Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches 10:29 - Nov 27 with 7577 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 10:34 - Nov 27 with 5186 views34dfgdf54

I wouldn't go as far as never seeing them again, but definitely in the team on reputation for me.

Going to Munich when he did has hurt him. Wasn't ready.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 11:01 - Nov 27 with 5122 viewsnantywatcher

He will be a top player in time. He needs sit down with the match videos and go through one by one all the unforced errors he makes. How can you pass a ball into touch when your team mate is stood 5 metres away? Why do you take it forgranted that because you've got your body between you and the opponent it means he cannot get the ball? Keep it simple, don't think too far ahead. If we were in the comfortable mid table position that we SHOULD be in I would not hesitate to keep playing him. One day it will all click into place and that day will make exciting viewing.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 11:11 - Nov 27 with 5085 viewsmax936

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 10:34 - Nov 27 by 34dfgdf54

I wouldn't go as far as never seeing them again, but definitely in the team on reputation for me.

Going to Munich when he did has hurt him. Wasn't ready.

I noticed on Saturday that when he made a mistake or two his head would drop and he'd throw his hands up, that's a time when a senior/experienced player should put his arm over his shoulder and reassure him, trouble is we don't really have any leaders in the side, so he's got to sort it himself, he's trying in fairness, but he does lack a bit of confidence, Savage and Sherwood can fukoff anyway the lads 20 ffs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:44 - Nov 27 with 4699 viewslabrax

Clearly Renato Sanches is a decent footballer. No doubt, he has huge potential to be a good player. However, he has not had the best of starts with SCFC.

Is SCFC the right club for him, and given where he is in his development, and where we are in terms of our league position etc,?

Is PC the right type of coach and personality to develop this young player?

In my opinion, PC started him too soon i.e starting him against Newcastle. He' needs time to adapt. I think he should be on the bench and act more like an impact player.

Codfish

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:48 - Nov 27 with 4677 viewsPozuelosSideys

Personally i think hes massively overrated
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 18:48]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:50 - Nov 27 with 4663 viewsDarran

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:48 - Nov 27 by PozuelosSideys

I concur he looks less than average.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:52 - Nov 27 with 4658 viewslabrax

He's still a very young player, who is in development.

To be fair I knew nothing about him until all the media hype.

Are we expecting too much from the lad?

Codfish

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:54 - Nov 27 with 4642 viewslabrax

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:50 - Nov 27 by Darran

I concur he looks less than average.

I think he's at the wrong club to be honest

Codfish

Login to get fewer ads

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:58 - Nov 27 with 4623 viewsPozuelosSideys

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:52 - Nov 27 by labrax

He's still a very young player, who is in development.

To be fair I knew nothing about him until all the media hype.

Are we expecting too much from the lad?

Hes only ever looked decent at International level. Thats not saying much.

Maybe suffering from "young English superstar" syndrome with too much, too soon. He needs to sort is head out though, hope hes getting some help with that as its holding him back imo.

He has the skillset, the mental side perhaps not?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 19:12 - Nov 27 with 4591 viewsE20Jack

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:58 - Nov 27 by PozuelosSideys

Hes only ever looked decent at International level. Thats not saying much.

Maybe suffering from "young English superstar" syndrome with too much, too soon. He needs to sort is head out though, hope hes getting some help with that as its holding him back imo.

He has the skillset, the mental side perhaps not?

And at Benfica. He helped them win the league title. So he has only really not looked very good since his Bayern move which seems to have stunted his development big time. Suffering massively with a lack of confidence.

Its what happened to Stuart Roberts just obviously on a much smaller scale. I spoke to him a few years ago and he maintains that his move to Wycombe and Lawrie Sanchez (coincidence) ruined his confidence for the rest of his career, never got it back.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 19:19 - Nov 27 with 4566 viewsPozuelosSideys

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 19:12 - Nov 27 by E20Jack

And at Benfica. He helped them win the league title. So he has only really not looked very good since his Bayern move which seems to have stunted his development big time. Suffering massively with a lack of confidence.

Its what happened to Stuart Roberts just obviously on a much smaller scale. I spoke to him a few years ago and he maintains that his move to Wycombe and Lawrie Sanchez (coincidence) ruined his confidence for the rest of his career, never got it back.

Good comparison. I think its exactly the same thing as what happened with Roberts.

PC doesnt strike me as somebody who will be able to develop him either. Perhaps somebody like Laudrup would have. It doesnt help PC has pretty much zero attacking knowledge either. Sanches is too deep as well. He needs to play in the 10 role

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 19:52 - Nov 27 with 4467 viewsFlashberryjack

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:54 - Nov 27 by labrax

I think he's at the wrong club to be honest

Possibly not at the wrong club, but probably at the club at the wrong time.

I'm certainly no fitness expert, but Sanches looked to be carrying a bit of timber for youngster, and after 20 minutes he was sucking air out of his ar*e.

