Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins versus the Americans 11:21 - Dec 28 with 8480 viewsTheResurrection

Keep this very much in mind...

The inexperienced Americans have messed up on at least 3 big calls to date

1 - Appointing Bradley
2 - Taking forever with the Siggy transfer thus messing our window completely up
3 - Taking forever with the Clement sacking

Jenkins wanted no part of Bob Bradley
Jenkins wanted Siggy gone weeks and weeks earlier
Jenkins wanted Clement gone, again, weeks ago.

The plan to get shot of Jenkins is useless, UNLESS there is a succession plan.

Because if we are left with the incompetent Americans making the sort of decisions above, then we really are facked.

Phil S and Matt G know all of the above so what is the game here?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:20 - Dec 28 with 1237 viewsAngelRangelQS

Jenkins is awful but who will they replace him with? Some idiot like Landon Donovan?
Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:20 - Dec 28 with 1233 viewsJackFish

I can see the Res's point though. If we get rid of Jenkins and the rest of the sellouts, who's going to be left running the club? The owners have so far shown that they can't be trusted to do that, especially with the Bradley fiasco and now the complete lack of reinvestment of transfer funds this season.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:23 - Dec 28 with 1229 viewswhoflungdung

Jenkins holds the reins as regards new players coming in to replace those leaving .

I can't think of greater waste of profit made

Few would waste the money we have .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:41 - Dec 28 with 1199 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:20 - Dec 28 by JackFish

I can see the Res's point though. If we get rid of Jenkins and the rest of the sellouts, who's going to be left running the club? The owners have so far shown that they can't be trusted to do that, especially with the Bradley fiasco and now the complete lack of reinvestment of transfer funds this season.

The point appears to be that Jenkins isn’t being allowed to run the club now. So what’s the point of keeping him on for over half a million a year? That’s a lot of money for someone to deflect the blame to.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:46 - Dec 28 with 1191 viewsvetchonian

So having had a go at destabilising the Trust the Res (HJs secret agent) now turns his attention to the SCSA

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:58 - Dec 28 with 1165 viewsFlashberryjack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:31 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

SPECTACULARY missing the point.

That's in the past and WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT NOW!!!!

The point here is the Americans are calling the shots, as EVIDENCED above - it is NOT Jenkins, so what are we going to do leaving them in total control? They have made HUGE mistakes so far, them..... NOT JENKINS.

The SCSA know this though.....

I'm afraid our club is doomed, it was doomed from the very moment Huw and the rest of those sneaky directors sold us to an American hedge fund consortium.

There is no Huw v the Americans, they are one of the same to me.

Huw sees the Americans as his cash cow, and the Americans see Swansea City FC as their cash cow.

Both can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jenkins versus the Americans on 14:59 - Dec 28 with 1164 viewsswan65split

The shyte started with Laudrup and Jenks the jINX

Who wanted to sell to the Yanks?

who is supposed to be at odds with the Yanks?

feck me you couldnt make it up!
Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:03 - Dec 28 with 1160 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:11 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

They already have full control and from your post appear to be ignoring Jenkins.

He has no purpose apart from being a lightning rod to keep our anger away from the Americans and a further drain on resources. If he went the Americans would appoint someone else for that role.

To an extent yes, which is the worry, but also Jenkins has proved them wrong on those 3 times. Without him there to have done that god knows what they could be capable of.

And I've not said Jenkins doesn't have any sort of influence, he just doesn't get to make the big decisions.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:07 - Dec 28 with 1148 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:19 - Dec 28 by wobbly

So, 3 calls you list out in the OP that the yanks got wrong. But as a defence of Jenkins?

That would only work if I could think of even one big call that Huw has got right this season. Let alone 3. Then throw in the catalogue of spectactularly bad calls over the last few seasons. So, consistent poor judgement, not least in selling to those very Americans in the first place in order to 'take us to the next level'.

i don't think that sort of poor judgement is what we want in our CEO, thanks.

This isn't a defence of Jenkins, you all need to realise this. I feel with everything that's going on, his position is fast becoming untenable.

This is a pointer as to what we'd be left with.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:09 - Dec 28 with 1139 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:22 - Dec 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Took the words out of my mouth. Why would the owners waste over half a million a year on someone they ignore? They know the fans want Jenkins gone so getting rid would be a popular move as well as a money saving one.

