Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... 15:12 - Dec 29 with 4467 viewsKilkennyjack

"I don't think #Bradley realized that it was probably the worst squad of players ever assembled in the history of the #EPL"
@RodneyMarsh10

Beware of the Risen People

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 15:14 - Dec 29 with 3663 viewsjasper_T

He took one look at Barrow and thought he was world class. Judging the players properly was definitely an issue.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 15:19 - Dec 29 with 3597 viewsunion_jack

Should have read "Bradley didn't realise he could turn the squad into the worst ever assembled in the PL"

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 15:23 - Dec 29 with 3544 viewssherpajacob

Pin that quote up in the changing room on Saturday.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 15:24 - Dec 29 with 3529 viewsLeonWasGod

Rubbish. One of the least well known maybe. We're only Ash and Ayew off a mid-table side, and that's before factoring the additions of Llorente and (disappointing do far) Borja.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 15:41 - Dec 29 with 3396 viewssherpajacob

Take a look at @BlueCitizen007's Tweet:

Having seen what our competition is up to, I have faith that with the right man in charge we can be ok.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:01 - Dec 29 with 3243 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 15:24 - Dec 29 by LeonWasGod

Rubbish. One of the least well known maybe. We're only Ash and Ayew off a mid-table side, and that's before factoring the additions of Llorente and (disappointing do far) Borja.

Sorry mate, but the league table does not lie.

In Jan we need at least 2 new full backs, a centre back, a centre midfielder, and a forward (or even two).
So 5 or 6 new additions to give us a chance.

In truth only Fab and Siggy would interest other Premier league clubs.
Our cup winning ML team would put 5 on the current squad.

Beware of the Risen People

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:09 - Dec 29 with 3182 viewsunion_jack

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:01 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

In Jan we need at least 2 new full backs, a centre back, a centre midfielder, and a forward (or even two).

As true as that is, it would be a miracle if a) we bought that number of players of required quality and b) that they would gel early enough to start to turn around our predicament.

It doesn't look good but never say never I suppose.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:12 - Dec 29 with 3132 viewsharryhpalmer

4 players are on Jenkins shopping list.

1 x Central Defender
1 x Centre Midfielder
1 x Attacking midfielder
1 x striker

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:13 - Dec 29 with 3126 viewsnantywatcher

Burnley are currently in 12th place. There is no way they have a squad that is better than ours. they are bang average but with a manager who thinks deeply about the game and can motivate his players. That is what we have been missing. We will double/treble our money on Mawson IF he is managed correctly over next couple of years. More than one or two EXTRA players in the squad would be sheer lunacy.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:31 - Dec 29 with 3003 viewsicecoldjack

What does Rodney Marsh know ?

Been watching everyone of bobs games ? I think not, he is probably pandering to an American audience.

The swans squad is no worse than the following.

Boro
Watford
Burnley
Bournemouth
Sunderland
Hull

what most of those clubs have is a togetherness ,team spirit and manager whom the players believe in .
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:39 - Dec 29 with 2945 viewsLeonWasGod

No it doesn't lie, but we were talking about the squad. This exact same squad bar the changes I mentioned were performing at mid-table levels earlier this year.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:46 - Dec 29 with 2885 viewsLeonWasGod

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 15:41 - Dec 29 by sherpajacob

Take a look at @BlueCitizen007's Tweet:

Having seen what our competition is up to, I have faith that with the right man in charge we can be ok.

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:49 - Dec 29 with 2849 viewsVetchitBack

If he had said our defence (and I'd include our defensive midfield in that) then he's not too far off at all.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:59 - Dec 29 with 2799 viewsjohnlangy

We've scored more than Hull, Sunderland, Boro, Burnley, Stoke and Southampton. Also 4/5 others are on 22/23 goals so very similar to us (we've scored 21).

So defence is the problem. With a quality right back, centre half and defensive mid that would make a hell of a difference.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:15 - Dec 29 with 2679 viewsLeonWasGod

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:59 - Dec 29 by johnlangy

We've scored more than Hull, Sunderland, Boro, Burnley, Stoke and Southampton. Also 4/5 others are on 22/23 goals so very similar to us (we've scored 21).

So defence is the problem. With a quality right back, centre half and defensive mid that would make a hell of a difference.

Certainly would. Plus a decent manager and we'd probably start to look like our old selves. Barrow, Routs and Montero all seem to be going backwards though. Hopefully a lot of that's down to confidence.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:33 - Dec 29 with 2582 viewsmax936

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:15 - Dec 29 by LeonWasGod

Certainly would. Plus a decent manager and we'd probably start to look like our old selves. Barrow, Routs and Montero all seem to be going backwards though. Hopefully a lot of that's down to confidence.

