Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins versus the Americans 11:21 - Dec 28 with 8481 viewsTheResurrection

Keep this very much in mind...

The inexperienced Americans have messed up on at least 3 big calls to date

1 - Appointing Bradley
2 - Taking forever with the Siggy transfer thus messing our window completely up
3 - Taking forever with the Clement sacking

Jenkins wanted no part of Bob Bradley
Jenkins wanted Siggy gone weeks and weeks earlier
Jenkins wanted Clement gone, again, weeks ago.

The plan to get shot of Jenkins is useless, UNLESS there is a succession plan.

Because if we are left with the incompetent Americans making the sort of decisions above, then we really are facked.

Phil S and Matt G know all of the above so what is the game here?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:45 - Dec 28 with 1387 viewsDarran

What’s the point of this thread?
The bloke created our situation by selling to the çunts behind the backs of just about everyone in the first place.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:48 - Dec 28 with 1373 viewsacejack3065

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:43 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

I am not arguing that point....

FFS, everyone needs to put their blind hatred aside for a minute and think about what Ive ACTUALLY written

We aren't in the sh*t just because of those three points though.

You can throw in the years of shocking recruitment, the Laudrup fiasco, and sh*tting in the Trusts mouth as well as a tonne of other stuff and we've still got a rap sheet long enough to justify running the c**t out of town.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:50 - Dec 28 with 1362 viewsMattG

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:41 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

Because when Jenkins asked for Clement to go, the Americans said no, they wanted to give him time, so there wasn't much point to planning for a new manager.

You also knew Jenkins wanted Siggy gone weeks before, you also know how difficult it is to communicate with the Yanks, as they restrict lines of comm's.

You also know it was them that appointed Bradley.

You aint got a plan either, have you?

So, to clarify, HJ didn't need to have a succession plan in place for Clement because he wasn't going to be sacked immediately. However, you expect a group of fans to have a succession plan in place for the replacement of Jenkins even though they have no direct access to the Yanks or the Board and there is no expectation that the Yanks will remove him any time soon.

Have I got that much right?
Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:52 - Dec 28 with 1342 viewslondonlisa2001

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:43 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

I am not arguing that point....

FFS, everyone needs to put their blind hatred aside for a minute and think about what Ive ACTUALLY written

If he's genuinely has no influence then we'd be better off either saving his £550k a season or using it to bring in someone that they may listen to.

Because if we accept the premise of the OP, it's money down the drain and we can't afford that.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:53 - Dec 28 with 1342 viewsSmellyplumz

We need a total clear out, Jenkins sacked and a buyer in that has money to invest a la abramovic, not likely to happen though is it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:54 - Dec 28 with 1328 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:41 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

Because when Jenkins asked for Clement to go, the Americans said no, they wanted to give him time, so there wasn't much point to planning for a new manager.

You also knew Jenkins wanted Siggy gone weeks before, you also know how difficult it is to communicate with the Yanks, as they restrict lines of comm's.

You also know it was them that appointed Bradley.

You aint got a plan either, have you?

They wanted to give him more time - I get that even though I think it was a bad decision.

So because they were giving him time there was not much point to planning for a new manager!!!!!?

The fact that they had concerns means that plan B looking for a new manager should have started even as a tentative step.

Appears more likely that they had people in mind or had made tentative approaches and either the people have had better offers, didn’t like the terms we had on offer or frankly decided that we are so crap that they don’t want to get involved.

Cue another shambles of not learning from previous mistakes.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:59 - Dec 28 with 1301 viewsLandore_Jack

Part of the reason why we are in a mess is because of recruitment. HJ is to blame here.

#backtojack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:02 - Dec 28 with 1291 viewsWingstandwood

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:52 - Dec 28 by londonlisa2001

If he's genuinely has no influence then we'd be better off either saving his £550k a season or using it to bring in someone that they may listen to.

Because if we accept the premise of the OP, it's money down the drain and we can't afford that.

When I was at school you always had that one wayward loon of a kid that the teacher could never trust with a sharp pair of scissors.

We'll Jenkins (D.O.F disaster) is the 'tens-of-millions-£££££'s-down-the-sewer' equivalent of the above kid. He is vastly more dangerous armed with a cheque book pouring away money thats not his own.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:07 - Dec 28 with 1275 viewsIAN05

I share your concerns on the Americans but we already have a situation where they have their own man in place in Jenkins. If what you mention is all true he clearly has no influence anyway so he may as well go.

Worth remembering that the shambles started a long time before the Americans.

