Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you change for Southampton? 21:24 - Sep 11 with 4614 viewsicecoldjack

I would like to see Mawson come in to replace Fernandez, i think it's a gamble worth taking, i also think the midfield lacks energy, maybe a freshen up with Leon coming in for Cork, Llorente is feeding off next to nothing so i'd be inclined to have the option of Dyer on the bench to come on and play as a striker for the last 20 mins if we're chasing it.

Will we go ultra defensive or go for it? Southampton are lacking a bit of confidence so IMO we should look to frustrate early on and prepare to play on the counter, we need pace back in the team though thats for sure.

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:12 - Sep 13 with 699 viewsTom1912

I'd go for it and bring Barrow and Montero in, drop Ki to the bench as Fer is playing well. No reason not to get at Southampton-they've started poorly and have a EL distraction this week.

I'd alos play Taylor at the back instead of Kingsley as I think he'd be more solid defensively.

Otherwise no changes. I'd wait for the League Cup game v City to give Mawson his debut rather than throw him in to a winneable away game.

Hopefully Baston can make the bench and get some gametime too.
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:23 - Sep 13 with 682 viewsoldcob

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:12 - Sep 13 by Tom1912

I'd go for it and bring Barrow and Montero in, drop Ki to the bench as Fer is playing well. No reason not to get at Southampton-they've started poorly and have a EL distraction this week.

I'd alos play Taylor at the back instead of Kingsley as I think he'd be more solid defensively.

Otherwise no changes. I'd wait for the League Cup game v City to give Mawson his debut rather than throw him in to a winneable away game.

Hopefully Baston can make the bench and get some gametime too.

I'd have either Barrow or Montero playing in the manner Barrow did when he come on last Sunday i.e across the front from wing to wing. I think two wingers is a luxury, you can only attack down one wing at a time. A tiring role I know, but when the original winger tires bring the other one on to play the same role. Don't agree with Taylor for Kingsley though, the game is about attack and defence and Kingsley can do both.
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:25 - Sep 13 with 680 viewsJFSwan

I think we will star with the 433 that we ended the Chelsea game. Positive - realese fer through the centre, negative - gylfi on the left wing.

Fabianski

Naughton amat Fernandez Taylor

Ki fer cork

Barrow llorente siggurdsson
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:42 - Sep 13 with 656 viewsJango

I think people are being very optimistic about Amats long term success with us. He's played 4 league games this season, should have been sent off twice. He's given away 1 penalty and should have been 3. That's the signs of a liability more than a great talent. I hope his ability shines through with more game time but at the the moment he just looks like a ticking timebomb and way off the pace for a top premier league defender.
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:58 - Sep 13 with 620 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You seem to have frogotten that before FF came along Amat played a whole season alongside Ash and was very good.
He lives on the edge because he is a "Defender" unlike FF who is an expensive defensive star, who is not as good a defender when the pressure is on.
What would you change for Southampton? on 12:59 - Sep 13 with 613 viewsvetchonian

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:42 - Sep 13 by Jango

I think people are being very optimistic about Amats long term success with us. He's played 4 league games this season, should have been sent off twice. He's given away 1 penalty and should have been 3. That's the signs of a liability more than a great talent. I hope his ability shines through with more game time but at the the moment he just looks like a ticking timebomb and way off the pace for a top premier league defender.

Um in which game did he give away a penalty? I seem to have missed that? All goals against from us were from set piece or open play I am not sure anyone has scored a pen against us

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:02 - Sep 13 with 610 viewsmonmouth

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:59 - Sep 13 by vetchonian

Um in which game did he give away a penalty? I seem to have missed that? All goals against from us were from set piece or open play I am not sure anyone has scored a pen against us

Leicester.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:03 - Sep 13 with 607 viewsvetchonian

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:02 - Sep 13 by monmouth

Leicester.

Thanks Mon I was about to edit my post as I looked it up had forgotten they missed it!

Login to get fewer ads

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:03 - Sep 13 with 606 viewsmonmouth

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:42 - Sep 13 by Jango

All of that is broadly true, but he's STILL been better than Fernandez.

