Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of a dog 00:57 - Dec 31 with 22497 viewsLohengrin

My brother, who in all honesty in the forty seven years I've known, has never shown the slightest indication of possessing finer feelings is inconsolable. I mean, he wasn't like this when his marriage broke up!

What do the amateur psychiatrists on here make of mans' attachment to dogs?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The death of a dog on 21:26 - Dec 4 with 1001 viewsNeathJack

The death of a dog on 21:08 - Dec 4 by smellyjack

Had to say goodbye to my Labrador of 15 years yesterday and I am absolutely gutted

Deepest sympathies. It's a horrible time
The death of a dog on 21:26 - Dec 4 with 1001 viewsFlashberryjack

Had to say goodbye to my Labrador of 15 years yesterday and I am absolutely gutted

Sorry to hear that mate, I know how feel.

I've just read back through this thread, about when I had to leave go of my Spaniel "Harry".
Brought back so many memories (I'm crying like a big kid)

Harry's ashes are in a quiet corner of the garden, I planted some Lilly's there and they've bloomed all year, everytime I look at them they remind me of that lovely gentle dog.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The death of a dog on 21:31 - Dec 4 with 983 viewsCatullus

The death of a dog on 21:26 - Dec 4 by Flashberryjack

Sorry to hear that mate, I know how feel.

I've just read back through this thread, about when I had to leave go of my Spaniel "Harry".
Brought back so many memories (I'm crying like a big kid)

Harry's ashes are in a quiet corner of the garden, I planted some Lilly's there and they've bloomed all year, everytime I look at them they remind me of that lovely gentle dog.

Did you find another forever friend?

Our Lab/Springer cross turned 10 in August, I'm already dreading losing him but he's very fit and active so hopefully several years yet. My wife says I love him more than her, she may be right.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The death of a dog on 21:38 - Dec 4 with 968 viewsTNT

Our dog is being neutered on Friday. Any advice post op would be welcome.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The death of a dog on 21:39 - Dec 4 with 965 viewsFlashberryjack

The death of a dog on 21:31 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Did you find another forever friend?

Our Lab/Springer cross turned 10 in August, I'm already dreading losing him but he's very fit and active so hopefully several years yet. My wife says I love him more than her, she may be right.

We didn't get another dog (it hurt to much after losing Harry) but we do have a part time dog, our daughters little jack russell, she's bloody ruined and rules the house when she's here.

Hope you have many more years of fun with your dog, dogs are special they love you unconditionally (just like your wife does)

Hello

The death of a dog on 21:42 - Dec 4 with 939 viewsFlashberryjack

The death of a dog on 21:38 - Dec 4 by TNT

Our dog is being neutered on Friday. Any advice post op would be welcome.

I've never neutered a dog, but my daughters Jack Russell (bitch) has been, we've got watch their weight very carefully.

Hello

The death of a dog on 21:45 - Dec 4 with 934 viewsTNT

The death of a dog on 21:42 - Dec 4 by Flashberryjack

I've never neutered a dog, but my daughters Jack Russell (bitch) has been, we've got watch their weight very carefully.

Cheers mate. Despite having a dog most of my life, this is the first we've had neutered... uncharted territory.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 22:29]

The death of a dog on 21:47 - Dec 4 with 921 viewsFlashberryjack

The death of a dog on 21:45 - Dec 4 by TNT

Cheers mate. Despite having a dog most of my life, this is the first we've had neutered... uncharted territory.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 22:29]

Good luck mate.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

The death of a dog on 21:50 - Dec 4 with 915 viewsTNT

The death of a dog on 21:47 - Dec 4 by Flashberryjack

Good luck mate.

Not looking forward to it tbh, but thanks.

The death of a dog on 21:55 - Dec 4 with 896 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I feel for you, I really do. It’s a horrible time for everyone in the family.

We lost one of our two sisters a year and a week ago. The other one is still going strong and she’ll be 17 in the spring. We know it’s coming but we try to put it out of our minds.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The death of a dog on 21:59 - Dec 4 with 892 viewsBrynCartwright

Feeling for you Smelly mate.

Dogs are the dogs bollocks, they really are.

Still miss Kelly, my awesome Welsh Terrier/ Jack Russell cross and he passed away 27 years ago.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The death of a dog on 22:34 - Dec 4 with 862 viewsTNT

On a lighter note, when we took our dog for a pre-op visit a few days ago, he was whining. The woman said, ' When you bring him in on Friday, will he be whining like this?' My missus said that maybe he would. She said, 'It's just that we've got a cat coming in with high blood pressure that day.'

