Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 things we learned from yesterday 13:54 - Sep 12 with 2100 viewsLord_Bony

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-learned-sw

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:03 - Sep 12 with 2065 viewslondonlisa2001

Wathan's head is so far up the backside of Brendan Rodgers and the Welsh players it is leading to genuinely pathetic, substandard articles.

He should be ashamed of himself.

Neil Taylor was substituted because we needed to change the system and he was sacrificed because Kingsley is doing a better job at left back. All this nonsense about 'disrespecting' him is beyond a joke. Firstly he's not Ronaldo, and secondly, even if he was the team is bigger than him and the result more important than his ego.

In the few minutes before he was changed, he hit one aimless ball into midfield from the touchline straight to one of their players in a dangerous position (Matic, I think it was).

The reason, Chris Wathan, that Taylor plays Ok there for Wales and not yesterday, is not because of other players, it is because Chelsea are in a completely different class from any team that Wales ever plays. It really is as simple as that.
5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:09 - Sep 12 with 2043 viewsperchrockjack

Taylor is an international footballer. However Wales doesn't have that many options but yo select him.

At pl now, he is an object lesson in taking the wrong option

His possible biggest failing is allowing crosses to come into our box.

Talking of crosses, struggling to remember a more incompetent player . He has plenty of time to practise.

Sadly, he believes he s better than he is and frankie did him no favours in starting him

One to sell at the earliest opportunity.

I'm hoping by January Mawson has justified his promise and van dear hoorn can cement a spot.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:23 - Sep 12 with 2002 viewsymaohyd

Wasn't at the game yesterday, at a wedding. Watched it on match of the day last night, should never have got a point lets be honest.

So many opportunities to make it 2 - 0, luck more than judgement allowed us to stay in it. Credit to the team for giving it their all.

We've had an unbelievable 10 or so years, credit to so many people for helping us achieve what we have both on and off the pitch.

I'm sorry though, for me now HJ needs to go. The quality of our signings this transfer window has been substandard to say the least. Certainly can't blame HJ for the injury to Borjan, however, looking at the bigger picture, if we want to progress to the mythical 'next level' we cant continue with the current status quo.

Understandably the Americans put a great deal of emphasis on HJ remaining, personally the club has changed now, i'd rather see them bring in a footballing man to recruit players. If Guidolin is the right man for our future, surely with all his contacts and experience he could point the Americans in the direction of a suitable candidate.

Personally I don't think Guidolin is the right man but something has to give in the near future. After 5 years of being in the Prem we looked weak yesterday, yes we were playing against a very good side, however we should look a lot more competitive than that, it was a duck shoot or did the highlights distort the game?

I can't get over the irony that as the seasons go by we are getting weaker not stronger. This summer was a huge opportunity to make a massive statement on where we want to be, instead it looks like a fu ck up.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:27 - Sep 12 with 1980 viewslondonlisa2001

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:23 - Sep 12 by ymaohyd

Wasn't at the game yesterday, at a wedding. Watched it on match of the day last night, should never have got a point lets be honest.

So many opportunities to make it 2 - 0, luck more than judgement allowed us to stay in it. Credit to the team for giving it their all.

We've had an unbelievable 10 or so years, credit to so many people for helping us achieve what we have both on and off the pitch.

I'm sorry though, for me now HJ needs to go. The quality of our signings this transfer window has been substandard to say the least. Certainly can't blame HJ for the injury to Borjan, however, looking at the bigger picture, if we want to progress to the mythical 'next level' we cant continue with the current status quo.

Understandably the Americans put a great deal of emphasis on HJ remaining, personally the club has changed now, i'd rather see them bring in a footballing man to recruit players. If Guidolin is the right man for our future, surely with all his contacts and experience he could point the Americans in the direction of a suitable candidate.

