Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fast flowing football 18:10 - Sep 10 with 2860 viewspencoedjack

Still waiting
Fast flowing football on 18:15 - Sep 10 with 1931 viewsLeonWasGod

It's the ghost of Siggy slowing us down
Fast flowing football on 19:53 - Sep 10 with 1837 viewsjack2jack

Far from it, we were at home FFS.Id had it in my head we were going to win today,in fact spoke to a Newcastle fan on the way home,he was delighted, he said they were expecting to be beaten at least 3-0.
Fast flowing football on 19:55 - Sep 10 with 1820 viewsMrSwerve

Free Flowing Football (TM) innit?

In all seriousness it'll take a while.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fast flowing football on 20:20 - Sep 10 with 1754 viewspencoedjack

Fast flowing football on 19:55 - Sep 10 by MrSwerve

Free Flowing Football (TM) innit?

In all seriousness it'll take a while.

Not totally true Mr Sweve

PC will build a side difficult to beat fast flowing football we won't see .,. Mark my words
Fast flowing football on 20:23 - Sep 10 with 1733 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We do not have a manager who will have us attempt to play fast flowing football.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fast flowing football on 20:23 - Sep 10 with 1728 viewsicecoldjack

We have to repair the footballing principles that were eroded by Laudrup first, only then will we see more than 3 consecutive forward passes !
Fast flowing football on 20:34 - Sep 10 with 1683 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk's fault apparently.

Poll: Tory leader

Fast flowing football on 20:38 - Sep 10 with 1655 viewspencoedjack

Fast flowing football on 20:23 - Sep 10 by icecoldjack

We have to repair the footballing principles that were eroded by Laudrup first, only then will we see more than 3 consecutive forward passes !

I take it you are jesting Icecold with the Laudrup jibe ?
Login to get fewer ads

Fast flowing football on 20:41 - Sep 10 with 1640 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fast flowing football on 20:23 - Sep 10 by icecoldjack

You blame ML for eroding our football principles Ice? Nice to disagree with you completely on that point :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Fast flowing football on 20:44 - Sep 10 with 1613 viewsjack247

Fast flowing football on 20:23 - Sep 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We do not have a manager who will have us attempt to play fast flowing football.

We have a manager (and the players) to play attractive football on the counter attack. We don't have anything out wide and I'm sure we will play off Bony.

Clements first thought is always going to be making us hard to break down though and we are rarely going to commit numbers forward. The problem is going to come when, like today, teams come to shut up shop and hope to nick something. We were far too negative against a team we needed to be attacking. Backwards and sideways passing is fine at Chelsea and Man City. We can't continually do it in home games we should be at least trying to win.
Fast flowing football on 20:46 - Sep 10 with 1598 viewsBenJ94

Any form of f*cking football would be a start!
Fast flowing football on 20:49 - Sep 10 with 1571 viewsJackFish

I don't disagree jack247, but didn't think Newcastle came to shut up shop today, they created far more than us all game and didn't really sit behind the ball at any point.

There were huge gaps between between the defensive seven and attacking three today, complete lack of any decent wide players and creativity in the middle.
Fast flowing football on 20:50 - Sep 10 with 1551 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fast flowing football on 20:44 - Sep 10 by jack247

We have a manager (and the players) to play attractive football on the counter attack. We don't have anything out wide and I'm sure we will play off Bony.

Clements first thought is always going to be making us hard to break down though and we are rarely going to commit numbers forward. The problem is going to come when, like today, teams come to shut up shop and hope to nick something. We were far too negative against a team we needed to be attacking. Backwards and sideways passing is fine at Chelsea and Man City. We can't continually do it in home games we should be at least trying to win.

Manchester United didn't try to nick anything and shut up shop. Neither did Southampton. We looked like we wouldn't score if we played for another 90 minutes against those two sides too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fast flowing football on 20:54 - Sep 10 with 1536 viewsjack247

Fast flowing football on 20:49 - Sep 10 by JackFish

I don't disagree jack247, but didn't think Newcastle came to shut up shop today, they created far more than us all game and didn't really sit behind the ball at any point.

There were huge gaps between between the defensive seven and attacking three today, complete lack of any decent wide players and creativity in the middle.

They only really attacked us in the second half when they realised that even if we did get a bit of possession in their half, we were going to knock it side to side until it eventually got to Fab or the centre backs. They came down not to concede and bar Mawsons header, Tammys one on one (one of our very few inventive moments) and Narsinghs late chance when Bony played him in, probably couldn't believe how easy it was.
Fast flowing football on 20:56 - Sep 10 with 1522 viewsawayjack

Quite a few occasions we had space to break out, we turned back inside then backwards. Yes it'll take time for team and tactics to gel, but four games in and simply not create enough chances. We'll have to win a lot of 1-0 games with our ultra defensive tactics. I guess wit 5 defenders and 4 defense orientated midfield, with such poor supply Ayew and Tammy simply not quick or strong enough to carve out chances. Tammy should've buried the chance but I guess showed his inexperience. Policy of selling proven PL quality players and replacing with inexperienced rookies on loan not so clever now.
Fast flowing football on 20:58 - Sep 10 with 1514 viewsjack247

Fast flowing football on 20:50 - Sep 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Manchester United didn't try to nick anything and shut up shop. Neither did Southampton. We looked like we wouldn't score if we played for another 90 minutes against those two sides too.

