Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust 11:06 - Jul 24 with 8215 viewsDarran

Did the stadium management confer with the Trust before putting the price of parking for people that wouldn't be able to go without it up again like they said they were going to do the last time they put it up without telling anyone?

It was £50 in the first season at the stadium its now £220.

And with all due respect what is the point of the utterly farcical DSA?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 11:39 - Jul 24 with 4279 viewsSTID2017

TBH as one who at this time doesn't need it but has a disabled wife (so I have a full understanding of the problems you and others in your position suffer), the fact they charge anything at all is disgraceful.
Even if they charged £4 or £5 per game it would be better, but still too much

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 11:44 - Jul 24 with 4259 viewsswancity

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 11:39 - Jul 24 by STID2017

TBH as one who at this time doesn't need it but has a disabled wife (so I have a full understanding of the problems you and others in your position suffer), the fact they charge anything at all is disgraceful.
Even if they charged £4 or £5 per game it would be better, but still too much

Oh come on. It's quite right that there is a charge involved. But over £200 is scandalous. A fair and reasonable compromise would be around £95 a season. Crazy.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 11:49 - Jul 24 with 4248 viewsSTID2017

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 11:44 - Jul 24 by swancity

Oh come on. It's quite right that there is a charge involved. But over £200 is scandalous. A fair and reasonable compromise would be around £95 a season. Crazy.

The majority of supporters like me can find alternative parking cheaper or free, or alternative transport.
Disabled people are forced to pay this charge or in many cases not attend.
It's just ripping off those most in need.
Most events that my wife and I attend offer all sorts of concessions for disabled customers, over and above free carer's tickets.

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 11:50 - Jul 24 with 4245 viewsairedale

Do they justify charging over £10 per PL game because disabled bays are bigger?
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 12:03 - Jul 24 with 4223 viewsN_T_J

Since the stadium opened I had my own little parking spot 10 mins walk from the ground.

I missed all last season due to a very bad car crash and was based in Cardiff hospitals for 7 months.

Hoping to manage the games this season though, but due to no where to park now i will need someone to drop me off at ticket office, i was going to pay the disabled parking fee, but refuse because its a joke by the club.

I dont mind paying half the fee though.
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 12:29 - Jul 24 with 4185 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Terrible stuff .

Come on Swansea City ,this is poor .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 4153 viewsMarinaJack

We should be giving Free Parking to the disabled, it's tough enough for them to get to games as it is.

Never mind stinging them with increased parking charges
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 12:44 - Jul 24 with 4134 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 12:39 - Jul 24 by MarinaJack

We should be giving Free Parking to the disabled, it's tough enough for them to get to games as it is.

Never mind stinging them with increased parking charges

They seem to have turned into the Conservative party, they love a bit of disabled bashing.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 12:48 - Jul 24 with 4122 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It's disgraceful that the disabled pay at all for parking.

The only exception I would make is for those disabled people who can afford, for example, a Bentley. It's just a drop in the ocean for them even though they are sadly disabled.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 13:05 - Jul 24 with 4093 viewsgazza_1234

It should be Means tested imo.
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 13:29 - Jul 24 with 4042 viewsSTID2017

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 13:05 - Jul 24 by gazza_1234

It should be Means tested imo.

Do the directors, coaches and players pay £200 a year I wonder ?

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 13:49 - Jul 24 with 4015 viewsDafyddHuw

Dar - it's disgusting mate. Making money off the backs of the most vulneranle in society.
We all seem to forget though that we're customers these days. The club just see us as cash cows, not fans.
Whatever happened to our SCFC?
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 13:58 - Jul 24 with 4003 viewsFlash

This seems to be a massive increase. I thought that the Trust had a disability officer, he must have been involved in any meeting with the stadium about the pricing. It would be the stadium not the football club who would have made this decision.
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 14:15 - Jul 24 with 3971 viewsJackfath

This is another dreadful situation at the club. Do they really need to hike the price up considering how wealthy they are now? Do they actually need to charge anything for those spaces?

I'd like to hear whether the trust were consulted on this as per the OP, considering they've stated that relationships are so much better.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 14:48 - Jul 24 with 3920 viewswaynekerr55

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 14:15 - Jul 24 by Jackfath

This is another dreadful situation at the club. Do they really need to hike the price up considering how wealthy they are now? Do they actually need to charge anything for those spaces?

I'd like to hear whether the trust were consulted on this as per the OP, considering they've stated that relationships are so much better.

Has anyone asked Mr D on Twitter?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 15:33 - Jul 24 with 3879 viewsDarran

Well I'd like to know who makes the decision.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 15:37 - Jul 24 with 3872 viewsLoyal

About time we agreed.
Free spaces for disabled fans and an increase in spaces.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 16:48 - Jul 24 with 3813 viewsBLAZE

It shouldn't cost a disabled supporter a single penny more to attend a match than it costs an able bodied supporter. If that means a free carer and free parking to accommodate and enable their presence then so be it. £11.50 a game to park. Hideous.
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 17:02 - Jul 24 with 3771 viewsEasternJack

Is there an official comms or letter on this change?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 17:10 - Jul 24 with 3753 viewsicecoldjack

Disgraceful .

I had my dad over to Norway last week and he has a disabled badge, we could park almost anywhere for unlimited time for free, using the ferry up to Bergen from Stavanger and they couldn't do enough to help, making sure we parked right next to an elevator, i sometimes wonder if we are going backwards back home RE help for those who need it.
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 17:18 - Jul 24 with 3739 viewsjack2jack

That is apauling, they are charging over £11.50 per game,why are they charging over twice than able bodied people are being charged,correct me if I'm wrong but if you can park at the stadium it is £5 or 6 quid which is still way over priced.
The parking is a mess anyway.Whether it's the club or Stadco setting the prices,they should be ashamed.
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 17:38 - Jul 24 with 3700 viewsKilkennyjack

Perhaps some the the clubs highest paid employees could sponsor a space per game so it would be free to use.

As above, should not cost a disabled supporter any more than any other supporter.

Our club is for everyone.

Beware of the Risen People

Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 17:47 - Jul 24 with 3677 viewsMartyrman57

Have you put yourself forward for the DSA Darran ? That way you may be able to make a difference.
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 17:48 - Jul 24 with 3671 viewsmajorraglan

Personally, I think asking disabled people to pay £11.50 is a disgrace, do disabled Ospreys supporters have to pay the same amount?

Who is responsible for imposing these charges, is it Stadco or Swansea City?
Disabled Parking at the stadium & The Trust on 17:53 - Jul 24 with 3652 viewstomdickharry

Truly shocking the cost Daz. Still no reply from the Trust why don't you e-mail them direct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024