Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanches 09:14 - Oct 23 with 8741 viewsSTID2017

I know he's struggled so far and he has a lot of critics on here and at the games, however it was interesting that people picked up on the fact that he was flinging his arms up in the air in frustration on Saturday.
This to me at least shows he cares. I'd rather see that than some players who just seem to stroll around the park seemingly without a care in the world while we slip further down towards the wrong end of the table.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sanches on 09:16 - Oct 23 with 2932 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Um, he was strolling around the park without a care. Then from time to time he inexplicably threw his arms in the air. Most odd

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sanches on 09:19 - Oct 23 with 2917 viewsdcd14

At the moment he looks lost.

Constantly making the wrong decisions.
Sanches on 09:30 - Oct 23 with 2888 viewsheadcleaner

I think people are being overly harsh on the lad. He showed himself available at every opportunity he wanted the ball and his first instinct was to go forward unlike every single other player in our midfield. A lot of the time he had the ball and there was absolutely nothing in front of him as an option - totally static teammates or players like Narsingh who hides at angles so as not to receive a pass unless its a wall pass straight back to the fullback.

I guess if the lad passed backwards and spent 60 minutes hiding people would say he's fitted right in. Sure he struggles but so would Messi in our midfield and formation. It was noticeable that he and Tammy were both showing signs that they wanted urgency and an upturn in tempo.

Give me a player trying to make something happen than a lethargic player just going through the motions any day of the week. Good God we've seen some real $hite teams over the years give their all for the badge that I can accept but a team on top dollar going through the motions is something I cant stomach. I'd have RS as one of those trying at the very least.
Sanches on 09:41 - Oct 23 with 2857 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sanches on 09:30 - Oct 23 by headcleaner

I think people are being overly harsh on the lad. He showed himself available at every opportunity he wanted the ball and his first instinct was to go forward unlike every single other player in our midfield. A lot of the time he had the ball and there was absolutely nothing in front of him as an option - totally static teammates or players like Narsingh who hides at angles so as not to receive a pass unless its a wall pass straight back to the fullback.

I guess if the lad passed backwards and spent 60 minutes hiding people would say he's fitted right in. Sure he struggles but so would Messi in our midfield and formation. It was noticeable that he and Tammy were both showing signs that they wanted urgency and an upturn in tempo.

Give me a player trying to make something happen than a lethargic player just going through the motions any day of the week. Good God we've seen some real $hite teams over the years give their all for the badge that I can accept but a team on top dollar going through the motions is something I cant stomach. I'd have RS as one of those trying at the very least.

I know where your coming from but he had a lethargic demeanor. Either that or the demeanor of a small kid on a football pitch complaining that the older boys won't give him the ball. He needs to try to impose himself on games more.
The number of touches between him, Narsingh and Naughton when a cross or direct ball needed to be played boggled the mind at times. He perhaps needs to be more direct, in fact I think he'd be far better off running at opposition players with the ball rather than shyly looking for a safe pass. As a footballer he owes it to himself to trust his instincts and his undoubted natural ability. If he doesn't he won't make it anywhere.

Sanches on 09:58 - Oct 23 with 2801 viewsPegojack

Sanches on 09:41 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I know where your coming from but he had a lethargic demeanor. Either that or the demeanor of a small kid on a football pitch complaining that the older boys won't give him the ball. He needs to try to impose himself on games more.
The number of touches between him, Narsingh and Naughton when a cross or direct ball needed to be played boggled the mind at times. He perhaps needs to be more direct, in fact I think he'd be far better off running at opposition players with the ball rather than shyly looking for a safe pass. As a footballer he owes it to himself to trust his instincts and his undoubted natural ability. If he doesn't he won't make it anywhere.

I agree, Brynnie. I was watching him a lot on Saturday, on and off the ball. It was another performance where he marginally improved on the last time, but the improvement is not happening quick enough for me. Yes, he was tidy, he kept possession and passed well, and it's certainly true that a lot of the time he had few options in terms of team mates wanting the ball, but for me he's not taking enough risks.

Like you, I think he has the ability to run at people in the final third and make things happen, but he's not doing it, he's just looking to move the ball on. Maybe on orders, I don't know. On Saturday, he looked like a slight upgrade on his teammates in terms of ability on the ball, but I want more than a slight upgrade, given his reputation, I want DAZZLING, I want EXCITING, I want the WOW FACTOR. Am I being unfair and unrealistic? Maybe.
Sanches on 09:59 - Oct 23 with 2797 viewsoldcob

I don't think he's that bad a player. It's just that all the build up he had made us all expect something outstanding. I said before we signed him his recent record showed no goals and no assists for I think it was 40 odd games. I was lambasted on here and was told goals and assists were not important for his type of player.
Sanches on 10:07 - Oct 23 with 2767 viewsDewi1jack

There's some making allowances for Bony as he hadn't played for nearly 2 years.
Yet no allowances are made for this kid whose moved countries a few times already in his career and has hardly played for the last year or so, since moving from Benfica.
Bayern see something in the lad, otherwise they wouldn't have shelled out the money they did.
Not giving to overspending on players are the german teams very often
How about giving him a little time as well?