1. Lack of governance leading to the Tutumulu situation
2. Appointment of Monk and erosion of style that came with it. Not to mention Jenkins then assuming the DOF role.
3. Dismissal of Monk and subsequent mess up of the Bielsa situation leaving us managerless for months.
4. Poor recruitment and scouting over a number of years
5. Creating a culture that encouraged players ton run to the chairman to snipe against the manager
6. Appalling treatment of Guidolin
7. Sale of the club behind back of Trust and other directors ( a point he and Levien admit to)
8. Poor treatment of Alan Curtis, Steve Penny and Don Keefe
9. Appointment of Paul Clement

Anyone in any business would be dismissed for those things. Very often the devil you know is not the best option.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:07 - Dec 28 with 1275 viewsMrSwerve

Which other players would we have signed if Siggy was sold earlier?

The transfer window was f*cked up because of our 'recruitment team'. It was obviously going to be a shambles as soon as it was apparent that Llorente and Siggy were likely to be off. We'd still end up with a £16m Clucas regardless.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 12:08]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:11 - Dec 28 with 1253 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:42 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

I agree with most of that, but you're still avoiding the points being made.

If the Americans are given carte blanche with full control and influence, we'll have similar scenarios as the 3 points afore mentioned.

They already have full control and from your post appear to be ignoring Jenkins.

He has no purpose apart from being a lightning rod to keep our anger away from the Americans and a further drain on resources. If he went the Americans would appoint someone else for that role.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:19 - Dec 28 with 1218 viewswobbly

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:42 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

I agree with most of that, but you're still avoiding the points being made.

If the Americans are given carte blanche with full control and influence, we'll have similar scenarios as the 3 points afore mentioned.

So, 3 calls you list out in the OP that the yanks got wrong. But as a defence of Jenkins?

That would only work if I could think of even one big call that Huw has got right this season. Let alone 3. Then throw in the catalogue of spectactularly bad calls over the last few seasons. So, consistent poor judgement, not least in selling to those very Americans in the first place in order to 'take us to the next level'.

i don't think that sort of poor judgement is what we want in our CEO, thanks.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:22 - Dec 28 with 1209 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:52 - Dec 28 by londonlisa2001

Took the words out of my mouth. Why would the owners waste over half a million a year on someone they ignore? They know the fans want Jenkins gone so getting rid would be a popular move as well as a money saving one.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:24 - Dec 28 with 1205 viewsLandore_Jack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:07 - Dec 28 by IAN05

I share your concerns on the Americans but we already have a situation where they have their own man in place in Jenkins. If what you mention is all true he clearly has no influence anyway so he may as well go.

2. Appointment of Monk and erosion of style that came with it. Not to mention Jenkins then assuming the DOF role.
3. Dismissal of Monk and subsequent mess up of the Bielsa situation leaving us managerless for months.
5. Creating a culture that encouraged players ton run to the chairman to snipe against the manager
7. Sale of the club behind back of Trust and other directors ( a point he and Levien admit to)

Anyone in any business would be dismissed for those things. Very often the devil you know is not the best option.

Poor handling of the Michael Laudrup dissmisal.

Michael Laudrup has claimed he was sacked by email just six hours after shaking hands with Swansea chairman, Huw Jenkins, about his continued employment.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/michael-laudrup-revea

#backtojack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:26 - Dec 28 with 1191 viewsswancity

Jenkins has done a lot of good things for the Club and no doubt will continue to do so if he continues BUT his actions mean that the Club is now disfunctional, it's pulling in several different directions and until he's out of the door along with Dinesen and Morgan things will only deteriorate further day by day. He has to go and soon so we can once again become united and together.

As for a replacement, a John Toshack type figure as DoF would be ideal.

Jenkins days are well and truly numbered and I think the cu nt knows it too.👍🏻⚽️⚽️⚽️

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:39 - Dec 28 with 1148 viewsHighjack

I think his point is that if Jenkins left the new guy would be worse. But I honestly believe we could employ Mr Blobby to run around the corridors of the Liberty for ten hours a day, knocking over vases and falling down stairs shouting "BLOBBY BLOBBY BLOBBY!" and he'd be of more value to the club than Huw Jenkins Massive Bell End currently is.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:42 - Dec 28 with 1141 viewsWingstandwood

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:39 - Dec 28 by Highjack

I think his point is that if Jenkins left the new guy would be worse. But I honestly believe we could employ Mr Blobby to run around the corridors of the Liberty for ten hours a day, knocking over vases and falling down stairs shouting "BLOBBY BLOBBY BLOBBY!" and he'd be of more value to the club than Huw Jenkins Massive Bell End currently is.

