Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? 23:44 - Jul 3 with 3969 viewsLoyal

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 08:49 - Jul 4 with 2546 viewsPegojack

The correct answer is me.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 09:15 - Jul 4 with 2524 viewsMeraki

I think all of them.

In relative terms they have taken a pay cut over the last decade or so, yes they have had a 1% pay rise each year - but compare that with the rate of inflation and there in lies the issue.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 10:43 - Jul 4 with 2493 viewsHighjack

I'm glad to see tax collectors leading the way, they do a fantastic job. But if traffic wardens was up there id vote for them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 10:46 - Jul 4 with 2491 viewsSPboy

What about an option for none of them?

We are all paying above inflation Council tax increases, tax, NIC, etc. & getting less and less for our money.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 11:04 - Jul 4 with 2477 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 10:46 - Jul 4 by SPboy

We are all paying above inflation Council tax increases, tax, NIC, etc. & getting less and less for our money.

that isnt their fault though

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 11:10 - Jul 4 with 2466 viewsPegojack

We are indeed all paying above inflation council tax and getting less and less for our money.

The reason is that the fecking Tories are continually cutting the money they give to local government but still expect it to deliver the same essential services. it's not rocket science.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 12:42 - Jul 4 with 2426 viewsjack2jack

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 11:04 - Jul 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

that isnt their fault though

Exactly Tommy, in real terms their wages have been going backwards at a rate of knots.
Govt spending has decreased, staff are leaving at an alarming rate, not to be replaced.
I'm not suggesting for one minute there aren't perks, i.e. Good holidays, but that's about it. Pensions are not that good. And pay rises are not even keeping up with inflation, In real terms most have taken a pay cut. I suppose i'm going to get a sh!te load of abuse now, for daring to defend Public sector workers, by some who know FA about working in this sector.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 12:43 - Jul 4 with 2424 viewsLohengrin

When it comes to talk of which branch of public servants is most deserving of a rise how is it that servicemen barely rate a mention? Is there any single group who can match that level of dedication and sacrifice for the commonweal?

[Post edited 4 Jul 2017 13:57]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 13:29 - Jul 4 with 2367 viewsCountyJim

Hospital Porters
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 13:53 - Jul 4 with 2339 viewswestwalesed

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 13:29 - Jul 4 by CountyJim

Hospital Porters

Well I work in the Third Sector which is funded by the NHS and Charitable Donations.

And I've had a 0 percent increase in my wages for the last four years.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 14:21 - Jul 4 with 2307 viewsLeonWasGod

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 12:43 - Jul 4 by Lohengrin

When it comes to talk of which branch of public servants is most deserving of a rise how is it that servicemen barely rate a mention? Is there any single group who can match that level of dedication and sacrifice for the commonweal?

Yeah, but nurses

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 14:45 - Jul 4 with 2293 viewsHighjack

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 12:43 - Jul 4 by Lohengrin

It's because it doesn't fit the narrative of the people's republic of Corbynland where everyone in the world lives in peace and all the military will be needed for is to round up and shoot the filthy fat cat capitalists who have more than four pounds forty pence in savings.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 16:42 - Jul 4 with 2257 viewsLoyal

Yes, and so are they.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 17:15 - Jul 4 with 2238 viewsmajorraglan

Public Sector workers have had a difficult time over the last 7 years, the MP's on the other hand have received above average rises! One in- all in! There's a lot of worthy of occupations listed above, but to my mind one notable group missing from the list is Prison Officers, that's a pretty tough job in some very difficult conditions.

My former neighbour was a HMRC inspector, he and a lot of his colleagues lost their jobs during the cut backs, couldn't work this out as having less tax collectors could encourage the more dishonestly inclined to take a chance and avoid paying what's due in tax, especially those large corporations we see channeling money through subsidiaries in other countries.

At this moment in time, there appears to be less money (in real terms) being spent on public services whilst there are more people accessing them and something has to give.

As a country we need to have a mature conversation about what exactly we want and what we are prepared to pay for.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 17:38 - Jul 4 with 2212 viewsLoyal

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 17:15 - Jul 4 by majorraglan

Public Sector workers have had a difficult time over the last 7 years, the MP's on the other hand have received above average rises! One in- all in! There's a lot of worthy of occupations listed above, but to my mind one notable group missing from the list is Prison Officers, that's a pretty tough job in some very difficult conditions.

My former neighbour was a HMRC inspector, he and a lot of his colleagues lost their jobs during the cut backs, couldn't work this out as having less tax collectors could encourage the more dishonestly inclined to take a chance and avoid paying what's due in tax, especially those large corporations we see channeling money through subsidiaries in other countries.