Plus and let's be honest here, we're pretty sh1te at getting passes away quickly at the mo.
Also, pretty sh1te at getting forward and quite often pretty sh1te defending as well.
Some would leave it as just sh1te, but we've been worse.
Far, far worse, playing in leagues and against teams that are just sh1te

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sanches on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 2749 viewsWarwickHunt

He's used to playing at a quicker pace with players giving him options.Tammy is one of the very few players on his wavelength.

He'd benefit from quick ball and movement around and in front of him - he sure as fûck isn't getting much of either at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Sanches on 10:18 - Oct 23 with 2717 viewslifelong

Sanches on 10:11 - Oct 23 by WarwickHunt

He's used to playing at a quicker pace with players giving him options.Tammy is one of the very few players on his wavelength.

He'd benefit from quick ball and movement around and in front of him - he sure as fûck isn't getting much of either at the moment.

I agree with this, he was frustrated because he had no outlets available, the boy is a very good footballer.
Sanches on 10:27 - Oct 23 with 2689 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Good post.

The number of people who blame the ball carrier when no one is looking for space to give him an option is staggering.

I think in frustration he's coming too deep and trying to do Carroll's job as well as his own. We need to get him further up the pitch and he needs to find spaces between the lines and then run at the defence whilst Tammy, Ayew and Narsingh distract them. Ozaki did that very well for Leicester on Saturday.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sanches on 10:31 - Oct 23 with 2675 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sanches on 10:27 - Oct 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Good post.

The number of people who blame the ball carrier when no one is looking for space to give him an option is staggering.

I think in frustration he's coming too deep and trying to do Carroll's job as well as his own. We need to get him further up the pitch and he needs to find spaces between the lines and then run at the defence whilst Tammy, Ayew and Narsingh distract them. Ozaki did that very well for Leicester on Saturday.

Carroll has had more than a fair crack of the whip. Excessively so . I wonder if Mesa can enable Sanches to show his true ability? For to be worth a try tomorrow night shirley?

Sanches on 10:38 - Oct 23 with 2655 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sanches on 10:27 - Oct 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Good post.

I watched the last Portugal U23s game and Sanches looked just like his Youtube cuts.
He was quick, attacking and creative, but his team mates new what to expect and played off him.
But that kind of player is often wasteful because they try things, but his other problem is he still hasn't got the judgement of the opposition's speed in the Prem yet or how slow his team mates can be in actual games compared to training.
Sanches on 10:45 - Oct 23 with 2637 viewsDewi1jack

Sanches on 10:31 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Carroll has had more than a fair crack of the whip. Excessively so . I wonder if Mesa can enable Sanches to show his true ability? For to be worth a try tomorrow night shirley?

Whatever Clement's problem is with Mesa it needs to be sorted out ASAP.
If Mesa's attitude is the problem, then someone at the club needs to ensure it's sorted
Every time Mesa has played he's looked a major improvement on what we have.

IMHO, I really think Sanches, Mesa, Fer and Tammy could all get on the same wavelength as an attacking force.

Narsingh needs coaching so he understands when a player is booked, you fuggin run at him as much as possible- make the b'stard tackle so he'll get a red.
In fact quite a lot of players we have look like they need coaching as they seem unable to think about or see any options. Like robots at times aye.
And that is always going to create problems for a ball carrier.

How many people slagged off Hernandez/ Routs/ JDG for trying passes that other players weren't quick enough in the head to realise were going to happen?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sanches on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 2624 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sanches on 10:45 - Oct 23 by Dewi1jack

If Mesa's attitude is the problem, then someone at the club needs to ensure it's sorted

IMHO, I really think Sanches, Mesa, Fer and Tammy could all get on the same wavelength as an attacking force.

Narsingh needs coaching so he understands when a player is booked, you fuggin run at him as much as possible- make the b'stard tackle so he'll get a red.
In fact quite a lot of players we have look like they need coaching as they seem unable to think about or see any options. Like robots at times aye.

How many people slagged off Hernandez/ Routs/ JDG for trying passes that other players weren't quick enough in the head to realise were going to happen?

The last paragraph is bang on. And the rest too.

Sanches on 10:48 - Oct 23 with 2620 viewsSmellyplumz

I don't think this loan move will work out at all.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Sanches on 10:49 - Oct 23 with 2612 viewsHighjack

The kids got no chance with no options in front of him to pass to. The lack of movement from the whole team is shocking. So many times he did a nice turn and burst away from his marker only to look up to find everyone standing still and tightly marked.