It's quite clear isn't it with all the mistakes they're making.....

It's Jenkins copping all the flack.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:12 - Dec 28 with 1125 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 12:44 - Dec 28 by LeonWasGod

Hopefully this penny is starting to drop more widely. Everyone’s fixated on HJ, but the Americans control that issue, and have made massive naive blunders, and were luke warm at best to the Trust.

They don’t know what they’re doing, and we now have an increasingly complex decision mechanism at board level.

It’s been the same since they too over. The first summer transfer window was badly managed too.

This...

And of all people....

But yes, spot on. This is the big concern.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:14 - Dec 28 with 1121 viewsNookiejack

I don’t often disagree with you - however if he is not calling the shots then why don’t we save ourselves £500k a year.

If he is not calling the shots is there any difference if he is still in the club or gone? Meanwhile he keeps drawing £40k a month.

Statistically only 2 clubs have avoided relegation when finishing bottom at Xmas and add to this fact we have played all the bottom of the table clubs already at home. Much better to pay his contract out now and for us to start rebuilding in respect of the Championship.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:28 - Dec 28 with 1102 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:14 - Dec 28 by Nookiejack

I don’t often disagree with you - however if he is not calling the shots then why don’t we save ourselves £500k a year.

If he is not calling the shots is there any difference if he is still in the club or gone? Meanwhile he keeps drawing £40k a month.

Statistically only 2 clubs have avoided relegation when finishing bottom at Xmas and add to this fact we have played all the bottom of the table clubs already at home. Much better to pay his contract out now and for us to start rebuilding in respect of the Championship.

This is the problem.

This is the complexity of it all. Jenkins is taking his money but doesn't always get listened to until it's too late. Had Jenkins had his way there'd have been no Bradley, Siggy would've been sold a month earlier so we'd have known we'd have the funds necessary to properly look for replacements and Clement would've gone weeks ago so a new manager may have picked up a few more points before Christmas.

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:32 - Dec 28 with 1087 viewsnantywatcher

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:12 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

This...

And of all people....

But yes, spot on. This is the big concern.

I agree with your OP comments and the underlying question: whether it is better sticking with the DEVIL we know or gambling on an unknown quantity (like the massively over rewarded Pearlman.)
My head says it might be slightly better to stick with HJ
My heart says pi*s off HJ and we'll try and sort out the mess you've helped to create, without your help.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:41 - Dec 28 with 1066 viewsDrizzy

More tedious drivel that, at its best, only highlights the congruent incompetence between Jenkins and the Americans.

They took ages to sell Siggy, Jenkins had less time to spaff away the money on sh*te.

I'm struggling to see a wider point, unless this is some bizarre excusal of Jenkins' litany of f*ck ups.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:45 - Dec 28 with 1054 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:28 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

This is the problem.

This is the complexity of it all. Jenkins is taking his money but doesn't always get listened to until it's too late. Had Jenkins had his way there'd have been no Bradley, Siggy would've been sold a month earlier so we'd have known we'd have the funds necessary to properly look for replacements and Clement would've gone weeks ago so a new manager may have picked up a few more points before Christmas.

Wtf was recruitment doing then?

We should have been looking for replacements before Gylfi was sold. A list of targets for positions with varying costs. That way we could get after our targets immediately the Gylfi deal was done knowing which ones we could now afford.

As it was no surprise that Gylfi wanted away that process should have started months before the deal was done.

However we waited until too late, nothing new in that.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:51 - Dec 28 with 1032 viewsglanmorjak

Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:45 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

Wtf was recruitment doing then?

We should have been looking for replacements before Gylfi was sold. A list of targets for positions with varying costs. That way we could get after our targets immediately the Gylfi deal was done knowing which ones we could now afford.

As it was no surprise that Gylfi wanted away that process should have started months before the deal was done.

However we waited until too late, nothing new in that.

Hard to believe me agreeing to what Chris posted, but HJ has to stay in his role at the club at least until the end of the season. He is spot on when he said the new owners messed up appointing Bradley, removed HJ from dealing with Gylfi’s transfer, and that Clement should have gone weeks before he actually did.

