Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 119526 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 19:33 - Jun 2 with 5593 viewsBadlands

Graham Potter on 19:22 - Jun 2 by bonymine

Couldn’t have put it better myself...I remember 1985 and the dark years just hope we don’t sink that far this time but we are owned by Hedge Fund Yanks who will asset strip to yield a return to their consortium ......not looking good IMHO.

To add a little balance the argument I believe Jenkins and others realised that when they were looking for buyers. (I'm not getting into who made what from the sale.) But we were heading for massive debt and relegation, in the 80s we vastly overspent and couldn't balance the books.
This time we have a core of Championship players and no debts.
Also, we have, at least for the time being, an American consortium with some history of backing sports clubs and a lot of money invested that they will only get back by regaining success.
I fear we'll do an 80s but in then rational head tuns up and thinks we won't.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Graham Potter on 20:57 - Jun 2 with 5385 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 19:33 - Jun 2 by Badlands

To add a little balance the argument I believe Jenkins and others realised that when they were looking for buyers. (I'm not getting into who made what from the sale.) But we were heading for massive debt and relegation, in the 80s we vastly overspent and couldn't balance the books.
Also, we have, at least for the time being, an American consortium with some history of backing sports clubs and a lot of money invested that they will only get back by regaining success.

I agree we were heading for relegation but even there I think some competence in the transfer market could have saved us.
I don't get the 'massive debt' bit though.
The Yanks did shell out to buy the club therby lining the pockets of the Sellouts. Our transfers were in profit so other than the the purchase the Yanks have not paid out anything.
Yet we have gone from potential massive debts to solvency with even less money coming in now we have screwed up our PL status.
Cant work this one out but happy to be corrected.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 21:24 - Jun 2 with 5300 viewsjacksfullaces

Graham Potter on 19:25 - Jun 2 by Fireboy2

And me

I feared the worse when the sellouts sold out to the yanks

And our relegation from the PL could kickstart another bad period for the club and fans

We will see their intentions in the next couple of months

for the last 2- 3 transfer windows have heard the same thing - we'll see their intentions over the next month or so.

I think by now, and the ongoing silence, we can get a pretty good read on their (un)intentions.
Graham Potter on 21:59 - Jun 2 with 5182 viewsShaky

Graham Potter on 19:33 - Jun 2 by Badlands

It is unfortunately a misunderstanding to claim Swansea have no debts.

Sadly they are significant and almost certainly growing:

The following is a picture of the development of Swansea's operating assets, primarily player registrations and fixed assets like training facilities, and how they are financed.

This will almost certainly need some further explanation but the financing item negative net working capital is basically unpaid bills.

Those bills have to be paid and should be viewed as debt.

The assets have to be financed, so all other things being equal paying those bills swaps that item for bank debt/overdraft.

Unless players are sold converting registrations to cash, that can then be used to settle the unpaid bills, which will have the result of shrinking the balance sheet.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Graham Potter on 23:04 - Jun 2 with 5050 viewsBadlands

Graham Potter on 21:59 - Jun 2 by Shaky

It is unfortunately a misunderstanding to claim Swansea have no debts.

Sadly they are significant and almost certainly growing:

The following is a picture of the development of Swansea's operating assets, primarily player registrations and fixed assets like training facilities, and how they are financed.

This will almost certainly need some further explanation but the financing item negative net working capital is basically unpaid bills.

Those bills have to be paid and should be viewed as debt.

The assets have to be financed, so all other things being equal paying those bills swaps that item for bank debt/overdraft.

Unless players are sold converting registrations to cash, that can then be used to settle the unpaid bills, which will have the result of shrinking the balance sheet.

My understanding was, in addition to the running and manageable debt, we were looking at being £30 - 40 million outside agreed limits?
Did the new majority shareholders establish in season loans to cover running costs at a lower rate? Or was that just puff?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Graham Potter on 07:18 - Jun 3 with 4785 viewsShaky

Graham Potter on 23:04 - Jun 2 by Badlands

My understanding was, in addition to the running and manageable debt, we were looking at being £30 - 40 million outside agreed limits?
Did the new majority shareholders establish in season loans to cover running costs at a lower rate? Or was that just puff?

