Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins versus the Americans 11:21 - Dec 28 with 8482 viewsTheResurrection

Keep this very much in mind...

The inexperienced Americans have messed up on at least 3 big calls to date

1 - Appointing Bradley
2 - Taking forever with the Siggy transfer thus messing our window completely up
3 - Taking forever with the Clement sacking

Jenkins wanted no part of Bob Bradley
Jenkins wanted Siggy gone weeks and weeks earlier
Jenkins wanted Clement gone, again, weeks ago.

The plan to get shot of Jenkins is useless, UNLESS there is a succession plan.

Because if we are left with the incompetent Americans making the sort of decisions above, then we really are facked.

Phil S and Matt G know all of the above so what is the game here?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:30 - Dec 28 with 1587 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:24 - Dec 28 by Private_Partz

Personally I would rather pay £1m pa to someone who had a Scooby about football and running a club.
If Jenkins went do we think the Yanks would rush to appoint their man? This after misjudging Jenkins and Mr Blobby so badly?
They might do just that. They also may realise that theur 'investment' is going Westward at a speed of knots. This in turn could actually force them into listening to people who actually have productive ideas of how to run a club and draw up a suitable list of potential DOFs.

So pay twice as much for no guarantees? Jesus....

OK think about this scenario, how much could Jenkins command from another club? I mean his CV would stand up to most scrutiny.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:36 - Dec 28 with 1554 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:12 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

£550k a year is peanuts compared to what time served Director's of Football would command.

Think about it.

Yeah, but then time served DOF's don't throw away 40 to 50 times that figure on wages and transfer fees on duff f*cking players or have to pay 4 managers compensation packages in two years either. Are you deliberately ignoring that fact or too blinkered to see it?

Can you see there's absolutely no logic in that state of affairs?

You talk about what's past is past but he's making financial decisions on an almost daily basis that could send us bust after a relegation and the emergency parachute money taking bail out from our American friends .

He will go down in history - the man whose ego and naked greed destroyed Swansea City Football Club.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:37 - Dec 28 with 1543 viewsBloodyhills

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:30 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

OK think about this scenario, how much could Jenkins command from another club? I mean his CV would stand up to most scrutiny.

I think they'd look at what's happening here and wouldn't give him a job.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:40 - Dec 28 with 1531 viewsQJumpingJack

An interesting debate, but how do we know:

who is the source/leak?
Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:46 - Dec 28 with 1505 viewsBillyChong

“Jenkins wanted no part of Bob Bradley
Jenkins wanted Clement gone, again, weeks ago.”

What is the source of these statements?
Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:49 - Dec 28 with 1494 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:40 - Dec 28 by QJumpingJack

who is the source/leak?

www.twitter.com/swanseacityx ...probably!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:49 - Dec 28 with 1489 viewsDarran

who is the source/leak?

Jenkins.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:50 - Dec 28 with 1489 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:28 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

Oh bloody hell mate, he is being listened to but only when it's too late.

He's in effect been a troubleshooter the last two years.

Well he’s not been a very good troubleshooter then. Something to add to all the other aspects of his job that he has not been very good at.

If we were successful in the pitch then the people who are pi$$ed off with him and the rest of the sellouts would be a noisy minority.

However we are not successful on the pitch and a mess off it. Therefore he is going to get it and as more and more people are smelling the coffee unless there is another great escape he is going to get it more and more. Add in the way the share sale was conducted and everything else and he is toxic.

Hiding from the media merely emphasises that he doesn’t want to face a proper questioning.
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:52 - Dec 28 with 1478 viewsPrivate_Partz

There are no guarantees in football. As in all businesses you do your best to appoint who you think can do a job. If it takes £1m to improve on Jenkins then sobeit. Personally I think we could get much better for less. Similarly with Pearlman on his £750k.
One thing you can guarantee though is this club is going to spiral downwards with Jenkins in post. A spiral that started long before the Yanks arrived.

Edit. Missed the last point. Jenkins only became a self appointed DOF after the sacking of ML. That CV would not stand up to any degree of scrutiny.
I take your point though. Perhaps the Yanks should shove him on the transfer list. We may get a few bob from some poor unsuspecting club. ;-)
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 18:07]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:53 - Dec 28 with 1476 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:36 - Dec 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah, but then time served DOF's don't throw away 40 to 50 times that figure on wages and transfer fees on duff f*cking players or have to pay 4 managers compensation packages in two years either. Are you deliberately ignoring that fact or too blinkered to see it?

Can you see there's absolutely no logic in that state of affairs?

You talk about what's past is past but he's making financial decisions on an almost daily basis that could send us bust after a relegation and the emergency parachute money taking bail out from our American friends .

He will go down in history - the man whose ego and naked greed destroyed Swansea City Football Club.

He's not and read the facking thread mun. I can't be bothered to repeat myself for the too lazy to read.

And spunking money away? Anyone know what the cost differential between players brought in and sold is?

Also, do you know how compensation packages work? You normally keep paying them til they find new employment, so it's not as bad as many think.