Personally I don't think Guidolin is the right man but something has to give in the near future. After 5 years of being in the Prem we looked weak yesterday, yes we were playing against a very good side, however we should look a lot more competitive than that, it was a duck shoot or did the highlights distort the game?

I can't get over the irony that as the seasons go by we are getting weaker not stronger. This summer was a huge opportunity to make a massive statement on where we want to be, instead it looks like a fu ck up.

We looked a damn sight more competitive than we have against Chelsea in virtually every other game we have played against them with the exception of last season.

The game where we were 4 nil down after about half an hour for example.
5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:30 - Sep 12 with 1970 viewsymaohyd

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:27 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

We looked a damn sight more competitive than we have against Chelsea in virtually every other game we have played against them with the exception of last season.

From what I saw though we could have been 4 - 0 down, that's the point or am I wrong?

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:36 - Sep 12 with 1943 viewslondonlisa2001

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:30 - Sep 12 by ymaohyd

From what I saw though we could have been 4 - 0 down, that's the point or am I wrong?

We could certainly have been 2 or 3 down (one save from Hazard, Costa screwing a chance wide from a few yards out).

That game that we were 4 nil down though, from memory we could have been 8 down - we were shocking that day.

I believe that the clubs at the top have significantly strengthened this season, and it won't be as open as last year (which was a bit of a strange one, with the whole division being more bunched in terms of ability).

I can quite easily see Chelsea beating most at home this season - even teams like Liverpool, Man Utd etc. They have players costing £30m sitting on their bench. To get a point from them is really good going for teams like us.
5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:47 - Sep 12 with 1884 viewsangryjack

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:27 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

no we havnt we drew with them a few years back at liberty when pablo got equalizer we beat them in carling cup and also drew away,we were lucky to get draw yesterday,that result papered over cracks should never have played with naughton or taylor at wing backs
5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:50 - Sep 12 with 1871 viewsymaohyd

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:36 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

We could certainly have been 2 or 3 down (one save from Hazard, Costa screwing a chance wide from a few yards out).

That game that we were 4 nil down though, from memory we could have been 8 down - we were shocking that day.

I believe that the clubs at the top have significantly strengthened this season, and it won't be as open as last year (which was a bit of a strange one, with the whole division being more bunched in terms of ability).

I can quite easily see Chelsea beating most at home this season - even teams like Liverpool, Man Utd etc. They have players costing £30m sitting on their bench. To get a point from them is really good going for teams like us.

Yes getting a point is good for teams like us, yes the top clubs look a class apart, City against United at times were superb and under Pep can possibly win the Champions league in the near future.

Yes, take all the confidence we can from a point, absolutely and lets kick on from it and use it as a catalyst to have a successful season.

In my opinion though we look a shambles. By mid October, given our coming games we will probably be in the bottom 3. No shame in that at all.

The shame for me though is that having put the hard yards in these past 5 years and with new 'investment' I thought we would look a lot stronger all round as a club. Instead in my opinion we are going backwards at a rate of knots..style of play, recruitment etc.

We do however have some nice new bunting on the lamp posts in the car park, so all is not lost!

Login to get fewer ads

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:57 - Sep 12 with 1846 viewslondonlisa2001

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:47 - Sep 12 by angryjack

no we havnt we drew with them a few years back at liberty when pablo got equalizer we beat them in carling cup and also drew away,we were lucky to get draw yesterday,that result papered over cracks should never have played with naughton or taylor at wing backs

Yeah - that's why I said virtually.

Edited to add - by the way, in a few years time, people will just say 'we drew with them in the 2016 season'. The performance tends to get lost in the midst of time.

Same as you are now saying 'we drew when Pablo scored'.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 14:59]
5 things we learned from yesterday on 15:03 - Sep 12 with 1822 viewslondonlisa2001

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:50 - Sep 12 by ymaohyd

Yes getting a point is good for teams like us, yes the top clubs look a class apart, City against United at times were superb and under Pep can possibly win the Champions league in the near future.