Quite true. We hadn't signed Bony or Sanches when we played those teams. We aren't going to look like scoring very often against anyone if we are just relying on Tammy and Ayew.
Fast flowing football on 21:00 - Sep 10 with 1500 viewsMrSwerve

Fast flowing football on 20:20 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Not totally true Mr Sweve

PC will build a side difficult to beat fast flowing football we won't see .,. Mark my words

It wouldn't surprise me at all Pencs.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fast flowing football on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 1490 viewspencoedjack

Fast flowing football on 20:56 - Sep 10 by awayjack

Quite a few occasions we had space to break out, we turned back inside then backwards. Yes it'll take time for team and tactics to gel, but four games in and simply not create enough chances. We'll have to win a lot of 1-0 games with our ultra defensive tactics. I guess wit 5 defenders and 4 defense orientated midfield, with such poor supply Ayew and Tammy simply not quick or strong enough to carve out chances. Tammy should've buried the chance but I guess showed his inexperience. Policy of selling proven PL quality players and replacing with inexperienced rookies on loan not so clever now.

Someone's missing from this thread ....
Fast flowing football on 21:04 - Sep 10 with 1475 views34dfgdf54

Fast flowing football on 20:54 - Sep 10 by jack247

They only really attacked us in the second half when they realised that even if we did get a bit of possession in their half, we were going to knock it side to side until it eventually got to Fab or the centre backs. They came down not to concede and bar Mawsons header, Tammys one on one (one of our very few inventive moments) and Narsinghs late chance when Bony played him in, probably couldn't believe how easy it was.

Again, pretty much how I saw it. I think they were surprised. You could tell they started to fancy it towards the end of first half.

Still can't get over how easy that goal was. You won't see defending like that often on Sunday League pitches.
Fast flowing football on 21:11 - Sep 10 with 1447 viewsvetchonian

Fast flowing football on 21:01 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Someone's missing from this thread ....

I ll be surprised if he turns up on here tonight

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fast flowing football on 21:20 - Sep 10 with 1404 viewsicecoldjack

Fast flowing football on 20:38 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

I take it you are jesting Icecold with the Laudrup jibe ?

I am indeed .

It's a surprise that the usual suspects haven't been along yet to accuse of loving Mr Laudrup too much once again!

I was just quoting Jenkins words in the aftermath of his sacking of ML "our footballing principles were being eroded " utter nonsense back then and actually quite incredible on reflection,especially having witnessed a steady decline in footballing quality the last 3 or so yrs.
Fast flowing football on 21:25 - Sep 10 with 1379 viewsTheResurrection

Fast flowing football on 21:11 - Sep 10 by vetchonian

I ll be surprised if he turns up on here tonight

You haven't got a clue the best of times

Strap your pissed stained pants in old boy, there's a long ride to go yet....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Fast flowing football on 21:32 - Sep 10 with 1321 viewspencoedjack

Fast flowing football on 21:25 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

How long you giving it till we see Ladrupeske footballing ethics ?

A straight answer will do Chris
Fast flowing football on 21:38 - Sep 10 with 1286 viewsvetchonian

Fast flowing football on 21:25 - Sep 10 by TheResurrection

There is a long way to go
First we saw today what would have happened had y gort your wish and sold Siggy and Llorente in January.
We saw today.nthat we have none who can deliver a ball of quality from a set piece or dead ball situation.Free kicks and corners will always be a part of the game and often present a golden opportunity to score we have lost that ability.
My concern is we are expecting great things from two rookie inexperienced but obviously talented youngsters in Tammy and Sanchez
Clem is now doing as Guido tinkering with formations and tactics on the fly as our transfer business was done so late in the window.
Whilst today s game was not the poorest I have witnessed in over 40 years of watching the Swans it was dour and boring and at no time did I see a glimmer that we could rescue a draw.....our wasted corners in the final minutes were a disgrace but hey ho keep the abuse going little boy I know it's because you need to use it to deflect from fact that you are often wrong than right but cannot accept it

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fast flowing football on 21:52 - Sep 10 with 1247 viewsTheResurrection

Fast flowing football on 21:32 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

How long you giving it till we see Ladrupeske footballing ethics ?

A straight answer will do Chris

Longer that one game with a settled squad, maybe?

Laudrup after those first 2 blow away games:

Swansea City 2 - 2 Sunderland
Aston Villa 2 — 0 Swansea City
Swansea City 0 - 3 Everton
Stoke City 2 — 0 Swansea City
Swansea City 2 - 2 Reading
Swansea 2 - 1 Wigan
Man City 1 -0 Swansea City
Swansea City 1 - 1 Chelsea
Southampton 1- 1 Swansea City

7 points out of 9 games. We all remember the West From game, yeah, but we don't remember the bits where we needed to dig in and become a team.

That's happening now. We're not a team who buys their way to glory instantly.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024