FFS dont let Jenkins see your post, he'll end up signing him!

Argus!

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:44 - Dec 28 with 1131 viewsLeonWasGod

Hopefully this penny is starting to drop more widely. Everyone’s fixated on HJ, but the Americans control that issue, and have made massive naive blunders, and were luke warm at best to the Trust.

They don’t know what they’re doing, and we now have an increasingly complex decision mechanism at board level.

It’s been the same since they too over. The first summer transfer window was badly managed too.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 13:40 - Dec 28 with 1039 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:50 - Dec 28 by MattG

So, to clarify, HJ didn't need to have a succession plan in place for Clement because he wasn't going to be sacked immediately. However, you expect a group of fans to have a succession plan in place for the replacement of Jenkins even though they have no direct access to the Yanks or the Board and there is no expectation that the Yanks will remove him any time soon.

Have I got that much right?

No, once again you're very much on the wrong side of being right.

And there's no such thing as a succession plan for a new manager. Not for a team like us. We have to make do with best options at the time and there'll be question marks over every single one of them in the frame.

But even for all that, how can you plan when your decision is being over ridden.

Jenkins hasn't made the bad choices of late, it's been the Americans, but that doesn't suit this particular witch hunt, does it.

People go on about everything going wrong since Laudrup. But from memory most were in agreement he had to go, and when we all saw the control he and his agent had over transfers, that was backed up

Now I adored Laudrup and his signings so I'm torn in saying this, but people can't run with the hare and the hounds, it was either right for him to go or it wasn't.

People then talk about recruitment, but we went with a different style and players were maybe brought in because of that. That's also down to the manager at the time and the players mentioned from this season then how much influence do you think Clement had over who was brought in. Sanches and Tammy are givens, Clucas would've been Clement stamped as well.

Previous windows saw everyone's beloved Siggy being brought in, Shelvey who did well for us overall. We've not had much luck over the last few windows but it's not easy either.

The sense of entitlement is the biggest concern facing our club at the moment. Not only do we want to stay in the Premier league but we're now all insisting that we play like Barcelona as well, and all this because we did it for just 5% of our history.

Are we being realistic or do we just enjoy the feeling of being hard done by so we can all have a good moan and bully someone?

Jenkins did a despicable thing as he got blinded by the chance to make him and his family secure for ever more. But it wasn't just him who made that decision, there were many others involved, Jenkins has been a safe pair of hands in the main throughout the years, we really should never forget that.

And going back to the main point, if the Americans didn't have him around to sound things out then we'd be left at the mercy of their calamitous mistakes alone.

That is a bigger worry than the aims of the Supporters Association in blindly getting rid of the only one there that's actually had some experience in football decisions over the years and in the main has had more success than failure.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Jenkins versus the Americans on 13:53 - Dec 28 with 993 viewsIAN05

Jenkins versus the Americans on 13:40 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

No, once again you're very much on the wrong side of being right.

And there's no such thing as a succession plan for a new manager. Not for a team like us. We have to make do with best options at the time and there'll be question marks over every single one of them in the frame.

But even for all that, how can you plan when your decision is being over ridden.

Jenkins hasn't made the bad choices of late, it's been the Americans, but that doesn't suit this particular witch hunt, does it.

People go on about everything going wrong since Laudrup. But from memory most were in agreement he had to go, and when we all saw the control he and his agent had over transfers, that was backed up

Now I adored Laudrup and his signings so I'm torn in saying this, but people can't run with the hare and the hounds, it was either right for him to go or it wasn't.

People then talk about recruitment, but we went with a different style and players were maybe brought in because of that. That's also down to the manager at the time and the players mentioned from this season then how much influence do you think Clement had over who was brought in. Sanches and Tammy are givens, Clucas would've been Clement stamped as well.

Previous windows saw everyone's beloved Siggy being brought in, Shelvey who did well for us overall. We've not had much luck over the last few windows but it's not easy either.

The sense of entitlement is the biggest concern facing our club at the moment. Not only do we want to stay in the Premier league but we're now all insisting that we play like Barcelona as well, and all this because we did it for just 5% of our history.

Are we being realistic or do we just enjoy the feeling of being hard done by so we can all have a good moan and bully someone?

Jenkins did a despicable thing as he got blinded by the chance to make him and his family secure for ever more. But it wasn't just him who made that decision, there were many others involved, Jenkins has been a safe pair of hands in the main throughout the years, we really should never forget that.