The partnership from hell.

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:09 - Sep 13 with 595 viewsvetchonian

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:03 - Sep 13 by monmouth

I agree Mon
Our problem is we have been so lucky to have had a rock in Ash ( but he wobbled sometimes) accompanied by some other good guys ,the problem is we are now in transition but when both CBs are "unstable" it is hard for a new guy to settle in. I think Amat has what it takes but maybe is trying too hard to prove himself to ensure he establishes his place over Alfie or the Dutchman as maybe he feels FF is secure

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:29 - Sep 13 with 569 viewsoldcob

Maybe, just maybe, our centre backs would look a little better if our mid-field didn't keep playing it back to them putting them under unnecessary pressure. A lot of the times during the first half Sunday, it appeared both sides were playing in the same direction.
What would you change for Southampton? on 13:31 - Sep 13 with 567 viewsGlyn1

I think that Taylor has to be picked for Southampton for political reasons as much as anything else - if he isn't, then the media will spin it as our senior player being dropped for disciplinary reasons, or that there's a rift within the team. We don't need that hassle, and anyway he's a competent defender.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:38 - Sep 13 with 556 viewsmonmouth

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:31 - Sep 13 by Glyn1

I think that Taylor has to be picked for Southampton for political reasons as much as anything else - if he isn't, then the media will spin it as our senior player being dropped for disciplinary reasons, or that there's a rift within the team. We don't need that hassle, and anyway he's a competent defender.

He should play Taylor and sub him on 42 minutes. Just for a laugh.

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:40 - Sep 13 with 550 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yes, let's punish Kingsley because Taylor can't hold it together.
That'll send out the right message to the players - NOT.
What would you change for Southampton? on 13:41 - Sep 13 with 547 viewsTrundle10

Has anyone actually seen Mawson play? I would prefer Man City in the League Cup to see if he has the kahunas personally
What would you change for Southampton? on 13:42 - Sep 13 with 547 viewsLoyal

He wouldn't have played at all if he was in his unusual spot. That's why the manager tried to accommodate him. Fck him off to the reserves and politics can do one.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:45 - Sep 13 with 543 viewsandypitt56

I noticed that against chelsea amat was the one who was ording the line from a freekick. you would have thought that fernandez being the more senior player would be doing that. At least amat is trying to step up to the plate. okay he got lucky but at the same time that clown was trying to gode him.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:23 - Sep 13 with 506 viewsjasper_T

Please watch other bottom half Premier League teams play a few games.

You'll feel a lot better about our defenders.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:24 - Sep 13 with 500 viewsjasper_T

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:58 - Sep 13 by A_Fans_Dad

You seem to have frogotten that before FF came along Amat played a whole season alongside Ash and was very good.
He lives on the edge because he is a "Defender" unlike FF who is an expensive defensive star, who is not as good a defender when the pressure is on.

I've forgotten this.

He hasn't played a "whole season" since he was in Spain.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:30 - Sep 13 with 492 viewsWarwickHunt

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:38 - Sep 13 by monmouth

He should play Taylor and sub him on 42 minutes. Just for a laugh.

2 minutes would be much funnier.

And probably a minute too late.
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:34 - Sep 13 with 483 viewsWarwickHunt

Taylor hasn't been the first choice left back this season.

If we picked another left wing-back then it could possibly be construed as political - or teaching a third rate Billy Big Bollox to grow the f*ck up, depending on one's point of view.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 14:35]
What would you change for Southampton? on 14:35 - Sep 13 with 481 viewsDarran

What would you change for Southampton? on 12:58 - Sep 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Where do people get this shit from?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What would you change for Southampton? on 21:25 - Sep 13 with 376 viewsdameedna

What would you change for Southampton? on 13:45 - Sep 13 by andypitt56

I noticed that against chelsea amat was the one who was ording the line from a freekick. you would have thought that fernandez being the more senior player would be doing that. At least amat is trying to step up to the plate. okay he got lucky but at the same time that clown was trying to gode him.

It was Freddie who called that first and Amat who echoed it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024