Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God we're boring to watch at the moment 14:13 - Sep 18 with 14302 viewsswancity

Aren't we?

And yes it was a very valuable point at Spurs but hardly deserved. 25-30 goal attempts for them, not one shot on target for us in 90 minutes and an incredible 7 goal attempts only to hit the target in 5 games and when the 'target' is 24 feet by 8 feet that stat takes some believing

But it's a means to an end. And I can see us plodding along to a finish of around 13th which will satisfy everyone. Or will it if the entertainment value and quality of the attacking football is poor?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:28 - Sep 18 with 4304 viewsoldcob

The fear of losing is greater than the thrill of winning at the moment. Understandable after last seasons experience I suppose.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:34 - Sep 18 with 4278 viewsVetchfielder

It will satisfy many but not me.

We've had 3 seasons now of poor football and I don't enjoy it anymore and don't look forward to many matches. In fact it's the matches against to poorer sides that I prefer these days. I just go because I "have to", if you know what I mean. I couldn't "not go" however boring or poor we are playing.

I had thought that our signings would prompt a more attacking style from PC but I haven't seen it yet, although I do admit it's early days for them. Let's see where we are and how we are doing after 10 matches.

I'm not hung up on the Premier League, it's not everything to me, so if it means taking a risk on relegation to get a bit of mojo and spark back into the team then so be it. PC won't do that though, he's too pragmatic a manager.

Proud to have been one of the 231

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:35 - Sep 18 with 4273 viewsMeraki

Reminds me of the Sousa days
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:43 - Sep 18 with 4248 viewsswancity

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:35 - Sep 18 by Meraki

Reminds me of the Sousa days

Yes it does, its chess on a football pitch with rigid formations, little interchange of positions and emphasis on defensive work with clean sheet importance being vital. If you own a hotel it is lol but by god it's boring to watch isn't it.

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:53 - Sep 18 with 4216 viewsJesuswasaJack

We are a bit but it will get better. Until then, if we can accumulate as many points as possible then all well and good.

I don't agree with what you say about our point being hardly deserved against Spurs. I've seen the stats banded about but I was there and while It's difficult watching us defend relentlessly for 90 mins we looked fairly comfortable for the vast majority of the game other than a shaky spell at the beginning of the second half. We did a really good job on them. Getting a point away against a top 4 side is still a big deal in my book.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:01 - Sep 18 with 4178 viewsTheResurrection

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:34 - Sep 18 by Vetchfielder

We've had 3 seasons now of poor football and I don't enjoy it anymore and don't look forward to many matches. In fact it's the matches against to poorer sides that I prefer these days. I just go because I "have to", if you know what I mean. I couldn't "not go" however boring or poor we are playing.

I had thought that our signings would prompt a more attacking style from PC but I haven't seen it yet, although I do admit it's early days for them. Let's see where we are and how we are doing after 10 matches.

I'm not hung up on the Premier League, it's not everything to me, so if it means taking a risk on relegation to get a bit of mojo and spark back into the team then so be it. PC won't do that though, he's too pragmatic a manager.

I'm sat here wondering if this is the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

First of all it's all about you and what you want or like. No offence here but seriously, who gives a shit?

Secondly you've written off this season when our star striker hasn't even facking started yet.

And thirdly it's like you're almost willing relegation on us in order for you to be able to enjoy your weekends a bit more.

Let me give you a bit of advice. Fack off to cinema on a Saturday afternoon and give your seat to someone with a facking pulse or something.

I can understand the hope for a more attacking style, Jesus we all want that, but this post is just pathetic, it really is.

By the way, anyone know the stats for these games last season? I think that would be a good place to start your moaning posts. Let's see where we are now compared to then?

And to Nige in the OP, You can't tally up all their shots and only use our shots on target. How many did Spurs actually have on target?

Because for all their pressure, we were never really troubled were we? We just did a proper, professional job on them. Italy have been winning world cups like this forever.

Two sides to a game, we're pretty good at the one, let's give the new squad time to get the other side better.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:23 - Sep 18 with 4100 viewsDarran

Surely nobody's expecting us to set and play against Watford at home in the same way as Spurs away?

Fuçk me we do have some fuçking idiots following us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:32 - Sep 18 with 4071 viewsMo_Wives

I think some people may be thinking too short term. We have had an unorganised last few seasons, lurching from crisis to crisis. Maybe it's not a bad time to build a solid foundation. Lots of people seem to be mentioning Sousa. I think Sousa's defensive foundations gave Brendan a platform for the next few seasons of success.
So we all want to see attacking football, but it won't be enjoyable if we let in three goals per game from bad defending (unless we score 4). Getting into the habit of keeping clean sheets is a good habit to have....and maybe soon we will build better attacks when Bony and Sanches are up to speed.

