Moldova, it was Davies, Taylor did very little defending as he spent most of his time up field, so the clean sheet was little to do with him.
What would you change for Southampton? on 18:10 - Sep 12 with 912 viewsItchySphincter

Well if we start with Ki again we might as well just start with 10 men. Jack and Fer in a midfield four with Mo and Jeff and a flat back four. Gylfi and Llorente up top. Anything else is stupid.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What would you change for Southampton? on 00:21 - Sep 13 with 784 viewsdameedna

Fabianski
Amat Fernández Mawson
Naughton Ki Cork Fer Kingsley
Siggy Llorente
What would you change for Southampton? on 04:40 - Sep 13 with 737 viewsLoyal

My underpants.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What would you change for Southampton? on 06:14 - Sep 13 with 717 viewsjack247

What would you change for Southampton? on 18:10 - Sep 12 by ItchySphincter

Well if we start with Ki again we might as well just start with 10 men. Jack and Fer in a midfield four with Mo and Jeff and a flat back four. Gylfi and Llorente up top. Anything else is stupid.

442 with Montero and Barrow playing and Gylfi up front. And anything else is stupid?

We would get overrun in midfield by lower league teams
What would you change for Southampton? on 06:43 - Sep 13 with 705 viewsglobus10

Doubt he will change much. Although made errors, that Chelsea team were top notch.
Mawson will probably be seen for league cup game against city
What would you change for Southampton? on 06:59 - Sep 13 with 695 viewskarnataka

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:49 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

I'd love to see Montero try playing at wingback.

I think the only one of our wingers I'd trust as a wingback is Dyer because he's got far more defensive awareness than any of the others. Not suggesting we use him on Sunday, just an observation. It could be something that extends his career too if he adapts to it.
What would you change for Southampton? on 07:42 - Sep 13 with 656 viewsbuilthjack

What would you change for Southampton? on 15:35 - Sep 12 by tomdickharry

Have followed Mawson's career for the past 2 seasons am confident he will step up to the PL,the question is when.

So, you are the club scout!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What would you change for Southampton? on 08:10 - Sep 13 with 638 viewsWatchman

This thread is exactly what is wrong with the club and all of us associated with us!
The only change(s) you make for Southampton are the pubs you visit
Fugh me all this 4-2-3-1, wing backs etc etc

fugh me Brekkie in the Uplands , Bryn for a quick quiet lock in mini bus couple of stop offs and then a pub just outside Saintland and sing the lads home

we have all become spoilt and precious

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

What would you change for Southampton? on 11:52 - Sep 13 with 571 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What would you change for Southampton? on 15:20 - Sep 12 by LeonisGod

"I'd probably start with Tayls too. There, I've said it. Won't be popular on her given he's the current scapegoat. But there's very little between them - Kingsley could easily have been the one coming off yesterday as he had a very quiet first 40 mins. "

Kingsley adds another dimension to the attack, whereas Taylor adds nothing at all.
If Montero is surrounded by their defence he knows he can send the ball back to Kingsley who can put in a cracking cross, unlike Taylor.
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:06 - Sep 13 with 555 viewsjack247

What would you change for Southampton? on 11:52 - Sep 13 by A_Fans_Dad

"I'd probably start with Tayls too. There, I've said it. Won't be popular on her given he's the current scapegoat. But there's very little between them - Kingsley could easily have been the one coming off yesterday as he had a very quiet first 40 mins. "

Kingsley adds another dimension to the attack, whereas Taylor adds nothing at all.
If Montero is surrounded by their defence he knows he can send the ball back to Kingsley who can put in a cracking cross, unlike Taylor.

If you are going to play with Montero, it makes sense to put Taylor behind him. Kingsley won't be able to overlap him and will get exposed, especially when he goes forward.

If Montero isn't starting, I'd keep Kingsley in the team. Overall I think he has done pretty well this season.
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:09 - Sep 13 with 550 viewsDarran

What would you change for Southampton? on 08:10 - Sep 13 by Watchman

This thread is exactly what is wrong with the club and all of us associated with us!
The only change(s) you make for Southampton are the pubs you visit
Fugh me all this 4-2-3-1, wing backs etc etc

fugh me Brekkie in the Uplands , Bryn for a quick quiet lock in mini bus couple of stop offs and then a pub just outside Saintland and sing the lads home

we have all become spoilt and precious

Best post on here in yonks.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024