And duff players that seem to thrive elsewhere? Think again mate.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:55 - Dec 28 with 1458 viewslonglostjack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:30 - Dec 28 by londonlisa2001

He gets more than his equivalent at Southampton, Leicester, Newcastle, Palace, Watford, Bournemouth, Everton. Less than the big clubs obviously, not far off what Karen Brady gets at West Ham.

Helpfully they all have to publish it.

Pearlman is on even more. The mind boggles.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:59 - Dec 28 with 1445 viewscostalotta

It might stand up if you (the res) scrutinise it but his performance over the last 4 years has been pretty much appalling. That is a fact!

What gaurentees doe HJ provide? I mean positive ones that is?

He's a disgrace and thankfully these new groups know that, as do most of the more vocal supporters.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:59 - Dec 28 with 1445 viewsQJumpingJack

One has to assume that Pearlman and Jenkins' salary will drop if/when we move into The Championship?
Jenkins versus the Americans on 18:01 - Dec 28 with 1429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:53 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

He's not and read the facking thread mun. I can't be bothered to repeat myself for the too lazy to read.

And spunking money away? Anyone know what the cost differential between players brought in and sold is?

Also, do you know how compensation packages work? You normally keep paying them til they find new employment, so it's not as bad as many think.

And duff players that seem to thrive elsewhere? Think again mate.

I have no intention of reading the whole thread. I just saw your assertion that we should be grateful that we get Jenkins oh so reasonably and shouted bollocks and explained the sheer lunacy of that point of view.

"Buy cheap, buy twice" is a good saying. "Pay peanuts get monkeys" is another.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins versus the Americans on 18:03 - Dec 28 with 1421 viewsjacksfullaces

jenkins and the sell outs for both business and emotional reasons need to be as far away from our club as humanly possible. he can do no more for us now, he has moved so far away from his successful blueprint and has had in my opinion a series of lucky escapes. as in any job your recent record needs to be help up to account. his continual statement at the end of the last 2 seasons that he wants to return to our footballing/business principles and then failing to do either is enough to merit his removal on performance alone. (I include the great escapes within that as that wasn't what was being allegedly planned for)

this does not ignore the valid points about what we are left with thereafter, and we then move both barrels on to them. the reality is we need to be thinking about long term rebuilding now, not short term scrapping around, and with that in mind, jenkins goes first, and then the legal eagles enter the stage to see exactly what these americans are made of.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 19:31 - Dec 28 with 1315 viewsgiantstoneater

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:43 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

I am not arguing that point....

FFS, everyone needs to put their blind hatred aside for a minute and think about what Ive ACTUALLY written

You can raise as many points as you want but you have ignored the big white elephant in the room that HJ and his friends sold up to the Americans and put them in charge. I have said previously that if you got rid of HJ would you trust The New Board to bring in the right man - no but it was the incompetence of HJ in the first place that brought them to our door. You won't have many sticking up for HJ on this board and most want him to pay for what he has done.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 20:26 - Dec 28 with 1266 viewsicecoldjack

who is the source/leak?

Planet resurrection mun !!
Jenkins versus the Americans on 20:34 - Dec 28 with 1243 viewsicecoldjack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:50 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

Well he’s not been a very good troubleshooter then. Something to add to all the other aspects of his job that he has not been very good at.

If we were successful in the pitch then the people who are pi$$ed off with him and the rest of the sellouts would be a noisy minority.

However we are not successful on the pitch and a mess off it. Therefore he is going to get it and as more and more people are smelling the coffee unless there is another great escape he is going to get it more and more. Add in the way the share sale was conducted and everything else and he is toxic.

Hiding from the media merely emphasises that he doesn’t want to face a proper questioning.

We have been successful on the pitch that's what's covered the incompetence for so many years !!

Only a few posters ever wanted to talk about the uncomfortable stuff at the time . It's only now that all the assets are stripped that he has no where else to hide .

Wonder if we can get tutu in as director of football ?
Jenkins versus the Americans on 20:56 - Dec 28 with 1200 viewswhoflungdung

Jenkins CV ?

Full of holes you could run a truck through.

He d be torn to shreds if interviewed .Our Club ,team and current ignomy is nothing to be proud of

Incredible some clearly believe Jenkins has attributes

It's staggering to behold

Opinions eh

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Jenkins versus the Americans on 17:56 - Dec 29 with 1058 viewsTheResurrection

who is the source/leak?

So...... Going back to this thread......

Deal with the facts people, not just the first thing that comes into your heads, as most of the info you're all getting is either rubbish or coming from the lynch mob.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 18:18 - Dec 29 with 1011 viewsswan65split

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42510431

full of regrets, errors, and maybe contradictions

"He does not think American investors Jason Levien and Steven Kaplan deserve criticism."
"Clement, who was sacked in December after a year in charge, should have been dismissed earlier"
"The 54-year-old said he would consider standing down at the end of the season, adding that his family would be happy if he was no longer in the post."

to the above last comment.......so would many others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024