We surely need at least one fullback and a winger, so with a CH, CM. AM and a Striker that's 6 players ain't gonna happen and if it did it wouldn't work as they'll take a month/6 weeks to gel we ain't got that luxury, 2/3 players of quality through the spine of the side is best all round for now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 2509 viewsjack2jack

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:12 - Dec 29 by harryhpalmer

4 players are on Jenkins shopping list.

1 x Central Defender
1 x Centre Midfielder
1 x Attacking midfielder
1 x striker

Do we have any names to go with that list,would be interesting?
Rodders lives in America, he's been duped as well.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 17:51]
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:51 - Dec 29 with 2484 viewsswan65split

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 16:31 - Dec 29 by icecoldjack

What does Rodney Marsh know ?

Been watching everyone of bobs games ? I think not, he is probably pandering to an American audience.

The swans squad is no worse than the following.

Boro
Watford
Burnley
Bournemouth
Sunderland
Hull

what most of those clubs have is a togetherness ,team spirit and manager whom the players believe in .

Exactly what the above says, he played in US for a while and is playing to the Americans, no doubt there is also a link there somewhere with Bewildered Brad.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:59 - Dec 29 with 2425 viewsQuincy999

What we require is 2-3 players. These 2-3 players must improve on our first team and must not be bought just to improve the depth of our squad. All our recent purchases have been squad players.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:59 - Dec 29 with 2422 viewsBanosswan

Blake's a first class prik. He's wanted us to go down since we came up.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 18:03 - Dec 29 with 2396 viewsjack247

Marsh is a bona fide plank.

1. It's not even the worst squad in this seasons PL, let alone in 20 odd years.
2. Bob would have come here if it was the worst squad ever assembled in the history of the Conference. He would have crawled over broken glass for any PL job.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 18:40 - Dec 29 with 2277 viewsLeonWasGod

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 17:59 - Dec 29 by Quincy999

What we require is 2-3 players. These 2-3 players must improve on our first team and must not be bought just to improve the depth of our squad. All our recent purchases have been squad players.

Agreed. We've got a team full of squad fillers. We lost 2 quality players anf look what's happened. I don't see why 2-3 *quality* players under a good manager couldn't get us back to where we were at the end of last season. Key is strengthening the spine. Trouble is, we aren't being linked to anyone of real quality, I suspect we can't afford them and there are very few free transfers around in January.

On top of 2-3 new faces, we also need our existing players to step up again - eg we know our wingers can cause problems, but they need to do so consistently and not play like the minges they've been. If they don't improve undervthe new man then we are looking at 5-6 players needed and that won't happen.
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 18:46 - Dec 29 with 2232 viewsjack2jack

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 18:40 - Dec 29 by LeonWasGod

Agreed. We've got a team full of squad fillers. We lost 2 quality players anf look what's happened. I don't see why 2-3 *quality* players under a good manager couldn't get us back to where we were at the end of last season. Key is strengthening the spine. Trouble is, we aren't being linked to anyone of real quality, I suspect we can't afford them and there are very few free transfers around in January.

On top of 2-3 new faces, we also need our existing players to step up again - eg we know our wingers can cause problems, but they need to do so consistently and not play like the minges they've been. If they don't improve undervthe new man then we are looking at 5-6 players needed and that won't happen.

Totally agree with the first bit,the whole squad needs a real lift,and some quality brought in January will certainly boost confidence
Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 2131 viewsLoyal

Marsh is a cnt, a drunken bully.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rodney Marsh on Bob ..... on 19:58 - Dec 29 with 1986 viewsstAteSwan

I didn't really support Bradley's hiring to begin with honestly. As am american, I like Bob, and hope he does well, but hiring him to run a squad that frankly doesn't have enough quality to remain in the league was a poor decision.

I know many of you slate him for poor tactics and whatever, I don't think his tactics were that poor honestly. I think he was just doing what he could to try and figure out a way to earn points.

I'm torn. I don't feel he was ever going to be given a fair shake as an American by fans and the British media, but I'm not sure he could have kept us up either. Then again, I'm not sure any manager can save this club right now

Either way. I'll still watch and cheer on the side and hope they can keep us up, and if they don't, I'll watch and cheer on the side next season as I frantically try to figure out how to watch the English Championship from the states.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024