And going back to the main point, if the Americans didn't have him around to sound things out then we'd be left at the mercy of their calamitous mistakes alone.

That is a bigger worry than the aims of the Supporters Association in blindly getting rid of the only one there that's actually had some experience in football decisions over the years and in the main has had more success than failure.

I don't think may can say Laudrup didn't deserve to be sacked - because he lost interest and got what he deserved. The issue is that things went wrong very rapidly after due to Jenkins and the boards bad decision making and most importantly their lack of focus on the club due to trying to lone their own pockets.

Let's not forget the £1 million 'investment' the club made in Jack to a King - which we now know was purely for the ego and money making potential or the sellers. Jenkins oversaw all this as chairman.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 13:57 - Dec 28 with 979 viewslonglostjack

"People go on about everything going wrong since Laudrup. But from memory most were in agreement he had to go, and when we all saw the control he and his agent had over transfers, that was backed up"

Remind me - who was it that signed off the agreement regarding said agent's commission? None other than a certain Huw Jenkins. The very same person who later used it as a stick to beat Tutumlu with in the press.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:02 - Dec 28 with 962 viewswhoflungdung

Right or wrong .Who decides what is which

Our squad is immeasurably WEAKER than last season.

Profit has been made and has seen us buy Bony ,who is or could be crocked ,Sanches, an utter gamble and Clucas .... For 16 million....

We ve got three reserve goal keepers but no full backs .

Whoever is responsible for that ? The guy who signs the cheques ,which is Jenkins

This situation is utterly unnecessary

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:08 - Dec 28 with 943 viewsSwanseaman

Since the Americas came there have been seriously bad errors made that will more than likely see us relegated.

I agree HJ was making lots of mistakes before they came, his biggest was the selling to them in the 1st place: he is in effect the blame for it all.

As the OP poster says, it's the Americans who have made the mistakes which have really screwed us up. I think that they will continue to do so, their sloth like attitude means we will continue to miss out while our rivals move ahead.

I don't know what the solution can be, we can only see what happens with the new manager and what players we sign for now...
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 14:12]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:14 - Dec 28 with 912 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:07 - Dec 28 by IAN05

No point sticking a but in there Ian mate. Just come out and say it.

But most of those items aren't to do with Jenkins either.

Oh FFS behave yourself, we were all happy as fack when that so called poor governance led us to Michu and Co but when the wheels came off you look for fancy nonsense terminology? No.

Looking back most could argue that Monk was a successful manager. I criticised him the most and I think that was the height of my period of entitlement. Wanting Premier league football playing like Barça?! Yeah we don't want a lot do we....

Dismissing a manager is par for the course and the right thing for club's to do. Forget about long term managers, they don't exist anymore. Messing up the Bielsa situation? What?? How is it a mess up to not go for someone in particular? This crystal ball of yours, is it always so perfect?

Every club would love to see better players coming in at a snip, but again, everyone is getting clouded by Laudrup and how we got lucky for a season. Mawson is a recent example of recruitment, he's being touted for £25m, Siggy went for £45m, Llorente £12m, Cork £10m. We also brought 4 players in last window that got us our record half season points tally.

Jenkins created that did he? Or was it some of our more longer standing players just knew him so well they could do that. That's more to do with the players themselves than the bloody Chairman.

That was the Americans. How come you don't know?

Totally agree with this one

That was mostly the Americans

FFS, Clement was a major success and got us another year of Premier League football. The fact he didn't work out long term means nothing, like I've said, there's no such thing as a long term manger

Ian mate, some of those points are pathetic and this is what's worrying me about these supporters groups and our fans in general. This ridiculous expectation that we deserve better.

Nonsense.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:15 - Dec 28 with 909 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins versus the Americans on 13:53 - Dec 28 by IAN05

I don't think may can say Laudrup didn't deserve to be sacked - because he lost interest and got what he deserved. The issue is that things went wrong very rapidly after due to Jenkins and the boards bad decision making and most importantly their lack of focus on the club due to trying to lone their own pockets.

Let's not forget the £1 million 'investment' the club made in Jack to a King - which we now know was purely for the ego and money making potential or the sellers. Jenkins oversaw all this as chairman.

Well, one might also argue that Laudrup had to be sacked because Jenkins totally failed to back him the summer before and kicked his agent out of the club instead.

Jenkins has been okay overall after being great until 2013. The thought of unfettered Americans does concern me, but the club knowledge and sage advice role should be something that the Trust SD should look to input. If Jenkins is getting ignored, there is no point in paying a quarter of a million quid for it. Our mute SD can be ignored at no cost.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024