Edit - I'm willing to give it two more games...then my toys are coming out of the pram
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 15:35]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:43 - Sep 18 with 4032 viewsbuilthjack

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:01 - Sep 18 by TheResurrection

First of all it's all about you and what you want or like. No offence here but seriously, who gives a shit?

Secondly you've written off this season when our star striker hasn't even facking started yet.

And thirdly it's like you're almost willing relegation on us in order for you to be able to enjoy your weekends a bit more.

Let me give you a bit of advice. Fack off to cinema on a Saturday afternoon and give your seat to someone with a facking pulse or something.

I can understand the hope for a more attacking style, Jesus we all want that, but this post is just pathetic, it really is.

By the way, anyone know the stats for these games last season? I think that would be a good place to start your moaning posts. Let's see where we are now compared to then?

And to Nige in the OP, You can't tally up all their shots and only use our shots on target. How many did Spurs actually have on target?

Because for all their pressure, we were never really troubled were we? We just did a proper, professional job on them. Italy have been winning world cups like this forever.

Two sides to a game, we're pretty good at the one, let's give the new squad time to get the other side better.

But if he goes to the cinema, think about the poor usherette after!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:00 - Sep 18 with 3978 viewsswancity

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:23 - Sep 18 by Darran

Surely nobody's expecting us to set and play against Watford at home in the same way as Spurs away?

Idiots? The irony

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:03 - Sep 18 with 3965 viewsDarran

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:00 - Sep 18 by swancity

Idiots? The irony

Well it's true though. We went to Spurs with a game plan of not losing,now if we go out against Watford at home with the same game plan by all means moan.

Fuçking idiot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:08 - Sep 18 with 3946 viewsswancity

I accept every point gained at this level especially away from home against a top 6 club is a step in the right direction but I'm talking about entertainment value and attacking intent, flair and excitement. Spurs, according to most of the stats, had 26 goal attempts with 8 on target in that game alone. We had Nil on target and just 4 off target. I don't buy into the theory that you 'deserve' a draw. We didn't deserve it but we got it.

I'm aware that the plan was to frustrate them and we played for a. 0-0 from the start. Is that good? Possibly. Possibly not.

But at home to Newcastle we also looked predictable and pedestrian for other reasons. Let's we what Watford brings. I'm sure it'll be different...

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:08 - Sep 18 with 3943 viewsjack247

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 15:23 - Sep 18 by Darran

We won't. We are far more likely to play like we did against Newcastle.

In many ways, we were superb on Saturday. Teams around our level that try to play football against Tottenham are going to get gubbed more often than not. Bigger worry at the moment is breaking down teams who come here for a point. I don't think it will be such a big issue when Bony and Sanches are fully up to speed.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:09 - Sep 18 with 3943 viewsswancity

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:03 - Sep 18 by Darran

Well it's true though. We went to Spurs with a game plan of not losing,now if we go out against Watford at home with the same game plan by all means moan.

Fuçking idiot.

I know you're clueless but stop proving it to everyone mun. 😂

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:25 - Sep 18 with 3883 viewsmagicdaps10

Well for me, Watford is a big game AND one that will define how we want to push on with this season.

A terrible performance against Newcastle.

Followed with a terrific battling point gained at Spurs.

We now have to go out and play to win against Watford, another sub standard performance like Newcastle........trouble ahead me thinks. Go out and play with some thrust and penetration and get the three points.....confidence levels will be up all round the club.

Dont under rate confidence in the game of football.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:32 - Sep 18 with 3859 viewsjack247

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:25 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

Well for me, Watford is a big game AND one that will define how we want to push on with this season.

A terrible performance against Newcastle.

Followed with a terrific battling point gained at Spurs.

We now have to go out and play to win against Watford, another sub standard performance like Newcastle........trouble ahead me thinks. Go out and play with some thrust and penetration and get the three points.....confidence levels will be up all round the club.

Dont under rate confidence in the game of football.

I think we're always going to be safety first under Clement. I still expect us to play inventive attacking football when the team has settled, but it will be at the right times during the game and won't involve us flooding forward in numbers. I can't see him going down the Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup route.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:40 - Sep 18 with 3825 viewsmagicdaps10

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:32 - Sep 18 by jack247

I think we're always going to be safety first under Clement. I still expect us to play inventive attacking football when the team has settled, but it will be at the right times during the game and won't involve us flooding forward in numbers. I can't see him going down the Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup route.