What should really concern the Trust, Independant action groups and fans is who the new owners are going to replace HJ with, and also, when the window re-opens. are they going to try and ramp up Mawson’s transfer fee as they did with Gylfi, and ultimately delay the player’s transfer. Yes, it’s great to screw clubs like West Ham out for more cash but the sure thing is whatever cash brought in, most of it will be floated across the Atlantic to the 27 investors.

HJ’s position at the club is not what it used to be, and that can be seen when we read that the likely players that will be arriving in January(the Falkirk defender and Yiadom), cost relatively little cash.

HJ might as well start planning his retirement to Majorca as he will always be allignd to the likes of Dineen and Morgan and has become the 2017 version of Mike Lewis to 99.9% of fans eyes, but the real worry should he be offloaded, and I expect that to be at the end of this season, is who is going to be appointed by the owners, especially when Landon Donovan sits on Kaplan and Levien’s right side.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 15:54 - Dec 28 with 1025 viewsSTID2017

You know all this about Jenkins how ?
Most apart from you seem to believe he wields great power.
If that were the case then Bradley wouldn't have come, Siggy would have gone in May and Clement would have gone in October.
I do not believe for one minute he is there just to do the Yanks bidding.
If Jenkins goes, we can use the money to employ a competent DOF or CEO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:07 - Dec 28 with 982 viewsthornabyswan

Jenkins versus the Americans on 11:37 - Dec 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins has put personal gain above all else, happy to double deal the trust and cut adrift long term colleagues like Keefe and Penny.

Wake up!!!

He wasn t the only one though are you saying Morgan Dineen Clogs and the rest were tricked into shafting us as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:08 - Dec 28 with 978 viewsthenorthbankbog

Defending Jenkins again! Is it a coincidence the SCSA are starting to get their act together and you’re on here. Last week you were having a pop at the union. Are you on Jenkins’s payroll? Your complete 180 degree turn is hard to explain
Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:17 - Dec 28 with 941 views34dfgdf54

One point. Where is the evidence that selling Siggy earlier would have given us the funds to replace? If the rumours are to be true, we are selling Mawson to fund any signings in January.

He sold us to an American Hedge fund, behind the trusts back, that “Big Cat” guy (one of our owners!) was taking the p*ss out of us on twitter last week when Clement was sacked. There is no going back for him, he needs to go.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:17 - Dec 28 with 938 viewsNookiejack

The Director of Football Role you assume is responsible for Managerial appointments and quality of the squad.

1. When it comes to managerial appointments - we have gone through Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and Clement in a very short period of time and they are not all down to the Yanks.

Too many managers in too short a space of time must have destroyed continuity and created instability.

2. When it comes to the quality of the squad - he failed to replace Rangel, Routledge, Leon (maybe Mesa will work out) and Dyer. They have all been superb players for us and credit must be given to Jenkins, if he brought them in for a pittance - however he hasn’t replaced them and they are now over the hill.

He always realised this as made comments about this in fans forums. Maybe it just comes down to being too small a club and having the ability to buy in a quality squad - across all 23 slots. Maybe he realised club couldn’t afford to replace these players - which led to him selling out.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:18 - Dec 28 with 929 viewslonglostjack

Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:08 - Dec 28 by thenorthbankbog

Defending Jenkins again! Is it a coincidence the SCSA are starting to get their act together and you’re on here. Last week you were having a pop at the union. Are you on Jenkins’s payroll? Your complete 180 degree turn is hard to explain

I agree. The timing does look a little strange. A pity, from Jenkins' point of view, that he couldn't use this "better the devil you know" strategy in his progamme notes. Ah well, there's always social media to do it for him.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:20 - Dec 28 with 920 viewsjasfan

At the moment HJ is of use to the American owners to conduct this month's transfer business and as has already been stated to take most of the flak for the club's situation.

As for the late sale of Siggy, I'm not confident that the signings would have been much different as we would probably have just bought Clucas earlier in the window, and there doesn't appear to have been much money left over after that to buy a quality attacking midfielder anyway.
Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:24 - Dec 28 with 904 viewsDarran

Jenkins versus the Americans on 16:08 - Dec 28 by thenorthbankbog

Ive been saying that for months.

It is hard to explain.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024