Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Bartley 22:47 - Aug 22 with 11873 viewsLandore_Jack

Any news on his injury?

#backtojack

Kyle Bartley on 10:13 - Aug 23 with 3176 viewsJackFish

Kyle Bartley on 09:15 - Aug 23 by raynor94

I think he's highlighting how laughable this board is concerning Bartley

Surely regardless of whether you rate Bartley or not, most people are in agreement that he's our first backup centre half, and if he's going to be out for a significant amount of time we need to bring someone in to cover him, because we're not going to want van der hoof playing regularly.
Kyle Bartley on 10:46 - Aug 23 with 3085 viewsraynor94

Kyle Bartley on 10:13 - Aug 23 by JackFish

Surely regardless of whether you rate Bartley or not, most people are in agreement that he's our first backup centre half, and if he's going to be out for a significant amount of time we need to bring someone in to cover him, because we're not going to want van der hoof playing regularly.

100%agree, but Chico? his time has gone

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kyle Bartley on 10:48 - Aug 23 with 3067 viewsKerouac

I really wish we had sold Bartley for £7m at the start of the summer and brought in somebody else.

I wish Bartley wasn't the 1st choice back up, but he is and so (coupled with our dabble with 3 centre halves) his injury has weakened us).
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Fernandez and Mawson don't get injured for a couple of months...if that happens we are f*cked.

As others have stated, Chico would be just about the best quality back up we could pick up on a free...certainly of the centre-backs who would consider playing for us.

Loan out or move on Van der Hoorn and bring Chico in and we would look stronger at Centre-back.

Me personally, I'd pick him ahead of Bartley every time and I reckon he would excel on the right side of the 3 centre-backs....we might actually start playing it out from the back again.

Won't happen though, too many pr*cks here who care more about what Sam Allardyce and cretinous pundits think of him, so no point in getting excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kyle Bartley on 10:49 - Aug 23 with 3066 viewsgiantstoneater

Kyle Bartley on 08:49 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Hang on now, let me get this right, a couple of weeks ago the brains trust on here were crying that we are going to get relegated because we gave Kyle a new contract. Fast forward a couple of weeks, Kyle gets injured after playing well for a couple of games and the brains trust are now advocating a return for the clown prince?

You really, really, couldn't make this site up.

Fantastic stuff.

It's up to the player to change our minds, he was a disaster for us when he played for us previously but had a good season and has come back to us full of renewed confidence has looked good in pre-season and was in the running for mom v Utd, not fully convinced but if he carries on in the same sort of form we should be willing to give him a chance. The timing of the injury is bad news for him let's hope it's nothing and he can carry on. Moras anyone!!
Kyle Bartley on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 3025 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kyle Bartley on 09:48 - Aug 23 by jasonbromham

Hopefully it won't be as bad as feared. Always liked Bartley myself, lets face it anyone who played under Bob Bradley deserves another chance including Amat. I haven't seen anything of Van Der Hoorn though to suggest he's up to scratch.

Funny how short some people's memories are.
It was VDH that kept Troy Deeney (when he was scoring well) completely out of the game against us.
So there is a player in there, but all of them were severely blighted under Bradley.
Kyle Bartley on 10:58 - Aug 23 with 3013 viewsItchySphincter

Kyle Bartley on 08:12 - Aug 23 by Drizzy

He's played pub-level football for the last few years and not a single team in any European top league has shown interest. Cares more about his Ferrari than his career.

Thankfully we'll go nowhere near him.

I'd laugh my tits of if you were wrong again Newp.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Kyle Bartley on 11:00 - Aug 23 with 3002 viewsawayjack

Kyle Bartley on 08:49 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Hang on now, let me get this right, a couple of weeks ago the brains trust on here were crying that we are going to get relegated because we gave Kyle a new contract. Fast forward a couple of weeks, Kyle gets injured after playing well for a couple of games and the brains trust are now advocating a return for the clown prince?