She was deadly serious... I was in tucks!

The death of a dog on 00:12 - Dec 5 with 838 viewsEbo

We had a real scare last Saturday, our 2-year-old King Charles Cavalier was panting after her walk and was shuffling on her back legs.

Took her straight to the vet and she has a disc problem. 6 weeks rest (that will be hard as she is active as hell). 2 injections wiped her out for the weekend but glad to say she can now stand and walk. She is a lot more herself today and is eating and drinking well. She is toileting too which is a relief. It will be a while before she is allowed to go out for walks though.

I think she did herself mischief trying to jump up on the bed and fell off.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The death of a dog on 00:45 - Dec 5 with 829 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 00:12 - Dec 5 by Ebo

We had a real scare last Saturday, our 2-year-old King Charles Cavalier was panting after her walk and was shuffling on her back legs.

Took her straight to the vet and she has a disc problem. 6 weeks rest (that will be hard as she is active as hell). 2 injections wiped her out for the weekend but glad to say she can now stand and walk. She is a lot more herself today and is eating and drinking well. She is toileting too which is a relief. It will be a while before she is allowed to go out for walks though.

I think she did herself mischief trying to jump up on the bed and fell off.

How old is she, Eb?

The death of a dog on 01:49 - Dec 5 with 815 viewsEbo

The death of a dog on 00:45 - Dec 5 by Lohengrin

How old is she, Eb?

Turned 2 just this Monday, she's back on the mend though playing with her toys.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The death of a dog on 01:57 - Dec 5 with 806 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 01:49 - Dec 5 by Ebo

Turned 2 just this Monday, she's back on the mend though playing with her toys.

It’s ten to two in the morning now, Eb. I’ll not be going to bed tonight. I’m in the kitchen sat on the floor with an old boy who’s breathing is getting very laboured. I’ll not let him die on his own.

Me and him have been inseparable for the last fourteen years and if he goes tonight he’ll go with his head on my lap. He knows he’s loved.

The death of a dog on 08:07 - Dec 5 with 778 viewspencoedjack

Sorry about your loss Smelly, still miss Tosh my Weimaraner & its been 18 months.

Got a Vizsla now totally different dog to the grumpy old fella.

TNT posted this for me at the time ....

'Today you did the kindest thing,
Today you set me free,
Thankyou for showing me,
The greatest dignity,
I'm sorry that my leaving,
Has broken your kind heart,
But we knew this day would come,
The day we had to part,
Don't think I did not hear,
Each last word you said,
Don't think I did not feel,
Your hand upon my head,
Today you did the bravest thing,
Today you set me free,
Thankyou for a wonderful life,
Thanks for loving me.'
The death of a dog on 09:30 - Dec 5 with 759 viewssmellyjack

The death of a dog on 08:07 - Dec 5 by pencoedjack

Sorry about your loss Smelly, still miss Tosh my Weimaraner & its been 18 months.

Got a Vizsla now totally different dog to the grumpy old fella.

TNT posted this for me at the time ....

'Today you did the kindest thing,
Today you set me free,
Thankyou for showing me,
The greatest dignity,
I'm sorry that my leaving,
Has broken your kind heart,
But we knew this day would come,
The day we had to part,
Don't think I did not hear,
Each last word you said,
Don't think I did not feel,
Your hand upon my head,
Today you did the bravest thing,
Today you set me free,
Thankyou for a wonderful life,
Thanks for loving me.'

That is really beautiful and again has me in floods.

Thanks for your kind words everyone, I don’t post here often but I guess I was looking for some sympathy last night. Even if it is through a keyboard, your words have really helped. Thanks jacks
The death of a dog on 10:42 - Dec 5 with 735 viewsCatullus

The death of a dog on 21:39 - Dec 4 by Flashberryjack

We didn't get another dog (it hurt to much after losing Harry) but we do have a part time dog, our daughters little jack russell, she's bloody ruined and rules the house when she's here.

Hope you have many more years of fun with your dog, dogs are special they love you unconditionally (just like your wife does)

Actually I'm in the same camp as you when it comes to getting another dog and I've already told my wife. She reckons she can't imagine me not having a dog but I know losing him is going to hurt more than any other dog because of what we've been through and I don't think I can do this again, I've said goodbye too many times and it never does get easier. A bl00dy divorce would be easier.