I don't mean to sound facetious, but your first sentence is a little vague. You mean the overdraft was £30/40 million over the agreed limit? When? What was the limit? These are significant amounts!

What is true though, is that although a simplification one of the key points from the chart I posted is that overdraft and negative working capital are substantially interchangeable. And as you can see clearly growing.

As for the issue of shareholder loans I have seen no notes in the accounts to indicate any have been extended, although it is possible that some sort of guarantees may have been provided by Kaplan to the bank.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Graham Potter on 10:20 - Jun 3 with 4509 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 21:24 - Jun 2 by jacksfullaces

for the last 2- 3 transfer windows have heard the same thing - we'll see their intentions over the next month or so.

I think by now, and the ongoing silence, we can get a pretty good read on their (un)intentions.

Groundhog Day isn't it? Remember last season when we kept saying the signings will be along very soon. In the end it was panic and wasted money. We held back as we needed players out before we could sign anyone as the Yanks have no intention of going into deficit for us.
Lack of funds, dithering and incompetence is likely to do for us again.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 10:46 - Jun 3 with 4406 viewsmoonie

We are run worse than a market stall.
Incompetence on an unimaginable scale clearly replicated .

We will not recover as we are with Jenkins in charge.

New manager is irrelevant really unless he s allowed to change things big time .

Players need to be shipped out and replaced ASAP.
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 22:32 - Jun 3 with 3828 views34dfgdf54

JVZ just tweeted welcome to “GP”. Will be announced tomorrow I assume.
Graham Potter on 22:46 - Jun 3 with 3774 views3swan

Graham Potter on 22:32 - Jun 3 by 34dfgdf54

JVZ just tweeted welcome to “GP”. Will be announced tomorrow I assume.

The club has saved on a week’s wage so maybe used it to up the offer to Ostersunds

Graham Potter on 10:04 - Jun 4 with 3391 viewspencoedjack

Any news except from John the clog?
Graham Potter on 10:09 - Jun 4 with 3363 viewsPintado

SSN saying he will be confirmed in next 24hrs

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Graham Potter on 10:10 - Jun 4 with 3352 viewsmagicdaps10

Interesting that Sky just said that Kyle MaCauly is an analyst rather than a scout.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 10:12 - Jun 4 with 3343 viewsHeadmaster

Graham Potter on 10:09 - Jun 4 by Pintado

24 hours or 24 years? Be glad when it's finally done so he can get to work ASAP.
Graham Potter on 10:13 - Jun 4 with 3339 viewsFireboy2

Graham Potter on 10:04 - Jun 4 by pencoedjack

Any news except from John the clog?

Just seen on ss news app that we have an agreement in place with potter but still have to sort out contract details and legal issues and are hopefull to get them sorted this week
Graham Potter on 10:13 - Jun 4 with 3328 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 10:09 - Jun 4 by Pintado

Let's hope they are right for once.....

Graham Potter on 10:30 - Jun 4 with 3240 viewsTheResurrection

Graham Potter on 18:01 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

Yep, it'll be a case of money being redirected to pay that overdraught/debt thingy that Dineen was on about on Swansea Sound last week. There's Summer wages to pay also... He also said players would be sold to avoid off-the-field-of-play redundancies, so thats money that is not going in its full entirety to be solely directed for new signings also. And the Yanks ain't gonna put one single penny of their own money into the club to finance new signings. So it is going to be sell to buy cheap as possible in a cost cutting environment/rebudgetting drive.

If the same comedy of catastrophic errors continues just like it did (and was not learned from previously) during the last few years? It'll be a disastrous scenario of vital time and momentum lost because of yet more scandalous money wastage.