You really, really, couldn't make this site up.

Fantastic stuff.

Yup one decent match and he's suddenly a world beater. I hope he recovers quickly, but if we're gong with 3 CB, we needed better cover than VD Hoorne.
Kyle Bartley on 11:12 - Aug 23 with 2954 viewsjasper_T

I would never wish an injury on one of our players but if a centreback had to get injured I'm glad it was Bartley... or vdH.

We should have been looking for a new cb all summer. Maybe the club has one ready to go and were waiting for the Gylfi money (lol).
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Bartley on 11:15 - Aug 23 with 2934 viewsjasonbromham

Kyle Bartley on 10:56 - Aug 23 by A_Fans_Dad

It was VDH that kept Troy Deeney (when he was scoring well) completely out of the game against us.
So there is a player in there, but all of them were severely blighted under Bradley.

I don't disagree I just don't think he is up to it on a consistent basis but I hope I am proved wrong :)
Kyle Bartley on 11:20 - Aug 23 with 2919 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Bartley on 11:00 - Aug 23 by awayjack

Yup one decent match and he's suddenly a world beater. I hope he recovers quickly, but if we're gong with 3 CB, we needed better cover than VD Hoorne.

Jordi Amat?
Kyle Bartley on 11:32 - Aug 23 with 2863 viewskarnataka

Kyle Bartley on 10:13 - Aug 23 by JackFish

Just maybe playing regularly is exactly what van der Hoorn needs just like playing regularly has improved Kyle Bartley beyond recognition. I'm not suggesting vdH is the answer but so many are writing a player off when he only plays about 15 minutes of competitive football a month. As A Fan's Dad pointed out, vdH kept Troy Deeney out of the game against us last season so he's maybe got it in him somewhere. It would be unfortunate if he has to get that run of competitive games for us rather than out on loan in the Championship like KB did but it could be the making of him. Still hope we get someone else in though.
Kyle Bartley on 11:46 - Aug 23 with 2806 viewsJackSkellington

Kyle Bartley on 11:20 - Aug 23 by WarwickHunt

Jordi Amat?

Can we recall him from his loan if we need to?
Kyle Bartley on 11:50 - Aug 23 with 2782 viewstomdickharry

Great shame about the injury,probably Mr Clement will wait to see how bad it is before committing to a new player.
Kyle Bartley on 12:44 - Aug 23 with 2662 viewstheloneranger

Kyle Bartley on 11:20 - Aug 23 by WarwickHunt

Jordi Amat?

He's getting splinters in his arse at Real Betis at the mo!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Kyle Bartley on 12:48 - Aug 23 with 2641 viewsunion_jack

Kyle Bartley on 12:44 - Aug 23 by theloneranger

He's got to adapt to the league mun!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kyle Bartley on 12:56 - Aug 23 with 2590 viewspencoedjack

Kyle Bartley on 12:44 - Aug 23 by theloneranger

I'm surprised he gets to the bench he's forever playing call of duty ?
Kyle Bartley on 13:32 - Aug 23 with 2495 viewsPrivate_Partz

Kyle Bartley on 10:46 - Aug 23 by raynor94

100%agree, but Chico? his time has gone

Nah. The time is right for the return of the madman. I don't think it will happen mind you. Too much back tracking for Jenkins to do when he was blaming everyone that was Danish or Spanish for our ills before jumping into bed with Monk's gang.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 13:43]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Kyle Bartley on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 2451 viewssnork44

Kyle Bartley on 00:41 - Aug 23 by majorraglan

As far as I can see from the Transfermarkt web site, Chico Flores is a free agent. At 30 years of age he should be approaching his prime, albeit he has spent the last few years in the Gulf. Anybody think he'd do a job at the club?

