Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony - Hit or Miss 14:30 - Sep 27 with 8925 viewsTaliesin

There seems to be a split in opinion about Wilfried's return. Will he get us the goals we crave? I'm afraid I don't think he will and I don't think Tammy will either and we'll be looking for a new striker in January to partner Ollie McBurnie

What's the least we can expect from Bony? I would have thought that any less than 1 goal in 3 = flop
Bony - Hit or Miss on 14:37 - Sep 27 with 4388 viewsJFSwan

Started 1 league game.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 14:41 - Sep 27 with 4373 viewsTaliesin

Bony - Hit or Miss on 14:37 - Sep 27 by JFSwan

Started 1 league game.

There would be little point in asking at the end of the season as time would have answered the question. I'm just wondering if people think he's up to the job. He used to be but now I'm not so sure.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 14:42 - Sep 27 with 4370 viewsDarran

Hit or miss?

He’s only started one fuçking game.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony - Hit or Miss on 14:44 - Sep 27 with 4368 viewsFlyingSwan77

Both will depend mostly on the service they receive. At the moment, that is almost nonexistent. The way Clement had us set-up 1st half Saturday doesn't give you much confidence that we'll actually have much of the ball. Clement needs to change this & come up, especially at home, with a style & formation that gets us on the front foot & some quality possession to set-up attacks.

The other alternative, is that we carry on as we are & both of them are trying to create their own chances feeding off scraps. We can all work out what the result will be.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 14:44 - Sep 27 with 4367 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bony - Hit or Miss on 14:41 - Sep 27 by Taliesin

There would be little point in asking at the end of the season as time would have answered the question. I'm just wondering if people think he's up to the job. He used to be but now I'm not so sure.

There’s even less point in asking after one league start.

Poll: Tory leader

Bony - Hit or Miss on 15:11 - Sep 27 with 4313 viewsacejack3065

It took him f**king ages to get going last time and we were playing decent build up football. Wilf was instrumental in the goal on Saturday, forcing Gomes into a tidy save which Tammy followed up.

You can't expect miracles from him, especially with the shower of sh*t that made up our midfield on Saturday.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 15:13 - Sep 27 with 4309 viewsMo_Wives

TBF, I think Mr Taliesin is asking for peoples predictions (like the prediction league), although, I may be wrong

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Bony - Hit or Miss on 15:27 - Sep 27 with 4270 viewsjack247

He is going to be useless if we don't play to his strengths.

If we use him as a focal point and get players around him and making runs off him, he will be great for us. So will Tammy if he is played with Wilf and they have support from midfield.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony - Hit or Miss on 15:45 - Sep 27 with 4238 viewstheloneranger

Bony - Hit or Miss on 15:27 - Sep 27 by jack247

He is going to be useless if we don't play to his strengths.

If we use him as a focal point and get players around him and making runs off him, he will be great for us. So will Tammy if he is played with Wilf and they have support from midfield.

The problem he might have this time is that we play with no wingers and a non creative midfield.

But with the right service he will score goals

He might need a little time to readjust to a new country. 🤔

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bony - Hit or Miss on 16:08 - Sep 27 with 4198 viewsjack247

Bony - Hit or Miss on 15:45 - Sep 27 by theloneranger

The problem he might have this time is that we play with no wingers and a non creative midfield.

But with the right service he will score goals

He might need a little time to readjust to a new country. 🤔

I think he could get away without wingers, as long as the midfielders are busting a gut to support him. At the moment we are nowhere near that.

I thought he actually played quite well in the second half Saturday, albeit clearly rusty. He will be fine if we play like that. If we play like we did in the first half, we'd have almost been better keeping Llorente, hoping he could get his head on the occasional set piece and losing him in the summer.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 16:13 - Sep 27 with 4186 viewsMrSwerve

Bony - Hit or Miss on 15:11 - Sep 27 by acejack3065

It took him f**king ages to get going last time and we were playing decent build up football. Wilf was instrumental in the goal on Saturday, forcing Gomes into a tidy save which Tammy followed up.

You can't expect miracles from him, especially with the shower of sh*t that made up our midfield on Saturday.

Why oh why do people keep repeating this...

He scored 2 goals on his debut for the Swans (in the Europa League), and a goal on his Premier League debut.

Yep, ages.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bony - Hit or Miss on 16:17 - Sep 27 with 4176 viewsJethroJack

The OP doesn't fancy Wilf or Tammy, but appears to prefer Ollie + AN Other
Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:20 - Sep 27 with 3993 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 16:13 - Sep 27 by MrSwerve

Why oh why do people keep repeating this...