Remember the days we used to make little triangles all over the place? It was almost like Pythagoras was on the coaching team. I can't remember the last time we did that in any match. We're lucky to see a rhombus. Sanches would thrive in that sort of system, in a team full of footballers. But our current squad doesn't appear to have the speed of thought or work rate to play like that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sanches on 12:05 - Oct 23 with 2497 viewstowns

he was waving his hands at messa saying Tuesday you can deal with this shite.
just cant see him getting any better. seems to run around in circles digging his heals.
Sanches on 12:10 - Oct 23 with 2470 viewsperplex

Sanchez reminds me of someone who has a great throw yet has no one to throw it to.
Sanches on 12:18 - Oct 23 with 2440 viewsWingstandwood

Sanches on 09:58 - Oct 23 by Pegojack

I agree, Brynnie. I was watching him a lot on Saturday, on and off the ball. It was another performance where he marginally improved on the last time, but the improvement is not happening quick enough for me. Yes, he was tidy, he kept possession and passed well, and it's certainly true that a lot of the time he had few options in terms of team mates wanting the ball, but for me he's not taking enough risks.

Like you, I think he has the ability to run at people in the final third and make things happen, but he's not doing it, he's just looking to move the ball on. Maybe on orders, I don't know. On Saturday, he looked like a slight upgrade on his teammates in terms of ability on the ball, but I want more than a slight upgrade, given his reputation, I want DAZZLING, I want EXCITING, I want the WOW FACTOR. Am I being unfair and unrealistic? Maybe.

You're not being unfair or unrealistic, you're talking common sense..... We're talking about a modern day sterotypical over-pampered PL player who gets VIP status/5 Star: training-medical- luxury travel and luxury hotel accomodation and earns £40,000 + a week. The supporters deserve more!

Argus!

Sanches on 12:25 - Oct 23 with 2412 viewsnantywatcher

Sanches on 10:45 - Oct 23 by Dewi1jack

"Every time Mesa has played he's looked a major improvement on what we have."
You cannot possibly be serious!
He has looked beyond ordinary up to now. There is so much positivity for him on this site I truly hope he comes good and achieves people's expectations.
"IMHO, I really think Sanches, Mesa, Fer and Tammy could all get on the same wavelength as an attacking force." I agree 100%
"Narsingh needs coaching." There's not a coach in the world who can make a Prem league player out of him
Sanches on 12:37 - Oct 23 with 2362 viewsmarchamjack

I know some on here love a good stat...last season in the Bundesliga he led the table in most misplaced passes. I'm not sure he's doing much to dispel yet why Bayern shipped him out to us. He's clearly got something in fairness, but he's looking a shadow of the player we saw v Wales in the Euros semi.

Now on the other hand...Narsingh...hes got nothing, literally nothing. As stretched as we are, I'd bomb him out the squad as there's nothing at all that can be done to make him resemble anywhere near a PL level player.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Sanches on 13:13 - Oct 23 with 2258 viewsFlashberryjack

Sanches on 10:18 - Oct 23 by lifelong

I agree with this, he was frustrated because he had no outlets available, the boy is a very good footballer.

Agree with a lot that has already been said about Sanches, he certainly has ability and it must be hard for him to settle into a pretty ordinary team, playing a different style of football in a different country, so fair enough cut the guy some slack. But how much time and slack can we afford to give him when it's only goal difference that's keeping us out of the relegation zone.

Incidentally, the only times I can recall him raise his arms in frustration, was when a Leicester player picked his pocket and he lost possession.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sanches on 13:25 - Oct 23 with 2212 viewsSgorioFruit

Sanches gives the ball away at every opportunity

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Sanches on 13:28 - Oct 23 with 2193 viewsDewi1jack

Sanches on 12:25 - Oct 23 by nantywatcher

"Every time Mesa has played he's looked a major improvement on what we have."
You cannot possibly be serious!
He has looked beyond ordinary up to now. There is so much positivity for him on this site I truly hope he comes good and achieves people's expectations.
"IMHO, I really think Sanches, Mesa, Fer and Tammy could all get on the same wavelength as an attacking force." I agree 100%
"Narsingh needs coaching." There's not a coach in the world who can make a Prem league player out of him

Got to be optimistic about watching us and some of the so called players our intrepid DoF has managed to buy since he took over from TuTu

I am hoping for our sakes you're wrong though.
Dyer, Routs are both too long in the tooth- not their fault. Time takes it's toll on everyone.
The more injuries they get, the longer it's going to take to heal (see also Leon + Angel)

We need wingers to attack the opposition defence and he's one of our only hopes thanks to some excellent player acquisitions over the last 5 or 6 transfer windows.
Most of which I'm guessing would have been approved by the board, even in general (fees, expenditure etc) before the contract was issued as players are the football clubs greatest asset.
A board we have a SD on. Not that we'd know with the zero amount of communication we get

So who the flying fuk thought N'Gog was any sort of idea?

Sanches on 13:42 - Oct 23 with 2143 viewsAngelRangelQS

Oh well he's injured again now anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024