I said all that last time though so she's probably right and there are plenty of wonderful dogs in need of a loving home.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The death of a dog on 22:36 - Apr 6 with 489 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 22:26 - Jun 28 by bonymine

I really dread the day my dog passes away he’s 12 years old now and since my divorce to my now ex wife some 3 years ago he has been my constant companion helping me adjust throughout the turmoil, never judging yet just supporting and being there for me ......

What an amazing companion, NEVER judging, NEVER opinionated but ALWAYS there for me 👍
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 18:56]

So sorry to say I lost my beloved dog Oscar before Christmas but couldn’t face up to it until now ....

He was THE most important factor in my life after my divorce in 2015, sleep well my beloved companion.....xxxx

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The death of a dog on 22:52 - Apr 6 with 469 viewsFireboy2

The death of a dog on 22:36 - Apr 6 by bonymine

So sorry to say I lost my beloved dog Oscar before Christmas but couldn’t face up to it until now ....

He was THE most important factor in my life after my divorce in 2015, sleep well my beloved companion.....xxxx

So sorry to hear that BM, I do hope that the pain is getting easier mate, easy enough for you to consider getting another companion you deserve, I've been told that it takes time but getting another companion might help.
The death of a dog on 08:37 - Apr 7 with 420 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 22:52 - Apr 6 by Fireboy2

So sorry to hear that BM, I do hope that the pain is getting easier mate, easy enough for you to consider getting another companion you deserve, I've been told that it takes time but getting another companion might help.

Thanks for those kind words mate means a lot 👍.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The death of a dog on 09:29 - Apr 7 with 407 viewsFireboy2

The death of a dog on 08:37 - Apr 7 by bonymine

Thanks for those kind words mate means a lot 👍.

Not a problem mate, we got our first dog 3 years ago and I honestly wouldn't know what to do without him, I simply cannot imagine him going.

As I've said previously get yourself another but only when you feel its right for you.
The death of a dog on 10:09 - Apr 7 with 395 viewsonehunglow

The death of a dog on 09:29 - Apr 7 by Fireboy2

Not a problem mate, we got our first dog 3 years ago and I honestly wouldn't know what to do without him, I simply cannot imagine him going.

As I've said previously get yourself another but only when you feel its right for you.

We are considering one.
We had a GD who only lived until 3 when she had to destroyed and it upset us so much we vowed not to go thro all that again.
We're very unsure mainly as I want a Malinois and she a Vizsla but Malis can be hard work Vizslas very clingy. It would be ok now but Allah willing,I will be 80 in 9 years time and wifes 78 so not sure about having a full on super intelligent super athletic animals requiring much physical and indeed mental stimulation.
We also like travelling and of course they are a big tie.I wouldn't leave a Mali in kennels although my daughter has said she would house although he has a Mali of her own .

Dog are wonderful companions offering loyalty and unconditional love but they do restrict and their eventual loss is hard to bear so much so I am writing this unadultarted crap t make me feel better about not having a dog right now.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The death of a dog on 12:49 - Apr 7 with 378 viewspencoedjack

The death of a dog on 10:09 - Apr 7 by onehunglow

We are considering one.
We had a GD who only lived until 3 when she had to destroyed and it upset us so much we vowed not to go thro all that again.
We're very unsure mainly as I want a Malinois and she a Vizsla but Malis can be hard work Vizslas very clingy. It would be ok now but Allah willing,I will be 80 in 9 years time and wifes 78 so not sure about having a full on super intelligent super athletic animals requiring much physical and indeed mental stimulation.
We also like travelling and of course they are a big tie.I wouldn't leave a Mali in kennels although my daughter has said she would house although he has a Mali of her own .

Dog are wonderful companions offering loyalty and unconditional love but they do restrict and their eventual loss is hard to bear so much so I am writing this unadultarted crap t make me feel better about not having a dog right now.

Richie I wouldn't recommend a Vizsla at your age mate.

Mine needs a good 2 walks a day & I have never known a dog so clingy (they are not called Velcro Vizsla's for nothing).

No chance of mine staying in a standard kennels when we are away, so she goes to an independent dog sitter & stays at their home.

That said I wouldn't change her for the world, any younger person out there looking to purchase a dog & they enjoy long walks & a dog which needs training I'd highly recommend a Weimaraner (I still miss the old boy after 2 years).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024