Think its a case of keep it tight until half time and then push on second half......that was what he done at Derby and can see the same happening with us.

To be fair, i think he is working well with what he has and he knows that also i suspect.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:53 - Sep 18 with 3786 viewsmonmouth

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:40 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

Think its a case of keep it tight until half time and then push on second half......that was what he done at Derby and can see the same happening with us.

To be fair, i think he is working well with what he has and he knows that also i suspect.

That's also what he did last season at Liverpool, ManCity and ManUnd when we came out after half time and took a grip.

Much as I'd prefer a bit more adventure, 5 points from 5 games is a lot less dispiriting than 12 from 19 despite the absence of a frigging loony 5-4. I went off on one after the first ten mins at Spurs but I accept it was ill judged. I do hate us just giving the ball away and punting no hope balls forward. When we try and play, we look so much better. I'm hoping to see more of that. I thought we looked a lot more settled when Bony came on. Would like to see him with Abraham at some point.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:57 - Sep 18 with 3767 viewsbiggar

Eh??? Italy have scored 10 goals in their four world cup final wins. Italy were not "like this".
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 17:04 - Sep 18 with 3740 viewsjack247

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 16:53 - Sep 18 by monmouth

That's also what he did last season at Liverpool, ManCity and ManUnd when we came out after half time and took a grip.

Much as I'd prefer a bit more adventure, 5 points from 5 games is a lot less dispiriting than 12 from 19 despite the absence of a frigging loony 5-4. I went off on one after the first ten mins at Spurs but I accept it was ill judged. I do hate us just giving the ball away and punting no hope balls forward. When we try and play, we look so much better. I'm hoping to see more of that. I thought we looked a lot more settled when Bony came on. Would like to see him with Abraham at some point.

I'm sure Abraham and Bony would both like that too!

Tammy is wasted playing a role that doesn't really suit him at the moment. We will see a lot more from him when Bony is there to do the physical bits and free him up a bit to make runs and get shots away.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 17:07 - Sep 18 with 3729 viewspencoedjack

It's a bang on the money post in view of the football we have played this season thus far.

Anyway in 3 games we will be playing this fast exciting football you've been harping on about.

Derby fans reckon PC way of playing is very cautious so I have my doubts.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 17:11 - Sep 18 with 3709 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can I remind the OP and Vetchfielder that Swansea City FC is no longer in the local entertainment game , it is in the multi million pound Business game.
The Owners wouldn't really care if the fans didn't go to the Liberty to watch, other than the embarrassment factor, all the time the TV money is coming in they will put boring safety first and exciting dangerous play last.
What PC has to try and do is get the balance right to provide some entertaining football without sacrificing the safety aspect, unfortunately the tools he has been provided with are not exactly world class players, so it will take time.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 17:13 - Sep 18 with 3695 viewsPrivate_Partz

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 14:34 - Sep 18 by Vetchfielder

I certainly don't want to lose the Premier League status we dreamed of and work so hard to get. Certainly not by trying to play attractive football with a squad that is potentially not up to the task. I say 'potentially' as we could turn into a classy one touch outfit that can spring the trap down the middle and score goals without having to rely on wingers.
For me this could be a long shot though and if it means defensive safety first football in the short to medium term than I will accept it. During this period we can then use the time to rebuild a side that can play the Swansea Way.
And before the Res goes off on one, we may already have that side but at this moment in time I can't honestly nail my colours to the mast and say we have achieved it.....yet.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 17:16]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 17:17 - Sep 18 with 3678 viewspencoedjack

God we're boring to watch at the moment on 17:11 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Can I remind the OP and Vetchfielder that Swansea City FC is no longer in the local entertainment game , it is in the multi million pound Business game.
The Owners wouldn't really care if the fans didn't go to the Liberty to watch, other than the embarrassment factor, all the time the TV money is coming in they will put boring safety first and exciting dangerous play last.
What PC has to try and do is get the balance right to provide some entertaining football without sacrificing the safety aspect, unfortunately the tools he has been provided with are not exactly world class players, so it will take time.

Very sad but unfortunately true.
God we're boring to watch at the moment on 17:19 - Sep 18 with 3661 viewsLoyal

I think what the OP meant was the two away points we have got that we wouldn't have had last season have been boring.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024