Yes, take all the confidence we can from a point, absolutely and lets kick on from it and use it as a catalyst to have a successful season.

In my opinion though we look a shambles. By mid October, given our coming games we will probably be in the bottom 3. No shame in that at all.

The shame for me though is that having put the hard yards in these past 5 years and with new 'investment' I thought we would look a lot stronger all round as a club. Instead in my opinion we are going backwards at a rate of knots..style of play, recruitment etc.

We do however have some nice new bunting on the lamp posts in the car park, so all is not lost!

I agree with you on recruitment. I've said so on any number of occasions.

I don't even disagree that we seem overall to be going backwards - or at least are in a transition period that hasn't yet come together.

My only disagreement, if indeed it is really that, is that I don't believe that yesterday showed up anything much one way or another. Stoke lost 4 nil to Spurs at home, and yet from the outside it doesn't seem that they have gone backwards in recruitment etc.

I just think the teams at the top have moved on. Some years we are going to get a few lucky results, other years we will get thumped. I don't think that indicates whether we are good or bad.
5 things we learned from yesterday on 15:22 - Sep 12 with 1769 viewsjasper_T

MotD's cut made it look worse than it was.
5 things we learned from yesterday on 15:31 - Sep 12 with 1744 viewsvetchonian

5 things we learned from yesterday on 15:03 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you on recruitment. I've said so on any number of occasions.

I don't even disagree that we seem overall to be going backwards - or at least are in a transition period that hasn't yet come together.

My only disagreement, if indeed it is really that, is that I don't believe that yesterday showed up anything much one way or another. Stoke lost 4 nil to Spurs at home, and yet from the outside it doesn't seem that they have gone backwards in recruitment etc.

I just think the teams at the top have moved on. Some years we are going to get a few lucky results, other years we will get thumped. I don't think that indicates whether we are good or bad.

I agree with you Lisa we are in a transisiton period. Over the past couple of seasons the team has changed from our early premier days as the core to that team whihc came from the championship has dissapeared only Taylor from that starting 11 yesterday was a regular player back then. This season has seen us having a new pairing at CB ands also between CB and LB, these relationships need time to gel. Whilst We had seen changes in teh back four previously the lineup was Rangel, Ash and Tayls with changes like Caulker,Chico,Amat,Fernandez only one of the 4 changing, this season we have a new LB and Amat coming in and we have been swopping and changing at RB too.
The midfield is not settled and we have a new CF bedding in . SO more so than in other seasons over the last 10 years the team has seen lots of change BUT there were some positives signs amongst it all yesterday.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

5 things we learned from yesterday on 15:32 - Sep 12 with 1740 viewsTummer_from_Texas

5 things we learned from yesterday on 14:30 - Sep 12 by ymaohyd

Not really, and possession was right at 50/50 at the half. We didn't look threatening at all in the final third until Barrow came on, but I don't think MOTD gave you a true perspective.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

5 things we learned from yesterday on 20:26 - Sep 12 with 1557 viewsMillJack

No disrespect but if you're basing your opinion of yesterday's game on the MOTD footage, and the punditry that went with it, then you're going to be way off the mark.

We were very poor for 40 minutes and then marginally 2nd best for the remaining 50. We certainly weren't awful for 90 minutes as Jermaine Jenas would have you believe, and the referee didn't cost Chelsea 3 points as Mr Sutton and others would suggest.

Did we deserve to win the game? No, but I'm proud of the fact that changes were made in the face of a heavy defeat and then a huge amount of desire was shown to get ourselves back in the game and, ultimately, salvage a point. This Saturday's game is going to give us a good idea of where we are.
5 things we learned from yesterday on 20:32 - Sep 12 with 1536 viewspencoedjack

5 things we learned from yesterday on 15:22 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

MotD's cut made it look worse than it was.