He scored 2 goals on his debut for the Swans (in the Europa League), and a goal on his Premier League debut.

Yep, ages.

Well it was at least 20 minutes..............
I'm one of those who didn't want him back. We've virtually swapped him for Llorente. A complete downgrade and no profit to show for it. Amazing imagination shown by our transfer committee. Hang on, is sgoriofruit on it????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:24 - Sep 27 with 3987 viewsjack2jack

It is my opinion that Tammy and Wilf will come good.
If they get 20 between them or more,they will have covered what we've lost in Siggy and FL.Karma restored,it's the importance of the goals that counts the most.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 19:30]
Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:27 - Sep 27 with 3976 viewsbuilthjack

He will be a huge hit after we sign those 2 wingers at 10.59pm on January 31st

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:30 - Sep 27 with 3960 viewstheloneranger

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:27 - Sep 27 by builthjack

He will be a huge hit after we sign those 2 wingers at 10.59pm on January 31st

Only if the paperwork is in on time!! 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:32 - Sep 27 with 3953 viewsYossarian

Ronald and Messi can't score without the ball. The probl m is with our dire midfield that needed a creative player three seasons ago. These cost proper money- and I'll leave it there.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:38 - Sep 27 with 3945 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you look back through his appearances for us and the U23s this season you can see that he is getting closer and closer to scoring in the Prem and scored 2 in the u23s.
In the game on Saturday we actually had 10 shots at goal, so we created 10 chances, with a bit more playing together Bony, Tammy and Ayew should be able to make more chances and also take more of the chances made.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:47 - Sep 27 with 3919 viewsGaryjack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:38 - Sep 27 by A_Fans_Dad

If you look back through his appearances for us and the U23s this season you can see that he is getting closer and closer to scoring in the Prem and scored 2 in the u23s.
In the game on Saturday we actually had 10 shots at goal, so we created 10 chances, with a bit more playing together Bony, Tammy and Ayew should be able to make more chances and also take more of the chances made.

Well i sincerely hope so, as it seems to have gone unnoticed that Bony in fact missed three gilt edged chances on Saturday. One which was an absolute sitter.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:48 - Sep 27 with 3912 viewsTheKirkyLife

For the ridiculously small amount of time he's played I think there's nothing you can really complain about.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:49 - Sep 27 with 3902 viewsjack247

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:20 - Sep 27 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm one of those who didn't want him back. We've virtually swapped him for Llorente. A complete downgrade and no profit to show for it. Amazing imagination shown by our transfer committee. Hang on, is sgoriofruit on it????

Llorente was walking at the end of the season. The 'profit' is in the £15m or so we don't have to spend to replace him in the summer.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:50 - Sep 27 with 3899 viewsGaryjack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:48 - Sep 27 by TheKirkyLife

For the ridiculously small amount of time he's played I think there's nothing you can really complain about.

Totally agree, he's had so little game time since he left we have to give him time to learn how to play football again.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 21:42 - Sep 27 with 3727 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:47 - Sep 27 by Garyjack

Well i sincerely hope so, as it seems to have gone unnoticed that Bony in fact missed three gilt edged chances on Saturday. One which was an absolute sitter.

No it didn't go unnoticed, it is exactly what I was talking about, he is getting the chances, ie someone is supplying them and he is making himself avaliable. There should come a time when he gets the timing, or the power or the direction right to actually bury it in the net.
The Goalkeeper made a good save to prevent him scoring on Saturday which Tammy pounced on and scored from. They are starting to combine similar to Gomis and Ayew in the start of their first season.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:00 - Sep 27 with 3702 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 19:20 - Sep 27 by Brynmill_Jack

The profit is the value of the player.

Llorente could speak to other clubs and agree a free transfer at Xmas time. Regardless of what peoples opinions on Bony are, Llorente clearly had to go.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:12 - Sep 27 with 3676 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:00 - Sep 27 by E20Jack

The profit is the value of the player.

Llorente could speak to other clubs and agree a free transfer at Xmas time. Regardless of what peoples opinions on Bony are, Llorente clearly had to go.

That's fair enough. But I suppose what I'm driving at is that Bony isn't going to fill the gap Llorente is leaving. Why not try and buy someone else instead of trying to turn the clock back and hoping Bony can perform like he did here two years ago? It's such a retrograde step and one lacking in any imagination or innovation on the transfer front.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024