The more the parachute payment(s) get wasted/guzzled within the first year or two? The much lesser chance the club will have of being promoted. Jenkins and Co have only one chance to get this right! The aforementioned circumstances and w@nkers in charge are well and truly conspiring against and poisoning SCFC's future prospects.

Oh shut the fack up FFS.

Miserable kunt, have a day off. No fack it, take the facking season!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Graham Potter on 10:33 - Jun 4 with 3209 viewsTheResurrection

Graham Potter on 20:57 - Jun 2 by Private_Partz

I agree we were heading for relegation but even there I think some competence in the transfer market could have saved us.
I don't get the 'massive debt' bit though.
The Yanks did shell out to buy the club therby lining the pockets of the Sellouts. Our transfers were in profit so other than the the purchase the Yanks have not paid out anything.
Yet we have gone from potential massive debts to solvency with even less money coming in now we have screwed up our PL status.
Cant work this one out but happy to be corrected.

You can't work it out yet you post that shit.

Sums this message board up.

A bunch of sad, angry blokes wallowing in self pity and frustration.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Graham Potter on 10:42 - Jun 4 with 3144 viewscrix

Graham Potter on 10:33 - Jun 4 by TheResurrection

You can't work it out yet you post that shit.

Sums this message board up.

A bunch of sad, angry blokes wallowing in self pity and frustration.

irony impairment?
interesting article you may wish to read https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02309/full
Graham Potter on 10:56 - Jun 4 with 3083 viewsFireboy2

Graham Potter on 10:42 - Jun 4 by crix

irony impairment?
interesting article you may wish to read https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02309/full

Fvcking brilliant

Absolutely spot on crix
Graham Potter on 11:09 - Jun 4 with 3004 viewsProfessor

irony impairment?

Frontiers in Farce

Would be an interesting new journal for Frontiers/NPG.

I find 'Frontiers' not really exacting enough in the peer review process. Stuff gets through that lacks originality
Graham Potter on 11:30 - Jun 4 with 2877 viewsTheResurrection

irony impairment?

Try to explain where the irony is and save the Bullshit amateur psychology for another day.

Graham Potter on 11:34 - Jun 4 with 2853 viewsTheResurrection

Graham Potter on 10:56 - Jun 4 by Fireboy2

Fvcking brilliant

Absolutely spot on crix

I tell you what's spot on. Your clueless additions to this website filtering straight into a facking junk folder.

What peach was it you said earlier?? Something about what will be interesting will be the next couple of months, whilst shooting your load even before those 'couple of months' have even properly started

Do you feel a burning sensation to have to just post something, like anything, no matter how facking absurd it is? Serious question?

Graham Potter on 11:41 - Jun 4 with 2810 viewsWingstandwood

Graham Potter on 10:30 - Jun 4 by TheResurrection

Oh shut the fack up FFS.

Miserable kunt, have a day off. No fack it, take the facking season!!!!

Yep, it'll be a case of money being redirected to pay that overdraught/debt thingy that Dineen was on about on Swansea Sound last week. There's Summer wages to pay also... He also said players would be sold to avoid off-the-field-of-play redundancies, so thats money that is not going in its full entirety to be solely directed for new signings also. And the Yanks ain't gonna put one single penny of their own money into the club to finance new signings. So it is going to be sell to buy cheap as possible in a cost cutting environment/rebudgetting drive.

If the same comedy of catastrophic errors continues just like it did (and was not learned from previously) during the last few years? It'll be a disastrous scenario of vital time and momentum lost because of yet more scandalous money wastage.

The more the parachute payment(s) get wasted/guzzled within the first year or two? The much lesser chance the club will have of being promoted. Jenkins and Co have only one chance to get this right! The aforementioned circumstances and w@nkers in charge are well and truly conspiring against and poisoning SCFC's future prospects.

Argus!

Graham Potter on 11:59 - Jun 4 with 2680 viewsDrizzy

The conversation has become too highbrow for Chrissy so he's come charging in to call people names. Again.

Seek help, Chris. You're clearly unwell.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024