This ^
5 things we learned from yesterday on 20:52 - Sep 12 with 1481 viewsLord_Bony

Virtually every one of their fans feel they were stitched up by Mariner the ref yesterday and Amat should have been off.

Oh and theres plenty of sheep shagging references in their forum too...

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/29752-swansea-vs-chelsea-pl-sun-1109-2016-ko-160

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

5 things we learned from yesterday on 20:56 - Sep 12 with 1462 viewsSwansNZ

Point 1 - Yes Guidloin got it wrong from the start.

Point 2 - Taylor disrespected and harshly treated for not being picked this season? — FFS As per point 1, we needed to change things, and the change should have been made 10 minutes earlier, and Taylor was certainly the one that needed to come off.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

5 things we learned from yesterday on 20:57 - Sep 12 with 1461 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest, any and all credibility Wathan had was shot to pieces by his supine performance during the recent takeover. Journalists are supposed to investigate, report and comment, not mindlessly regurgitate information spoon fed to them by the people they're meant to be policing.

Edit: And that goes double in the case of all the local hacks simpering adoration of Neil Taylor, a player they'd probably be far more critical of if his agent wasn't such a valuable source of copy.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

5 things we learned from yesterday on 21:12 - Sep 12 with 1428 viewsmonmouth

Wathan's WM views don't even have the quality to wipe your arse on. Bloke's an embarrassment.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

5 things we learned from yesterday on 22:40 - Sep 12 with 1303 viewscostalotta

5 things we learned from yesterday on 15:31 - Sep 12 by vetchonian

I agree with you Lisa we are in a transisiton period. Over the past couple of seasons the team has changed from our early premier days as the core to that team whihc came from the championship has dissapeared only Taylor from that starting 11 yesterday was a regular player back then. This season has seen us having a new pairing at CB ands also between CB and LB, these relationships need time to gel. Whilst We had seen changes in teh back four previously the lineup was Rangel, Ash and Tayls with changes like Caulker,Chico,Amat,Fernandez only one of the 4 changing, this season we have a new LB and Amat coming in and we have been swopping and changing at RB too.
The midfield is not settled and we have a new CF bedding in . SO more so than in other seasons over the last 10 years the team has seen lots of change BUT there were some positives signs amongst it all yesterday.

Excellent post.

The only thing I'd say is we have had opportunity for succession planning if you know what I mean. we just haven't handled it particularly well and it's caught up with us. We are in transition though just wondering is positive one.
5 things we learned from yesterday on 22:48 - Sep 12 with 1285 viewsBanosswan

The fact is that if Wales played with a back four like the majority of teams, he wouldn't have anywhere near the same amount of caps.

And as for ymaohyd basing his diatribe on watching the match of the day highlights...

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

5 things we learned from yesterday on 11:56 - Sep 13 with 1054 viewsDafyddHuw

In what way is it ironic that "as the seasons go by we are getting weaker not stronger."?
5 things we learned from yesterday on 12:08 - Sep 13 with 1037 viewsPrivate_Partz

Your first sentence wrecks your post.
MOTD was not just biased in its commentary. It was VERY selective in its highlights.
Suggest you don't fall into the traps that the media set for you and listen to those who were there.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

5 things we learned from yesterday on 22:24 - Sep 13 with 907 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, we were icredibly brave on Sunday. We showed true spirit and despite Chelsea's dominance and chances still had a few of our own towards the end of the game to reclaim the three points. Oh and they salvaged the point, not us!

just after their opening goal I would have bitten your hand off for a respectable battling defeat - but against the odds we did a lot better than that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

5 things we learned from yesterday on 22:31 - Sep 13 with 900 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not sure what people were watching.

First half was an utter clueless shambles. Second half vastly improved, aided by Chelsea switching off, and some of our players pulling their fingers out.

Lets see how it goes at Southampton, ideally we need to get something there to build on the fortunate point we got on Sunday. I know some wont like that, but that point glossed over some fairly worrying signs.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024