At this moment in time, there appears to be less money (in real terms) being spent on public services whilst there are more people accessing them and something has to give.

As a country we need to have a mature conversation about what exactly we want and what we are prepared to pay for.

I saw two special constable coppers on Saturday with a pcso.
I think that answers your question.
Three bodies on the street for the price of half a copper.

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 17:43 - Jul 4 with 2203 viewsjack2jack

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 17:38 - Jul 4 by Loyal

I saw two special constable coppers on Saturday with a pcso.
I think that answers your question.
Three bodies on the street for the price of half a copper.

Exactly,and they want us dull tw@s to vote for them,jeez
Politics it's all bollox
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 17:59 - Jul 4 with 2182 viewsyescomeon

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 14:21 - Jul 4 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, but nurses

God alive, just had to cross my legs.

Upthecity!

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 18:39 - Jul 4 with 2151 viewssherpajacob

MPs ?

We need to make the job more attractive and recruit some better ones.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 19:12 - Jul 4 with 2122 viewsCooperman

We've received exceptional support from NHS nurses over the past three months so I'm slightly biased towards them.

However they are faced with an enormous amount of red tape and beaurocracy that hinders their efficiency, as is the case with the police etc.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 19:17 - Jul 4 with 2110 viewsexiledclaseboy

All of them.

Poll: Tory leader

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 19:59 - Jul 4 with 2080 viewsKilkennyjack

Its tbe Tory way to divide and conquer.

The old vs the young.
Public sector vs private sector.
Working people vs unemployed
UK vs EU
UK vs Scotland
Graduates vs non graduates
Patriotic vs multi-cultualism

All public sector workers deserve proper wages.
Stop Brexit and Trident, and we will save a lot of wasted money.

Beware of the Risen People

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 20:08 - Jul 4 with 2070 viewsjack247

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 19:59 - Jul 4 by Kilkennyjack

Its tbe Tory way to divide and conquer.

The old vs the young.
Public sector vs private sector.
Working people vs unemployed
UK vs EU
UK vs Scotland
Graduates vs non graduates
Patriotic vs multi-cultualism

All public sector workers deserve proper wages.
Stop Brexit and Trident, and we will save a lot of wasted money.

Genuine question, what does the average public sector worker earn?

I know a few nurses, not saying I'd do their job and they obviously work a lot of antisocial hours, but I'd bet the average nurse in Swansea earns more than the average person/private sector worker in Swansea.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 20:25 - Jul 4 with 2052 viewsmajorraglan

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 20:08 - Jul 4 by jack247

Genuine question, what does the average public sector worker earn?

I know a few nurses, not saying I'd do their job and they obviously work a lot of antisocial hours, but I'd bet the average nurse in Swansea earns more than the average person/private sector worker in Swansea.

A newly qualified nurse (complete with degree) starts off at approximately £21.5k.

A new police officer starts off on just over £19k.

A newly qualified teacher starts off on £21k.

A 21 year old working 40 hours per week on minimum wage earns £14,664

A 25 year old working 40 hours per week on minimum wage earns £15,600.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 20:31 - Jul 4 with 2041 viewsjack247

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 20:25 - Jul 4 by majorraglan

A newly qualified nurse (complete with degree) starts off at approximately £21.5k.

That's the basic salary though I'm guessing? Nurses (quite rightly) earn a good few grand a year in shift allowance. Not sure if that applies to police officers?I think wages go up reasonably steeply in the first few years in all of those professions too.

Not amazing money and they do a hell of a difficult job, but easily enough to live comfortably in Swansea.
Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 20:34 - Jul 4 with 2032 viewsexiledclaseboy

Public Sector Wages ? Who deserves a rise the most ? on 20:25 - Jul 4 by majorraglan

Odd comparisons there. Qualified nurses and coppers starting out compared to minimum wage jobs.

Fwiw the average public sector wage in Wales is higher than the private sector equivalent. But again that's not the full picture because of the concentration of public sector and civil service jobs here. Senior management and senior civil service will often be on upwards of £100k , bumping the average up fairly significantly.

And I don't accept the premise that because private sector wages are lower those in the public sector should match them. It's not a race to the bottom, or at least it shouldn't be. The more everyone earns the more everyone spends, thus boosting the economy and creating even more jobs so even more people have money to spend and further boost the economy and create even more jobs...

Etc.

Edit - just be clear, I'm not suggesting majoraglan is saying this. I just went off on one a bit.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2017 20:36]

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024