But to be fair, he did get a second wind and played much better in the second half (maybe that coincided with the rest of the team upping their game)
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 20:33]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:08 - Nov 27 with 4421 viewsOldjack

He's a youngster ,he has the ability to glide past people , but some of his passing and shooting is conference level stuff ,Clem must see this and needs his utmost attention on it .There's a brilliant player in there somewhere

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:32 - Nov 27 with 4370 viewsjasper_T

People spend a lot of time making excuses for him but he's a bad footballer and shouldn't be playing.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:57 - Nov 27 with 4312 viewsE20Jack

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:32 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

People spend a lot of time making excuses for him but he's a bad footballer and shouldn't be playing.

Bad footballers don't star in winning the Portuguese Superliga, the European Championships and the Golden Boy award before turning 20 years old.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 21:12 - Nov 27 with 4283 viewslabrax

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 19:52 - Nov 27 by Flashberryjack

Possibly not at the wrong club, but probably at the club at the wrong time.

I'm certainly no fitness expert, but Sanches looked to be carrying a bit of timber for youngster, and after 20 minutes he was sucking air out of his ar*e.

But to be fair, he did get a second wind and played much better in the second half (maybe that coincided with the rest of the team upping their game)
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 20:33]

Yes good point on the timing.

Does the fact that he is on loan have a baring on his development and what's required of SCFC in this process?

Codfish

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 21:15 - Nov 27 with 4263 viewswhoflungdung

He s a luxury we don't need in our current state

Exactly the wrong sort of player

We are hoping he can come good as opposed to expecting it

He cannot start tomorrow

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 21:17 - Nov 27 with 4253 viewsOldjack

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 21:15 - Nov 27 by whoflungdung

He s a luxury we don't need in our current state

Exactly the wrong sort of player

We are hoping he can come good as opposed to expecting it

He cannot start tomorrow

have no fear he won't start tomorrow ,you can put your house on it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 21:17 - Nov 27 with 4248 viewsLeonWasGod

Whether he is or isn't a good player is a bit of a moot point. Given the mess we're in we don't have the luxury of waiting to find out. I'd start Fer rather than him at the moment. If he can come on from the bench and start to influence games then we should think about starting him from the off.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 22:08 - Nov 27 with 4165 viewsbarry_island

Reminds me of a young Glenn Hoddle, or is it a young Matthew Grimes? Difficult one.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 23:49 - Nov 27 with 3998 viewsLoyal

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 22:08 - Nov 27 by barry_island

Reminds me of a young Glenn Hoddle, or is it a young Matthew Grimes? Difficult one.

A half decent Lee Jenkins.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 00:51 - Nov 28 with 3925 viewsTheResurrection

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 11:01 - Nov 27 by nantywatcher

He will be a top player in time. He needs sit down with the match videos and go through one by one all the unforced errors he makes. How can you pass a ball into touch when your team mate is stood 5 metres away? Why do you take it forgranted that because you've got your body between you and the opponent it means he cannot get the ball? Keep it simple, don't think too far ahead. If we were in the comfortable mid table position that we SHOULD be in I would not hesitate to keep playing him. One day it will all click into place and that day will make exciting viewing.

So, so true. You do get the feeling he is catching on a bit but it's been a slow bloody process and he's still making these stupid, unforced errors.

Clement, for me, has to be doing more with him, and if he is and and he's not listening, then he's got to deal with it on the pitch. Mistakes anyone can accept, but for example the insistence on taking free kicks or the bloody shooting from 40 yards, that's a straight off for me, and no, I'm not against anyone taking a shot when it's on, but he just doesn't look to have the technique for long shooting and they're all going all over the shop, so stop it immediately and play your way into every single game.

Football doesn't owe this boy any favours but he comes across like it does.

Having said that I do see the merit in sticking with him. I think it was 65 on the clock last week and he took a ball from a throw just inside our half on the East, he had two players around him and he let the ball come to him, backed into the one using his strength and swept the ball around to his left and we broke free into space in their half. Not many have that in their locker but he's not going to get better at the good stuff he can do until he learns to do the simple things right first.... When you're having a good game, when you've played your way into it and those little things are all coming off, you'll find yourself growing in confidence and the cheeky stuff will come naturally.

He's got to learn this or be hooked off for not listening. One or the other.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 0:59]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 02:17 - Nov 28 with 3866 viewsjasper_T

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:57 - Nov 27 by E20Jack

Bad footballers don't star in winning the Portuguese Superliga, the European Championships and the Golden Boy award before turning 20 years old.

What has he done lately?
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 08:11 - Nov 28 with 3736 viewspencoedjack

I also agree
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 08:14 - Nov 28 with 3736 viewsJFSwan

Has excellent skill and body movements but the boy has no football brain (yet) and cannot pass.
Even his 5 yard passes are lazy and scuffed which puts the receiver under pressure.

I have faith in him at the tip do the diamond as mistakes are not as punishable that far up the pitch and can do something unexpected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024