Don't give Huw ideas , he may read this and act on it !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Kyle Bartley on 13:48 - Aug 23 with 2424 viewsPrivate_Partz

Kyle Bartley on 09:48 - Aug 23 by jasonbromham

Hopefully it won't be as bad as feared. Always liked Bartley myself, lets face it anyone who played under Bob Bradley deserves another chance including Amat. I haven't seen anything of Van Der Hoorn though to suggest he's up to scratch.

I hope you are right. Did not like the sound of Clements description of the injury however. Seems it is definitely the knee so the worst scenario is the metawhotsit that keeps players out for a season and sometimes ends careers.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Kyle Bartley on 13:51 - Aug 23 with 2403 viewssully49

I've never been a KB fan but he showed at Leeds that he would be a useful addition to our squad and last Saturday, PC was wrong to take him off and that was the biggest criticism on this site last week. So I believe it will be a blow to our back 4 which showed such promise was the only positive so far this campaign.
This injury will hopefully treatable but he'll be out for some time with getting over the injury along with the physiotherapy after that, I agree we need to bring in a replacement asap.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:36]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Kyle Bartley on 14:09 - Aug 23 with 2351 viewsPrivate_Partz

Kyle Bartley on 13:51 - Aug 23 by sully49

I've never been a KB fan but he showed at Leeds that he would be a useful addition to our squad and last Saturday, PC was wrong to take him off and that was the biggest criticism on this site last week. So I believe it will be a blow to our back 4 which showed such promise was the only positive so far this campaign.
This injury will hopefully treatable but he'll be out for some time with getting over the injury along with the physiotherapy after that, I agree we need to bring in a replacement asap.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:36]

Have you heard it is a worst case scenario? The BBC has quoted Clements as being more positive saying he will give him time to recover but has an outside chance for the Palace game. I just picked that up from News Now so make of it what you will.....

Kyle Bartley on 14:29 - Aug 23 with 2298 viewsmacthejack

Kyle Bartley on 14:09 - Aug 23 by Private_Partz

Have you heard it is a worst case scenario? The BBC has quoted Clements as being more positive saying he will give him time to recover but has an outside chance for the Palace game. I just picked that up from News Now so make of it what you will.....

Oh don't be a spoil sport. Let people loose their sh*t in piece won't you?

Although I will add that Clement is saying Llorente has a chance for the Palace game no Bartley.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 14:30]
Kyle Bartley on 15:47 - Aug 23 with 2136 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Everyone's slagging off VDH, but I remember seeing his first two games for us, both against Man City.
Watched the games with two mates, and we all said after the 1st and 2nd games,that he played well.
Assured on the ball, good in the air, our only concern, was his speed, or lack of it, on the turn.
Considering it was his first two games, in a different country, but there was room for optimism.
I agree he hasn't pulled up many trees since, but previous managers haven't helped.
But with the help of Clement's coaching, and his coaching staff, maybe, there will be grounds for optimism ?
Having said that, I thought Bartley's been playing well, and VDH could have been an occasional backup option.
But with Bartley's injury last night, not sure if VDH is ready to step up to a regular, 3 centre back formation, or God forbid, an injury to FF or AM.
Unfortunately, time isn't on his side, with the window closing in two weeks.
Can you see the Yanks paying more wages for a loan, backup centre back?
Kyle Bartley on 17:57 - Aug 23 with 1982 viewsFlashberryjack

Kyle Bartley on 10:56 - Aug 23 by A_Fans_Dad

You think there's a good player in VDH (PL mind)....... Seriously ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kyle Bartley on 18:39 - Aug 23 with 1861 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kyle Bartley on 17:57 - Aug 23 by Flashberryjack

You think there's a good player in VDH (PL mind)....... Seriously ?

Yes I do, many believed Kyle wasn't good enough either and look how well he has come on with regular football.
Just how good is the question, will he always be back up or can he get back to fighting for a starting place?
I seem to remember practically everyone wanted to get rid of FF last year and yet under PC he has gelled with Alfie and they now make a good partnership, so who knows?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024